Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Need Your Advice On My USA Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Your Advice On My USA Visa (1401 Views)

Please, How Can I Change My USA Interview Location? / My USA Experience / I Need Assistant On My Usa Visa Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by Melanin07(m): 11:56am On Jan 07, 2023
A friend of mine who is an American wants me to come over and pay her a visit in August while I will be coming to attend a religious program there in her vicinity.

She's purely a US citizen. We met over 5 years ago when she came visiting in Portharcourt.
I read somewhere that your invitation letter carries more weight if it from a US citizen.

She will send me an invitation letter. My purpose of visiting her is to attend a religious 3 days convention program. She's a senior citizen over 80 years old now.

Am currently seeking admission into a school in Europe and hope to get my admission letter before applying to visit her.

She is the one who will sponsor my trip including flight and accomodations as I will be staying with her in her family house. I will be staying over for only 17 days .

With this my background, do I stand a chance of getting the US Visa?

When should is start applying for the US visa ?
Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by christianjoy(m): 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2023
Yes
Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by Melanin07(m): 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2023
That reminds me for those looking to immigrate to Europe. The fastest way is by applying to vocational schools, short study course or degree programs that last 1year plus.

Why are they the best.
1. You pay for your full studies immediately before leaving the country. The whole 1 year program usually cost $200 -$1000 only which includes accomodations and feeding.

2. The proof of funds for such programs are usually $1500 - $2500.

3. They don't require English test, high school transcripts etc. To apply to most of them takes less than 10mins.
And also their VISA are mostly Schengen!

For me this is the fastest and surest way to immigrate now instead of the hard way of USA, Canada and UK .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by Irupetepete: 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2023
Melanin07:
That reminds me for those looking to immigrate to Europe. The fastest way is by applying to vocational schools, short study course or degree programs that last 1year plus.

Why are they the best.
1. You pay for your full studies immediately before leaving the country. The whole 1 year program usually cost $200 -$1000 only which includes accomodations and feeding.

3. They don't require English test, high school transcripts etc. To apply to most of them takes less than 10mins.

For me this is the fastest and surest way to immigrate now instead of the hard way of USA, Canada and UK .
pls give samples of schools and countries
Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by victor048(m): 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2023
Melanin07:

Why are they the best.

Please can you give an insight of such vocational schools, and the countries. Thank you
Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by ednut1(m): 2:18pm On Jan 07, 2023
Melanin07:
A friend of mine who is an American wants me to come over and pay her a visit in August while I will be coming to attend a religious program there in her vicinity.

She's purely a US citizen. We met over 5 years ago when she came visiting in Portharcourt.
I read somewhere that your invitation letter carries more weight if it from a US citizen.

She will send me an invitation letter. My purpose of visiting her is to attend a religious 3 days convention program. She's a senior citizen over 80 years old now.

Am currently seeking admission into a school in Europe and hope to get my admission letter before applying to visit her.

She is the one who will sponsor my trip including flight and accomodations as I will be staying with her in her family house. I will be staying over for only 17 days .

With this my background, do I stand a chance of getting the US Visa?

When should is start applying for the US visa ?
invitation letter by citizen does not carry any bigger weight. You will be judged by your home ties and probability of you coming back to Nigeria after the visit. Given that she is sponsoring you means you no get the money. Do you have a good job or assets in Nigeria They will bounce you, thats the honest truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by davidadenrele: 2:35pm On Jan 07, 2023
Hello,

Do you want my candid opinion?? Have you travel out of Nigeria in the last 3years say using your passport to travel to nearby West Africa countries like Ghana, Togo, or Benin? Are you working and have a stable income? If not your chances are damn very slim it's an obvious fact to most Embassies in Nigeria now that when we apply for Visa our intentions is to "Japa" even though we make it looks as if like we will return most especially to when, it comes to God's Country US, don't be deceived if you don't have economic and social ties to your home country don't waste your time applying to US now they interviewer will definitely give you reasons to your application that you aren't coming back owing to your economic and social ties and if at all you still believe you have a chance do your home work properly the rate of those turn down for visa recently is way much more than those given to the visa despite having legitimate documents.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:04pm On Jan 07, 2023
LoL get the visa appointment first. If you apply today, na 2025 ish you go get and they go bounce you

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by Papilagreen: 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
Bro with the full breakdown u just give so.. I will be very honest with u.. I am not a bringer of bad news and I pray ur visa goes through but there are so many red flags that will make the VO reject ur case and deny ur visa application.

I will break them down for u

1, the age gap is way too much.
2, ur home ties.
3, ur finances if she the one wanting to sponsor u won't go well on ur record..

They will find more reason to deny u.. just those 3 alone don cut am..

Don't even use that as ur entry line..
I got my visa back then on a virgin passport with no travel history. Never been out of 9ja B4 but I got my visa.
I saw many people who were denied Infront of me cause of the same reason like urs.

Instead settle down build ur resume and make sure u state u make close to 560k monthly with a good job..
Cause I don see people wain lie well well na them get their visa...
Na scop dem dey like hear there..
Just find anybody with good bank statement as ur sponsor 4 9ja there.. them wan hear say u dey carry ur money come spend no be to come carry their money come out but to bring in...
Also do more research well ready B4 u go for the interview because baba I no lie u dem dey deny people like mad in a day out of 200 applications na like 5 to 20 dem dey grant visa..
Make sure ur story get aim with strong ties for 9ja.. with this said I wish u success with ur application

2 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by Melanin07(m): 8:09pm On Jan 07, 2023
Am already working remotely as a Cyber security instructor for a bootcamp in the US and my pay is $55,000/yr.

Am not going to the US to look for a job!

Is that not already a good job in term of financial assets?

Also, am currently applying for a school in New Zealand and gain admission before applying for the US visa.

