Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? (1122 Views)

Today I Paid My Branch Loan. Screen shot;This is what they replied / How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? / I Have N500,000 Naira For Online Investment Please Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Richardlove(m): 3:42pm On Jan 02, 2023
So, I have been looking for alternative ways to double my hussle legally and I used to search on social media like Facebook, Nairaland, Instagram, LinkedIn etc. Facebook happened to has more of what I was looking for eg Freelancing jobs, Investment platforms, shipping businesses etc. I picked interest in one online investment platform where people gave testimonies of investing and getting double of what was invested. I don't usually fall for such tricks but I saw testimonies from members so I wanted to give a trial and I did on Dec 30th, 2022 and I was scammed up to #100,000. I agreed I was greedy to have fall for such greedy business but the attitudes of Nigerians praising what's not real made me fall this time. All through that day most testimonies were I invested 50,000 and got #100,000 etc.

I started with #50,000 but things led to things and by the time I knew #100k has gone just like that. Please has any ever recover his or her money from these people before or does anyone has idea on how I can recover my money back?

I have played along after the incident to get information on how I can get useful information on how to track the fraudsters from their colleagues but I only learnt about their office address at Abuja but no email abd mobile contact and I reside in Lagos. Please help with both positive and negative useful advise.
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Mide3367: 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2023
So pe otilo grin

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Rastafryrice: 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2023
if you still have thier account number and details
you can start from there
Report to thier bank with proves of scam and ask for thier account to be closed

If thier account is closed
they'll be forced to go to the bank to make enquires
From there, the bank will let you know of Thier presence

but 100k is too small Sha
u might end up spending up to 100 sef for everything grin
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Enskynelson(m): 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2023
Sorry for the loss of your money o. What a way to start
First, those testimonies you read are from the team of scammers. Those accounts are not real people. 99.999 per cent of investment platforms in Naija are scams.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Richardlove(m): 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2023
Yes, it might be small but in this present Nigeria economy, 100k means a lot to me. I would have even feel better if it was given to charity or my parents or the needy not scammers. That's why I hurt the more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Richardlove(m): 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2023
Planning to do that though but from my research it might have been paid to the account of another investor like me who might have also paid before. I will still try that, thanks.
Rastafryrice:
if you still have thier account number and details
you can start from there
Report to thier bank with proves of scam and ask for thier account to be closed

If thier account is closed
they'll be forced to go to the bank to make enquires
From there, the bank will let you know of Thier presence

but 100k is too small Sha
u might end up spending up to 100 sef for everything grin
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Richardlove(m): 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2023
I thought as much, thanks
Enskynelson:
First, those testimonies you read are from the team of scammers. Those accounts are not real people. 99.999 per cent of investment platforms in Naija are scams.
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by saintopus(m): 3:59pm On Jan 02, 2023
Richardlove:
Planning to do that though but from my research it might have been paid to the account of another investor like me who might have also paid before. I will still try that, thanks.

If you believed that then you wait perhaps another customer will pay you back too.

Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by TinubuDeDrugLor: 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2023
All those things you call investment in Nigeria are all scams.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Goodman247: 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2023
Scam
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Richardlove(m): 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2023
There are different platforms but some said that's how they operate but others said I made a mistake to accept to pay into individual account instead of company's account
saintopus:

If you believed that then you wait perhaps another customer will pay you back too.
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Richardlove(m): 7:11pm On Jan 02, 2023
Thanks
TinubuDeDrugLor:
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Richardlove(m): 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2023
Thanks
Goodman247:
Scam
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Richardlove(m): 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
No advise on how to get my money back yet
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Rastafryrice: 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2023
Richardlove:
No advise on how to get my money back yet
DM me with a token let me help you track thier location through thier phone number
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Fxmanager(m): 2:53am On Jan 03, 2023
Enskynelson:
We as Nigerians have always try to educate Nigerians and members of this forum on the need to only invest in a government licensed and regulated investment company or a company working under a government licensed and regulated company with your funds under the custodian of a government licensed and regulated company, when it comes to any online investment. We are not talking about business registration, as business registration like CAC does not subject the investment company to periodic audition of its financial books by the government. Only a government licensed and regulation will subject the investment company to periodic monitoring and audits of its financial books by the government regulatory body, in other to prevent scam/fraud by the company.

Scamming is not only a Nigerian thing, you are saying that 99.999% of investment platforms in Nigeria are scams. From 2004 to 2007 when Nigerians did not know much about website development and programming, who were running all the online investment platforms? Where they not foreigners? None of those investment platforms operated by those foreigners lasted, why because, they were not regulated by any government body or working under the supervision of a government regulatory body,which online investors should be researching to know before investing their hard earned money.

