Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election (1255 Views)

Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race / Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal / PDP Cannot Win 2023 Presidential With Uche Secondus As The Party Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by axponline: 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2023
The electoral law says a candidate must score at least 25% of the vote in at least 24[ out of 36 states. Peter Obi is likely to get 25% in only 17 states. My analysis. Please add yours if you disagree.

States where he cannot get 25%
oyo
niger
bauchi
borno
ondo
ekiti
yobe
gombe
kwara
jigawa
ogun
kaduna
osun
kano
sokoto
katsina
zamfara
kebbi
kogi
Total 19

States where he can get 25% and above
rivers
imo
edo
adamawa
nasarawa
akwa ibom
abia
anambra
enugu
bayelsa
lagos
benue
plateau
cross river
taraba
delta
ebonyi
Total 17
Grand Total 36

He is 7 states short. How can he make it up. It will be a huge task.

2 Likes

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by PureMe01: 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
Rerun is instant win for Obi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by dustmalik: 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2023
PureMe01:
Rerun is instant win for Obi
It will never go to re-run. The two major candidates will attain the necessary spread. Obi will not

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by Plus10(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2023
Where is FCT in your analysis?Anyway, Obi will get 25% in all SW states Kaduna and Kogi.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by Plus10(m): 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2023
Apart from geographical spread,the winner must also secure the highest numbers of vote.Both conditions must be fulfilled.

2 Likes

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by axponline: 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2023
Ok. lets add FCT and give it to Obi. He is still 6 states short. I don't agree with the poster who said he can get 25% in all SW states. He is only known in mainly the SW state capitals. Take Oyo state for instance, outside of Ibadan, where can he get any votes. I think only Lagos is in play for him in the SW.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by 9jii(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2023
Forget any analysis Just having a common sense will tell you Obi will not win.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by axponline: 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2023
Plus10:
Apart from geographical spread,the winner must also secure the highest numbers of vote.Both conditions must be fulfilled.

Yes oh. And by not scoring well in the high population states like Kano & Katsina, it becomes very difficult to see how he can get the highest number of votes.

When I see posts that say Peter Obi will win hands down, I scratch my head and wonder how it will happen.

4 Likes

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by MadamExcellency: 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2023
E don do? We don hear.

The next thing is that one of the partisan Moderators will send this nonsense to frontage

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by PureMe01: 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2023
dustmalik:

It will never go to re-run. The two major candidates will attain the necessary spread. Obi will not

INEC chairman,I hear you grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by axponline: 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2023
MadamExcellency:
E don do? We don hear.

The next thing is that one of the partisan Moderators will send this nonsense to frontage

Sorry, no vex. I don shut up.

1 Like

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by philcz(m): 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2023
It’s not far again, let’s wait and see
Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by Plus10(m): 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2023
dustmalik:

This is not geographical spread only, INEC consider the candidate with the highest number of votes, and the candidate with geographical spread.These are the two candidates that are qualify for a rerun.
Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by after4: 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2023
"From he has no structure" now "he can win 17 remaining 7"

You go dey alright las las

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by nameo: 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2023
axponline:

Yes oh. And by not scoring well in the high population states like Kano & Katsina, it becomes very difficult to see how he can get the highest number of votes.

When I see posts that say Peter Obi will win hands down, I scratch my head and wonder how it will happen.

Northern votes, esp NW and NE will be shared heavily by at least 3 candidates. The net effect will not be significant for any candidate.

Moreover, lets see how some of these states will manufacture the "usual" high figures when BVAS is used this time around (no incidence forms etc).

February is next month

2 Likes

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by axponline: 3:35pm On Jan 04, 2023
after4:

I did not say he can win 17. I said he can get 25% or more in 17 states.

3 Likes

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by Obaofaba: 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2023
axponline:
The electoral law says a candidate must score at least 25% of the vote in at least 24[ out of 36 states. Peter Obi is likely to get 25% in only 17 states. My analysis. Please add yours if you disagree.

oyo
niger
bauchi
borno
ondo
ekiti
yobe
gombe
kwara
jigawa
ogun
kaduna
osun
kano
sokoto
katsina
zamfara
kebbi
kogi
Total 19

rivers
imo
edo
adamawa
nasarawa
akwa ibom
abia
anambra
enugu
bayelsa
lagos
benue
plateau
cross river
taraba
delta
ebonyi
Total 17
Grand Total 36

Very fair with your analysis.

He can't even get the highest number of votes cast talk more of the spread.

He knows and we know too that he won't win.

Jagaban is coming

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by Obaofaba: 3:37pm On Jan 04, 2023
nameo:

Northern votes, esp NW and NE will be shared heavily by at least 3 candidates. The net effect will not be significant for any candidate.

