Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Work Wahala In My Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Work Wahala In My Marriage (20958 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Justkatty(f): 10:03am On Jan 04, 2023
Afodot0022:
Forgiven her wasnt easy, to be honest with you have not 100% forgiven her cos am still shocked and heartbroken. But you see those kids they are girls and i know they will be massively affected if i act irrationally, they should not suffer for their mom crimes . The major thing now is trust and the way this union is going its very sketchy if it will last the test of time. The kids cant live with me cause am also a busy person and even though we end up DIVORCING, the court will still grant her cos they are still very young.
So sorry I didn't know they were girls and that alone should be the reason why she should restrategies and think of something else to do,to atleast bring her closer to her girls because of how evil the world is today.
Please for the sake of the kids and your mom please forgive her fully , I know it's not very easy to do that but please try and I just hope she doesn't gets distracted again because of any rubbish thing.
God will see you through
Always remember no marriage is perfect, forget everything you see online.
Just keep watering your own.

1 Like

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by 4ward4: 10:24am On Jan 04, 2023
I feel your pain OP. The worst part of all this is that ,her salary might not be up to 100k Considering her educational qualifications.
To be a man is complicated and uttermost wisdom is needed in handling issues . Number 1 and most importantly is home running monetarily.
Letting her work with such poor qualification was your mistake, she will definitely flirt to argument her poor pay, Considering Lunch and transport fare. It might be an innocent flirt ,but she will definitely do.
Your solution is simple, take her on a Trade. Take a loan and establish her...Discuss this intensively with Her and make a comprehensive business plan ,that will entice her. Show her how to make more money than the little salary she earns.
Divorce and those shouting out of points aren't conversant with Marriage reality. If you like go pick another wife, and same might befall you . If you don't plan for your woman properly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by BATified2023: 10:35am On Jan 04, 2023
Tokskob2008:
I think it's the trust you lost in her that's making you more worried about the six month course away from base cos 6months isn't that a long time but after it won't she be posted to another state?

If you want her to stop the work just tell her to do so and face the kids and family, the work isn't helpful in the first place plus she is already exhibiting strange behaviors so what's the point Imagine her having extramarital affairs that isn't helpful in anyway to her, still uses the upkeep allowance when she is broke so what is the use of her affair
women will always have plan B

At this point op said she made it clear she was willing to quit the job meaning she would have gotten enough sugar daddy numbers by that time n when she’s out of job she can always give excuses to go out n meet them which will still b d same thing n at that stage she won’t even help d op cos she will make it clear she’s not working n she won’t want to drop money so op won’t b suspicious

So I guess d op should just let her keep working n just live like closed neighbors cos once she goes for 6 months course in Enugu that’s an official permission to do whatever she likes
Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by BATified2023: 11:00am On Jan 04, 2023
Afodot0022:
Thanks for the input, you see women, you cant just predict them, this is the person that have not been beneficial in financing any thing at home. I basically do everything for her and the kids and instead of her to look for a way to support and lessen my financial stress, it was cheating that comes straight to her mind. Honestly i was devastated and betrayed by what she did, thank God i survived those period i discovered but you see, i have wise up and know how to run through things now, reason why i wanted the kids to go with her so she will bear the brunt and also the stress of what she has caused. Though she has apologize but you see forgiven a cheating wife is the difficult thing a man can do in this life.. you just cant let go as a man. ,
sorry u keep hammering cheating but did they have any sexual affair ?

If it’s still flirt chat u can reprimand her which is normal but still keeping it in mind will break d marriage in d long run

If they didn’t have sex u can still take measures that will help d family especially as a man, with the way u are going any small pressure will break d marriage especially from your end

1 Like

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by BATified2023: 11:10am On Jan 04, 2023
Afodot0022:
Honestly brother, that job has been a curse rather than blessings to the family. It has been one issue to another ever since she got the job. Nothing to show and the way they use her as a wardress is bad. Her pay is 32k and she spend close to 2k for transport daily which even exceed the salary each month. Attimes its the money i give her for housekeep she uses to transport herself. So whats the gain. I have gotten through enough pain in this marriage honestly and am on the verge of DIVORCING and opting out cos things seem not to get better and its worst if you marry a woman that should make things worst and difficult for you. Ever since i got married to her, it has always been one issue or the other. I am just tired honestly.
I pity u bros with what I have read here just tell her to stop d work asap

