Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

What Is Your Favorite Testing Setup/toolchain? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is Your Favorite Testing Setup/toolchain? (1140 Views)

What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? / Testing Programmers: Puzzles Or Web Applications? / The Importance Of Software Testing And Not Just Software Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favorite Testing Setup/toolchain? by ektbear: 6:19am On Sep 04, 2011
Just curious. Whether your primary language is Java, C++, PHP or another language, what do you use to write your tests?
Re: What Is Your Favorite Testing Setup/toolchain? by Fayimora(m): 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2011
What do you mean by your question? I mean most platforms provide ways to write tests. .
Re: What Is Your Favorite Testing Setup/toolchain? by ektbear: 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2011
So for java, there is JUnit, TestNG, etc (though these first two seem to be the most popular.)

For Ruby, there are many.

For PHP, Python, C++, C, C#, etc I don't know what people use to test their code.

Basically, just curious about what tools people have found useful. Maybe you started off with JUnit but then moved to TestNG for reasons X, Y, and Z. Etc, etc.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Testing Setup/toolchain? by Fayimora(m): 6:14am On Sep 05, 2011
Hmm i see ur point. Well i kinda only test when working with Ruby/Ruby on Rails and Java. Those are the only two langs that require testing(my main projects are implemented in either of them). For Java I use JUnit. Ruby i sometimes just test with normal Ruby and other times with RSpec. For Rails, I do a lot of different tests so use different techniques at once(cause i have to do the 3 tests). However, I use the normal inbuilt test technique(assertions and the likes) and other times(when the project kinda large) RSpec automated(cause am a fan of TDD) with Guard or Autotest.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Testing Setup/toolchain? by cocoon(m): 10:23am On Sep 05, 2011
For C# I test with Microsoft Unit Test Framework or NUnit and the lovely framework, RhinoMock (for handling mock,stub,dummy) .
For PHP i prefer PHPUnit and of course JNUnit for java.

For Silverlight RhinoMock Sivlerlight Framework (for handling async calls mostly with WCF).

Yet it depends on the kind of project.

(1) (Reply)

10 Articles Every Programmer Must Read / Where Can I Send This Type Of Proposal To / Website Or Software Programming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.