Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,319 members, 7,829,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Gun Violence At A Festac Club - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gun Violence At A Festac Club (12282 Views)

Photos From The Festac Bank Robbery Incidence, 14-month-old Baby & Mother Killed / Prostitution Is Now Big Business In Festac Town / violence in portharcourt over police killing a bus driver his wife just deliverd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gun Violence At A Festac Club by jason2010(m): 10:28am On Sep 03, 2011
Mods help me move this to where it belongs, I no get the time to figure it out.

So, yesterday @ about 10;30pm, I decided to go kick it with my homie at a club called Heavens in Festac. We parked, got down from my car and started walking towards the club entrance. As we walked, we noticed a 2011 BMW X6 SUV that was being tailgated by an Xterra SUV at high speed immediately screeching to a halt. As the cars stopped, the BMW driver bursts out of the car and dashes into the club. There were three occupants of the Xterra. One of them, chased after the BMW driver with what appeared to be an AK 47, and another occupant also with an AK 47 just stood outside, while there was a driver that just sat in the SUV. In less than 5 minute after all that, the gun man that went inside the club came back out, and all hell broke loose. Gunshots, I heard over 30 gunshot (yes in Festac,), and I and every body else (including some of the bouncers) were hiding behind parked cars on that street (less than 100 feet away from the gun men). After all the gunshot, that lasted for like about 5 minutes, they just droved off at high speed.

Once we figured that it was now safe to come out, as usual, folks started asking what all that was all about. We got to learn that the driver of the BMW X6 actually owns the club, and the dudes were out to kidnap him. He was actually smooth, because he immediately disappeared and blended into the crowd once he ran into the club. That made it impossible for the gunman to catch him. We guessed that that infuriated that gunmen and they just became trigger happy and started shooting. NLs, my question is, why would somebody drive such a car (X6 2011 BMW) in Festac?

The funny part of the story is that 20 minutes after, about 8 members of the NPF shows up and just stated going crazing, and yelling “lock the gate, lock the gate, nobody moves, those gun men are still inside that club”. Meanwhile the gun men broke out 20 minutes ago. It was just waaaay to hysterical, I am still laughing as I type. Anyway, we still took our chances and went inside the club. Lol, business as usual like ain’t noting happened. If that was in the USA, the club would be shut down and all kinds of police squad cars would be there. Nobody shoots 30 rounds sporadically in the USA anyway. Moving forward, one of the bounces tells me that the gun man grabbed him and yelled at him to point out the owner, but he pleaded with the gun man that the club is too damn dark and crowded for him to do that.

Anyway, folks, I dey beg una, I know that we 9grians would always like to show off, and let the whole world know that we have arrived. If that club owner was driving a lower level SUV, like the 4runner that I drive, and kept a low profile, maybe his life wouldn’t be at stake. My people all that flossing ain’t worth it oh. Meanwhile my homie from Chicago, has vowed not to come back to 9ja once he goes back on Monday.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by velo10: 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2011
Wow, hope nobody died.

1 Like

Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by Biggoozz: 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2011
@ Jason 2010, tell me, if you saw the xterra suv, is it the 03/04 (round shaped headlamp), black with heavy front metal iron protector @ d bumper? If u saw a car that fits this description, I may have seen the gang yesterday evening.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by idupaul: 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2011
Are U sure this was even a kidnap attempt , Seems those dude were out to execute the club owner , cos one gun man won't rush into the club to effect a kidnap in rowdy environment with lots of drunks with dutch courage
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by ajirebi20: 6:22pm On Sep 03, 2011
@OP, why cant you just mind your business.

Anyway, we know how to get to people like you. Be afraid 'cos we are now after you, Mr. Jason.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2011
That place is a volient town thats wy poperty prices are crashing there .
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by dabrake(m): 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2011
jason2010:

So, yesterday @ about 10;30pm,  I decided to go kick it with my homie at a club called Heavens in Festac. We parked, got down from my car and started walking towards the club entrance. As we walked, we noticed a 2011 BMW X6 SUV that was being tailgated by an Xterra SUV at high speed immediately screeching to a halt. As the cars stopped, the BMW driver bursts out of the car and dashes into the club. There were three occupants of the Xterra. One of them, chased after the BMW driver with what appeared to be an AK 47, and another occupant also with an AK 47 just stood outside, while there was a driver that just sat in the SUV. In less than 5 minute after all that, the gun man that went inside the club came back out, and all hell broke loose. Gunshots, I heard over 30 gunshot (yes in Festac,), and I and every body else (including some of the bouncers) were hiding behind parked cars on that street (less than 100 feet away from the gun men). After all the gunshot, that lasted for like about 5 minutes, they just droved off at high speed.