I was thinking she’s earning better money

How can someone b earning 32k with 2k tfare everyday which is a loss already n still b giving u issues

U can get small loan or change n look for a better junction where she can b selling snacks with fried yam,fried fish, n co

Everything should b under 150k

2 Likes

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by BATified2023: 11:14am On Jan 04, 2023
4ward4:
I feel your pain OP. The worst part of all this is that ,her salary might not be up to 100k Considering her educational qualifications.
To be a man is complicated and uttermost wisdom is needed in handling issues . Number 1 and most importantly is home running monetarily.
Letting her work with such poor qualification was your mistake, she will definitely flirt to argument her poor pay, Considering Lunch and transport fare. It might be an innocent flirt ,but she will definitely do.
Your solution is simple, take her on a Trade. Take a loan and establish her...Discuss this intensively with Her and make a comprehensive business plan ,that will entice her. Show her how to make more money than the little salary she earns.
Divorce and those shouting out of points aren't conversant with Marriage reality. If you like go pick another wife, and same might befall you . If you don't plan for your woman properly.
divorce is not even in d picture if op really wants to help himself

2 Likes

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Afodot0022(m): 11:20am On Jan 04, 2023
My brother i have never been this pained in my entire life. I felt it to my born marrow. The mistake i made was granting her permission to go for the job which i am regretting now. She entered with SSCE qualification as a level four and her pay is 38k with deduction what she earn is 32k. Imagine a govt worker earn such amount in this dispensations. Her tfar to work montly is close to 55k, just imagine, despite the inconveniences the job brings to the homes, its not even helping financially but rather taking from me again. So frustrating.. the only option is her to go and stay close to her office with the kids but what is my own faith here as a married man with the issue of trust on ground. She has tried business bfore but didn't work reason she opted for this job but we never knew what we were going into then. It messed everything up. It was during this job she started relating with another man and reason she did was to get money to augment her tfare money. Its keeps getting crazy with this woman i married and seems am already loosing it.
4ward4:
Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Afodot0022(m): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2023
Well the cheating wasnt already sexual but still emotional. How do u feel your wife telling a guy she loves him and misses him so much and remember every emotional affairs have tendencies to lead to sexual. If not that i came and disrupt what they were doing then, that guy might have had his way with my wife. U know woman can be vulnerable when they are emotionally attached to something.

BATified2023:
sorry u keep hammering cheating but did they have any sexual affair ?

If it’s still flirt chat u can reprimand her which is normal but still keeping it in mind will break d marriage in d long run

If they didn’t have sex u can still take measures that will help d family especially as a man, with the way u are going any small pressure will break d marriage especially from your end
Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Sammy07: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
Afodot0022:
Honestly brother, that job has been a curse rather than blessings to the family. It has been one issue to another ever since she got the job. Nothing to show and the way they use her as a wardress is bad. Her pay is 32k and she spend close to 2k for transport daily which even exceed the salary each month. Attimes its the money i give her for housekeep she uses to transport herself. So whats the gain. I have gotten through enough pain in this marriage honestly and am on the verge of DIVORCING and opting out cos things seem not to get better and its worst if you marry a woman that should make things worst and difficult for you. Ever since i got married to her, it has always been one issue or the other. I am just tired honestly.

Why will she be earning 32k?

Government job?

And BTW

Going through your threads, You married wrongly, the foundation of the marriage is faulty

1 Like

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Sweetvie: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
Bruh, for me I think you're the only one in that marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Konjiboii: 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
That's how women are naturally once they start making small money they lose control and their true nature get exposed. This is why women in power is a dangerous thing that should never happen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by femoomo(m): 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
Meandmycrew:
How many times will you post this? Oga a beg rest !
Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by everythinggirly(f): 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
Omo, this one choke.
Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Yankiss(m): 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
Zonefree:
Your main concern and worry should be infidelity from your wife, like I told you in your former thread.

You're yet to address that and now you're most concerned about her relocation. A woman who was flirting with her ex when you're sharing same room with her, what do you think will happen when she's alone?

Be wise.
It's obvious he doesnt know what he wants. He has to choose between that job and his marriage. The woman obviously need to leave that job. It's SIMPle

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Lamanii22(f): 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
She should just resign, a job that is not bringing peace is no job at all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by We4all: 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kollins11:
first of all, I don't do that useless shit called relationship or marriage.

