Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,485 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo (8200 Views)

Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Campaigns For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) / Police: Tambuwal Must Apply For Protection / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by OAM4J: 1:28am On Sep 04, 2011
[size=13pt]Obasanjo insists: Tambuwal must go![/size]

By Kolade Larewaju, Abeokuta

FORMER President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday declared that the priority of the Peoples Democratic Party  (PDP) in the South-west was the redressing of the speakership of the House of Representatives which was zoned to the region but now occupied by Hon. Aminu Tambuwal from another geo-political zone, specifically the North-west.

Obasanjo, who is the chairman of the Board of Trustees  (BOT) of the party, also vowed never to be in the same party again with members of the PDP  who worked against it in the last elections, saying that such people would never repent.

Addressing delegates at the PDP South-west Zonal Strategic Meeting in Abeokuta, attended by virtually all prominent members of the party from the zone, the former president said that the issue of redressing the issue of speakership should be paramount and not the struggle for national secretary of the party which took centre stage among aspirants jostling for the seat among the delegates.

He said: “The thing in the PDP is that everything should be equitably distributed. The issue of speakership should be addressed because, if not, we will lose greater things. The issue of zoning of secretary; it is ours, not that they zoned it to us. Our priority is to redress the speakership issue first”.

In an intriguing power play, the South-west, to which the PDP leadership had zoned the House speakership, had, in June, lost the office to North-west which already had the vice presidency, thus upstaging the ruling party’s zoning plan for the nation’s six geo-political zones. On the South-west PDP’s poor performance in the April polls, Obasanjo told the delegates: “You must go home and re-organize.

Those who want to come back know the procedure of joining the party and they must be scrutinized very well. We must not forget what some of them did in the last elections; they will not repent. You must not take them back unless they have genuinely repented and they must be properly examined.

“Some of them behaved very badly. Their behavior was terrible. I will never be in the same party with them. I will serve Nigeria till death and I have made a covenant with God to use PDP to serve Nigeria. We must be disciplined”.

The former president said that the South-west  PDP has not collapsed but just suffered a setback, adding that it has happened before.

Obasanjo assured the delegates that the party would recover.
He said: “It has happened to us before, but we recovered. It is only for some time. But we must be disciplined. The setback will soon be a thing of the past.”

In his address at the meeting, the PDP National Vice Chairman in the zone, Alhaji Tajudeen Oladipo, lamented the “dismal performance of the party in the South-west.”

Oladipo went on: “The reasons for our failure in the last general elections are not because our party had no good followership in the zone or lacked good government programmes. Our loss was a result of the culmination of many factors and also our inability to manage the success that we had achieved in the previous elections.

“Towards the last elections, our party was characterized by strong internal strife, politics of exclusion by leaders  to the extent that some of our leaders were even playing god, personalization of the party structure at all levels by some party leaders and indiscipline within the rank and file of the party”.

The zonal chair said that in some cases in Ekiti, leaders collaborated with the opposition to ensure the loss of  the state  to the opposition both during the re-run and even during the court processes.

“One of such leaders is Ayo Fayose, a one-time governor of the State on the platform of our party. Today, some of them are calling for his return to the party. While I am not against his return, the truth has to be said that this young man was one of the strong party members who contributed to the party’s destruction in Ekiti State”.

In Ogun, he said: “You will recall how in the march towards the elections, the then governor of the state on the platform of our party, PDP, worked so hard against the interests of the party all because the leaders did not support the usurpation of the party and the party apparatus by the governor.

“The governor in fact formed a new party to challenge the party on whose platform he ascended the governorship seat! It was that bad in Ogun State. When it was impossible for him to impose his will on the party, he resorted to high level anti-party activities”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/obasanjo-insists-tambuwal-must-go/
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by Panzastrip(m): 1:48am On Sep 04, 2011
LOL
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by redsun(m): 1:55am On Sep 04, 2011
Bury this thread please.This man makes my blood boils and it should do the same to every reasonable nigerian.

