Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. (1391 Views)

I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books / Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady / Lady Converts A Muslim Uber Driver & Leads Him To Christ. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by PROVERBZ(m): 6:57pm On Jan 01, 2023
On Christmas day I kept on seeing posts about how Christians were doing pagan worship and how Christmas was a pagan festival.
Most of the accounts posting those things were Muslims accounts.
I engaged some of them because I wanted to learn.

After arguing up and down with them. A few tried to reach me privately to preach Islam to me but there was a problem.
I was completely Christians and there was no room for doubt. The questioned my religion and I answered as gallantly as I could. Most of the questions were stupid. I didn't know much about Islam myself but I wanted to ask them those kind of stupid questions. So j went digginng and found a few.
After asking this hard questions I am yet to receive an answer from the people trying to convert me.

Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by PROVERBZ(m): 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2023
The rest of the conversation

Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by SWATMan: 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2023
grin
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by fortunez1(m): 8:00pm On Jan 01, 2023
K
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by AntiChristian: 7:27am On Jan 02, 2023
But in the end you said there's nothing to explain...

Where's the proof that December 25 Christmas is not pagan from your scripture?

Why didn't Jesus or any of the appointed disciples and biblical history writers celebrate it?
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by PROVERBZ(m): 7:23pm On Jan 03, 2023
AntiChristian:

Why didn't Jesus or any of the appointed disciples and biblical history writers celebrate it?
Mr brother every Christian church tells it's followers that 25th December is not the exact day Christ was born.
I learnt in Church that because of the way the skies were described as being empty jesus was probably born around April.

December 25th is not pagan beacsue the calender we use is a Christian calender and what dis means is that there was nothing like December before Christianity.
Secondly we celebrate Christmas because of the significance. The birth of Christ is one of the pinnacles of our faith. We chose a day to celebrate it and we chose to celebrate it at exactly one week before the new year comes.
The 25th December is very convenient beacsue it is in the holidays.

And all those Christian figures did not cleebrate Christmas because they were dead by the time we started celebrating it.

2 Likes

Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by AntiChristian: 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2023
PROVERBZ:
Mr brother every Christian church tells it's followers that 25th December is not the exact day Christ was born.
I learnt in Church that because of the way the skies were described as being empty jesus was probably born around April.

December 25th is not pagan beacsue the calender we use is a Christian calender and what dis means is that there was nothing like December before Christianity.
Secondly we celebrate Christmas because of the significance. The birth of Christ is one of the pinnacles of our faith. We chose a day to celebrate it and we chose to celebrate it at exactly one week before the new year comes.
The 25th December is very convenient beacsue it is in the holidays.

And all those Christian figures did not cleebrate Christmas because they were dead by the time we started celebrating it.

Deeper life GO calls Christmas idolatrous in one of his videos!

MFM too avoid Christmas like plague!

Even Evangelist Google too supports the paganism of Christmas.

So who selected Christmas for you to celebrate as Christians?

It's not Jesus!
Not any of the disciples!
Not Mark/Luke/Paul!

So who?
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by AntiChristian: 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2023
And i hope you didn't tell lies in your chats above!

How's the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam a pagan?

How is the circumnavigation of the Kaaba a pagan ritual?

How is the five daily prayers pagan?

PROVERBZ
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by Ken4Christ: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2023
AntiChristian:

Continue your foolish questions until your soul lands in hell. You are doing a great job for the devil.
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by Ken4Christ: 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2023
PROVERBZ:
On Christmas day I kept on seeing posts about how Christians were doing pagan worship and how Christmas was a pagan festival.
Most of the accounts posting those things were Muslims accounts.
I engaged some of them because I wanted to learn.

After arguing up and down with them. A few tried to reach me privately to preach Islam to me but there was a problem.
I was completely Christians and there was no room for doubt. The questioned my religion and I answered as gallantly as I could. Most of the questions were stupid. I didn't know much about Islam myself but I wanted to ask them those kind of stupid questions. So j went digginng and found a few.
After asking this hard questions I am yet to receive an answer from the people trying to convert me.

There is no salvation in Islam. There is no where in the Quran Mohammed promised his followers salvation. Rather, he told them that he is not even sure of his own destiny - Sure 46:9.

Follow who know road - Jesus is the only way to God.
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by AntiChristian: 5:35am On Jan 05, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Continue your foolish questions until your soul lands in hell. You are doing a great job for the devil.

