Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,856 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements (13606 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Completes House (Mansion) In Just Months In Office -SaharaReporter / List Of 10 Countries Buhari Visited In 181 Days In Office / President Jonathan's Office::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: What Do U Think???????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by MMM2(m): 10:33am On Sep 03, 2011
time still dey
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by 9jawear(m): 10:34am On Sep 03, 2011
goodluck has to understand .that there is no time,im not going to take sides with pro and anti-goodluck propangandists,but i believe a leader,no matter the opposition to your rule ,its a great opportunity to show yourself to be powerful and capable ,against all odds to defeat the enemy and succed , no matter if people in secret try to scuttle his presidency or bring chaos, he should learn from history and realise that,Great leaders didnt find things easy, they conquered evil against all odds and brought in a new era,so ppl shld quit blaming his performance on boko haram
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by 9jawear(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2011
goodluck has to understand .that there is no time,im not going to take sides with pro and anti-goodluck propangandists,but i believe a leader,no matter the opposition to your rule ,its a great opportunity to show yourself to be powerful and capable ,against all odds to defeat the enemy and succed , no matter if people in secret try to scuttle his presidency or bring chaos, he should learn from history and realise that,Great leaders didnt find things easy, they conquered evil against all odds and brought in a new era,so ppl shld quit blaming his performance on boko haram
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by apoti(m): 10:44am On Sep 03, 2011
Nashville:

On a serious note, Jonathan has started very slowly and doesn't seem to have the solution to Nigeria's problems. But I think he wants to do well even though he doesn't know how, so he is bringing in experts that can help him achieve something (anything).

Here is why I think he will be above average in the end. I think he has the will to do well and the people he has brought in will help him look good at the end!. Let's wait and see.

That's the problem: the know-how. Everyone means well for Nigeria, I know he means well but he is totally clueless.
Only those who know how should come out and contest. If he meant well he shouldn't have contested because he doesn't know how. No wonder Bakare called him a fool
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 03, 2011
badmrkt:

is not easy to rule ,pls lets gve dis man tym, pls,pls,pls[b].i promise u dis man ll b d bst presido we've eva had.GOODLUCK TO ALL[/b]

BEFORE 2021 HE WOULD AVE PERFORMED A MIRACLE - HALLELUJAH! AMEN!

kulutempa:

Achievements? Well he has promised, and promised, and promised, and promised, and promised, and promised. So far, we've had 100 days of promises. At this rate, Nigeria would soon become the promised land grin

BETTER STILL - GOODLUCK LAND lipsrsealed

Bisijohn:

Boko Haram, destabilization of Judiciary,erratic power supply,collapse in educational system,more talk and no action.

DICTIONARY DEFINITION OF FRESH AIR!

shawonlese:

Well, I am yet to see T, not to talk of transformation.

No action plans, no agendas, no goals, no set targets.

Although he promised to hit the ground running, i believe his new shoes were catching against the stones (Boko haram) on the ground.

CLASSIC!

dinggle:

He introduced a new driver's license to curb insecurity. Instead of a national Identity data base he went for driver's license data base. forgetting that most of the boko haram guys dont own a car or have a license besides in Nigeria you dont need a license to drive.

HOW DO U EXPECT THE PRESIDENT TO KNOW - AFTER ALL HE DOESN'T LIVE IN NIGERIA, HE LIVES IN ASO ROCK undecided

koolguy88:

100 day is to early to judge mr president, lets give him some time, reforms are soon maturing

DAMN RIGHT! LETS GIVE HIM 100 YEARS!

richardoz:

No tangible achievement so far

WRONG!

Babamide:

He has managed to stay alive and in office amidst all the chaos

GRAND TANGIBLE ACHIEVEMENT!

Baba Ibada:

He has tremendously worked on Dr (Mrs) Dame Patience Jonathan, at least she has stopped creating her own version of English Dictionary since May 29th 2011

YOU ARE NOT IN TUNE WITH CURRENT AFFAIRS

Am very happy the doctors and nurses are responding to treatment! - Her Excellency Dr. [Mrs.] DAME Patience Jonathan.

