Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

African Cities With Electric Metro Rails - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / African Cities With Electric Metro Rails (616 Views)

Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics / Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria / South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Cities With Electric Metro Rails by DesignMaestro(m): 2:36am On Jan 02, 2023
Watch African cities that have electric metro rail networks comparable to those in advanced countries. The electric metro rail lines convey passengers within the urban areas using EMU or trams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onVJx4-u684

Re: African Cities With Electric Metro Rails by DesignMaestro(m): 2:37am On Jan 02, 2023
Egypt, Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia aren't our mates in terms of infrastructure. Don't even mention South Africa cool

Re: African Cities With Electric Metro Rails by DesignMaestro(m): 2:38am On Jan 02, 2023
More ...

Re: African Cities With Electric Metro Rails by DesignMaestro(m): 2:40am On Jan 02, 2023
South Africa has gone farrrr

Re: African Cities With Electric Metro Rails by DesignMaestro(m): 2:41am On Jan 02, 2023
The Addis Ababa metro rail line has no stations! What they built are roadside platforms that look like old BRT bus stops in Lagos.

It is not fair to compare this to Lagos Blue line with 13 stations (five already built). Lagos blue rail beats the Addis Ababa metro in terms of infrastructure and the type of EMU used.

Re: African Cities With Electric Metro Rails by DesignMaestro(m): 2:48am On Jan 02, 2023
South Africa has the most advanced rail transport system in Africa with electric trains connecting many of its cities.

Re: African Cities With Electric Metro Rails by DesignMaestro(m): 3:05am On Jan 02, 2023
The last two pictures above show the Marina section of Lagos blue line.
Re: African Cities With Electric Metro Rails by ElSudani: 3:08am On Jan 02, 2023
Lagos Metro nko?
Re: African Cities With Electric Metro Rails by MimiSheWrote(f): 3:11am On Jan 02, 2023
S. Africa: sizable Caucasian(white) population.
Morocco: Majority Arabs
Egypt: Majority Arabs
Algeria: Majority Arabs
Ethiopia: geographically, historically and genetically closely related to Arabs.

I'm a very proud black woman! And I honestly don't want to believe that development and advancement has everything to do with race or skin color! It's really embarrassing.

Note: it's not just about the rail stuff. If you visit any of the north African nations... Trust me, you would think you are already in Europe! Talking from experience...

You can hardly tell the difference between Tunis (Tunisia) and Venice (Italy)... The canals, iconic architecture, beautifully well planned cities and everything.

5 Likes

Re: African Cities With Electric Metro Rails by gebest: 5:52am On Jan 02, 2023
MimiSheWrote:
South Africa: sizable Caucasian population.
Morocco: Majority Arabs
Egypt: Majority Arabs
Algeria: Majority Arabs
Ethiopia: geographically, historically and to some extent genetically related to Arabs.

I'm a proud black woman but sometimes I just don't want to believe that development and advancement has everything to do with the color of the skin! Smh.

Note: it's not just about the rail stuff... When you visit North African countries, you might think you are already in Europe.

You can hardly tell the difference between Tunis, Tunisia and Venice Italy. The canals, the architecture, beautifully well planned cities and everything.
you are very correct, infact na your mama born you.

1 Like

Re: African Cities With Electric Metro Rails by seunlayi(m): 6:25am On Jan 02, 2023
I expected this follow follow Makinde of Oyo State to key into this early but rather, he became wike's puppet. Just a line connecting some areas will help relieve the transport situation in Ibadan

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Immigration Recognized Nanny Training In Nigeria / Sweden's 9 Months Resident Permit For Job Seekers And Business Starter / Re: Ukraine Student & Russia Student Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.