Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,262 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Problems Deactivating Account(s) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Problems Deactivating Account(s) (367 Views)

Deactivating This Account / I Shall Be Deactivating By 10pm / DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems Deactivating Account(s) by Eviana(f): 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
Hi,
I am needing assistance on "deactivating my account(s)", "Eviana" and "Eviana3".
When I try and have tried to change the email address, I get the message "404: Page Not Found".
I am unable to access the email accounts associated with both of my NL usernames --due to Google no longer having a record of either on file, and so hence the purpose of my trying to change them--under the "edit the profile" key. I have tried multiple times with "0" success.
I would've emailed the moderators, however by doing so, the only emails that they would use would be the ones that are listed under my profiles AND of which I have no access.
I would appreciate any moderator looking into the "change email" key on the profiles --whether it is just mine or a system glitch OR instruct me on how to go about deactivation.
Thank you for your prompt response.

Ms. Eviana

P.S.
PLEASE (TO THOSE SENDING PM'S) DO NOT SEND "PM'S" TO ME.
THIS THREAD WAS CREATED IN ORDER TO ADDRESS AN ISSUE--INCLUDING THE EMAIL ISSUE.
THANKS
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by TinubuDeDrugLor: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
Eviana:
Hi,
I am needing assistance on "deactivating my account(s)", "Eviana" and "Eviana3".
When I try and have tried to change the email address, I get the message "404: Page Not Found".
I am unable to access the email accounts associated with both of my NL usernames --due to Google no longer having a record of either on file, and so hence the purpose of my trying to change them--under the "edit the profile" key. I have tried multiple times with "0" success.
I would've emailed the moderators, however by doing so, the only emails that they would use would be the ones that are listed under my profiles AND of which I have no access.
I would appreciate any moderator looking into the "change email" key on the profiles --whether it i just mine or a system glitch OR instruct me on how to go about deactivation.
Thank you for your prompt response.

Ms. Eviana

Write to google and report Nairaland, they will force Nairaland to allow you.
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by Eviana(f): 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
TinubuDeDrugLor:

Ok,
Please walk me through the steps, cause I really am clueless on how to do it.
I hope this is not a "bot" that replied me.
I'm needing sincere help.

Ms. Eviana
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by Eviana(f): 12:07pm On Jan 10, 2023
Let me be raw.....respectfully and honestly raw...which is how I choose to really be. I've been extremely frustrated with this site an innumerable amount of times.

I've not nor have ever understood the concept of "holding one against his/her will", when in actuality, it serves no real purpose.
Especially when one desires to be released....free to walk away in a peaceful manner.

It's definitely been around a year or so that I have been trying to "deactivate" both of my (2) ONLY active accounts on Nairaland.
For reasons best known to the person(s) behind the scenes doing so, they will not let me do so....no granting of my desire.

It led me to believe the following (2) things:

1. From a worldly, practical standpoint, I've been marked and labeled as a " suspect" of sorts due to my numerous controversial comments, past deactivations and a huge controversial issue that arose in 2018 between myself and another Nairalander. So the earthly "powers that be" here on N.L. have decided that I will never be able to deactivate again.

2. Spiritually, my threads (under both of my monikers) need to remain on this site (as spiritually, emotionally and mentally draining as the site is) BECAUSE there is someone who is desperately searching for the absolute truth....of God's word.

Let me be clear that I have "0" clue who the person is nor do I necessarily need to know. I just know that God knows....and that's all that matters.

I, (an imperfect vessel), unfortunately got in the way of the Holy Spirit gently working on some person's heart here on the site, because of distractions that I yielded to. For that action, I humbly apologize.
I am a fallible human.
God's word is infallible.

I've realized that although I, personally, truly desire deactivation, someone here on the site needs spiritual truth and encouragement MORE than my need to permanently close this chapter of my life.
I've had to stop and think that maybe, just maybe, the purpose here is much bigger than me "being in my feelings," so to speak.
The Lord is still working on me.
Even if I never type another comment on this site, the threads I've created (under both of my monikers)....all of them except (1), have God's word of truth in them, and someone's answer to prayer is nestled in them.
That is worth my being forever chained to this site.