Johnpaul2k2:

his 100 days in office is still better than ibb, oby, buhari, abacha join together grin grin grin grin

GO EASY ON THE STUFF BEFORE YOU FIND YOURSELF IN YABA-LEFT

lare:

100 days? What about the months he's been in office before May 29? Aint we going to count those ones?

NO WE AINT GOING TO COUNT THOSE DAYS CAUSE THERE WAS A CAPITAL RED 'L' TAG ON HIS NUMBER PLATE. THOUGH IT SEEMS HE IS STILL LEARNING EVEN WITH DRIVING LICENSE lipsrsealed

Roland17:

1st and Only Achievement: He got himself new shoes, after the famous"i don't have shoes campaign" but the shoes came without user manual, thus he's often sighted on ten toes, while his wife has continuously and compulsorily made us wear helmets each time we are unfortunate to listen to her speech.

"Breath of fresh air indeed"

THAT'S WHAT 'MAJORITY' VOTED FOR - LETS ENJOY IT WITHOUT COMPLAIN.

Yinkay:

He promised to hit the ground running,may be he landed too hard. Let the Fresh Air continues, shocked[url][/url]

HE SNAPPED HIS ANGLE WHEN HE LANDED. FOR NOW HE IS STILL LIMPING UNTIL HIS LEGS HEALS - BY 2015, HE WILL BE ON FULL SPEED TILL 2021. LETS BE PATIENT WITH GEJ.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by vinkela(m): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2011
boko haram didn't start today it was here even during musa's tenure,dont forget that this sect may also have underlying political ambitions.for power, we all know that it takes times for investment in it to start yielding fruit.one thing is sure if Gej can't do it none of IBB,BUHARI OR ATIKU can instead let NUHU Try.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by Gbenge77(m): 11:58am On Sep 03, 2011
Having been in office for over a year,he has achieved absolutely nothing.Having been in office for over a year,he has achieved absolutely nothing.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by VoodooDoll(m): 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2011
100 days:

- Increased insecurity due to Boko Haram bombings;
- Lack of adequate evacuation measures for Nigerians in Libya;
- Increased unemployment;
- Banking failures further entrenched;
- Huge uncertainty around economic reform program;
- No coherent plan to tackle massive infrastructure deficit;
- Govt focus appears to be on a 6 year term bill as against more pressing matters;
- Damning indictment of Nigerian security services with foreigners leading on the Boko Haram bombings (FBI) and security of the office of the presidency (Israeli security agents);
- Power sector reforms struggling with further delays and even threats against state governments attempting to resolve the power emergency;
- No disclosed plan to tackle the inadequate healthcare;
- Petroleum Industry Bill still remains in the doldrums with IOCs continuing to exploit Nigeria's resources at will;
- No comprehensive plan to build and grow Agriculture, a sector which employs 70% of Nigerians; and
- Increased lack of confidence in the abilities of the state and federal executives to protect the citizenry.

Hmm, Happy 100 days Mr President. Your inbox is full,
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by agog: 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2011
if there is any Nigerian at this time most qualified for this job, it is GEJ. But what are we seeing? Anarchy. Threats are being carried out before our eyes.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by velo10: 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2011
Seriously were we expecting something terrific from this man with little or no good track record. I just dey laugh ooo
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by JaaizTech: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2011
I believe 100 days is too small to make any real progress, but in 100 days GEJ could have mapped out a road plan, and could have embarked on that road map, so much that we the people would already have an incline of where He is heading to. That is exactly the problem, we don't know where we are going, this may not be a perfect example, but compare him to Sanusi lamido, you may not like him but if you look at his last 100 days you can tell where Sanusi is heading, one reform or the other, one dream or the other is always popping up, that is what governance is.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by Godmann(m): 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2011
[size=20pt][center] Jonathan lack the intelligent, the capacity and the honesty to achieve anything.

The fools in every one of us, made us vote him in. Our four years is gone; let even pray that Boko Haram as being packaged will not get us down the lane of civil/religious war

Africa, when will you grow up. We are doomed forever
[/center][/size]
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2011
Whenever you mention Jonathan, stay far away from using the word "ACHIEVEMENT".

He was Deputy Governor for some time. What did he achieve?
He was Governor for some time. What did he achieve?
He was Vice President for some time. What did he achieve?
He was acting President for a while. What did he achieve?
He has been President for some time now. What has he achieved?

