Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,598 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele (17553 Views)

EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: 2022 World Cup Qualifier: (2 - 1) On Sept 7 2021 / Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by EnglandAmaka(f): 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2023
tongue
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2023
kestolove95:
Make Nigeria no try rubbish name any stadium after Pele oo... We go name our own after okocha, kanu or oliseh if dem die

Thank you jare.

When I read Infantino's comment, I just shook my head.

Let Brazil, his homeland rename all their monuments after Pele.

Wetin concern other countries with Pele?

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Eriggs: 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2023
Faber:
don dump Tinubu and is now supporting the late Pele, which means the late Pele stands a chance to win elections than a living Tinubu...nawa o, very sad indeed. Anyways what Cape verde did is understandable cos they share the same Portuguese heritage with Brazil and are Brazil's neighbours on the Atlantic Ocean. Vote Peter Obi, before them carry our stadium dash foreigner that never played any role in our national life.
How body dey do you and your ipob brothers wen u see dem MANNA Ignore you derailers, e dey pain u well well abi grin grin
Attention seeker always ignore by aunty MANNA dem.

Up Pele. Up Manna
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2023
Mrpojj:

I talk am say na Africa go start am

When I saw the heading of the thread, I wasn't surprised. I read that Cape Verde feel attached to their Portuguese speaking counterparts.
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2023
1st country to be Obidient to FIFA.
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by ahamonyeka(m): 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2023
They have tried.

To me messi is far better than pele cos you cant compare football of those day to todays football. Look at his documentary and that of messi you will that nessi is the GOAT
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Neimar: 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2023
Make them nor rename any rubbish for naija
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by juman(m): 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2023
Wow.
Nice.
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Maobichek: 6:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
WibusJaga:

Issorite.

Dead Goat = Pele
Living Goat = Messi

I'm grateful that you know the meaning of "GOAT" in this context; it's only one and not more than one. Pele is the GOAT.

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by AreaFada2: 6:52pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kajaard:

I suggest the Ogbe Stadium in Benin city, Edo State should be renamed because that was the stadium Pele played in when he visited Nigeria.
It is already named after Samuel Ogbemudia.

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Denoh68: 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
Okealaaye:
Wetin konsain agbero wit overload? Cape Verde get 25,000-seated stadium! That's about the size of Eyimba Stadium for Aba. Na for de place Eboes fest learn Nsogbu Nsogbu politics dem! Naughty Igbos wey wan rule the Zoo wit 5 percentage voters. Dat na de size of one family compound for Gerin Alimi in Ilorin, Kwara state, in case you didn't know.
WHEN ONES BRAIN IS FILLED WITH CHEAP OSHOGBO WEED. TUFIAKWA
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Konquest: 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2023
post=119710360:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/64166437
That's awesome! Edson Arantes do Nascimento, from Santos, Brazil in the sands of time.
The "Orisha" [i.e., deity] of samba-based soccer.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by rickleye: 7:01pm On Jan 04, 2023
post=119710562:
We can start by Renaming one of the stadiums around the country Pele Stadium,
But definitely not our National Stadium.

And we think MARACANA STADIUM in Brazil should be named after Pele also,
Charity begins at home...... we think!

Yeah!
Nice one.
Thanks for reminding us that Kaja.
SECONDED.

All of us @MANNA will personally write to the Edo State Government to look into that,
(With the very good and tangible reason you stated)
It will be a huge honor to Pele.

Don't worry about Brazil - They will rename streets, write songs and buildings for the man.
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Konquest: 7:01pm On Jan 04, 2023
Sweetplum:
1st country to be Obidient to FIFA.
You meant to type "OBEDIENT" NOT obidient. wink
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Mrpojj(m): 7:09pm On Jan 04, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

When I saw the heading of the thread, I wasn't surprised. I read that Cape Verde feel attached to their Portuguese speaking counterparts.
When fifa president ask countries to name their stadium after Pele, I know Africa go first start
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by WibusJaga: 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2023
Maobichek:

I'm grateful that you know the meaning of "GOAT" in this context; it's only one and not more than one. Pele is the GOAT.

If you consider Pele as GOAT, he is dead now (Dead Goat).
Many people also consider Messi as GOAT, & he is alive (Living Goat). cheesy
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by thesicilian: 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2023
FIFA should build a stadium in every country and name them after Pele. Nonsense
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by OfficialP: 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2023
SlavaUkraini:
Death saw Buhari and Thïefnubu

and instead took Pele away.....

So unfair

Mr Balablu bulaba must die this year

Am glad nobody goes by that name, Btw don't make enemies just because of politics, none of these contestants knows you exist.

Let's be guided.
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by charlesdinho7(m): 7:54pm On Jan 04, 2023
no football player can be love and respected like PELE. HE IS LOVED BY EVERYONE
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2023
Denoh68:
WHEN ONES BRAIN IS FILLED WITH CHEAP OSHOGBO WEED. TUFIAKWA

E pain am.

