Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Scam Alert! Has Anyone Been Getting These Messages - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scam Alert! Has Anyone Been Getting These Messages (714 Views)

Easter Messages By Banks And Organizations / Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / If You Are Not Getting These From Your Forex Broker, Its Time To Port! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert! Has Anyone Been Getting These Messages by shaqur231(m): 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2023
I have been getting WhatsApp messages from foreign numbers saying I should repay a loan which I don't know about. I think this is another scam going on. I have attached screen shots of the messages for your attention. I really do not understand what is going on. Is there anyone getting such messages? I have also gotten messages from foreign numbers as well saying I have qualified for a loan of up to 50k. These messages have been popping up after someone chatted me on Telegram to help him sell a car and that he will give me 5k USD which I find very funny. Screen shots of the chat from Telegram attached below

Re: Scam Alert! Has Anyone Been Getting These Messages by blaquebelle: 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2023
You collect the money abi u no collect the money?
Re: Scam Alert! Has Anyone Been Getting These Messages by shaqur231(m): 9:57pm On Jan 02, 2023
See messages from Telegram, immediately after this chat from Telegram the WhatsApp messages came in

Re: Scam Alert! Has Anyone Been Getting These Messages by shaqur231(m): 10:00pm On Jan 02, 2023
This is a new scam out there. If you click the link it takes you to a payment page asking you for repayment. I feel this scammer are taking it to another level to get peoples money
Re: Scam Alert! Has Anyone Been Getting These Messages by Lamasta(m): 10:26pm On Jan 02, 2023
Click and regret you ever did....

Don't be surprise that those sending you that scam messages are people you know real life

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert! Has Anyone Been Getting These Messages by shaqur231(m): 10:42pm On Jan 02, 2023
]Click and regret you ever did....

Don't be surprise that 5hose sending you that scam messages are people you know real life[/quote]

I did clicked the link cos I was like what is this, I had to quickly delete the app and also scan my phone with Avast antivirus. I just hope I haven't done any harm to myself by clicking the link. I have also restrict permissions to the apps on my phone
Re: Scam Alert! Has Anyone Been Getting These Messages by shaqur231(m): 11:31am On Jan 03, 2023
Different messages just keeps coming from foreign numbers. I just do not understand all of these, is there a way I can stop these messages.

Re: Scam Alert! Has Anyone Been Getting These Messages by shaqur231(m): 11:39am On Jan 03, 2023
Another one now from a different number as well. Guys this is the new scam alert. Kindly beware out there

Re: Scam Alert! Has Anyone Been Getting These Messages by shaqur231(m): 11:44am On Jan 03, 2023
Moderator please move to front page. I have received from 2 different supposed loan apps.
Re: Scam Alert! Has Anyone Been Getting These Messages by erniok(m): 12:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
shaqur231:
Moderator please move to front page. I have received from 2 different supposed loan apps.
Ignore them. They don't have anything on you. They are just hoping you'll panic and pay them off.
Re: Scam Alert! Has Anyone Been Getting These Messages by shaqur231(m): 3:43pm On Jan 03, 2023
erniok:

Ignore them. They don't have anything on you. They are just hoping you'll panic and pay them off.

I knew that was their game reason why I had to come to post and also make people aware. So some numbers like 6 different numbers has been calling me to take a loan that they have an offer for me, they mentioned names of these same so called loan apps sending me messages. I have been giving them a block, so guys this is the new scam, kindly beware. Thanks anyways bro for the advice

(1) (Reply)

The Best Aluminum Pouch Packaging From VICTOR OSCAR COMPANY / Nigeria’s Biggest Companies Post $385 Million Of Losses As Naira Weakens / E-gold Funding @ Your Present

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.