The man is a complete failure.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by baslone: 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2011
1stCitizen:

Whenever you mention Jonathan, stay far away from using the word "ACHIEVEMENT".

He was Deputy Governor for some time. What did he achieve?
He was Governor for some time. What did he achieve?
He was Vice President for some time. What did he achieve?
He was acting President for a while. What did he achieve?
He has been President for some time now. What has he achieved?

The man is a complete failure.

He and his wife became instant billionaires!

That is an achievement!
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by Ayowumie(m): 4:37pm On Sep 03, 2011
I wish there cud be another election so Nigerians cud av anoda opportunity of electing their president.
It exists only in the realm of wishes. I can pray that GEJ should succeed in his transformational agenda!
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by FelaLives(m): 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2011
Baba ibada cracks me up! 'im the one born to save 9JA, but i live abroad'
i love it grin grin grin to d max'
Na so we see am ooo for a lot of 'armchair internet critics/warriors'
however is not the discredited corrupt rulers of Nigeria that fcked up the
country to make it virtually impossible to earn/live a decent middle class
existence abeggy.
Just imagine the red herring/ smokescreen diversion tactics of
6 years one term in office policy. With ALL the anya wey dey groundn angry ?!
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2011
M M M:

time still dey

Definitely! 465 days into his administration, Time still dey, right?  cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by Gbawe: 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2011
100 days in office? What do you guys propose we do with the 12 months he was in office before that as substantive President? Throw it in the dustbin of history? No wonder Fela called us "original sufferheads". 100 days my foot !!!
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by sleekdot(m): 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2011
Where did you get 100 days from?

WHo was Nigerias president 1yr ago?
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by Afam4eva(m): 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2011
GEJ's tenure can only get worse. I don't see a tunnel, let alone a light at the end of it. We have to wait till 2015 for vision 2015 to manifest itself.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by Gbawe: 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2011
afam4eva:

GEJ's tenure can only get worse. I don't see a tunnel, let alone a light at the end of it. We have to wait till 2015 for vision 2015 to manifest itself.

I am still shocked to actually see , like a terrible dream becoming reality, election results that confirmed the special breed we are in Nigeria. We vote in a man with a totally mediocre and dull history to administer a badly troubled Nation, with very serious problems, and we expect progress? In the gullible search for unlikely miracles we forgot the saying that "Heaven help those who help themselves". Well, there is no choice but to enjoy "fresh air" for the next few years.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by Idealkocep: 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2011
He needs to change his advisers, especially the one in-charge of security issues. I thought after the police headquarters bombing, that there should be a paradigm shift in security approach in Abuja, especially those key places like Nass building, UN building, National secetriate, Aso Rock, etc. Funny enof, for the first time I had 24hrs uninterrupted power in my house after 3 years I packed in. Should this mean better days ahead, in the area of power generation and distribution for the country?
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by JimmyBoy1: 8:53pm On Sep 03, 2011
To say 100 days is not correct , he is been president for over 1 year, the ' goodluck' enthusiasm is gradualy going into extinction. If we continue this way, this administartion may not serve all its 4 years term.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by zoomzoom1(m): 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2011
talk talk talk
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 03, 2011
1. Launch the power sector reform road map

2.Inaugurate cabinet comprising of the best brain Nigeria can offer

3. Dislodged BK from Maiduguri, their strong hold

4.Gave women 35% representation as promised

5. Brought inflation down to single digit - 9.4%

6. Manage the 3 banks crisis without a single lost of job unlike during Yaradua

7.Nigeria image received a boost with the visits of world leaders

8.Launch 2 Nigerian satellites that have received international commendation

9.Set up economic team comprising of the very best brain around

10.Start up rail transport in the six geopolitical zones

11.Availability of petroleum products. No more queues.

12.Reviewed corpers allowance from 9,700 to 19, 800

13.Brought down the price of cement by over 25%

14.Signed the FOI bill into law

15.Approved the 18,000 minimum wage review.