Devilish diversion! You're the one who is hell bound for celebrating idolatry in the name of Jesus!

When Jesus rejects you your eyes go clear!
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by PROVERBZ(m): 7:06am On Jan 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

Deeper life GO calls Christmas idolatrous in one of his videos!

MFM too avoid Christmas like plague!

Even Evangelist Google too supports the paganism of Christmas.

So who selected Christmas for you to celebrate as Christians?

It's not Jesus!
Not any of the disciples!
Not Mark/Luke/Paul!

So who?
it is us!! The Catholic church of God!!
We selected Christmas. We made the current calender that even Muslims use.
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by PROVERBZ(m): 7:08am On Jan 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

PROVERBZ
brother Muhammed lived in Arabian and worshiped idols for most of his life.
If u didn't know this already are u even a follower of Mohammed ?
The kabba housed hundreds of idols pagan from around Arabia used to go there to do everything Muslims currently do there.
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by advocatejare(m): 7:23am On Jan 05, 2023
PROVERBZ:
The kabba housed hundreds of idols pagan from around Arabia used to go there to do everything Muslims currently do there.
Islam’s five daily prayers is a direct copy of Zoroastrianism 5 daily prayer, same time but different names, and both are preceded by ablution

Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by advocatejare(m): 7:29am On Jan 05, 2023
As for Hajj and circumambulating round the Kaaba (Tawaf) it was a pagan practice that Muhammad incorporated into Islam, the pagan used to do it while naked and Muslims also continued to do until Abu Bakr, not even Muhammad stopped it after some years. The shameful practice done while they were naked continued until the last hajj of Muhammad.

Sahih al-Bukhari 369
Narrated Abu Huraira:
On the Day of Nahr (10th of Dhul-Hija, in the year
prior to the last Hajj of the Prophet
when Abu Bakr was the leader of the pilgrims in that Haji) Abu Bakr sent me along with other announcers to Mina to make a public announcement: "No pagan is allowed to perform Hajj after this year and no naked person is allowed to perform the Tawaf around the Ka'ba. Then Allah's Apostle sent 'Ali to read out the Surat Bara'a (at-Tauba) to the people; so he made the
announcement along with us on the day of Nahr in Mina: "No pagan is allowed to perform Hajj after this
year and no naked person is allowed to perform the
Tawaf around the Kaba."
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by advocatejare(m): 7:33am On Jan 05, 2023
The Islamic calendar and Ramadan fasting are pagan practices that pagans have been doing even before Muhammad was born, Muhammad later retained it in Islam and Muslims think that Ramadan was inspired by Allah grin whereas Ramadan is the ninth month of the pagan calendars which simply means “intense heat”.

I laugh today when I see Muslims name their children Ramadan, you’re simply naming your children “intense heat” and after pagans

1 Like

Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by Ken4Christ: 7:35am On Jan 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

Devilish diversion! You're the one who is hell bound for celebrating idolatry in the name of Jesus!

When Jesus rejects you your eyes go clear!

E de pain Satan cause we de celebrate Jesus.

And you are foolishly angry that the King of kings and Lord of lords is celebrated.

You have the spirit of Judas who got angry at the costly perfume poured on Jesus.

Must Jesus instruct you to do a thing worth doing before you do it?

When Mary poured costly perfume on Jesus, was she instructed to do it? But Jesus accepted it because it was to his honour.

Use your brain or go and hug a transformer.
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by advocatejare(m): 7:41am On Jan 05, 2023
Muhammad was misguided and lost before Allah claimed to have sent him but Muslims always lie that Allah doesn't sent the misguided.

"We found you lost and guided [you]"

wawajadaka ḍāllan fahad
-surah 93:7

The word used is ضَالًّا dallan, which means lost, astray, misguided. That was what Muhammad was before he was named a prophet by Waraqa !

Muhammad confessed that he didn’t know the right direction:

Say, "Indeed, I do not possess for you harm or right direction."

Muhammad said that he didn’t know what will be done to him or his followers

Say, "I am not something original among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am not but a clear warner."
-Quran 46:9

On the other hand,

Jesus proclaimed that he was The Way to God,

Jesus proclaimed that he was going to prepare the place in his Father’s house where his followers will stay for eternity

"I am going to the Father to prepare a place for you and I will come back to take you so where I will be you will you also will be"
-John 14:3

Jesus said to him, “ I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.“
-John 14:6
Jesus knew where he was going, he knew where his followers were going, Muhammad didn’t !