When Nigerians started learning website development and programming, we knew that fraudulent Nigerians will start running their own scam versions. The reason we were still warning in this forum about looking into the government regulatory and licensed status of any investment platform, be it a foreign or Nigerian investment platform.

To us instead of believing that your your statement that 99.999% of investment platforms in Naija are scams, we will rather say and believe that 99.999% of online investors lack the financial/investment education/awareness to know the proper steps to access and scrutinize an investment in other to know a legitimate investment platform. Most online investors are easily deceive by returns especially when the initial returns are paid out of which they do not know that this initial payouts in returns are baits to lure them to invest more, thereby losing more when the scam investment company shuts down and run away with their funds.

We have use our more that 14 years experience in the foreign exchange market as analyst/traders to set up one of the most secured investment platform in the forum. An investment platform that is operating under a government licensed and regulated foreign exchange broker, in which investors brokerage accounts are in their names, giving them exclusive/100% control of account deposits/withdrawals. We traders/investment company are only given access to only trade/manage the investors funds, and remember that this is happening under a government licensed and regulated environment. For more information about us, go through the link and pictures below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7349176/worlds-most-consistently-profitable-forex

Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Fxmanager(m): 2:59am On Jan 03, 2023
TinubuDeDrugLor:
We as Nigerians have always try to educate Nigerians and members of this forum on the need to only invest in a government licensed and regulated investment company or a company working under a government licensed and regulated company with your funds under the custodian of a government licensed and regulated company, when it comes to any online investment. We are not talking about business registration, as business registration like CAC does not subject the investment company to periodic audition of its financial books by the government. Only a government licensed and regulation will subject the investment company to periodic monitoring and audits of its financial books by the government regulatory body, in other to prevent scam/fraud by the company.

Scamming is not only a Nigerian thing. From 2004 to 2007 when Nigerians did not know much about website development and programming, who were running all the online investment platforms? Where they not foreigners? None of those investment platforms operated by those foreigners lasted, why because, they were not regulated by any government body or working under the supervision of a government regulatory body,which online investors should be researching to know before investing their hard earned money.

When Nigerians started learning website development and programming, we knew that fraudulent Nigerians will start running their own scam versions. The reason we were still warning in this forum about looking into the government regulatory and licensed status of any investment platform, be it a foreign or Nigerian investment platform.

To us, we will rather say and believe that 99.999% of online investors lack the financial/investment education/awareness to know the proper steps to access and scrutinize an investment in other to know a legitimate investment platform. Most online investors are easily deceive by returns especially when the initial returns are paid out of which they do not know that this initial payouts in returns are baits to lure them to invest more, thereby losing more when the scam investment company shuts down and run away with their funds.

We have use our more that 14 years experience in the foreign exchange market as analyst/traders to set up one of the most secured investment platform in the forum. An investment platform that is operating under a government licensed and regulated foreign exchange broker, in which investors brokerage accounts are in their names, giving them exclusive/100% control of account deposits/withdrawals. We traders/investment company are only given access to only trade/manage the investors funds, and remember that this is happening under a government licensed and regulated environment. For more information about us, go through the link and pictures below.

Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Fxmanager(m): 3:06am On Jan 03, 2023
Richardlove:
There are different platforms but some said that's how they operate but others said I made a mistake to accept to pay into individual account instead of company's account
Paying your money into an individual account or an company account is the same thing, as far the investment company is not licensed and regulated by any government regulatory body to receive deposits from any body/investors. Only a government licensed and regulation will subject the investment company to periodic monitoring and audits of its financial books by the government regulatory body, in other to prevent scam/fraud by the company.

Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Enskynelson(m): 7:23am On Jan 03, 2023
MRNIGERDoxx
Come and see o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by CryptoGuide: 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2023
My advice will be that you forget about the lost money, pick yourself up, and move on.
Y'all need to stop looking for investment platforms or bots or someone that promises to give you a certain return at the end of a given period for locking up your money with them; most of them are scam.

The only investment you should invest in is:
1) invest in yourself
2) invest in crypto

If you need free crypto training, message me on WhatsApp via 0 8 1 3 0 2 9 7 4 8 7

Richardlove:
So, I have been looking for alternative ways to double my hussle legally and I used to search on social media like Facebook, Nairaland, Instagram, LinkedIn etc. Facebook happened to has more of what I was looking for eg Freelancing jobs, Investment platforms, shipping businesses etc. I picked interest in one online investment platform where people gave testimonies of investing and getting double of what was invested. I don't usually fall for such tricks but I saw testimonies from members so I wanted to give a trial and I did on Dec 30th, 2022 and I was scammed up to #100,000. I agreed I was greedy to have fall for such greedy business but the attitudes of Nigerians praising what's not real made me fall this time. All through that day most testimonies were I invested 50,000 and got #100,000 etc.

