Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 18 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 18 (109 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 18 by PastorSomba(m): 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 18

Matthew 5:17-18 (KJV) "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
Romans 10:4 (KJV) "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

18. Jesus fulfilled the law not for Himself but for all men. So when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour it means we died with Him, were buried with Him and resurrected with Him. Which means that every believer, in Christ fulfilled the law with Christ and in Christ and are risen with Him, justified with Him and in Him and have become the righteousness of God in Him. Therefore, we are qualified to receive all the promises and blessings of God in Christ Jesus. As believers we are born again, we are spirit being in the exact image and likeness of God, and we are sons of the love of God and this love of God has been shed abroad in our hearts. Since we are spirit beings and the love of God in Christ Jesus, we have fulfilled the law and no longer slaves or servants of the law.

When the purpose of a thing is fulfilled you don't go back to it again. The purpose of the law was not to save men through it, or to make men holy or righteous through it or a means of serving God or a divine standard of righteous and Holy living or how God demands all men to live. No. The law was not part of the promise of God to Abraham our father but an addition for the purpose of silencing all men who desire to be saved through the law or become holy or righteous through it or a means of serving God or a divine standard of righteous and Holy living or how God demands all men to live. The law proved that all men are liars only God is true. All through the bible apart from Jesus, God never expressed pleasure in anyone for keeping the law. No man was able to please God through the law.

But in the new testament we see numerous people across the bible that pleased God by faith. As a result, God's purpose of giving the law was fulfilled. The purpose of the law had to be fulfilled for the free gift of the grace of the promises and blessings of God to made freely available to all without the law but through faith. Faith is the only means we can access what Christ has done for us because it is not a physical thing but a spiritual thing. Faith like love is of the spirit. Faith works by love so it is only by faith that we can become the love of God and spirit beings like God. This faith is also a free gift from God because we get it not by keeping the law but by hearing the promises and blessings of God in Christ Jesus just as Abraham our father did without the law. God bless you. Romans 3:19-28; 5:1-2,5; 6:3-23; 7:1-25; 8:1-16; 10:1-5,17; John 1:12-13; 3:3-8,16-17; 5:45-46; 12:47; 1John 4:14; 2Corinthians 1:20; 5:21; Ephesians 1:3-14; 3:12; 1Corinthians 12:13; 15:22,45-46; Galatians 3:19-29; 5:6,16-25; Colossians 2:11-23; Hebrews 11:1-40; Genesis 15:5-6;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

The Fellowship That We Share Inside Jesus Christ Crucified / Sow Good Seeds Ahead / Only By Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.