Which I plan to go for the interview with my school admission letter, payment for one year of school fees, payment for school accomodations and as well as my last 3 payment for my job as a remote cyber security analyst.

Isn't this enough to prove my returning back to Nigeria?
Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by HRprof: 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2023
Melanin07:
Am already working remotely as a Cyber security instructor for a bootcamp in the US and my pay is $55,000/yr.

Am not going to the US to look for a job!

Is that not already a good job in term of financial assets?

Also, am currently applying for a school in New Zealand and gain admission before applying for the US visa.

Which I plan to go for the interview with my school admission letter, payment for one year of school fees, payment for school accomodations and as well as my last 3 payment for my job as a remote cyber security analyst.

Isn't this enough to prove my returning back to Nigeria?

You have a point here but honestly US embassy will not ask you or wants to see all that prove of documents for a tourist visa. They give visa based on VO’s discretion unlike other embassies that ask to summit documents.

My advise
Fill in your visa application to look good. Don’t mention the woman on your application but indicate you are going for religious conference with the invitation you have then book a hotel as your place of stay, also indicate you are sponsoring yourself. If you get the visa then anyone can pay your flight, accommodate you etc .
My 2 kobo
Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by Melanin07(m): 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
You will live long.

So what you are trying to say is I should just apply for a tourist visa with a religious gathering as my main aim of visiting.

Book a hotel before going for the interview.
But I should not bring up the case of receiving an invitation letter?

Or if I should mention that, where does it come in?

Also do the VO officers ask for documents during interviews pertaining US embassies?

And what documents should I bring along for the visa interview.

Can't I still bring my school documents alongside. The school I will be attending in New Zealand?
Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by HRprof: 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2023
[quote author=Melanin07 post=119815807]You will live long.

So what you are trying to say is I should just apply for a tourist visa with a religious gathering as my main aim of visiting.
Yes
Book a hotel before going for the interview. But I should not bring up the case of receiving an invitation letter?
Hotel reservations with pay at the venue option is okay, you should get religious conference invitation from the religious organization not the woman inviting you to come for the program except she is the organizer

In your visa application is required

Also do the VO officers ask for documents during interviews pertaining US embassies?
In most cases They don’t ask for documents for tourist visa but you can still go with them to the embassy in case

The invitation letter from the religious conference and your statement of account etc

Can't I still bring my school documents alongside. The school I will be attending in New Zealand?
You can come along with it but it might not be ask during interview.
Another option ; why not apply US visa from New Zealand when you resume school which will be easier for you

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by Spanishmilf(m): 11:35pm On Jan 07, 2023
Melanin07:
You will live long.

Book a hotel before going for the interview.
But I should not bring up the case of receiving an invitation letter?

you can’t get an appointment date this year
Appointment date is now in late 2024
Dead the Us visiting idea
Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by H2ho(m): 11:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
Spanishmilf:
you can’t get an appointment date this year
Appointment date is now in late 2024
Dead the Us visiting idea
There is VVIP, if they can refer you the rest is history grin
Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by pansophist(m): 6:54am On Jan 08, 2023
Sorry for being the carrier of bad news, but the consular will deny you the visa if you apply. Your application is too weak that you'll just waste money to get a denial.

So basically, you're broke. Have no job, ties back home or any weighty reason that will convince the consular officer that you're coming back.

You can't even afford to sponsor your trip, but depends on an 80 years old woman who is past her retirement age to sponsor your flights, accommodation and feeding. Chai grin

If anything, an invitation letter is more suspicious than going for tourism because it shows you have more ties in the US than in Nigeria, which can motivate you to overstay since there are people in the US that will make your life easy.

Don't apply. Don't waste time and money to get a rejection. And any person with a working brain will wonder what kind of friendship exist between a young boy and a woman in her 80's. Predator wan go visit his prey lol

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by Melanin07(m): 9:56am On Jan 08, 2023
pansophist:
Sorry for being the carrier of bad news, but the consular will deny you the visa if you apply. Your application is too weak that you'll just waste money to get a denial.

So basically, you're broke. Have no job, ties back home or any weighty reason that will convince the consular officer that you're coming back.

You can't even afford to sponsor your trip, but depends on an 80 years old woman who is past her retirement age to sponsor your flights, accommodation and feeding. Chai grin

If anything, an invitation letter is more suspicious than going for tourism because it shows you have more ties in the US than in Nigeria, which can motivate you to overstay since there are people in the US that will make your life easy.

Don't apply. Don't waste time and money to get a rejection. And any person with a working brain will wonder what kind of friendship exist between a young boy and a woman in her 80's. Predator wan go visit her prey lol

Thank you for expressing your own personal opinion but am not broke , I will go with better advise here

I will stay over and enjoy my sweet work as a remote cyber security instructor here until I finish processing my New Zealand studies paperwork.

When I get a holiday in new Zealand , I will apply for an EB-2(c) visa and visit my friends in the US and go for another religious conference.

Like someone said here, it will be easier to get any USA visa from my University in New Zealand.
Re: Need Your Advice On My USA Visa by Kennetheno: 10:40am On Dec 01, 2023
Good day and Happy New Month
I'm currently residing in Nigeria and a Nigerian citizen as well, I'm at the verge of being offered a job at the United States but my potential employer is asking that I get a temporary I-551 stamp on my Nigerian passport or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine readable immigrant visa. Attached with this mail is the document sent to me by my potential employer with what is required of me encircled. Please can anyone guide me on how to go about this and what are the requirements needed for me to attain this status.
Thank you so much as I look forward to prompt and favourable response.

(1) (Reply)

Vancouver, BC: New Here And Looking To Meet Amazing People. / Fly Qatar To Dubai At The Cheapest Rate / Is This Abroad Thing Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.