Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad (15282 Views)

Reactions As Amaechi And Abike Dabiri Clash At APC Rally / Abike Dabiri Shares Buhari's Electric Entrance To Rally In Adamawa, Atiku State / Abike Dabiri Reacts To Video Of IGP Idris Struggling To Read Speech In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by ganisucks(f): 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2023
The evil image being created around Nigerians to the outside world has been dismissed as deliberate ploy by some unscrupulous persons to destroy Nigerians in foreign land.

Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM), noted that Nigerians were not as bad as portrayed across the world.

She stated this at inagural launching of Akure Primerose Club, held at the International Culture and Event Centre (The Dome), in Akure, the Ondo State capital, on Saturday.

Dabiri-Erewa lamented that such false information had subjected Nigerians to unimaginable degradations and sundry assaults in foreign land.

The former member of House of Representatives said: “One of the biggest problems we have in Nigeria is our image. We are not as bad as we are portrayed and we have to do something about it.

“Communication is the key. What are we communicating? What are we saying about ourselves to the world? This is very important”.
She tasked Nigerians to always say good things about the nation and portray the country to the world what we do as a good bation and people.

The NiDCOM chairman emphasised that “We are not a country of fraudsters or drug dealers. We are good people. We are precious, determined, hardworking, passionate, and excellent about what we do as Nigerians.

“That is who we are as Nigerians and, most importantly, that is what you are as an Akure indigene. I look forward to working with you. And by the next time we are meeting, we will have a female version of your group. I will be glad to attend more of your programmes and projects.

“I want to, particularly thank my diaspora brothers. What you are doing is what everybody should be doing. Getting those in the diaspora to come back home and see what they can do to improve the situation of their various communities.

“I am proud of what you are doing here today and I am happy to be with you for this programme. We are urging others to follow your footsteps in doing what you are doing here today.

“The idea is that we can not do it alone. If Nigerians at home are working with those in the diaspora, we will build a better society. You can imagine what you are doing in Akure here. I want to come back by next year to come to see the impact you have made which I believe that you will make. I promise to be your number one broadcaster and I will broadcast to the world what you are doing in Ondo State, particularly in Akure.”

Moreovere, the state Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Mrs Bamidele Ademola-Olateju, in her address, disclosed that “In Ondo State, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu is putting a lot into place. We are one of the two states that have a ministry for the diaspora.

I was there before, so I know. We are trying to put together a diaspora bond that you can subscribe to. We are trying to build that intersection entity so that there is trust between you and us and whoever is giving service so that you can invest your money sensibly.

“It is okay to give money to your family, but how do you invest in the country of your birth? How do you get returns for your money apart from the money you give to family members? I need you to look at that.

” At present, in Ondo State, we have health insurance. If you have aged parents in Nigeria, you must be rest assured that their health will be catered to by competent hospitals here in Nigeria if you subscribe to that health insurance.

“We have a ministry of mines and energy, we have those working on solar aspect, and we are caregivers who can help to take care of your aged parents here in Ondo State.

“What you usually hear about Nigeria that the country is not safe, useless or Nigeria is a bad country, we are not painting a rosy picture here, but we are saying Nigeria will be great and attain greatness. We are saying we are working hard to ensure that the country attains its potential.

“As a diaspora, you left this country with the best education. What made it possible then was that there was equal access to education. Now it is no longer possible in public schools, not in private schools, although the narrative is changing. For to have taken these students from public schools in Ondo State, you are doing us a huge favour, you are giving back to the society. Because you remember us, God will remember you too.

“I want to challenge you that here is what you can achieve, you cannot achieve anywhere if you invest here. We have a lot of what you can invest in Ondo state. Please, come home and invest. By investing, you will be giving back to Ondo State and Nigeria.”

The Akure Primerose Club gave scholarship award to three best secondary school students in the state.
The beneficiaries are Boboye Kehinde Moses from Aquinas College, Akure, David Oreyemi Antonia from St. Louis College, Akure and Amire Oluwaferanmi from Aquinas College, Akure.

The Paramount ruler and the Deji of Akure Kingdom, Oba Aladetoyinbo Oguniade Aladelusi, Odundun Il and numerour sons andbdaughters of Akure kingdom graced the event.

The club was lunched and also visited motherless babies home and the Palace of Deji of Akure kingdom.

https://independent.ng/nigerians-not-bad-as-portrayed-dabiri-erewa/

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by ganisucks(f): 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2023
You can't make this up.
This is the problem with Tinubu supporters. They are like directionless compasses.

https://thewhistler.ng/dubai-robbery-nigerians-attack-abike-dabiri-for-alleged-stereotyping-of-igbos/

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by Xscape1993(m): 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
The founder of agberos in Nigeria, the drug landlord and the evil party are destroying our image abroad.

