Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians (1871 Views)

Why Nigerians hate Igbo, by Chinua Achebe / There Is A Growing Resentment Of Fulani Herdsmen Within The Hausa Community. / National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by babasolution: 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2023
I still find it very odd why most Nigerian tribes,north- south,West and even middlebelt were am from have this inordinate and unwarranted fear and resentment towards the Igbo.

People prevent their daughters from marrying Igbo men

They accuse the Igbo of trying to take over their areas.

Granted I understand it may have something to do with the civil war but isn't that a foregone issue,there were mistakes on all sides and deaths and losses on all sides,the igbos even suffered more for it and lost more.
Many tribes joined the Fulani to fight the igbos despite the Igbo never doing anything to them.

However its a bygone issue and Nigeria as also helped them to recover by accomodating them in their areas and purchasing their goods.

What is then so bad about the Igbo?

Most other tribes are scared of an Igbo presidency saying they will attempt to secede which is laughable, you don't want them to secede and yet you don't want them to rule.

People want to make the Igbo region a tributary region.

Many tribes have this deep seated resentment and unwarranted fear of the Igbo.
People just accuse the Igbo of all sorts and it's strange.

I have lived among the igbos as a man from the middlebelt ,they aren't perfect and I have had issues with them but those are normal human relations issues.It's not peculiar with the igbos.
Igbos have been more easier for me to relate with than others especially southwesterners even though I speak Yoruba.

I have had more bitter and bad experiences with Yorubas and even with people from the middlebelt than have had with igbos.

Most middlebelt and southern tribes have had more terrible encounters with the Fulani and Hausa yet they accomodate them more than they accomodate igbos,if not that the igbos are strong willed they would have been made pariahs and outcast by Nigerians,but the Igbo wouldn't just back down.

All the bad traits that the people accuse the Igbo of also exist in other tribes,there's no evil the Igbo do that other tribes don't do too.

It's not a crime to even be arrogant and strong-willed like the igbos.

It's not a crime to be entrepreneurial like the Igbo

The Fulani are trying to take over other people's lands killing them with impunity yet they don't get as much hate as the igbos who have not done half as much

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by kettykin: 12:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
Vested parasitical interests will always fight positive change, ask the parasites in Russia , Britain and old foolish Pharos of Egypt

2 Likes

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Odin13: 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
Says a Yoruba man

A Yoruba man will sit in his poverty hunger enclave to spread deep hate and bitterness towards igbos ..

Oga go north and south and see how they Que to marry igbos

Reason from east to south north to west

Igbos remains the majority tribe after indigenous people of the place .. yet none has woken up to fight igbos .. accross Nigeria

Do yoruba people leave their enclave talk more of seeing tribes that will give their daughter or sons yo a Yoruba human

Knowing tuface is not just a name but also identity
Knowing rituals and double speak is not just mere words .. but identity

Knowing dirtiness and uncleanlinesses is not just mere words .. but identity

Would you love to marry an inlaw .. you call green snake in green grass ?
Bayerebe to precise

Then why is it that Yoruba tribe will always hallucinate igbo hatred .. fathom in their oily brain and wish it on others to hate what thee hate

Is this normal?

Honestly I don’t support Obi..

But the truth is that Yoruba people are now overwhelmed by the love and acceptance Obi is recieving nation wide

From people same Yoruba media made us understand that they’re heavily hated accross Nigerian tribe

Surprising Yoruba god is on ballot .. yet Nigerians are daily mocking the foolish drug lord .. something Yoruba people feel say dem go get on platter based on their imaginary love by Nigerians

No worries

Yoruba we Nigerians all understand the pains and thrills

Enjoy.. tribalism

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by orisa37: 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2023
The IGBOS are inexplicably intricate.
Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Nightwolf1: 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
Only a Yorubastard is naturally afraid of an Igbo man. grin

4 Likes

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by obiekunie01: 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2023
Odin13:
Says a Yoruba man

A Yoruba man will sit in his poverty hunger enclave to spread deep hate and bitterness towards igbos ..

Nightwolf1:

pls sirs with all due respect, i will request you respect the yoruba race and be specific when mentioning Yoruba.

IT IS ONLY THE AFONJA MOSLEM YARIBAS THAT HATES THE IGBOS!

The rest of the clean Yorubas doesn't have any hate for the Igbos.

PLEASE BE GUIDED AND BE SPECIFIC.

Thank you!