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by SlavaUkraini: 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2023
OfficialP:

Am glad nobody goes by that name, Btw don't make enemies just because of politics, none of these contestants knows you exist.

Let's be guided.

Shut up and be guided...

You know who goes by that name ..... Mr Bulabo Balablu

He is the Grand Architect of our National problems and he is a threat to your very existence...

His Political gamble since 2015 has ensured that your ₦780, 000 from our common wealth

is in the pocket of corrupt political appointees and elected officials under this Buhari's disastrous government...

He does not deserve to be alive talkless of running for the No 1 seat in the Land...

He is A Liar.... A Crook.... A Murderer.... A Betrayal.... The Grim Reaper of Lagos State Treasury

And has been fingered for death even by the very Northerners that he is counting on to support his selfish ambition...

They wish him dead in less than 1 year in office, "if" he is mistakenly elected as president

So it is better for him to die now,

so that the Boko Haram Founder and Sympathizer he chose as VP candidate will not come near the Presidency

Be guided

Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Denoh68: 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2023
Okealaaye:

E pain am.
I HEAR YOU, E PAIN ME, BUT ME AND YOU DEY BUY PETROL AT 400 NAIRA PER LITRE, RICE 40,000 PER BAG. WEYDONE
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Mcbayo(m): 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2023
Icon of football : You came you saw and you conquered. Rest on great PELE
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by phemmyfour: 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
post=119710369:
In sequel to the below thread last week.

https://www.nairaland.com/7506936/infantino-requests-countries-name-stadium#119646646

Very Nice Development.......
RIP LEGEND.
REST ON.
Fifa is biased. When Maradona died , fifa didn't advice countries to name stadium after him
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by GistFullGround: 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2023
[quote author=Kajaard post=119710580]

I suggest the Ogbe Stadium in Benin city, Edo State should be renamed because that was the stadium Pele played in when he visited Nigeria.[/mama's!

Ogbe stadium ko, Adamasingba ni. Your head no correct!
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by naijapikin2(m): 11:00pm On Jan 04, 2023
Excuse me:

Doesn't "pele" mean sorry in yoruba

Just asking o undecided undecided undecided
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Napata77: 12:13am On Jan 05, 2023
chatinent:
He deserves it.

A goal machine indeed.

A combination of CR7 and Messi.

EXACTLY. THAT IS PELE.
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Napata77: 12:20am On Jan 05, 2023
naijapikin2:
Excuse me:

Doesn't "pele" mean sorry in yoruba

Just asking o undecided undecided undecided

Yes. It means sorry to all the defenders he made look like idiots.

See video below at 1:55

Two windows in a row!

How will those defenders explain to their grandchildren what Pele did to them there?

So that's why he's called Pele. It means sorry. undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJapgcfMIpI&ab_channel=FUNSPORTTIME

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by Napata77: 12:30am On Jan 05, 2023
kestolove95:
Make Nigeria no try rubbish name any stadium after Pele oo... We go name our own after okocha, kanu or oliseh if dem die

No. Pele is a son of Africa, and is quite possibly descended from Nigerians. He visited Nigeria over 5 times, and was a real friend of Nigeria. At the 2000 AFCON which Nigeria hosted, Pele sat among VIPs watching several games at the National Stadium Surulere Lagos. Pele is a friend of Nigeria, and as the biggest black nation on Earth, Nigeria must honour its great departed friend, the King of Football, Pele.

Pele was a great friend of the Super Eagles.

Pele poses with the Super Eagles in 1977 in Lagos. His hands are over legends Felix Owolabi (Owo blow) to the left, and Muda Lawal to the right. Other legends in that picture include the great Adokiye Amaesiamaka and legendary goalkeeper Emmanuel Okala

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by observanc1: 12:34am On Jan 05, 2023
Okealaaye:
Wetin konsain agbero wit overload? Cape Verde get 25,000-seated stadium! That's about the size of Eyimba Stadium for Aba. Na for de place Eboes fest learn Nsogbu Nsogbu politics dem! Naughty Igbos wey wan rule the Zoo wit 5 percentage voters. Dat na de size of one family compound for Gerin Alimi in Ilorin, Kwara state, in case you didn't know.
a conquered slave praising the name of his conqueror
Re: Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele by FiremanX: 5:05am On Jan 05, 2023
Kajaard:

I suggest the Ogbe Stadium in Benin city, Edo State should be renamed because that was the stadium Pele played in when he visited Nigeria.
And they should reconstruct the stadium also

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

28 Players Invited To Flying Eagles Camp [full List] / 5 Reasons Why Nigeria Must Win Against Cameroon / Bringing C. Ronaldo Back Was The Wrong Decision- Ex-man United Boss Solskjaer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.