Once we figured that it was now safe to come out, as usual, folks started asking what all that was all about. We got to learn that the driver of the BMW X6 actually owns the club, and the dudes were out to kidnap him. He was actually smooth, because he immediately disappeared and blended into the crowd once he ran into the club. That made it impossible for the gunman to catch him. We guessed that that infuriated that gunmen and they just became trigger happy and started shooting. NLs, my question is, why would somebody drive such a car (X6 2011 BMW) in Festac?

The funny part of the story is that 20 minutes after, about 8 members of the NPF shows up and just stated going crazing, and yelling “lock the gate, lock the gate, nobody moves, those gun men are still inside that club”. Meanwhile the gun men broke out 20 minutes ago. It was just waaaay to hysterical, I am still laughing as I type. Anyway, we still took our chances and went inside the club. Lol, business as usual like ain’t noting happened. If that was in the USA, the club would be shut down and all kinds of police squad cars would be there. Nobody shoots 30 rounds sporadically in the USA anyway. Moving forward, one of the bounces tells me that the gun man grabbed him and yelled at him to point out the owner, but he pleaded with the gun man that the club is too damn dark and crowded for him to do that.

Anyway, folks, I dey beg una,  I know that we 9grians would always like to show off, and let the whole world know that we have arrived. If that club owner was driving a lower level SUV, like the 4runner that I drive, and kept a low profile, maybe his life wouldn’t be at stake.  My people all that flossing ain’t worth it oh. Meanwhile my homie from Chicago, has vowed not to come back to 9ja once he goes back on Monday.

na wah oh. @poster, make im no drive wetin im like?
ajirebi20:

try solving some arithmetics. it, sure, will keep u bizzy

Anyway, we know how to get to people like you. Be afraid 'cos we are now after you, Mr. Jason.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by jason2010(m): 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2011
Biggoozz:

@ Jason 2010, tell me, if you saw the xterra suv, is it the 03/04 (round shaped headlamp), black with heavy front metal iron protector @ d bumper? If u saw a car that fits this description, I may have seen the gang yesterday evening.

In all honesty, I was waaay too petrified to even see what model it was. But this much I know, it was definitely a black or dark grey Xterra.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by 195(f): 6:35pm On Sep 03, 2011
smh - Nigerians and cars undecided
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by onyengbu: 6:37pm On Sep 03, 2011
Op,
after tellin us u have a 4runner, what else do u have to tel us.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by jason2010(m): 6:38pm On Sep 03, 2011
ajirebi20:

Is that supposed to be a threat? I mean, am I supposed to be scared. Negro please, you ain't nothing but a wuss. The real gangstars do not even warn or threaten you before they come for ya. Go get a pacifyer or watch catoon or something, you are just childish

1 Like

Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by ajirebi20: 6:40pm On Sep 03, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

Op,
after tellin us u have a 4runner, what else do u have to tel us.

That he has friends in the windy city, living in the worst ghetto in America

jason2010:

Is that supposed to be a threat? I mean, am I supposed to be scared. Negro please, you ain't nothing but a wuss. The real gangstars do not even warn or threaten you before they come for ya. Go get a pacifyer or watch catoon or something, you are just childish

Okay. We shall see

Like I said be afraid okay.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by Exponental(m): 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2011
The car he drives does nt really matter, drive a regular benz, if u appear 2 be a client, they come 4 u!

Btw, its 1 of d security lapses we face in ds country of ours.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by Smilenw(f): 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2011
ajirebi20:

That he has friends in the windy city, living in the worst ghetto in America

Okay. We shall see

Like I said be afraid okay.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by White007(m): 7:01pm On Sep 03, 2011
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by White007(m): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2011
Gosh! @op-Thank God you are safe.

After the random Shooting, anyone could have been it by stray bullet.

This Kidnapping business has gotten to a new dimension, they are ruthless and becoming daring. SMH.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by okadaman2: 7:12pm On Sep 03, 2011
I think this thread should be about the crime and not the cars  undecided

Glad you are alive OP.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by Lax75(m): 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2011
White007:

Gosh! @op-Thank God you are safe.

After the random Shooting, anyone could have been it by stray bullet.

This Kidnapping business has gotten to a new dimension, they are ruthless and becoming daring. SMH.