8 Likes

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by wakaman: 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
angry

This question of hate on Igbos should be rhetorical question for Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by ElSudani: 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2023
To all the morons who are mentioning Yoruba, are Yoruba the people chasing Ibos in Malaysia, South Africa, Thailand, China, India, Italy etc?
I watched a heartbreaking video on YouTube of an Italian man killing an Igbo man in broad day light. Strangulating him while some people stood by and recorded it. Some of the comments in the comments section were even more sad.
It didn't make the headlines in Nigeria and Nairaland moro. ns would rather come here with their usual hate and drivel.
You will find solutions to your problems when you start looking inwards.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Superwave16320: 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2023
Which of the tribes in Nigeria do igbos show love to ? Igbo that practice OSU among themselves how can they love others. A tribe that nurtures it infant with endemic hate n chronic bigotry from the womb.
kettykin:
Vested parasitical interests will always fight positive change, ask the parasites in Russia , Britain and old foolish Pharos of Egypt

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Superwave16320: 2:20pm On Jan 06, 2023
No wonder Ikwerre flog your foolish fathers from their land while your unrelenting massacre continue in the North till this hour.

Your tribe inherited unbelievable foolishness chronic bigotry n irredeemable hate so you fools can really decipher what is what.

Nightwolf1:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Nightwolf1: 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2023
Superwave16320:
No wonder Ikwerre flog your foolish fathers from their land while your unrelenting massacre continue in the North till this hour.

Your tribe inherited unbelievable foolishness chronic bigotry n irredeemable hate so you fools can really decipher what is what.

Which Ikwerre people are you yapping about? The ones that follow Igbos to Igbo land for Xmas fiesta or another Ikwerre?

A tadpole like you with single digit IQ is expected to behave like an electrocuted pangolin always.

Demented Yorubastard.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Naajjii: 2:32pm On Jan 06, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Mrkindness: 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2023
Odin13:
Says a Yoruba man

Igbos remains the majority tribe after indigenous people of the place .. yet none has woken up to fight igbos .. accross Nigeria

Do yoruba people leave their enclave talk more of seeing tribes that will give their daughter or sons yo a Yoruba human

Bayerebe to precise

Then why is it that Yoruba tribe will always hallucinate igbo hatred .. fathom in their oily brain and wish it on others to hate what thee hate

Is this normal?

But the truth is that Yoruba people are now overwhelmed by the love and acceptance Obi is recieving nation wide

From people same Yoruba media made us understand that they’re heavily hated accross Nigerian tribe

Surprising Yoruba god is on ballot .. yet Nigerians are daily mocking the foolish drug lord .. something Yoruba people feel say dem go get on platter based on their imaginary love by Nigerians

No worries

Enjoy.. tribalism
you didn't read what the guy wrote.
Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Lizzysamuel(f): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
ElSudani:
To all the morons who are mentioning Yoruba, are Yoruba the people chasing Ibos in Malaysia, South Africa, Thailand, China, India, Italy etc?
I watched a heartbreak video on YouTube of an Italian man killing an Igbo man in broad day light. Strangulating him while some people stood by and recorded it. Some of the comments in the comments section were even more sad.
It didn't make the headlines in Nigeria and Nairaland moro. ns would rather come here with their usual hate and drivel.
You will find solutions to your problems when you start looking inwards.

Maybe Hushpuppi that caused the Visa ban from Dubai is from South East

4 Likes

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by ElSudani: 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

Maybe Hushpuppi that caused the Visa ban from Dubai is from South East

Well, keep your head buried in the sand. Your problem, not mine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Lizzysamuel(f): 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2023
Naajjii:
The answers is the way you behave and do anything for money. Money money money ego ego ego . A lot of tribes are not comfortable with you for that. Yes money is important in life but you people make it so extremely.
You do anything to for money. If you go outside Nigeria Igbos are the najor reasons foreign countries are being strict on Nigerians due to how you look for me by any means. Are those in foreign countries in Nigeria? The reason why they are not comfortable with Nigerians due to your behavior is the reason some Nigerians are not comfortable with you.

Your brother Hushpuppi made Dubai to ban Nigerians because of his massive fraud, yet no one is complaining or blaming him or Yorubas.
Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Lizzysamuel(f): 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2023
ElSudani:

Well, keep your head buried in the sand. Your problem, not mine.

You see your hypocrisy?

I love the way you guys shy away from facts.

But I have sworn with my life that I won't let you guys propaganda go unchecked.

Fóôlish bigot

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Naajjii: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

Your brother Hushpuppi made Dubai to ban Nigerians because of his massive fraud, yet no one is complaining or blaming him or Yorubas.
Ha ha how is Hushpuppi my brother , from Where ,how ?
Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by ElSudani: 2:41pm On Jan 06, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

You see your hypocrisy?