Marriage/relationship is for delusional people who think love exist.

Secondly, them never born any useless Nigerian girl wey go play with my peace of mind. She dey Mad? abi Ogun wan kill her papa?

Oga, you better take total control of your house without minding her useless feelings, else the next Shege she go show you, you no go fit resist the urge to shalaye.

Just dey SIMP

Keep barking! I know your type.

2 Likes

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by clems88(m): 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2023
Before I married my wife I told her she's not working for anyone,rather I'll open a business for her. That's what I did. I dislike what will bring unnecessary problem

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Akalia(m): 12:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kollins11:
OP after reading your previous and current real life stories, I'm still asking myself what are you still doing with that useless wh0re. Infact by now I expect you to have bring in another fresh kpekus into your house.

All your stories state that your wife dey always show you better Shege and yet you dey SIMPly accept her back. U be mumu? 70 years old man

My Verdict: you're irredeemable SIMP, I have no advice for you becus you no dey hear word.
And anybody wey go advice you na also typical BASTARD.
Honestly, most men of today lack the ability to be firm especially in the context of handling infidelity issue on the part of their spouse(s). I for one will dissolve my marriage any day I discover that my wife had or is still having affair with another dude. WTF, so my dick is not enough for her and my effort at providing for her isn't worth it to her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Yesboss0009: 12:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
Establish business for her or file for DIVORCE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by ZooOga: 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2023
Op sorry to inform you but your wife is damaged goods and belongs to the streets. Any woman that doesn't want to be close to her young children that she birthed is trash. plus as you stated she has a trashy attitude and is untrustworthy. Slowly unwind from this toxic marriage for your peace of mind and do the best you can for your kids. That's all I got.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Shadysen: 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2023
i dont want to be harsh this year but this story is really fuvk up story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by iamjavadem(m): 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2023
Hmmmm.....the fact that your mum stays with you means a lot in this. I would like to hear from your wife because the problem can stem from this. Emotional affair from the old friend could have stemmed from this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Mrnairalandd: 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2023
Justkatty:
First of all, I'll commend you for forgiving your wife because in this part of the world, a man can overlook any other thing but when it comes to cheating 99% won't even want to think twice before sending her out.
May God continue to strengthen your marriage and also bless Mama for helping out.

Back to your question

I'll advise you to let her work for few months or a year, for her to be able to gather herself and think of a business she can do atleast for now, till when the kids comes of age. But I wouldn't want the kids to go live with her because of expenses, I believe you both can come up with a target and when that is achieved, you can now consider her quitting the job.
I know for sure you'll be having this double mind of her messing around, since you won't be together again, just don't let that bother you
If she chooses to respect her body fine
If she chooses to misbehave fine, when it's time, she'll bear the consequences.
Peace.

Listen to this fool at your own peril! The only reason why women are getting kicked out of marriages in this generation is cos most of these ladies seek advice or opinions from senseless ladies like this.

You see the way she is praising you for putting up with a cheating wife but if the table is turned, the same bitch ll call you a dead beat husband that deserves to be discarded like a piece of shit.

Mr man, if you truly want that marriage even though it seems that bitch wife of yours is not willing and ready to stay with you in that marriage, stop d job now. Don’t give a Bleep about what people like this fool would say...

Hold it right there, I think it ll be a great disservice to you if i fail to tell you that your so called wife was only respecting you before cos you are d breadwinner. Take this fact out of equation and see her dragging you in d mud. Sadly, a woman who is deliberately making attempt or attempted to cheat on you has no minimal respect for you. And for this reason, she ll continue to cheat at every slightest opportunity unless she hasn’t seen her choice of a man. Listen, the best way to deal with a cheating partner with your self-esteem intact as a man is to get rid of her asap.

If you forgive a cheating wife, you have just told her you are nothing but a worthless weakling who deserves nothing but to be cheated on. It’s an approval for future cheating and total disrespect. The most disrespectful way to belittle or disrespect a husband is cheating on him. If your wife cheated which is always intentional, trust me, all d respect for you is dead. If you now chooses to forgive her on top of that you are finished.

There are million ladies out there that ll worship, respect and adore you as a husband, why settling with someone who has no respect for you?