I could go on and on and on, Nigeria sai GEJ
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by VoodooDoll(m): 11:29pm On Sep 03, 2011
1. Launch the power sector reform road map, - SAME ONE PDP HAS BEEN LAUNCHING SINCE 1999 AND WHICH GOT POSTPONED/DELAYED FROM END OF THIS YEAR TO SOMETIME NEXT YEAR

2.Inaugurate cabinet comprising of the best brain Nigeria can offer, - SAME CABINET THAT INCLUDES PEOPLE IMPLICATED IN THE SIEMENS SCANDAL AND LARGELY RECYCLED FAILURES

3. Dislodged BK from Maiduguri, their strong hold, - WELL BOKO HARAM IS STILL STRONG IN MAIDUGURI AND THEY ARE NOW IN ABUJA

4.Gave women 35% representation as promised, - I DEY LAUGH OH, IS THIS AN ACHIEVEMENT

5. Brought inflation down to single digit - 9.4%, - WHICH INFLATION: CORE? CBN? OR RETAIL PRICES?

6. Manage the 3 banks crisis without a single lost of job unlike during Yaradua, - TELL THAT TO THE WORKERS WHO ARE BEING SACKED, LET THEM ANSWER YOU. JOB LOSS HA NOT FINISHED

7.Nigeria image received a boost with the visits of world leaders, - REALLY! BRITAIN CAME TO SELL ARMS AND DEFENCE SERVICES WHILST GERMANY IS HUSTLING FOR BUYERS TO BOOST THEIR ECONOMY

8.Launch 2 Nigerian satellites that have received international commendation,- PRIORITIES MISPLACED, SHEY WE NOW KNOW WHAT NEW ZEALAND LOOKS LIKE WHILST NIGERIA FLOODS AND BURNS

9.Set up economic team comprising of the very best brain around, - ANOTHER TEAM, ANOTHER COMMITTEE, STLL NO RESULTS. WHERE ARE THE RESULTS OF THE 7 POINT AGENDA?

10.Start up rail transport in the six geopolitical zones, - AND , ? STARTING RAIL TRANSPORT IS BEING TOUTED IN THE 21ST CENTURY AS ACHIEVEMENT, HMMMNNNN

11.Availability of petroleum products. No more queues., - NO MORE QUE? BULL SHIT!!!!

12.Reviewed corpers allowance from 9,700 to 19, 800,- BUT DID NOT INCREASE THEIR SAFETY AND SECURITY NOR REVIEW THE WAY POSTINGS ARE MADE,

13.Brought down the price of cement by over 25%,- PRICE OF CEMENT IS BACK UP AND EVEN HIGHER THAN BEFORE

14.Signed the FOI bill into law,- AND THE ROAD MAP FOR ACCESSING THIS INFORMATION IS STILL UNCLEAR!

15.Approved the 18,000 minimum wage review.,- AND THIS IS BEING PAID BY WHO/HOW MANY FEDERAL AND STATE BODIES?

I could go on and on and on, Nigeria sai GEJ, HE STILL HAS NO SHOES!!!
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by Skii(m): 11:48pm On Sep 03, 2011
^^^^^^^ grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by otondo55: 3:24am On Sep 04, 2011
He is not the Messiah !
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by lookmangiw(m): 6:21am On Sep 04, 2011
Abeg, it seems like PHCN has undergone a real transfromation, come to my area now, we now enjoy 24 hours non interrupted power supply. chai, Oga goodluck go do much ooooo, we just have to be patient with him.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by mustafar1: 9:35am On Sep 04, 2011
100days wasted like the 100days before it.
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by baslone: 10:39am On Sep 04, 2011
lookmangiw:

Abeg, it seems like PHCN has undergone a real transfromation, come to my area now, we now enjoy 24 hours non interrupted power supply. chai, Oga goodluck go do much ooooo, we just have to be patient with him.

Where's your area? I stay at Gbagada, I have not had light since after Sallah day. . . . . .that's 3days now! shocked
Re: Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements by BIGERBOY1: 11:12am On Sep 04, 2011
this is for those who say hundred days is too small to judge jona. yet u can list 100 failures within this short period.

if d majority of nigerians still feel jona is their best choice. then Good luck 9ja, for we dont deserve a good leader yet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WHO, Global Fund Applaud Okonjo-iweala’s Appointment / Grazing Bill Passes First Reading In The Senate - Vanguard / Nigeria’s Warplanes Consume 1.9Million Litres Of Fuel Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.