Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver (2254 Views)

UK Care Giver OR Study Visa? / Where Can I Do Care Giver Program In Nigeria / English Test: Duolingo Now Accepted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by princekelechukwu: 8:35am On Jan 02, 2023
Am a young male Nigerian.
I was chatting with an elderly woman on social media, I told her of my dreams of relocating to United States, as the conversation continued she told me her husband had heart surgery.
I suggested coming over to the United States to be their care giver and home assistant she accepted. She also gave me her number.

My question is: what type of visa do I need in this journey ✔️

Is it possible for her to do the travel documents for me (this will make it easier) ✔️

How much should I budget for this trip✔️

In conclusion if you where in my shoes how will you handle this.
Your friendly opinion is welcomed.

3 Likes

Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by Adegbem02: 8:58am On Jan 02, 2023
Please what platform did you use to chat, make I go try my luck too

1 Like

Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by princekelechukwu: 9:11am On Jan 02, 2023
larryking78:
Congratulations on this job in the new year.
I pray for others who look for good news in terms of job opportunities in abroad the Almighty God will give it to us...

Now, you can charge say $15-25 per hour.
Secondly it is possible she can help you with the travel document and faster as well.
You can budget 1.5Million for the trip also make your connect know about this link at least someone must be aware for security reasons.
Finally, make sure you give them your loyalty and trust. God will reward you
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by ednut1(m): 9:13am On Jan 02, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by mystery22: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2023
That’s not the way it works

2 Likes

Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
I believe your prospective employer is to apply for a visa on your behalf.

NB: I may be wrong though

2 Likes

Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by Blessedarethepe(m): 12:51pm On Jan 02, 2023
God will be with you o

2 Likes

Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by Nairalander248: 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2023
Ya think this is going to work. America is so organized that they won't want to compromise Citizen lives. As a caregiver you must come from an outsource company...

5 Likes

Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by Baronthecelebri: 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2023
Good one

1 Like

Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by Flora2Sweet: 6:20pm On Jan 02, 2023
Firstly you need a care giver certificate

1 Like

Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by sunnymighty(m): 6:31am On Jan 03, 2023
Op you need certifications, you are not a trained Caregiver
Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by Mummyimbecile(m): 7:50am On Jan 03, 2023
I've lived in the United States for 3 years now. I can categorically tell you that she, as an individual, can't petition for you to come over to the US on a work visa.

Tell her to invite you over first, but before you come over, I will advise you to do some online certification that will aid you in getting caregiver jobs faster.

The trick is once you come over, you can be taking care of her, and also be working in care homes.

Wishing you all the best. The best thing any young person who is still starting up in Nigeria can do for him or herself is to at the earliest possible time, find a way to leave Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by Mummyimbecile(m): 7:57am On Jan 03, 2023
princekelechukwu:
I was chatting with an elderly woman on social media, I told her of my dreams of relocating to United States, as the conversation continued she told me her husband had heart surgery.
I suggested coming over to the United States to be their care giver and home assistant she accepted. She also gave me her number.

Is it possible for her to do the travel documents for me (this will make it easier) ✔️

First, you need a visitor's visa. But you have to make sure you can be able to convince the VO that you have strong ties in Nigeria that will compel you to come back(though you're not coming back anyway)

Second, all you need is your flight ticket, and also some little dollars to keep body and soul together... Since they will be the ones accommodating and feeding you. I must add, you have to be very loyal and honest. Americans love honest and loyal people, believe me, there is nothing they can't do for you or help you achieve if you are honest.

Just budget max. 1.7 million, including your flight ticket.

Speak more with her, and get a clearer picture

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by ednut1(m): 10:24am On Jan 03, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
I've lived in the United States for 3 years now. I can categorically tell you that she, as an individual, can't petition for you to come over to the US on a work visa.

Tell her to invite you over first, but before you come over, I will advise you to do some online certification that will aid you in getting caregiver jobs faster.

The trick is once you come over, you can be taking care of her, and also be working in care homes.

Wishing you all the best. The best thing any young person who is still starting up in Nigeria can do for him or herself is to at the earliest possible time, find a way to leave Nigeria.
to get appointments these days na 2025 be that o
Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2023
princekelechukwu:

the site you met the lady ... kindly share

1 Like

Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by EbenezerTriumph: 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
emmanuelpopson:

grin
Re: American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver by EbenezerTriumph: 5:47pm On Jan 06, 2023
emmanuelpopson:

grin

(1) (Reply)

Diaspora Folks / Before You Take 'ethiopian Airline' / Calabar Much Better Than Lagos! spend x-mas in CALABAR!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.