I started with #50,000 but things led to things and by the time I knew #100k has gone just like that. Please has any ever recover his or her money from these people before or does anyone has idea on how I can recover my money back?

I have played along after the incident to get information on how I can get useful information on how to track the fraudsters from their colleagues but I only learnt about their office address at Abuja but no email abd mobile contact and I reside in Lagos. Please help with both positive and negative useful advise.
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Richardlove(m): 4:43am On Jan 04, 2023
Of what use will knowing their location be to be. I know they're in Abuja. Thanks for your efforts anyway
Rastafryrice:

DM me with a token let me help you track thier location through thier phone number
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Richardlove(m): 4:51am On Jan 04, 2023
Thanks for your contribution. It would be helpful if it also say something on how these criminal elements can be apprehended, thanks.
Fxmanager:

Scamming is not only a Nigerian thing, you are saying that 99.999% of investment platforms in Nigeria are scams. From 2004 to 2007 when Nigerians did not know much about website development and programming, who were running all the online investment platforms? Where they not foreigners? None of those investment platforms operated by those foreigners lasted, why because, they were not regulated by any government body or working under the supervision of a government regulatory body,which online investors should be researching to know before investing their hard earned money.

To us instead of believing that your your statement that 99.999% of investment platforms in Naija are scams, we will rather say and believe that 99.999% of online investors lack the financial/investment education/awareness to know the proper steps to access and scrutinize an investment in other to know a legitimate investment platform. Most online investors are easily deceive by returns especially when the initial returns are paid out of which they do not know that this initial payouts in returns are baits to lure them to invest more, thereby losing more when the scam investment company shuts down and run away with their funds.

Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 7:50am On Jan 08, 2023
Enskynelson:
MRNIGERDoxx
Come and see o.

Seeing Loudly....

Thanks for The Attention.
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 7:54am On Jan 08, 2023
Richardlove:

Use Your Head.

Private Account or Company Account.

Both are Scams.

The Only Investment in The World is The Investment on AGRICULTURE.

Wake Up From Your Slumber.
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by ayenale1(m): 7:56am On Jan 08, 2023
Those testimonies are from the same team of scammers...that should be crowd1 platforms...as for recovering your money...I guess you use confirm JUJU via that account name...if not your money is gone for their good...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 7:59am On Jan 08, 2023
Richardlove:

Well, The Only Two Things That I can Help You with Is To:

1) Search Down The Real Name of The Scammer if The Phone Number used is MTN.

2) Help You Track Down The Scammers' Location if you have their Phone Number.

This is a Premium Service and requires a Payment of 5 PAC = 25,000 Naira if You Really Want To Track Them Down.

You'll also need a Police Report so that I can release the second information to you.

Note: PAC = Poverty Alleviation Coin

Good Luck.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 8:07am On Jan 08, 2023
Richardlove:
Yes, it might be small but in this present Nigeria economy, 100k means a lot to me. I would have even feel better if it was given to charity or my parents or the needy not scammers. That's why I hurt the more.

So True.

Liked and Shared.
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 8:10am On Jan 08, 2023
SMART MONEY SOLUTION

S - Social Media

M - Marketing

A - Advertising

R - Relationship.

T - Technology.

SMART MONEY SOLUTION For Today (January 8, 2022)

SMART MONEY EVALUATION: EASIEST METHOD TO EARN $100 PER DAY. EASY CPA MARKETING FOR BEGINNERS

STEP 1:

Visit www*cpagrip*com

STEP 2:

Go To "Offer Tools", then Click on "My Offers".

STEP 3:

Change The Country To "United States"

STEP 4:

Insert "Giftcard" on The Search Box to display All The offers of Giftcards to you.

STEP 5:

You can select Any Giftcards of Any Popular Eatery, E-shop or Company.

Such Giftcards include ( Amazon, Buffalo Wild Wings, Texas Roadhouse, Chipotle, Roblox)

Avoid these following Giftcards (PayPal and Visa Giftcards). There conversion rate will be low.

STEP 6:

Make Sure To Chose A Desktop Version for Your Offers so that Even Smart Phone Users can be able to complete your offer.

STEP 7:

Copy Your Affiliate Link for One of The Giftcard Offers. You'll get paid your Affiliate Commission as soon as Anyone Clicks on Your Affiliate Link.

STEP 8:

Go To www*bio*link to create a landing page by creating your link.

STEP 9:

Add up Your Chosen Offer on Cpagrip to Your Bio. Add Up The Title and The Affiliate Link with The Picture of The Offer.

STEP 10:

Copy Your New Bio*link containing your offer.

STEP 11:

Post The Link on Your Instagram Bio so that you can promote it to A Specific Audience on Instagram.

STEP 12:

Assuming The Giftcard to The Fast Food Joint You Chose is "Chipotle". Then, you can search for the official page of "Chipotle" on Instagram so that you can have easy access to the people that Follow and Like "Chipotle".

