Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) (49852 Views)

Mexico Returns Ancient Yoruba Bronze Sculpture To Nigeria / Emir Sanusi Returns From London, Welcomed In Style As He Arrives Kano / Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by Asswipemod: 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
ekhai:
Christianity is 2000 years old, Islam is 1500 years old. The world is more than one billion years old. Every Community has her way of life before the coming of these two religions. Why are you always considering you way as inferior to that of the foreigners. The problem we facing today is letting go our religion. If you ask an Igbo man to swear to their local deity before assuming Office, Yoruba man to ogun, all of them will maintain their allegiance. But they swore to Bible and Qur'an, how far have we fared? My brother don't neglect your own because you claiming holier than thou on Nairaland which I know you're not.

The same principalities and powers and gods that refused to rescue you from slavery and colonization. Worshipping pythons and monitors and fishes is bull crap. I repeat. Any tradition that doesn't work; any tradition that doesn't allows a better way of life should be jettisoned.

2 Likes

Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by Asswipemod: 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
Gohs:

So you know that python spirits control divination? grin

Yeah. Do you think I am wrong?
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by Asswipemod: 10:00pm On Jan 05, 2023
Fedrick100:

Keep ass licking white cultures
No wonder y’all worship white that don’t give af about you

The fastest way to plunge into primitiveness and obscurity is to revert to worshipping pythons and upholding crazy and dark traditions that put one in serious jeopardy. The benefits you derive from those dark, primordial spirits pales in comparison to what they demand from you in return.

2 Likes

Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by A001: 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2023
musicwriter:
Reverend of the snake is the oldest African spiritual system and it actually spread around the world in ancient time during the time of spirituality before religion. Through so many thousands of years of mything, it evolved to so many characters; including being called the savior, messiah, redeemer, which ended up in the bible as Satan (savior) but which white people blackmailed to create white Jesus.

Anybody in that community who has a clear picture of the man holding the snake should please assist me with the picture. Simply post here. I'll need it to feature in my upcoming book, please.

To get an idea of what I am talking about, go to www.africason.com and read the article that says: what is Satan? What is Lucifer? The biggest secret in the world
Looking forward to the book. Thanks a lot.
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by Thomthom(m): 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2023
tianshie:

What did the python eat to get so big? People, amirite?
People !! no no no no... No any record of death as a result of attack from that python
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by Optmus(m): 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
Chaos14:
See as them de hug fresh sweet meat

Their mama didn't warn them not to play with their food.

See as dem just dey play around with peppersoup
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by musicwriter(m): 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
A001:

Looking forward to the book. Thanks a lot.

Ok, my brother.
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by airsaylongcome: 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:

Nile monitors?

Yes the Nile Monitors
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by Bergavis: 12:30am On Jan 06, 2023
musicwriter:

Thanks for this input.

Believe it or not, that's where the myth of Moses dividing the red sea and letting the Israelites cross the river originated long time ago before Judaism. It turns out that this story had been in African folklore for millions (not thousands) of years and as ancient people migrated to different parts of the world, the story got better and better.

The snake that let your ancestors cross the river represents the savior or the redeemer. It continued to represent that until it was phased out and personified as Moses in the old testament. See the book of Numbers, chapter 21 verse 8-9

If you have clear pictures of the snake, please post here and mention me. Thank you.

That guy's name is Doctor white. I will try and see him tomorrow morning.
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by airsaylongcome: 1:02am On Jan 06, 2023
musicwriter:

Thanks for this input.

Believe it or not, that's where the myth of Moses dividing the red sea and letting the Israelites cross the river originated long time ago before Judaism. It turns out that this story had been in African folklore for millions (not thousands) of years and as ancient people migrated to different parts of the world, the story got better and better.

The snake that let your ancestors cross the river represents the savior or the redeemer. It continued to represent that until it was phased out and personified as Moses in the old testament. See the book of Numbers, chapter 21 verse 8-9

If you have clear pictures of the snake, please post here and mention me. Thank you.

Quick question. Is this myth only with snakes? Aragba people in Orogun clan of Delta State have a similar story but with the West African Nile Monitor Lizard (ogborigbo)
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by Mozenge1: 1:13am On Jan 06, 2023
BigYash:
Erama people them..

Na Ekp u for go sch
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by Gohs: 2:45am On Jan 06, 2023
Asswipemod:

Yeah. Do you think I am wrong?

Nope, you're right.
Just that I didn't know many people knew it.
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by musicwriter(m): 3:07am On Jan 06, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Quick question. Is this myth only with snakes? Aragba people in Orogun clan of Delta State have a similar story but with the West African Nile Monitor Lizard (ogborigbo)

Of course, the myth would evolve depending on the animal available and admired in certain location. It could be birds in one location but some other animal in another place. In ancient Egypt it was a crime to kill birds because of similar anthropological importance- according to Herodotus.
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:37am On Jan 06, 2023
MrAdam:
Hope its caged, if it's. In the wild, sure it's gonna hunt humans that roam closely to it at night..
Oga, pythons don't naturally hunt humans.They only attack in defense.
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by Asswipemod: 7:01am On Jan 06, 2023
Gohs:

Nope, you're right.
Just that I didn't know many people knew it.

Not many people, though. Just a handful of us.
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by MrAdam: 7:19am On Jan 06, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

Oga, pythons don't naturally hunt humans.They only attack in defense.

And swallow in defense as well

1 Like

Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:57am On Jan 06, 2023
MrAdam:

And swallow in defense as well
You have a point here.I remember seeing a wildlife documentary video of an African rock python that killed and swallowed a hyena during a fight.
The hyena with a few others were harassing the giant snake and it was trying to defend itself.
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by Nobodysboo(m): 8:08am On Jan 06, 2023
Leave them with their believe. Abeg!
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by JAGS001(m): 9:09am On Jan 06, 2023
Lol Edo no be Lagos grin
If na Lagos the pyton go don dey one Emeka pot of stew grin
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by blackslayer: 3:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
musicwriter:

Note that it's you that's primitive and backwardly uninformed. If you don't believe me, go to YouTube and search "snake pet". Behold, there are more white people owning and handling snakes than even Indians.

Of course, the way the brain of some of you so called Africans today works is that if white people do something, you'll call it enlightenment but if Africans do the same thing, you'll call it primitivity.

Seems evolution missed this dimwit!
Re: Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) by blackslayer: 11:32am On Jun 08, 2023
musicwriter:

Note that it's you that's primitive and backwardly uninformed. If you don't believe me, go to YouTube and search "snake pet". Behold, there are more white people owning and handling snakes than even Indians.

Of course, the way the brain of some of you so called Africans today works is that if white people do something, you'll call it enlightenment but if Africans do the same thing, you'll call it primitivity.

Emotional damage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oba Sijuwade When He Arrived For His Coronation / African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire / Why Igbos Always Travel Home During Christmas Period - Come Rain, Come Shine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.