I love the way you guys shy away from facts.

But I have sworn with my life that I won't let you guys propaganda go unchecked.

Fóôlish bigot

My hypocrisy? You must be mad. Ibos are being attacked and killed in India, South Africa, Malaysia and other places and your dumb arse is talking about my hypocrisy! Are you completely insane?
Keep your head buried in the sand.
Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Afamed: 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2023
They are here to play their victims card as usual
Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by tungamaje: 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2023
Many south south minority tribes say they fear the Igbos because they would dominate them and take over their resources. At the same time, I see them crying that some tribes have taken over the same resources and developed their cities and abandoned them.. The ill feeling the middle belters had toward Igbos has however drastically reduced. Many of them have realized they were deceived to hate an innocent tribe. I have many friends from Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue and S. Kaduna who have shown remorse for the treatment they meted out to the Igbos especially during the war.. One of them told me how their dad called them together a certain morning to tell them to take Igbos as their brothers wherever they see them because they were deceived to fight them, saying they have now known the real enemies. So OP, as things unfold, the time is coming when almost all tribes would embrace the innocent hardworking Igbo

4 Likes

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by flokii: 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
If you read history of Nigeria well, you'll understand why.. majority of the first coup plotters were Igbos, ironsi an Igbo too refused to prosecute them but didn't spare the Niger Deltans (Boro and his men) who wanted out citing injustice by the Igbos in the then Eastern region.
You know what it means to leave killers to continue living like kings in detention while you go full force on innocent men who didn't kill anyone at the time.

The constitution that took powers away from the regions was drafted by an Igbo man during Ironsi, thinking they would be the ones controlling the centre.. today the same man and his kinsmen are wailing over the constitution they drafted and forced on all Nigerians.

Should we even talk about this brazen attitude of arrogance and disrespect to other tribes? where they go about scheming on how to dominate others in their ancestral lands while they lock their region with padlock and chains against outsiders.
Some things are just common sense and majority of Nigerians are being careful

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by christistruth01: 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2023
Nightwolf1:

If you were not fast asleep during classes after knocking out your brain with Mkpuru Miri you would have known that the correct spelling is Yoruba

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Lizzysamuel(f): 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2023
ElSudani:

My hypocrisy? You must be mad. Ibos are being attacked and killed in India, South Africa, Malaysia and other places and your dumb arse is talking about my hypocrisy! Are you completely insane?
Keep your head buried in the sand.

The last time I checked, this was the list of those on death row/beheaded for drugs and crimes in Saudi Arabia. The 23 of them all Yoruba's and Muslims. If you add all the Igbos apprehended in these countries you mentioned, they are not up to 20. You can fact check it.

https://saharareporters.com/2019/04/15/revealed-full-names-23-nigerians-death-row-saudi-arabia

2 Likes

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by babasolution: 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2023
flokii:
If you read history of Nigeria well, you'll understand why.. majority of the first coup plotters were Igbos, ironsi an Igbo too refused to prosecute them but didn't spare the Niger Deltans (Boro and his men) who wanted out citing injustice by the Igbos in the then Eastern region.
You know what it means to leave killers to continue living like kings in detention while you go full force on innocent men who didn't kill anyone at the time.

The Fulani also do all you have alighted and worse,but people especially south south minority tribes do not hate the Fulani as much as they hate igbos,they even prefer Fulani to rule over them and steak their resources to the igbos ,their neighbours

The constitution that took ppwers away from the regions was drafted by an Igbo man during Ironsi, thinking they would be the ones controlling the centre.. today the same man and his kinsmen are wailing over the constitution they drafted and forced on all Nigerians.

Should we even talk about this brazen attitude of arrogance and disrespect to other tribes? where they go about scheming on how to dominate others in their ancestral lands while they lock their region with padlock and chains against outsiders.
Some things are just common sense and majority of Nigerians are being careful
Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by gidgiddy: 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
babasolution:
I still find it very odd why most Nigerian tribes,north- south,West and even middlebelt were am from have this inordinate and unwarranted fear and resentment towards the Igbo.

People prevent their daughters from marrying Igbo men

They accuse the Igbo of trying to take over their areas.

Granted I understand it may have something to do with the civil war but isn't that a foregone issue,there were mistakes on all sides and deaths and losses on all sides,the igbos even suffered more for it and lost more.
Many tribes joined the Fulani to fight the igbos despite the Igbo never doing anything to them.