I get hit by stray bullets all the time on Nairaland while just minding my business strolling into threads that end up being war zones.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by boyt1: 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2011
@Poster, you're really funny. Don't you know that the dude with the X6 SUV has some qualms to settle with those guys.
which one be kidnapping, forget it. Last week some guys tailed a dude from AMSTERDAM to Ikeja to eliminate him cos Drug runs, fortunately  they settled.
Moreover, your guy from  ghetto Chicago must have seen worst incidents in Yankee on a daily basis. i live in LA, Cali.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by Rastamann: 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2011
It was not the guys car that attracted them. Recently, kidnappers have beem on the prowl of club owners and so the guy was just lucky to have escaped. If the guys car was not exotic, maybe the kidnappers would have be able to overtake him and block his car but thanks to the car that accelerated his escape into his club.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by pheesayor(m): 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2011
I've been living in festac since '88 as a kid, over the years D'Heavens night club has become the most popular club in festac, followed by newly opened MASTOID, always filled to the brim so the owner can drive whatever he likes, d money dey.

As for the attempt, it can never be kidnap, it most likely has to be attempted assassination.
olas2u:

That place is a volient town thats wy poperty prices are crashing there .
And about property rates dropping in festac, check with your agents cos thats exactly the oppiste and also festac town is one of the safest places in Lagos. Ask around
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by Wislet(f): 7:43pm On Sep 03, 2011
ajirebi20:

Is that supposed to be ur idea of a joke? Or u're one of them? When important things re bein discussed, that's when u'll see levels of silliness.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by harakiri(m): 7:44pm On Sep 03, 2011
jason2010:

So, yesterday @ about 10;30pm,  I decided to go kick it with my homie at a club called Heavens in Festac. We parked, got down from my car and started walking towards the club entrance. As we walked, we noticed a 2011 BMW X6 SUV that was being tailgated by an Xterra SUV at high speed immediately screeching to a halt. As the cars stopped, the BMW driver bursts out of the car and dashes into the club. There were three occupants of the Xterra. One of them, chased after the BMW driver with what appeared to be an AK 47, and another occupant also with an AK 47 just stood outside, while there was a driver that just sat in the SUV. In less than 5 minute after all that, the gun man that went inside the club came back out, and all hell broke loose. Gunshots, I heard over 30 gunshot (yes in Festac,), and I and every body else (including some of the bouncers) were hiding behind parked cars on that street (less than 100 feet away from the gun men). After all the gunshot, that lasted for like about 5 minutes, they just droved off at high speed.

Anyway, folks, I dey beg una,  I know that we 9grians would always like to show off, and let the whole world know that we have arrived. If that club owner was driving a lower level SUV, like the 4runner that I drive, and kept a low profile, maybe his life wouldn’t be at stake.  My people all that flossing ain’t worth it oh. Meanwhile my homie from Chicago, has vowed not to come back to 9ja once he goes back on Monday.

Everything the poster said makes sense except the bold reddened above.

@Poster

First of all, I'm glad you are alive. Stuff like that happens man and the lapse of security in the country isn't helping matters at all. What's heavens night club like these days? I was there in December last year.

Secondly, whether the victim drove a BMW X6 or not is totally NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! You are the one accusing Nigerians of flossing too much and you are the same person that just advertised your Toyota 4runner so that we know you own an SUV (Do you see the hypocrisy?). Look, I'm not bothered about that but what you should have focused on was the insecurity in the country and not who's enjoying their money in the short space of time we all have on earth. Go to Abuja or VI and you'll see Bentley,Porsche and Maserati en-masse. You drive an SUV but do you know that there are people who look at you as someone who wasted money buying a "jeep" whereas you could have bought a 1996 model Honda accord? Same way the owner of the BMW X6 will look at the person who bought a Bentley or Maybach as a "money miss road" and same way the Maybach owner will look at the person who bought a Bugatti Veyron as a dummy. Learn to mind your own business abeg and keep your envy to yourself (Coz that's what your post reeks off). If you had the money, you would not only buy an X6 but also an SLS Mercedes AMG to go with it. Wetin sef?

Furthermore, it doesn't matter what you drive or how you floss. If kidnappers feel they can squeeze something from you, they will do it. A colleague of mine has had his in-law (a middle aged man) kidnapped since February this year. This victim drives a battered 1999 Camry and lives with his wife and 3 children in a flat! ! ! They asked for N5million. Till date, no one has heard from the kidnappers and we are already assuming he's dead. Another example is the popular actor (Peter Edochie) who drives a similar SUV as you do and he was kidnapped randomly when the criminals couldn't get their victim. They just assumed that anyone driving a "jeep" would have some change by the side.

Abeg, dey apply brain when you dey yan.

Nuff said! ! !
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by hbrednic: 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2011
OP,may be we should all be using okada tongue tongue
anyway thank God nobody was hurt.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by Lax75(m): 8:02pm On Sep 03, 2011
harakiri:

Everything the poster said makes sense except the bold reddened above.

@Poster

First of all, I'm glad you are alive. Stuff like that happens man and the lapse of security in the country isn't helping matters at all. What's heavens night club like these days? I was there in December last year.