The day his pric-k is cut off,tell us the story,not dome fcking usel-ess talk
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by mikron(m): 2:20am On Sep 04, 2011
Why cant this man leave modern day politics alone and take a deserved rest in his ota farm? At least let people in gov't do their thing. He was instrumental in jostling the earlier agreed zoning arrangemnt b/w the north and the south pertaining to who becomes president of nigeria in the just concluded presidential elections in nigeria thereby producing GEJ frm the south as against a candidate frm the north. So if tambuwal is occupying the speakers seat now as against a candidate frm the west where it was originally zoned to he OBJ shld keep quite. He started it. So he shld live the arrangement to avoid unnecessary crisis and bloobshed.Why cant this man leave modern day politics alone and take a deserved rest in his ota farm? At least let people in gov't do their thing. He was instrumental in jostling the earlier agreed zoning arrangemnt b/w the north and the south pertaining to who becomes president of nigeria in the just concluded presidential elections in nigeria thereby producing GEJ frm the south as against a candidate frm the north. So if tambuwal is occupying the speakers seat now as against a candidate frm the west where it was originally zoned to he OBJ shld keep quite. He started it. So he shld live the arrangement to avoid unnecessary crisis and bloobshed.
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by Relax101(m): 2:43am On Sep 04, 2011
Someone should please hold and draw papa Iyabo's ear, tell him this is not owu politics.
If He's not careful, I will unleash IBB again to keep him busy.
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:05am On Sep 04, 2011
Obasanjo should go - straight to prison angry
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by dabrake(m): 3:06am On Sep 04, 2011
Buh i thought a certain farmer @ ota backed gej, against d pdp 'constitution'
why is he now complainin?
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by okadaman2: 3:20am On Sep 04, 2011
This man has started suffering from Alzheimers. embarassed
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 04, 2011
Baba Iyabo must go!
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by Johndoe100(m): 3:39am On Sep 04, 2011
[size=16pt][center]Baba we are behind you.!!!![/center][/size]

Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 04, 2011
^ SPEAK FOR URSELF angry
ARE YOU GONNA HEAD TO PRISON BEHIND HIM?
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by Johndoe100(m): 4:09am On Sep 04, 2011
GenBuhari:

^ SPEAK FOR URSELF angry
ARE YOU GONNA HEAD TO PRISON BEHIND HIM?

Considering That you think Buhari -bin - Ladin is the president of Nigeria all I can say is:

Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:15am On Sep 04, 2011
Obasanjo committed many crimes againt Nigeria
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by Greenslim: 4:29am On Sep 04, 2011
Go where?
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by banom(m): 5:03am On Sep 04, 2011
@ House,

Abeg between Obasabjo and IBB, who is actually the Fo.ol and who is the bigger Fo.ol ?, i have forgoten how they shared that title to each other. any one who still remembers please.
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by nasty45(m): 6:24am On Sep 04, 2011
@ banom-try out nicollo machiavelli's THE PRINCE. Abeg obj which one 'speakership' i neva hr am befor o
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by ziccoit: 6:38am On Sep 04, 2011
When we tell them PDP is destroying Nigeria, they ask for our necks. OBJ is telling we Nigerians that PDP interest is supreme to national interest. Good radiance to bad rubbish.

Until we force PDP out of power, Nigeria will neither rest nor develop.
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by TenKobo1: 6:51am On Sep 04, 2011
He is walking free and making all the noise simply because justice is dead in Nigeria.
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by cryingbaby: 7:47am On Sep 04, 2011
OBJ is working free thats why he is talking, beside that he is one of the major problem of 9ja and i vow tha my kid's know Obj is among the worst devil in gospel clothing, he enforce his fellow ota woman on another state as senator with the name she was married to the indigine OBJ is a member of devil cult 666.
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by EagleNest(m): 9:15am On Sep 04, 2011
If I may ask, which god did Obasanjo make covenant with concerning serving Nigeria till death?
He has reaped what he sowed instantly. When he and GEJ upturned the rotation of presidency bw North & South, little did they know it will come back to them.
OBJ don't have any moral right to say Tambuwal should go. The best thing he should do now is to retire and probably begin to correct his wrongs to Nigerians while he is still alive. Probably Nigeria will forgive him. Let Nigeria move forward jare!
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by erico2k2(m): 9:17am On Sep 04, 2011
Guys dont worry, he has less than 10 years to make Noise lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by misterh(m): 9:40am On Sep 04, 2011
He is still talking because Nigerians empowered him to do so. If we had voted out PDP out of power in April, he would be sleeping in his Ota farm now. So we also do not have the moral right to complain. Same of the same.
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by buzor(m): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2011
"I will serve Nigeria till death and I have made a covenant with God to use PDP to serve Nigeria. We must be disciplined”.
the most annoying part.
the right question is - what did the south west contributed towards the just concluded election in order to zone to them a big position such as the speakership?
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by djustice: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2011
The foolishness of Nigerians is made plain in this thread. Obasanjo says Tambuwal must go. That is an internal party matter. Wetin concern all of una with PDP matter If they decide to remove the man, what can you all do? By the way, don't forget who Obasanjo is o. When he speaks, things happen.

