Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,805 members, 7,866,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:59 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 17 (128 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 17 by PastorSomba(m): 10:19pm On Jan 03, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 17

Matthew 5:17-18 (KJV) "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
Romans 10:4 (KJV) "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

17. The Law was Not of Faith because it Was Not Fulfilled And No Man Had the Ability to Fulfill It: The preconditions and regulations of the law were impossible for any spiritually dead man to fulfill. And God never gave the law to men for them to fulfill it, but for them to come to the and of all their efforts so that they can cry to God for help and salvation, then God will send the messiah His son Jesus to deliver them. Jesus fulfilled all the righteous demands of the law which is death for all sinners. Having done that He set it aside since from the beginning the law was only an addition. The law was an addition in the book of Exodus after God's promise to Abraham in the book of Genesis. The law was added after the promise not to nullify the promise nor to make the law a condition for the fulfilment of the promise as some have turned the law to be.

The law was added to reveal to men that they were sinners and that as sinners they can never do anything to earn the promise or receive the promise. The laws was added to show all men that they were sinners and unrighteous before God and that there is no law or commandments or rules and regulations they can ever be able to keep to make them holy before God or please God. In other words by the law no one can ever please God. It takes only the fulfilment of the law to be able to please God through the law. Only love has the capacity and power to fulfill the law. God is love. God is a spirit. Love is of the spirit. In other words only a person of the Spirit can fulfill the law. No child of Adam is of the spirit but of the flesh. Hence God as a spirit had to come down and take on humanity in the person of Jesus. Romans 13:8-10 (KJV) "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

God is love, God is a spirit. Love is only able to fulfill the law because love is longsuffering towards men, love covers multitude of sins and love keeps no record of sins. Meanwhile the law demanded instant judgement, could not cover sin and kept all records of their sins. Jesus came as the love of God and as a spirit in human flesh. Jesus is the manifestation and demonstration of the love of God and as God Himself in human flesh. John 3:16 (KJV) "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 14:7, 9 (KJV) "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him...... he that hath seen me hath seen the Father;" No son of Adam is love personified and God personified. It takes only keeping all the law and not failing in one all through out your lifetime to be able to fulfill the law. No law breaker is qualified to fulfill the law. No man before Christ or outside Christ is qualified to fulfill the law. Only Christ and and all who are in Him have fulfilled the law.

Christ fulfilled the law when in love He died spiritually and physical for all men as the last Adam. He was resurrected from the dead as evidence that He had successfully fulfilled the law. If He had died without the resurrection the law would have continued. Under the law the death of a sinner was never sufficient fulfillment of the law in his life as the law continues to visit his iniquity up to his fourth generation after him. But the resurrection of Jesus was divine evidence that Jesus had met all the judicial requirements of the law. As a result, the law had no more power and authority over Him and all that are in Him. By the resurrection, Jesus was justified and was declared not only righteous but he became the righteousness of God personified.

As the justification and righteousness of God personified He has become the only way to being justified and made righteous before God. No longer by the law or through the law. Under the law God was not righteous and justified to call any human being His son because they were all sinners by nature and neither was anyone qualified to receive and enjoy the true riches and blessings of God which are now available to us in Christ Jesus. God is a spirit, His true blessings and inheritance for His sons are not of this world but spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. A sinner cannot be a child of God. God bless you. Galatians 3:1-29; 4:1-8; 5:6,16-25; 6:15 Romans 3:19-31; 5:13; 6:2-14,23; 7:1-25; 8:1-8,14-17; Ezekiel 18:4; Exodus 20:5; 1Timothy 1:9-10; Hebrews 11:6; Romans 14:23; John 3:3-8; 2:23-24; 6:63; 2Corinthians 5:17-21; Ephesians 1:3,17-23; 2:4-10; 4:24; 1Corinthians 13:4-8; 15:19-23,45-48,55-57; 1Peter 4:8; 1John 3:14; 4:7-8; John 1-3,14-17;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Water That Gives Eternal Life / Download EPHPHATHA The Mystery Of Open Doors By Apostle Joshua Selman / In The Light Of Truth: Thou Shalt Honor Father And Mother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.