Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,487 members, 7,861,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:44 AM

Do You Remember That Emmanuel Adebayor Was Qualified To Represent Nigeria? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Remember That Emmanuel Adebayor Was Qualified To Represent Nigeria? (177 Views)

I’m A Pure Yoruba Man From Nigeria - Emmanuel Adebayor / “I Didn’t Bring Coronavirus To Togo” - Emmanuel Adebayor Refuses To Donate / Emmanuel Adebayor Shows His Gbe Body Moves At The Gym (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Remember That Emmanuel Adebayor Was Qualified To Represent Nigeria? by SReporters: 9:55am On Jan 07, 2023
The lanky forward decided to represent Togo, the nation where he was born. He had disagreements with the management on behalf of Togo regarding unpaid bonuses and allowances.

Adebayor announced his retirement from international football on April 12, 2010, after his Togo team was attacked while traveling to an AFCON game. The statement read,

"I have considered my options in the days, weeks, and months following the attack, and I am still troubled by what I saw on that terrible afternoon on the Togo team bus. We were only going to participate in a football game and promote our nation when we were ambushed by individuals who wanted to kill us all. I'll never forget that, and I never want to go through it again."

It's terrible that Adebayor was unable to play for Nigeria. If Emmanuel Adebayor and Obafemi Martins had teamed up, the Super Eagles would have won the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2023/01/07/do-you-remember-that-emmanuel-adebayor-was-qualified-to-represent-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Guardiola Says Better Team Won After Man City Loss To Southampton / Soccer Award: Victor Osimhen Receives The Emerging Player Of The Year Award / Brighton Vs Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.