Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,325 members, 7,850,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:29 PM

How Do I End My Apprenticeship With A Toxic Boss - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do I End My Apprenticeship With A Toxic Boss (194 Views)

I End Satanist / My Friend Has End My Life... (help) / 5 Effective Ways To Deal With A Toxic Boss At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I End My Apprenticeship With A Toxic Boss by GENUINEGOSPEL: 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Well this is the first time am posting on nairaland,Am from Akwa ibom state actually but came to enugu late 2019 to learn a trade(welding).
Well due to financial issues I never got to write an agreement,but my boss told my mum and others involved that I'll be serving 3 years and six month just like every other boy he has taught.but after 3 and a half years,he requested my mum to come to enugu so we all talk about my future.the greedy man asked me in front of my mum how many more years I think I wanna stay with him,I boldly like a man(21 then)told him just one year as extra.
Worthy to note is the fact that am learning the job free of charge due to family ties,but in Nigeria I know whatever q servant does for his boss doesn't count( embarassed)
If am to estimate, av done jobs worth more than 10 million naira in my boss service.
Okay so after i told him my mind,the man had the mind to tell my mum and others that am staying extra four years ,imagine that.
Well an elderly family friend requested dat my boss reconsider his stand which he smiled mischievously dat he's gonna look into his verdict once more,well now am 22,and after they(my mum,boss and family friend said all the had to say leaving me speechless)I decided that all I need is money, cos all am gonna do is maybe pay him off what I'll call learning fee and start my life.cos people who saw me years ago are asking me all the time,boy aren't u free yet.note my boss is the exploitative type more like a coloniser wanting to make sure I pay him with my services in full.
Now the year has begun and am still here due to financial restraints sad. I just pray a miracle happens so I leave and take the big leap I need to take
So my fellow nairalanders I need u to advise me on what to do cos every day I do think of future working without contract termination intended(I mean free contract cool

(1) (Reply)

Lead Research Tool For Salespeople / Types And Uses Of Forklift / Learn 3-6-2-5 Turnaround Chord Voicings That Advanced Players Use In Key F# | Pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.