It's worth it...if just for (1) soul for Christ' Kingdom.

So, I choose to believe that No. 2 is the reason that I am still on this site, although I desire to leave (and have tried to the best of my ability to get some help (through this thread) of permanent deactivation (and no new monikers).
In other words, I do not want to just abandon or not use my "eviana" and "eviana3" monikers and then create brand new monikers and start over. I have "0" desire to create anything new.

As always, Nigeria remains in my prayers....especially for this brand new year of 2023. Happy new year....and as always may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel bless you all abundantly.

Ms. Eviana
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by HardMirror(m): 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2023
Eviana:

Ok,
Please walk me through the steps, cause I really am clueless on how to do it.
I hope this is not a "bot" that replied me.
I'm needing sincere help.

Ms. Eviana

olodo. Bot ko BoT ni. What is a bot. You just using words you dont understand. Write to google and cia to help you since you are too daft to understand sarcasm.

By the way what are you doing with many accounts?
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by HardMirror(m): 4:36pm On Jan 19, 2023
TinubuDeDrugLor:

i love this response. Oponu po ni nairaland yi
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by Eviana(f): 1:13am On Jan 31, 2023
Just want to put this out there.
I have started surprisingly receiving "PM's" and just want to remind people to read my first post here on the thread.

If someone answers the "PM", please know that it is NOT me. I have "0" access to either email. I typically do NOT answer "PM's". Feel free to speak openly and respectfully on the forum if you have any question--and I may answer.

Thanks for your time.

Ms. Eviana
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by FarmTech(m): 10:36am On Jan 31, 2023
Eviana:

I have started surprisingly receiving "PM's" and just want to remind people to read my first post here on the thread.

If someone answers the "PM", please know that it is NOT me. I have "0" access to either email. I typically do NOT answer "PM's". Feel free to speak openly and respectfully on the forum if you have any question--and I may answer.

Thanks for your time.

Ms. Eviana
I sent you a PM to tell you that I restored some of your posts that were hidden by antispam program or so. Those posts about your church history.
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by Eviana(f): 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
FarmTech:

I sent you a PM to tell you that I restored some of your posts that were hidden by antispam program or so. Those posts about your church history.

Oh...wow! Didn't know any posts of mine (concerning my church) were blocked recently?
So, you really are a _______.
I'm a little dumbfounded and surprised, but I sincerely appreciate that.
I will have to go back and look at some things.

I put up the recent message on this post because I had received (2) more "PM's" just within the past day or so.
The problem still remains with the email access....which I have "0" way to access.
I still cannot change my emails--connected to either moniker--(to even be able to receive any "pm's" or deactivate) . So I have "0" way of communicating privately or receiving "pm's" from anyone (mods included) here through this forum. But that's ok.
I was trying to relay that discreetly.
Again, much sincere thanks to you.

Ms. Eviana
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by FarmTech(m): 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2023
Eviana:

Oh...wow! Didn't know any posts of mine (concerning my church) were blocked recently?
So, you really are a _______.
I'm a little dumbfounded and surprised, but I sincerely appreciate that.
I will have to go back and look at some things.

I put up the recent message on this post because I had received (2) more "PM's" just within the past day or so.
The problem still remains with the email access....which I have "0" way to access.
I still cannot change my emails--connected to either moniker--(to even be able to receive any "pm's" or deactivate) . So I have "0" way of communicating privately or receiving "pm's" from anyone (mods included) here through this forum. But that's ok.
I was trying to relay that discreetly.
Again, much sincere thanks to you.

Ms. Eviana

It's not a recent post. You remember that post about Ellen **?
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by Eviana(f): 11:52am On Feb 01, 2023
FarmTech:

It's not a recent post. You remember that post about Ellen **?

Ok....Ellen White...yes.
Way back on my thread about my church.
My testimony was on there and then I was gonna talk about the church--in a few aspects.
I pretty much thought that was what you were referencing.
Folks came on the thread and confusion ensued.
I was trying to write some things and got banned (complained a bunch)...and basically abandoned the thread. I may resurrect that thread in the future...since my church has once again become highlighted elsewhere in the Religion section.