Secondly, whether the victim drove a BMW X6 or not is totally NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! You are the one accusing Nigerians of flossing too much and you are the same person that just advertised your Toyota 4runner so that we know you own an SUV (Do you see the hypocrisy?). Look, I'm not bothered about that but what you should have focused on was the insecurity in the country and not who's enjoying their money in the short space of time we all have on earth. Go to Abuja or VI and you'll see Bentley,Porsche and Maserati en-masse. You drive an SUV but do you know that there are people who look at you as someone who wasted money buying a "jeep" whereas you could have bought a 1996 model Honda accord? Same way the owner of the BMW X6 will look at the person who bought a Bentley or Maybach as a "money miss road" and same way the Maybach owner will look at the person who bought a Bugatti Veyron as a dummy. Learn to mind your own business abeg and keep your envy to yourself (Coz that's what your post reeks off). If you had the money, you would not only buy an X6 but also an SLS Mercedes AMG to go with it. Wetin sef?

Furthermore, it doesn't matter what you drive or how you floss. If kidnappers feel they can squeeze something from you, they will do it. A colleague of mine has had his in-law (a middle aged man) kidnapped since February this year. This victim drives a battered 1999 Camry and lives with his wife and 3 children in a flat! ! ! They asked for N5million. Till date, no one has heard from the kidnappers and we are already assuming he's dead. Another example is the popular actor (Peter Edochie) who drives a similar SUV as you do and he was kidnapped randomly when the criminals couldn't get their victim. They just assumed that anyone driving a "jeep" would have some change by the side.

Abeg, dey apply brain when you dey yan.

Nuff said! ! !

Are you serious? Na wa ooo. I didn't know this whole kidnapping thing was so out-of-hand in Naija. You are right though, once they are out to get you, they are out to get you. Regardless of whether you drive a 2011 BMW X6, or "leg-edez benz."
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by friedrice1: 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2011
This must be Boko Haram. GEJ over to you.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by harakiri(m): 8:10pm On Sep 03, 2011
Lax75:

Are you serious? Na wa ooo. I didn't know this whole kidnapping thing was so out-of-hand in Naija. You are right though, once they are out to get you, they are out to get you. Regardless of whether you drive a 2011 BMW X6, or "leg-edez benz."

I'm dead serious ooo. Family members and friends (including myself) managed to raise a little over a million for the matter. The thing is, the kidnappers expressly told the wife not to involve the police. Well, it turns out she did and when the "delivery" was being made, the police came out of their hiding spots and succeeded in apprehending one of them who came to collect the "package". Well, that's the last we heard of them. The rest is best imagined.

***voice mail***
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by Nymphnode(m): 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2011
How I wish not to have read this post o, now I dey fear to drive/ride my Bajaj motorbike commot. I need to go get escort be dat o
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by bossinie: 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2011
@Poster Thank God for you and your friend's life can't imagine the trauma you went through while the unfortunate action lasted.Do not mind guys who have issues with their inferiority complexes,so quick to freak-out at the slight mention of their materialistic fantasies by someone else who obviously enjoys and owns them.Very sad and shameful that some dude can exhibit such retrogressive mindset.However,that you had time to still grove that night in same club surprised me a bit.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by Lax75(m): 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2011
harakiri:

I'm dead serious ooo. Family members and friends (including myself) managed to raise a little over a million for the matter. The thing is, the kidnappers expressly told the wife not to involve the police. Well, it turns out she did and when the "delivery" was being made, the police came out of their hiding spots and succeeded in apprehending one of them who came to collect the "package". Well, that's the last we heard of them. The rest is best imagined.

***voice mail***

Guy, I'm sorry to hear this. I keep trying to analyze how to steer clear of such situations when I move back. Nigeria is really becoming something else. It is obvious that this club owner the poster was talking about was an assassination target, not a mere kidnapping target. How about the armed robbery issue back home? How are things with that? Especially in Lagos.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2011
@ poster
seems u and your Chicago dude are so damn broke or love to live cheap. Why would you want to catch your trips in a D-list club like Heaven, Festac. Una no see beta club 4 Island? Penny wise, pound foolish. Lmao!!!!!!!!
My two cents.
Re: Gun Violence At A Festac Club by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 03, 2011
@ poster
seems u and your Chicago dude are so damn broke or love to live cheap. Why would you want to catch your trips in a D-list club like Heaven, Festac. Una no see beta club 4 Island? Penny wise, pound foolish. Lmao!!!!!!!!
My two cents.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open / Police Arrest Man Who Sold 17-month Old Baby For N200k / Police Arrest 10 Traffic Robbers In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.