Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

The Python And The Fugar People, All You Want To Know! By Ambassador Austin - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Python And The Fugar People, All You Want To Know! By Ambassador Austin (1137 Views)

Fugar indigenes In Edo State, Celebrate Their Mother Return, 'A Python'(video) / Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) / Chinedu Felix Osuchukwu Appointed ASO Cultural Ambassador (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Python And The Fugar People, All You Want To Know! By Ambassador Austin by Itzgrace: 11:58pm On Jan 06, 2023
Many of us may not get the real details of the video circulating the Internet, because the posters didn't give a clear account of it.
With my limited time and schedule I want to quickly explain what it entails, because some are fast to say the community are worshipping the python,while some said its just a normal snake. None is true!

Please pardon my grammatical errors and spellings as I won't be having enough time to edit base on my tight schedule due to the yuletide celebration.

Now the story!

As we know, before the emergence of Christianity every tribe had their beliefs.

In the case of this python, these people had tribal war with a neighbouring town. The very day the fight took place these villagers were overpowered and decided to run back home, on their way they met a stream they couldn't cross as the enemies were still approaching, Immediately a python came from nowhere and stretched across the river like a bridge which made it easy for the villagers to cross to the other end of thier own village. After they had crossed the bridge with help of the python, the people chasing them were trying to also cross in attempt to get hold of them,but the snake collapsed her body and the entire enemies fell into the river. (Just like the story of Moses and the red sea). So, to show appreciation to this python, the villagers came back to carry it to their own village and started praising it. From then onwards they called the python "MOTHER."

It will interest you to know that this very one circulating the Internet is the baby or grand baby of the very first python, not the first one.The first one was as tall like a palm tree and massive in size, and it died many years back. The burial of the pythons are carried out same way they bury and do reception for human being in the community. The baby of this very one circulating around the social medias will be the next to take over power,they don't import any from another forest.

Again, anybody from this village must not partake in eating of python anywhere around the world,it has consequences.Even if you are not aware it's a python you are consuming, it will always have negative effect and the victim will be taking back home for proper cleansing.

Lastly, what surprises me most about this Python is that it stays with the oldest person in the village. When the oldest person dies, the python will again on its own move to the house of the next oldest person. This I can't explain how it happens, still a mystery to me and many. Another truth is that the python doesn't harm anybody in the community, very calm and easy going.That is why I believe the stories surrounding her is real. As far as my memory can carry me I can recall I saw the very first one, though I was still very little.

Its actually a pity Africans don't preserve history through writings. We all have a lot of tribal history that would have made headlines.

Well, it will interest you that I am from this community so I know much about the history and story of this python. This is first hand information from me,not a borrowed one!

For my own observation and conclusion, the villagers or my community don't worship this python, but only giving her honour for what she did to save them in the past. I have never seen anyone going to kneel before the python asking for blessings, favour or throwing animals to appease her. I don't really know if I am correct here anyway. If you need more findings you can DM me so we go for more findings.

More so, the people from that community have a vocal voice in any gathering they find themselves,never scared to speak up truth when it matters in the society which they belong. The snake is not just for FUGAR alone, it belongs to THREE (3) communities namely; FUGAR, IRAOKHOR AND OGBONA. Etsako Central precisely.

What I can say in this case is, give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and to GOD what belongs to GOD.

I AM A CHRISTIAN, AND MY ENTIRE COMMUNITY ARE MAINLY CHRISTIANS AND FEW MUSLIMS WHO NO LONGER PARTAKE IN IDOL WORSHIPING.

Thanks. Reporting:African ambassadors tv.

1 Share

Re: The Python And The Fugar People, All You Want To Know! By Ambassador Austin by gaby(m): 12:41am On Jan 07, 2023
Just wow...
Re: The Python And The Fugar People, All You Want To Know! By Ambassador Austin by Omihanifa: 1:07am On Jan 07, 2023
Intresting
Re: The Python And The Fugar People, All You Want To Know! By Ambassador Austin by dawnomike(m): 2:20am On Jan 07, 2023
Thanks for the clarification...

1 Like

Re: The Python And The Fugar People, All You Want To Know! By Ambassador Austin by OVB123: 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2023
dawnomike:
Thanks for the clarification...

1 Like

Re: The Python And The Fugar People, All You Want To Know! By Ambassador Austin by Liron: 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2023
Itzgrace:

Many of us may not get the real details of the video circulating the Internet, because the posters didn't give a clear account of it.
With my limited time and schedule I want to quickly explain what it entails, because some are fast to say the community are worshipping the python,while some said its just a normal snake. None is true!

Please pardon my grammatical errors and spellings as I won't be having enough time to edit base on my tight schedule due to the yuletide celebration.

Now the story!

As we know, before the emergence of Christianity every tribe had their beliefs.

In the case of this python, these people had tribal war with a neighbouring town. The very day the fight took place these villagers were overpowered and decided to run back home, on their way they met a stream they couldn't cross as the enemies were still approaching, Immediately a python came from nowhere and stretched across the river like a bridge which made it easy for the villagers to cross to the other end of thier own village. After they had crossed the bridge with help of the python, the people chasing them were trying to also cross in attempt to get hold of them,but the snake collapsed her body and the entire enemies fell into the river. (Just like the story of Moses and the red sea). So, to show appreciation to this python, the villagers came back to carry it to their own village and started praising it. From then onwards they called the python "MOTHER."

It will interest you to know that this very one circulating the Internet is the baby or grand baby of the very first python, not the first one.The first one was as tall like a palm tree and massive in size, and it died many years back. The burial of the pythons are carried out same way they bury and do reception for human being in the community. The baby of this very one circulating around the social medias will be the next to take over power,they don't import any from another forest.

Again, anybody from this village must not partake in eating of python anywhere around the world,it has consequences.Even if you are not aware it's a python you are consuming, it will always have negative effect and the victim will be taking back home for proper cleansing.

Lastly, what surprises me most about this Python is that it stays with the oldest person in the village. When the oldest person dies, the python will again on its own move to the house of the next oldest person. This I can't explain how it happens, still a mystery to me and many. Another truth is that the python doesn't harm anybody in the community, very calm and easy going.That is why I believe the stories surrounding her is real. As far as my memory can carry me I can recall I saw the very first one, though I was still very little.

Its actually a pity Africans don't preserve history through writings. We all have a lot of tribal history that would have made headlines.

Well, it will interest you that I am from this community so I know much about the history and story of this python. This is first hand information from me,not a borrowed one!

For my own observation and conclusion, the villagers or my community don't worship this python, but only giving her honour for what she did to save them in the past. I have never seen anyone going to kneel before the python asking for blessings, favour or throwing animals to appease her. I don't really know if I am correct here anyway. If you need more findings you can DM me so we go for more findings.

More so, the people from that community have a vocal voice in any gathering they find themselves,never scared to speak up truth when it matters in the society which they belong. The snake is not just for FUGAR alone, it belongs to THREE (3) communities namely; FUGAR, IRAOKHOR AND OGBONA. Etsako Central precisely.

What I can say in this case is, give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and to GOD what belongs to GOD.

I AM A CHRISTIAN, AND MY ENTIRE COMMUNITY ARE MAINLY CHRISTIANS AND FEW MUSLIMS WHO NO LONGER PARTAKE IN IDOL WORSHIPING.

Thanks. Reporting:African ambassadors tv.
Abe?

(1) (Reply)

Isuama Igbo / Sacrilege: Aged Prostitutes Besiege Edo Shrines / A Day Old Baby Crowned King Of Igbodo Kingdom Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.