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by gasparpisciotta: 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2023
Abike Dabiri should create a hall of shame and name those responsible for giving us bad images overseas

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by STARGREEN(m): 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2023
You are calling for good image yet look at the quality of APC and PDP Candidates...retire them and see positive transformation

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by Truvelisback(m): 4:00pm On Jan 08, 2023
Politicians are among the wicked people.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by Tochi3(m): 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
Very daft nonentity

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by Peterobiisathie(f): 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Abike Dabiri should create a hall of shame and name those responsible for giving us bad images overseas
Brymo is only one that can call a spade a spade

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
ganisucks:
You can't make this up.
This is the problem with Tinubu supporters. They are like directionless compasses.
She's just a fucxking dirt bag politician and she'd say or do anything to please her masters.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by sreamsense: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
The only effective way to prevent wicked people from spoiling our image abroad is to stop Igbos or scrutinize them specially before travelling. Put them under special monitoring unit when they are in abroad for regular search on what they do in term of business they engage in over there, their friends should be privately monitored and ensure their mobile phones, laptop and their social media accounts are regulated.

It is not about victimizing Igbo, not at all; it is the reality on ground to curb this. So far we know the source of problem, no need to cover it up; it is already opened to everybody including India government that sent them parking. Igbo elders also know this, what we need now is the solution from their end and not to cover-up. Impact of this nefarious activity is on everybody once you tell your foreign friend you are from Nigeria, they will keep one eye monitoring you

80 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by Think9ja(m): 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2023
Nigeria has no any image, whether home or abroad

Madam, just hustle for your ministerial appointment quietly and stop acting like your more patriotic than anybody.

No amount of packaging can cover up the reality on ground.

Same way I always tell these nuisances that no amount of campaign or endorsement can make Pandora win a single state

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by Coolsperm: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2023
Why Yoruba Muslims are distroying it here through skull mining

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by ItsTutsi(m): 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2023
Be blunt! Ibo people spoiling Nigeria image abroad

76 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by tamdun: 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
Just say igbo people grin

67 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by ganisucks(f): 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
sreamsense:
The only effective way to prevent wicked people from spoiling our image abroad is to stop Igbos or scrutinize them specially before travelling. Put them under special monitoring unit when they are in abroad for regular search on what they do in term of business they engage in over there, their friends should be privately monitored and ensure their mobile phones, laptop and their social media accounts are regulated.

It is not about victimizing Igbo, not at all; it is the reality on ground to curb this. So far we know the source of problem, no need to cover it up; it is already opened to everybody including India government that sent them parking. Igbo elders also know this, what we need now is the solution from their end and not to cover-up. Impact of this nefarious activity is on everybody once you tell your foreign friend you are from Nigeria, they will keep one eye monitoring you

Yes, exactly. We can form a committee and put you, Hitler, the KKK and Columbus to head it. That will really clean up our image.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by Sirheny007(m): 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
Wasn't it a Yoruba Paedohile who was jailed in the UK for 3years and 9months?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by LilMissRobbie(f): 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
tamdun:
Just say igbo people grin

ItsTutsi:
Be blunt! Ibo people spoiling Nigeria image abroad

This one that was sentenced this morning is an Igbo man too abi? Continue blinding yourselves with tribalism

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by englishmart(m): 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
They worsened the state of the nation. Inflation everywhere. Now I cut my hair for 2500. Is it fair embarassedr?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by ATLIEN2027: 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
We already know them. By their words we shall know their intentions.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by ednut1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
Stop giving riff raffs visa thats the solution.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by derecho(m): 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
Kikikiki
I feel her pain.
She has struggled for 8years to sell This rotten government.

Just one visit by Peter Obi, hope came alive.

It's about Trust not noise.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by athaboi(f): 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
This ashawo again??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by ArewaTech1(m): 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
We Know Them. Call Their Names After Saying Wicked.

But Some Of Them Got Into That Because Of You People in The Government.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by ZamaniT: 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
Yes, I agree

Tinubu is Wicked, he Traded Drugs in US

He really Spoilt our Images Abroad

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by Racoon(m): 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
The only people destroying the imagine of Nigeria abroad is the wicked Buhari-led APC government

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by TheChameleon: 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
grin

Na yeeb0es full the list.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by potent5(m): 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
Take Tinubu, your candidate, for instance. He is presenting himself for the highest office in Nigeria despite knowing his drug peddling background.

Tinubu has scattered Nigeria's image abroad.
grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by Irupetepete: 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
ABi e ri nkan bayii.
I root for obi
I will vote for Obi but this country is damaged beyond what Obi or anybody can repair...

Can you kill all ex govt appointees?
Can you kill all ex president, ministers, reps, ?
Can you make the penalty of 90% offenses as death sentence to deter others?
Can you repatriate Reno, diezani and Co and sentence them to death by hanging to deter intending thieves?
Can you sell of both present and past govt official's properties to build world standard hospitals and I.t (guru's village)?
Can u scrap senate or make their total (both wardrobe, cupboard, etc allowance not more than 1m?

Can you do this
Can you do that?
This country needs to start afresh abeg

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by wenger22: 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
sreamsense:

Re: Abike Dabiri: Wicked People Are Destroying The Image Of Nigerians Abroad by MrColdsweat: 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
If nigerians were sane, any public officer who promotes tribalism would be pressured to resign.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Gov. Candidate Umar Nasko Conceeds Defeat, Congratulates Bello, The Winner / Arewa, Ohanaeze Leaders Meet, Reaffirm Faith In Nigeria / Enugu Community At War Over Slavery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.