Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,388 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Virus Attack, Plz Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Virus Attack, Plz Help (722 Views)

Virus Attack Alert!! System Doctor 2014 / Ahsan Computer & G.w. Bush Virus Attack / Virus Attack: Help Urgently Needed For My Computer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virus Attack, Plz Help by eduaustin(m): 9:33am On Aug 27, 2007
Goodday everyone, please i have a little challenge on a friends Laptop. there is this virus that keeps poping up each time u start up the system ans it won't allow you to access any web page. the laptop uses a wireless internet access card to browse. my friend said when he was online, he got a message that his system is prone to attack that he sholud download and scan his system with a certain SPYWARE TOOL REMOVER. as soon as that was done the whole system started maffunctioning, you cant open any web page.
Please, anyone that cant assist?
Re: Virus Attack, Plz Help by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:43am On Aug 27, 2007
do you have an antivirus? go to avast.com and download a free version they register so that u can have a pin mailed to your mailbox then install on your friends pc and scan his system
Re: Virus Attack, Plz Help by eduaustin(m): 9:57am On Aug 27, 2007
I have a SYMANTEC antivirus installed on the laptop myself last two weeks ago, but when i did a system full scan, it came up clean. its this same symantec that we are using in my office. the coperate edition.
Re: Virus Attack, Plz Help by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:14am On Aug 27, 2007
well if that be the case, then search this forum, for removing viruses manually
Re: Virus Attack, Plz Help by eduaustin(m): 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2007
earlier post!!!
this was my findings?

Guys i found out that the backgrond on the desktop was RED and had bio-harzard symbol and a ''YOUR PRIVACY IS IN DANGER'' download privacy protection software now. what is the solution to this problem, cos its making the system to keep bringin up pop us and with a windows security alert
Re: Virus Attack, Plz Help by mrjonz(m): 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2007
Ok, let me tell you the easiest way, try the system restore function:,go to start,programs, accessories,system tools, click on system restore.
U hav to remember when ur friend got downloaded the adware/malware, restore the computer to a date before that period. This should help take care of the problem. If not most anti-virus wont pick it up so a total format mit do the trick.
Cheers!!

(1) (Reply)

Anyone With Cheaper Pentium 3? / Sound Card Palaver / Computers On Sale! With Dvd Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.