Why would any rational person follow someone who doesn’t know the way or his fate?

Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by AntiChristian: 8:37am On Jan 05, 2023
Ken4Christ:

E de pain Satan cause we de celebrate Jesus.
Not really. Even Satan himself celebrates with you on Christmas! Father Christmas is the approved pagan masquerade for the festival. The Christmas tree and lights are the other symbols of the pagan ritual!

And you are foolishly angry that the King of kings and Lord of lords is celebrated.
Who are the kings and lords he's ever presided over? Someone who was helpless in the womb, childhood and till death in your Bible!

[quote
You have the spirit of Judas who got angry at the costly perfume poured on Jesus. [/quote] Judas should be celebrated by Christians. I wonder why you guys don't name your kids after him. You should be happy he helped fulfill John 3:16.

Without him your God won't have died. Without him you won't have been saved by the blood of the lamb like a dibia in Nollywood movies!

Must Jesus instruct you to do a thing worth doing before you do it?
Yes, i think that's why you're called Christians! But alas, it's all a ruse!
Christianity was started and perfected long after Jesus. Can't you see the asinine question you're asking me?

When Mary poured costly perfume on Jesus, was she instructed to do it? But Jesus accepted it because it was to his honour.
Perfumes, costly or not is meant to be used by people. How's this related to celebrating pagan Christmas?

Use your brain or go and hug a transformer.
May it be for you in manifold as you wish me!
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by AntiChristian: 8:49am On Jan 05, 2023
PROVERBZ:
it is us!! The Catholic church of God!!
We selected Christmas. We made the current calender that even Muslims use.

Great!
So Catholics are the creator of the pagan worship! No wonder other Christian denominations call you pagans! You place graven images of Mary and Jesus in your churches! You bow down and genuflect to them!

You even seek help from dead people to pray for you!

So idolatry has been part and parcel of your denomination as far as I can tell.

So which calendar did you create for Muslims?

The solar or lunar calendar?
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by AntiChristian: 9:09am On Jan 05, 2023
PROVERBZ:
Give us the evidence!

If i say Catholics are idolators it's because I have seen them bow/kneel/genuflect/pray to graven images of Mary and Jesus alter. I know little about your mass, catechism and stations of the cross!

I am but I am unaware of all your vituperations. It's either I'm ignorant or you are a liar!

Is this your evidence? The Kaaba was built by Abraham and his son. Did they put idols in it after it was built?

And when did the five daily prayers became pagan? Was it when it was fifty prayers? Or when it was reduced to five?
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:13am On Jan 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
Give us the evidence!

If i say Catholics are idolators it's because I have seen them bow/kneel/genuflect/pray to graven images of Mary and Jesus alter. I know little about your mass, catechism and stations of the cross!
I am but I am unaware of all your vituperations. It's either I'm ignorant or you are a liar!

Is this your evidence? The Kaaba was built by Abraham and his son. Did they put idols in it after it was built?

And when did the five daily prayers became pagan? Was it when it was fifty prayers? Or when it was reduced to five?

Both the Quran and the Bible are overrated
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by PROVERBZ(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

PROVERBZ
lmao now that Its only Catholic that are pagan worshipers I advice u to look for another church and convert to save Ur souls. We Christians understand. That the difference between all the churches are the culture as long as u are Christian u are saved.
Catholic, Anglican or not.

Since h don't like Catholic I suggest u look for orthodox church they celebrate Christmas January 8.
Because they use another calender.
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by AntiChristian: 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

Both the Quran and the Bible are overrated

Thanks, Qu'ran is okay for me.
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by AntiChristian: 1:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
PROVERBZ:
lmao now that Its only Catholic that are pagan worshipers I advice u to look for another church and convert to save Ur souls. We Christians understand. That the difference between all the churches are the culture as long as u are Christian u are saved.
Catholic, Anglican or not.

Since h don't like Catholic I suggest u look for orthodox church they celebrate Christmas January 8.
Because they use another calender.

These are not the questions you were asked! Stop dilly-dallying!

Bring your proofs that the five daily prayers, the tawwaf of the Kaaba are pagan as found in your lies above!
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by PROVERBZ(m): 3:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

These are not the questions you were asked! Stop dilly-dallying!