However its a bygone issue and Nigeria as also helped them to recover by accomodating them in their areas and purchasing their goods.

What is then so bad about the Igbo?

Most other tribes are scared of an Igbo presidency saying they will attempt to secede which is laughable, you don't want them to secede and yet you don't want them to rule.

People want to make the Igbo region a tributary region.

Many tribes have this deep seated resentment and unwarranted fear of the Igbo.
People just accuse the Igbo of all sorts and it's strange.

I have lived among the igbos as a man from the middlebelt ,they aren't perfect and I have had issues with them but those are normal human relations issues.It's not peculiar with the igbos.
Igbos have been more easier for me to relate with than others especially southwesterners even though I speak Yoruba.

I have had more bitter and bad experiences with Yorubas and even with people from the middlebelt than have had with igbos.

Most middlebelt and southern tribes have had more terrible encounters with the Fulani and Hausa yet they accomodate them more than they accomodate igbos,if not that the igbos are strong willed they would have been made pariahs and outcast by Nigerians,but the Igbo wouldn't just back down.

All the bad traits that the people accuse the Igbo of also exist in other tribes,there's no evil the Igbo do that other tribes don't do too.

It's not a crime to even be arrogant and strong-willed like the igbos.

It's not a crime to be entrepreneurial like the Igbo

The Fulani are trying to take over other people's lands killing them with impunity yet they don't get as much hate as the igbos who have not done half as much

Now you understand why it is imperative for Igbos to seek their independence from the toxic political environment known as Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by ElSudani: 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

The last time I checked, this was the list of those on death row/beheaded for drugs and crimes in Saudi Arabia. The 23 of them all Yoruba's and Muslims. If you add all the Igbos apprehended in these countries you mentioned, they are not up to 20. You can fact check it.

https://saharareporters.com/2019/04/15/revealed-full-names-23-nigerians-death-row-saudi-arabia

You are free to dig up whatever info you want to support your infantile attempt at whataboutism. At the end of the day whoever gets killed is not coming back to his family. Whether it is 23 Yoruba in Saudi Arabia or 1 Ibo in China.
One thing we all know for sure whether you accept this or not is the fact that the majority of them are Ibos and Yoruba are not the cause of their problems.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by BloomingDale(f): 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2023
Naajjii:
The answers is the way you behave and do anything for money. Money money money ego ego ego . A lot of tribes are not comfortable with you for that. Yes money is important in life but you people make it so extremely.
You do anything to for money. If you go outside Nigeria Igbos are the major reasons foreign countries are being strict on Nigerians due to how you look for money by any means. Are those in foreign countries in Nigeria? The reason why they are not comfortable with Nigerians due to your behavior is the reason some Nigerians are not comfortable with you.

For the Oyibos and first world countries, it’s because of Yoruba scammers and yahoo yahoo boys like hush puppi. For other Africans and third world countries it’s because of Igbo drug pushing. For me, the Yorubas scammers have done more damages, but the Igbos are not far behind. Let’s call a spade a spade.
Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Kapeter(m): 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2023
Odin13:
Says a Yoruba man

Bayerebe to precise

Is this normal?

No worries

Enjoy.. tribalism
Wish babasolution is from a tribe with a name cuz he totally deserve this grin
Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by ElSudani: 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2023
BloomingDale:

For the Oyibos and first world countries, it’s because of Yoruba scammers and yahoo yahoo boys like hush puppi. For other Africans and third world countries it’s because of Igbo drug pushing. For me, the Yorubas scammers have done more damages, but the Igbos are not far behind. Let’s call a spade a spade.

Before hushpupy there were folks like Emmanuel Nwude, Tobechi Onwuhara, Invictus Obi nko? A beg call a spade a spade.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Kapeter(m): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
BloomingDale:

Just here to deliver Invictus Obis letter from oversea. He's saying hello from America prison grin
Re: Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians by Lizzysamuel(f): 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2023
ElSudani:

You are free to dig up whatever info you want to support your infantile attempt at whataboutism. At the end of the day whoever gets killed is not coming back to his family. Whether it is 23 Yoruba in Saudi Arabia or 1 in Ibo China.
One thing we all know for sure whether you accept this or not is the fact that the majority of them are Ibos and Yoruba are not the cause of their problems.

Fact for Fact. Emotions don't counter facts.

I just showed you one and you're behaving like a child scampering for the mother's breast.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Women Reject And Cursed Tinubu (video) / Results From Badarawa, Kaduna North / Live Election Results. Don't Rely On FAKE NEWS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.