Again, thank you.

Ms. Eviana
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by FarmTech(m): 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2023
Eviana:

Ok....Ellen White...yes.
Way back on my thread about my church.
My testimony was on there and then I was gonna talk about the church--in a few aspects.
I pretty much thought that was what you were referencing.
Folks came on the thread and confusion ensued.
I was trying to write some things and got banned (complained a bunch)...and basically abandoned the thread. I may resurrect that thread in the future...since my church has once again become highlighted elsewhere in the Religion section.

Again, thank you.

Ms. Eviana

You get it. Wlcm.

1 Like

Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by Eviana(f): 12:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
FarmTech,
So you've been slandered/falsely accused on this site? Hmmmm....interesting.
I've had several questions (swirling in my head) since you kindly restored my hidden posts from 2021, although I didn't write them here.
But it shocked/puzzled me why all of the sudden, you did that for me?
What was your motivation? Something caused you to do it.....
Clearly you definitely have top level priviledge/access on this site.
Cause I'm baffled by what made you do it?
My detective mode is on.
While I'm extremely hesitant to send a "pm" to or receive any ever again on the site, the fact that I literally am unable to--bothers me.
I still need help with the email situations that I've written about on this thread. How can I send or receive "pms" when I have "0" access to the emails associated with my monikers?
There remains the mystery....that needs to be solved.
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by FarmTech(m): 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
Eviana:
FarmTech,
So you've been slandered/falsely accused on this site? Hmmmm....interesting.
I've had several questions (swirling in my head) since you kindly restored my hidden posts from 2021, although I didn't write them here.
But it shocked/puzzled me why all of the sudden, you did that for me?
What was your motivation? Something caused you to do it.....
Clearly you definitely have top level priviledge/access on this site.
Cause I'm baffled by what made you do it?
My detective mode is on.
While I'm extremely hesitant to send a "pm" to or receive any ever again on the site, the fact that I literally am unable to--bothers me.
I still need help with the email situations that I've written about on this thread. How can I send or receive "pms" when I have "0" access to the emails associated with my monikers?
There remains the mystery....that needs to be solved.
Yes. I have been slandered by a trouble maker. He was having issues with some users in agric section. I tried to bring peace among them and like a rabid dog, he turned on me and heap all sort of accusations against me. It was really futile trying to defend myself because he can twist and use your own words against you. I just have to ban him.

Why did I restored your posts? This is not the first time I'm doing such a thing. Whenever I come across such I do the right thing. The mod or spambot responsible might have made a mistake. When I saw your comment on that my thread about "Chris tucker", I have to check out your profile and read some of your posts. That was when I saw those posts and restored them. I just like it when I see females (males too) that maintain godliness. At least I saw that in your posts. Keep it up.
I hope your detective mode is now satisfied? cheesy

As for sending PM, that one is beyond my power. Seun (the site owner) should be responsible. Did you lost your email login info? But I think you can still send PM to other users (are my right?). If so send to me if you wish. Don't let those slanderers make you run from good Nigerians. Like I told you, I will delete all their posts. Thanks.
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by Eviana(f): 1:36am On Feb 09, 2023
FarmTech:

Yes. I have been slandered by a trouble maker. He was having issues with some users in agric section. I tried to bring peace among them and like a rabid dog, he turned on me and heap all sort of accusations against me. It was really futile trying to defend myself because he can twist and use your own words against you. I just have to ban him.

Why did I restored your posts? This is not the first time I'm doing such a thing. Whenever I come across such I do the right thing. The mod or spambot responsible might have made a mistake. When I saw your comment on that my thread about "Chris tucker", I have to check out your profile and read some of your posts. That was when I saw those posts and restored them. I just like it when I see females (males too) that maintain godliness. At least I saw that in your posts. Keep it up.
I hope your detective mode is now satisfied? cheesy

As for sending PM, that one is beyond my power. Seun (the site owner) should be responsible. Did you lost your email login info? But I think you can still send PM to other users (are my right?). If so send to me if you wish. Don't let those slanderers make you run from good Nigerians. Like I told you, I will delete all their posts. Thanks.