Moreover, lets see how some of these states will manufacture the "usual" high figures when BVAS is used this time around (no incidence forms etc).

February is next month

Manufacture figure you say?

Go and check the total number of votes in osun state and kindly compare it to the last state election.

That's your reply.

1 Like

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by Nightwolf1: 3:40pm On Jan 04, 2023
Obaofaba:

Very fair with your analysis.

He can't even get the highest number of votes cast talk more of the spread.

He knows and we know too that he won't win.

Jagaban is coming

You mean the cocaine addict is coming, he isn't done licking a microphone yet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by Plus10(m): 3:40pm On Jan 04, 2023
axponline:

Unlike 2015 and 2019 elections,the 3ks states will be shared by apc,pdp,nnpp and partly LP.Don't expect any block votes from those states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by BlazinGlory40: 3:43pm On Jan 04, 2023
axponline:

If he won’t win, why you Dey open thread to discuss the topic?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by 9jii(m): 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
after4:

Ol0do who said he's wining 17 states?
Go back and read what the op said

3 Likes

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by sreamsense: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2023
You are fair with your analysis, but obi can't get 25% in Lagos. Do you know what 25% means? PDP will even do better than LP because existing structure of PDP. Many Igbos who will stay in Lagos to cast vote will vote for Tinubu especially those that have benefitted directly and indirectly through APC elected Igbo leaders.

Many Igbos will travel back to their villages to vote and majority of those igbos that remain will actually vote for Tinubu. Many Igbo leaders under APC or benefited from Tinubu are already working on that underground as it used to be on every election year in Lagos. Obi can't win Taraba either.

It is just noise to say obi will win Benue, with all the support obi is getting from Benue, he can only get 25%, he can't win it because APC candidate in that state is well loved. Wait for Tinubu to do his own campaign in Benue if you will not be laughing at that of obi. Outside south east, obi can't win; PDP will either win or APC, obi can only get 25% in strong places you put as win for obi outside south east

2 Likes

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by Meagainstthem: 4:33pm On Jan 04, 2023
Plus10:
Where is FCT in your analysis?Anyway, Obi will get 25% in all SW states Kaduna and Kogi.

Your brain dey leak,nah your father go vote for Pandora criminal in Ogun stategrin

2 Likes

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by Meagainstthem: 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2023
axponline:
Ok. lets add FCT and give it to Obi. He is still 6 states short. I don't agree with the poster who said he can get 25% in all SW states. He is only known in mainly the SW state capitals. Take Oyo state for instance, outside of Ibadan, where can he get any votes. I think only Lagos is in play for him in the SW.

Can he even get 25% of Abeokuta South local government vote,note that Abeokuta South doesn't have any Village at all.

1 Like

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by Rapuru14: 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2023
Indeed many are mad, only few are roaming!

But Nairaland hosts many of them

Mark this: "NOTHING WILL STOP OBI FROM WINNING; MASSIVELY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by techWriter3: 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2023
"From he been no edifice" now "he can win 17 remaining 7"You go dey alright las las

So, Check my profile if you need help with your dissertation, assignment, statement of purpose, thesis, or personal statement.
Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by Workch: 6:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
axponline:

oyo
niger
bauchi
borno
ondo
ekiti
yobe
gombe
kwara
jigawa
ogun
kaduna
osun
kano
sokoto
katsina
zamfara
kebbi
kogi
Total 19

rivers
imo
edo
adamawa
nasarawa
akwa ibom
abia
anambra
enugu
bayelsa
lagos
benue
plateau
cross river
taraba
delta
ebonyi
Total 17
Grand Total 36

no candidate can get 25% in 24% state. Everyone is waiting for rerun

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by Workch: 6:16pm On Jan 04, 2023
dustmalik:

are you drunk? How?
List the states where Tinubu and Atiku can get 25% realistically

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by richidinho(m): 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2023
He will get 25% in
Kaduna
Oyo
Gombe
Ogun
Ekiti
Bauchi
FcT

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by technicallyrich(m): 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2023
Reverse the question,can the kriminal theifnybu get 25 percent in 34 state.first he won't get even 10 percent in all ss/se state.
Re: Analysis.. Why Peter Obi Cannot Win The Election by Ruggedniggaone: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2023
Rapuru14:
Indeed many are mad, only few are roaming!

But Nairaland hosts many of them

Mark this: "NOTHING WILL STOP OBI FROM WINNING; MASSIVELY
you just display the symptoms of madness with this nonsense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Obi Jos Campaign Was A Failure, Nothing Like 360 Degree View / Bola Tinubu Crowd In Anambra Is Ten Times Bigger Than Obi / I Duff My Hat For Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.