Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,356 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Funke Akindele’s "Battle On Buka Street" Overtakes James Cameron's "Avatar 2 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funke Akindele’s "Battle On Buka Street" Overtakes James Cameron's "Avatar 2 (836 Views)

Where Can I Download "Battle-on-buka-street"?(pix) / Battle On The Buka Street / Battle On Buka Street By Funke Akindele- Bello: Can It Beat Omo Ghetto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funke Akindele’s "Battle On Buka Street" Overtakes James Cameron's "Avatar 2 by IbileIfe: 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2023
Funke Akindele’s "Battle on Buka Street" Overtakes James Cameron's "Avatar: The Way of Water" in Top 20 Movies in Nigeria

The current box office report from the Cinema Exhibitors Association of Nigeria (CEAN) for the top 20 movies in Nigeria shows the Nollywood comedy, Funke Akindele’s "Battle on Buka Street" at the #1 position with N252, 625, 736 from 93, 223 admissions followed by James Cameron's "Avatar: The Way of Water" at the #2 position with N222, 372, 805 from 73, 449 admissions.

"The Battle on Buka Street" grossed more than N135 million on the first day of the opening weekend, the biggest single day for a Nollywood film in 2022.

"Battle on Buka Street" is a 2022 Nigerian comedy drama film directed by Funke Akindele and Tobi Makinde. The film is jointly produced as a collaboration between Funke Ayotunde Akindele Network (FAAN) and FilmOne Entertainment.The film had its theatrical release on 16 December 2022

Synopsis:
Half sisters, YEJIDE and AWELE are rival mama put sellers who are not strangers to competing; they were born a minute apart to different women and married to different men on the same day . To them, there is a silent competition where one woman must out do the other, but when a set of coordinated attacks on homes and shops in their community become frequent, these rival mama put sellers must come together and put their differences aside, proving that indeed blood triumphs over petty squabbles.

Starring
Funke Akindele
Mercy Johnson
Sola Sobowale
Tina Mba
Nkem Owoh
Femi Jacobs
Kelvin Ikeduba

Edited by Valentine Chukwuma

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Battle On Buka Street" Overtakes James Cameron's "Avatar 2 by EmmyCC: 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
I like the film's advert though I have not watched it.
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Battle On Buka Street" Overtakes James Cameron's "Avatar 2 by jaeyking(m): 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2023
IbileIfe:

Synopsis:
Half sisters, YEJIDE and AWELE are rival mama put sellers who are not strangers to competing; they were born a minute apart to different women and married to different men on the same day . To them, there is a silent competition where one woman must out do the other, but when a set of coordinated attacks on homes and shops in their community become frequent, these rival mama put sellers must come together and put their differences aside, proving that indeed blood triumphs over petty squabbles.

Half sisters but dem get different father and mother

I dont really understand this synopsis
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Battle On Buka Street" Overtakes James Cameron's "Avatar 2 by meobizy(f): 11:54am On Jan 05, 2023
I’ll watch it on Netflix. Let me spend my money on Avatar again.
Re: Funke Akindele’s "Battle On Buka Street" Overtakes James Cameron's "Avatar 2 by IbileIfe: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2023
meobizy:
I’ll watch it on Netflix. Let me spend my money on Avatar again.
Watching it on the big screen is best.
It is still attracting thousands of moviegoers.

"CATFISH Christmas" the only Christmas themed movie is still showing at the cinemas.

Re: Funke Akindele’s "Battle On Buka Street" Overtakes James Cameron's "Avatar 2 by Meprivy: 9:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
Starting a cinema business in Nigeria or anywhere across Africa can be a daunting task, with the costs associated with purchasing and maintaining equipment running into the thousands of dollars. However, with Viewmax Entertainment as your partner, the process has become easier and more affordable than ever before.

Viewmax Entertainment is an entertainment technology company that operates a network of partner cinemas across Africa. As your partner, Viewmax will provide you with access to premium movies, using their state-of-the-art equipment installed in your cinema to show the latest blockbusters and classic films.

Not only that, but Viewmax also offers an app that makes it easier for your customers to purchase tickets and find your cinema with ease. This means that your cinema will be accessible to a wider audience, driving more traffic and ultimately, more revenue.

Save yourself the huge cost of purchasing and maintaining cinema equipment that costs thousands of dollars. Instead, kick off your cinema business in just a couple of days with Viewmax Entertainment as your trusted partner.

Viewmax Entertainment is particularly interested in community cinemas located in areas where potential customers live, such as housing estates, schools, and residential communities. With a seating capacity of at least 50 seats and a maximum of 80 seats, you can be sure to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for your customers.

If you're considering starting a cinema business, don't go it alone. Partner with Viewmax Entertainment and get started on your journey towards running a successful cinema business today.

Visit viewmax.com.ng to get started.

(1) (Reply)

Download Hidden Strike / Spiderman 3 / Wheere The Hell Is Nollywood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.