Yes, a continual work in progress---but I do try to maintain some sort of godliness...
Concerning thr detective work...not quite satisfied..... I do, however, appreciate your help.

I wasn't aware that "mods" could fraternize with or "have the back of" lowly members such as moi?
When can "mods" openly show such favoritism?
Kinda odd to me....
In regards to the email, I'm not sure how I could send or receive a "pm" to others if I can't access the email attached to my account in order to reply anyone or see anyone's reply to me?
I've stated that 1 million times, but to no avail.
Something's definitely wrong somewhere.
Oh well....a mystery that will never get solved...I guess.

Thanks for the effort...
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by FarmTech(m): 10:43am On Feb 09, 2023
Eviana:

Yes, a continual work in progress---but I do try to maintain some sort of godliness...
Concerning thr detective work...not quite satisfied..... I do, however, appreciate your help.

I wasn't aware that "mods" could fraternize with or "have the back of" lowly members such as moi?
When can "mods" openly show such favoritism?
Kinda odd to me....
In regards to the email, I'm not sure how I could send or receive a "pm" to others if I can't access the email attached to my account in order to reply anyone or see anyone's reply to me?
I've stated that 1 million times, but to no avail.
Something's definitely wrong somewhere.
Oh well....a mystery that will never get solved...I guess.

Thanks for the effort...
Thanks. I will be happy to clear every doubt you may have. If a mod pick interest in a member, why can't he/she try to befriend that member? Are there any rules against that? No. I'm trying to be your friend and know your course of study. I have dreams of being a manufacturer of imported items (including aircraft).

As for the email stuff. I believe you can visit other members profiles and send them PM. Through that you can tell them alternative ways to contact you. If you send a PM to me I'll receive it.

One thing with this site is that if you loss your email access, you cannot change it (many members complained about this too). Pls don't compare NL with other websites. It has old look and functionalities. Maybe that is the way Seun want it. If still have doubt, feel free to express it.

1 Like

Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by Eviana(f): 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
FarmTech:

Thanks. I will be happy to clear every doubt you may have. If a mod pick interest in a member, why can't he/she try to befriend that member? Are there any rules against that? No. I'm trying to be your friend and know your course of study. I have dreams of being a manufacturer of imported items (including aircraft).

As for the email stuff. I believe you can visit other members profiles and send them PM. Through that you can tell them alternative ways to contact you
. If you send a PM to me I'll receive it.

One thing with this site is that if you loss your email access, you cannot change it (many members complained about this too). Pls don't compare NL with other websites. It has old look and functionalities. Maybe that is the way Seun want it. If still have doubt, feel free to express it.

Good morning,
I hope you're ready for this reply wink
Nothing wrong at all with developing a friendship.
I just thought that mods were supposed to "stay in the background" and just moderate. Not get distracted and never show any bias towards, favoritism or partiality to anyone or any topics. I was thinking if you are a mod, then no one should know (if you want to interact with the members) OR if folks know, then the mods cannot interact with the members--keeping it all impartial. Just my opinion... smiley

In regards to the pm's/ emails, this is where I'm confused.
Also it lets you know that I haven't really been a regular "pm" sender. I can't remember ever sending more than 2 pm's ever to anyone.
Ninety-eight percent of the time, I used to receive--not send-- "pm's".
The way I remember it (just a few years back) was when sending or receiving a "pm", one gets the notification on this site, however communication occurs through the email exchanges.

Just a few years ago--maybe 2018--the option to change the email worked. Since probably 2019/2020 till now, the function is still there, but on my profiles doesn't work.
I applaud the owner for his creation of this site.
I found it through an internet search on Nigeria.
I have never compared his site to any other site ever..nor will I ever.
I have expressed my frustrations about some serious atmospheric mentality issues here --mainly by members (religious bigotry, tribalism, and misogyny being the main three), but have never compared it to others. Nothing wrong structurally and functionally with keeping what works. Only he knows the reasons why he has or hasn't upgraded or what he may be working on. That's also fine if he wants to keep the site "old school". As the American saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
But on my profiles, something is "broke": my change email option-- and ultimately my ability to deactivate.
My highest concern is a highly safe website--where I, as a foreigner, can safely browse, interact with members without the pressure to feel obligated to "help" people I don't even know, comment without revenge or retaliation, have a nice time. and the freedom to deactivate if I so choose.
I do, however, feel like I'm chained with no key in sight ever.
Due to safety concerns, I'm not ready to send a "pm" to other members in order to get to other members just yet....my apologies. I need to feel secure and comfortable. Not there yet.