STEP 13:

Click on Any of Their Posts (Images). You'll have Access To The Thousands of People that Love Their Posts.

STEP 14:

Reachout To The Accounts of People with A Content Greeting Them and Informing Them of The Benefit of Your Offer.

STEP 15:

To Automate The Entire Process of Reaching out to people on Instagram so that you don't do it manually yourself, you can download the extension "DM bot for Instagram". Another option is to download "Phantom Buster". These Two Bots will help You send Unlimited Preset Messages to Many People on Instagram so that you don't do the entire process manually by yourself.

STEP 16:

Your Aim is to reach out to hundreds of people everyday. The Conversion rate of doing this is HIGH so People will Register Under Your Affiliate Link.

With this method, You can earn Atleast $100 Daily when you have Atleast 60 people clicking and registering for The Offer with your Affiliate Link.

Good Luck.
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 8:16am On Jan 08, 2023
MRNIGERDoxx:
SMART MONEY SOLUTION

S - Social Media

M - Marketing

A - Advertising

R - Relationship.

T - Technology.

SMART MONEY SOLUTION For Today (January 8, 2022)

SMART MONEY EVALUATION: EASIEST METHOD TO EARN $100 PER DAY. EASY CPA MARKETING FOR BEGINNERS

STEP 1:

Visit www*cpagrip*com

STEP 2:

Go To "Offer Tools", then Click on "My Offers".

STEP 3:

Change The Country To "United States"

STEP 4:

Insert "Giftcard" on The Search Box to display All The offers of Giftcards to you.

STEP 5:

You can select Any Giftcards of Any Popular Eatery, E-shop or Company.

Such Giftcards include ( Amazon, Buffalo Wild Wings, Texas Roadhouse, Chipotle, Roblox)

Avoid these following Giftcards (PayPal and Visa Giftcards). There conversion rate will be low.

STEP 6:

Make Sure To Chose A Desktop Version for Your Offers so that Even Smart Phone Users can be able to complete your offer.

STEP 7:

Copy Your Affiliate Link for One of The Giftcard Offers. You'll get paid your Affiliate Commission as soon as Anyone Clicks on Your Affiliate Link.

STEP 8:

Go To www*bio*link to create a landing page by creating your link.

STEP 9:

Add up Your Chosen Offer on Cpagrip to Your Bio. Add Up The Title and The Affiliate Link with The Picture of The Offer.

STEP 10:

Copy Your New Bio*link containing your offer.

STEP 11:

Post The Link on Your Instagram Bio so that you can promote it to A Specific Audience on Instagram.

STEP 12:

Assuming The Giftcard to The Fast Food Joint You Chose is "Chipotle". Then, you can search for the official page of "Chipotle" on Instagram so that you can have easy access to the people that Follow and Like "Chipotle".

STEP 13:

Click on Any of Their Posts (Images). You'll have Access To The Thousands of People that Love Their Posts.

STEP 14:

Reachout To The Accounts of People with A Content Greeting Them and Informing Them of The Benefit of Your Offer.

STEP 15:

To Automate The Entire Process of Reaching out to people on Instagram so that you don't do it manually yourself, you can download the extension "DM bot for Instagram". Another option is to download "Phantom Buster". These Two Bots will help You send Unlimited Preset Messages to Many People on Instagram so that you don't do the entire process manually by yourself.

STEP 16:

Your Aim is to reach out to hundreds of people everyday. The Conversion rate of doing this is HIGH so People will Register Under Your Affiliate Link.

With this method, You can earn Atleast $100 Daily when you have Atleast 60 people clicking and registering for The Offer with your Affiliate Link.

Good Luck.

If You are looking for genuine ways to make money online without spending a dime on any portal promising you with FAKE RETURNS And PROMISES; Then Follow Up On Our SMART MONEY SOLUTION TACTICS which is Powered By The POVERTY ALLEVIATION COIN (PAC) and SAFE DIGITAL HUB ENTERPRISE (SDHE).

Follow The Steps Above To Earn Yourself $100 Daily using The Above SMART MONEY SOLUTION TACTICS.

It is Pretty Easy and It Works Pretty Well.

It Works for Only Those Who Take Actions.

Zero Action, Zero Result.
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by PAWG(m): 2:47pm On Apr 05, 2023
Rastafryrice:

Can you help track a cellphone’s location using the phone number only? Kind quote me
Re: How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? by Rastafryrice: 3:08am On Apr 06, 2023
PAWG:

Can you help track a cellphone’s location using the phone number only? Kind quote me

Sorry I no longer do that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Invest Buying Cocoa Farm For Sale / Where Is My Transcorp Share Certificate? / Minimum Amount Of Shares I Can Buy???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.