Listening to your mother is like listening to your cheating wife’s friend. If your mum was like your wife in her heydays, she won’t see big deal in it or she ll judge d whole situation from the fact she has done similar thing in the past. Get rid of that bitch before your time is up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Kingzeez10: 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2023
Afodot0022:
Yes the infidelity is my concern and this has really deaded the trust i have for her, if not that, i can still navigate this myself but you see trust is very big in marriage, i have thought about it that if she can have the mind and bold to talk to another man under my roof, ehat cant she do when she is distance when there will be little monitoring. Though it have been addressed and she apologize bitterly and promised she wont venture into such but you see once bitten is twice shy. Reason taking decision is difficult expecially the one that will favor the kids. Now there is a loophole in the marriage and seperation now will just destroy everything cos the union is weak now.
Crying bitterly doesn't mean anything my brother. No be women again. I don't have any advice to give but do what's best for you. Im very sure the signs are there and it's glaring. All the best

1 Like

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by amojis(m): 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2023
Your kids and mom should move in with your wife while you stay alone in the present house. Go for weekend every week. This should be the arrangement pending when she leaves for her 6 month training.
Reasons:

1. Your mum will be a check to your wife eventually misbehaving over there
2. Your kids will need their mum at that age (s)
3. Your needs will be met when you visit weekends and can spend time with the kids
4. Your wife will have extra change to cater for the home while you'll have more to save after sending them their upkeep
5. You'll still have a hold on the present home you stay

Know this.....
Your wife is ready to change and such a humble woman to agree to want to resign for peace to reign

Downside.....
Change of school for the kids
New friends for the kids
Change of environment for the kids
Running two homes but you'll manage as a man living alone

3 Likes

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2023
The most peaceful guys on earth are those without any serious relationship...

I've always told u people that some women are not marriageable...

Stay single and have as many pussies as you want and enjoy ur life...

A man with no girlfriend/wife has no one to break his heart, or have one to file for divorce...

I never see that lady wey fit gain my commitment or have a serious relationship with... She is not in this life...

When toto full ground like ocean sand... Una dey let one woman dey take Una play all because of marriage (Tueh).

If u need a child, find one fine babe give am Belle make she be ur baby mama... Then be taking care of her and the child without any commitment...

This is how we retain peace of mind till we die...

Know this and know peace...
Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by anthonyuncle(m): 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
wait o,
1. her t fare consumes her salary even before month end.
2. during the period of the quarrel, you weren't giving her money for her own upkeep.

how did she get the money she used to rent the apartment in the barracks angry

you just have to accept one truth: your wife is emotional gone from you and your kids.

she didn't consider even the kids when renting the apartment.
there is obviously another man (or men) in her life and you are appearing as the barier to her fantasies with others.
please, don't push her to quit her job. this cannot stop her from cheating if she wants to - it will even increase, and you might not even be aware.
and if she quits, she will be on your neck for even matches. her demands will escalate. the day you won't be able to provide, you will see her. she will blame you for all her misfortunes.

allow her continue her job.
she is following a good career path that'll favour the family - especially your kids.
let her relocate to the barracks, the kids should live with you and your mum.
it is a greater danger if they stay with your wife away from you cause they will notice her promiscuous character and become worse.

no matter the force or actions you take, she will only change if she wants to.
give your wife, the free role she's asking for. if she's reasonable, she will opt for a responsible life.
if not, she alone will suffer the consequences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by lordkrys(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2023
peepydelano:
Don’t take any advise from a woman especially the one above me
You've said it all
Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by bonnyhope: 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2023
You are not even bothered about her infidelity

Again, your wife got another apartment without your consent.

Well, is good you have forgiving heart

Keep it up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by Belleful: 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2023
My question is, did you discuss the issue of wanting the children to stay with her in the barracks and you visiting them once in a while? If yes, what was her reaction?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by iammolise(m): 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2023
I hate to be a barer of bad news but i think ur wife has become somewhat "i don't care", and she damn well is still doing "sheenor" in that barracks... Her oga dem will be using the job to be blackmailing her n shining her congo. Let her stop the work... All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Wahala In My Marriage by ogify1(m): 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2023
This same man said his wife refused to block the guy she cheated with… All this r*bbish story

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Slaps Wife And Got Her Blind (Snapshot) / Pls Time To Remember Our Old Fellow Nairalanders / Can Your Marriage Survive Japa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.