I'll leave this concern alone....probably exhausted it enough.
Thanks for being extremely civil during this thread.
I'll let it rest...see you over in the Religion section perhaps?
Have a good rest of your day... smiley
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by FarmTech(m): 3:26pm On Feb 09, 2023
Eviana:

Good morning,
I hope you're ready for this reply wink
Nothing wrong at all with developing a friendship.
I just thought that mods were supposed to "stay in the background" and just moderate. Not get distracted and never show any bias towards, favoritism or partiality to anyone or any topics. I was thinking if you are a mod, then no one should know (if you want to interact with the members) OR if folks know, then the mods cannot interact with the members--keeping it all impartial. Just my opinion... smiley

In regards to the pm's/ emails, this is where I'm confused.
Also it lets you know that I haven't really been a regular "pm" sender. I can't remember ever sending more than 2 pm's ever to anyone.
Ninety-eight percent of the time, I used to receive--not send-- "pm's".
The way I remember it (just a few years back) was when sending or receiving a "pm", one gets the notification on this site, however communication occurs through the email exchanges.

Just a few years ago--maybe 2018--the option to change the email worked. Since probably 2019/2020 till now, the function is still there, but on my profiles doesn't work.
I applaud the owner for his creation of this site.
I found it through an internet search on Nigeria.
I have never compared his site to any other site ever..nor will I ever.
I have expressed my frustrations about some serious atmospheric mentality issues here --mainly by members (religious bigotry, tribalism, and misogyny being the main three), but have never compared it to others. Nothing wrong structurally and functionally with keeping what works. Only he knows the reasons why he has or hasn't upgraded or what he may be working on. That's also fine if he wants to keep the site "old school". As the American saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
But on my profiles, something is "broke": my change email option-- and ultimately my ability to deactivate.
My highest concern is a highly safe website--where I, as a foreigner, can safely browse, interact with members without the pressure to feel obligated to "help" people I don't even know, comment without revenge or retaliation, have a nice time. and the freedom to deactivate if I so choose.
I do, however, feel like I'm chained with no key in sight ever.
Due to safety concerns, I'm not ready to send a "pm" to other members in order to get to other members just yet....my apologies. I need to feel secure and comfortable. Not there yet.

I'll leave this concern alone....probably exhausted it enough.
Thanks for being extremely civil during this thread.
I'll let it rest...see you over in the Religion section perhaps?
Have a good rest of your day... smiley
Thanks. But mods are humans. Are they robots? undecided. It is our job to maintain law and order and that is exactly what I'm doing. That is not neccessarily favoritism. By the way answer me this question: If you were in my shoes, what will you do for Christ? Your posts were being deleted by sth or someone and I shudnt restore them? If that is favoritism, let me do it for Christ's sake. Mods on NL do interact with members. I was an ordinary member b4 I became a mod.

As for email, even me can't change my email. I got 404 page not found error. I will contact Seun for it.

Thanks for your time. If anyone abuse you, click the "report" link below his post. No matter your decision, you still have my respect. See you in other posts.

1 Like

Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by Eviana(f): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
CC: Bobmaintain-read below.
P.S. The baby is so beautiful...and so bubbly and happy with her little 'fro!
I "liked" it

Eviana:

Thanks for your time.

Ms. Eviana
Re: Problems Deactivating Account(s) by epainos: 4:59am On Nov 08, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Zendly Pro Review 2023 ⚠️ Huge Bonuses ⚠️ Full OTO Details !!!!! / How To Get An Authentic Trade Test Certificate / Cac Annual Returns Filing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.