Bring your proofs that the five daily prayers, the tawwaf of the Kaaba are pagan as found in your lies above!
I don't want to stress myself to much. Look for it urself.
It's Ur own salvation that on the line.
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by HellVictorinho6(m): 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

Thanks, Qu'ran is okay for me.

I wasn't saying otherwise...... it's ok unto you .... and many other people.

Just as the Bible.
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
And i hope you didn't tell lies in your chats above! How's the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam a pagan? How is the circumnavigation of the Kaaba a pagan ritual? How is the five daily prayers pagan?
They are all of them Pagan because they are not commanded by the God of Israel. Any idea that is not commanded by God is considered Pagan — that is the scriptural meaning of the word. undecided
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
PROVERBZ:
The rest of the conversation
Christmas is a pagan holiday much like every other general holiday out there because it was not decreed by God Himself. Now, God did not say it is against Him for anyone to celebrate pagan holidays. We are allowed to celebrate so long as we do not attempt to associate His name with any of what we do in connection to these celebrations. In the same way you do not associate God with New Year, Halloween, Independence day, Labor Day, Mother's day, etc., everything Pagan has its root with this world and not God and the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
PROVERBZ:
Mr brother every Christian church tells it's followers that 25th December is not the exact day Christ was born. I learnt in Church that because of the way the skies were described as being empty jesus was probably born around April.
December 25th is not pagan beacsue the calender we use is a Christian calender and what dis means is that there was nothing like December before Christianity. Secondly we celebrate Christmas because of the significance. The birth of Christ is one of the pinnacles of our faith. We chose a day to celebrate it and we chose to celebrate it at exactly one week before the new year comes. The 25th December is very convenient beacsue it is in the holidays. And all those Christian figures did not cleebrate Christmas because they were dead by the time we started celebrating it.
Understand first the meaning of the word Pagan. It is used to reference any and everything that is not commanded by God. God never gave religion to man, instead, God gave man His Law with a mandate that he, man, obey God's Law. However, men formulated religion as their way as way of rejecting God's Law yet wielding control and power over the minds and lives of their fellow men. So, all that has no root in God's Law, including Religion itself, is of pagan origin. undecided

So, since Christian is born of religion and not of God, it is pagan. You might say it is for this and that but the fact is God never asked any man to celebrate His birthday or formulate days for its celebrate. So, when you do these things using God's name you in fact sin against God whose permission you never got to begin with. undecided
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by PROVERBZ(m): 7:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Understand first the meaning of the word Pagan. It is used to reference any and everything that is not commanded by God. God never gave religion to man, instead, God gave man His Law with a mandate that he, man, obey God's Law. However, men formulated religion as their way as way of rejecting God's Law yet wielding control and power over the minds and lives of their fellow men. So, all that has no root in God's Law, including Religion itself, is of pagan origin. undecided

So, since Christian is born of religion and not of God, it is pagan. You might say it is for this and that but the fact is God never asked any man to celebrate His birthday or formulate days for its celebrate. So, when you do these things using God's name you in fact sin against God whose permission you never got to begin with. undecided
sir respectfully u are saying rubbish. I have free time and that's why I have chosen to reply. Normally, I would have ignored. Paganism was a word first used by early Christians to describe other people who worshiped different Gods than them. So in real sense even Islam is pagan to Christians.
Just the same way Jews used the word gentiles to refer to those who did not practice judiasm.
And how Muslims use the word kafir to refer to non Muslims.

I don't want to go into any detail about the rubbish u were talking about God not giving religion to man kind and bla bla bla.

Now that u know the meaning of pagan read the rubbish u wrote about Christian being pagan.
Re: Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
PROVERBZ:
■ sir respectfully u are saying rubbish. I have free time and that's why I have chosen to reply. Normally, I would have ignored. Paganism was a word first used by early Christians to describe other people who worshiped different Gods than them. So in real sense even Islam is pagan to Christians. Just the same way Jews used the word gentiles to refer to those who did not practice judiasm.

■ I don't want to go into any detail about the rubbish u were talking about God not giving religion to man kind and bla bla bla. Now that u know the meaning of pagan read the rubbish u wrote about Christian being pagan.
1. So, this changes what I said how? undecided

2. Again, Christianity is a religion born in this world. God never gave Christianity to men, and so it is not the worship of God but the worship of idols. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Popular Club House In Abakaliki Under Fire After Ladies Dressed Like Rev. Sister / More On Bilical Quiz / Do U Think Our Forefathers B4 Islam Or Christain Are In Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.