All the Save Nigeria Group, Nigeria Today, On Nigeria We Stand groups failed to shake the Yar'Adua cabal. It wasn't until Baba Obasanjo said that Yar'Adua should do the honourable thing that the whole world got the courage to start asking questions about Yar'Adua's whereabouts. The rest is history.

Nobody has EVER gone up directly against that man and won, and he NEVER talks carelessly.

If I were Tambuwal, I would just resign quietly. When Obj has you in his sights, the best cause of action is usually immediate retreat.
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:50am On Sep 04, 2011
tell them grin grin grin grin
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by KDULAR: 11:54am On Sep 04, 2011
To those saying Obj should be in jail, I ask why?
Most of those criticising someone for whatever  no sectional but rather national decisions taken while holding political office as high as the president of the country will have to ask themselves how successful they've been managing the affairs of their girlfriend/boyfriend / sugar mummy's or daddy's,families,streets or town .  grin grin grin grin grin grin.Most here talking I guess are complete failures that cannot muster a sizeable support to do anything meaningful  

I've not seen a more committed Nigerian as Obj but not saying he is the most committed anyway. So when and if some of you get to where he been then you'll see how convenient easy and sweet to throw stones.
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by T8ksy(m): 1:06pm On Sep 04, 2011
GenBuhari:

And Buhari didn't?

If Obj ought to be locked up then Buhari should be in a neighbouring cell.
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by EPOMA(m): 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2011
T8ksy:

And Buhari didn't?

If Obj ought to be locked up then Buhari should be in a neighbouring cell.

Please stop putting Buhari in the same shoes like OBJ
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by EPOMA(m): 1:29pm On Sep 04, 2011
djustice:

The foolishness of Nigerians is made plain in this thread. Obasanjo says Tambuwal must go. That is an internal party matter. Wetin concern all of una with PDP matter If they decide to remove the man, what can you all do? By the way, don't forget who Obasanjo is o. When he speaks, things happen.

All the Save Nigeria Group, Nigeria Today, On Nigeria We Stand groups failed to shake the Yar'Adua cabal. It wasn't until Baba Obasanjo said that Yar'Adua should do the honourable thing that the whole world got the courage to start asking questions about Yar'Adua's whereabouts. The rest is history.

Nobody has EVER gone up directly against that man and won, and he NEVER talks carelessly.

If I were Tambuwal, I would just resign quietly. When Obj has you in his sights, the best cause of action is usually immediate retreat.

Nobody ever went against Gadaffi and survive. So we should keep listening to this old Man. There is alway an end to everything my guy, it is not as if I am interested in the topic anyway
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by EPOMA(m): 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2011
GenBuhari:

IF Tambuwal must go, Then Goodluck must go, what is the difference the speaker zoning and the presidency zoning, they are just dragging this country backward
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2011
keep talking until boko harem(hausa/fulani) get hold of u and they will make ewedu out of ur balls, shameless fool!
Re: Tambuwal Must Go - Obasanjo by EagleNest(m): 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2011
djustice, your view is quite respected but I think you are painting OBJ as god and the wisest with respect to Nigeria matter. PDP is not made up of aliens but human beigns who are Nigerian. The game is a game of power and power should belong to the people and not OBJ as you portray. OBJ is recently critizing NATO over Libya but he(OBJ) is NATO in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

GEJ Commissions Almajiri Model School In Sokoto / I Am IGBO But Nnamdi Kanu Is WRONG About The Biafra Map! / A Peek Into Ipob "Supreme" Leader's Intellectual Exploits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.