Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 (15629 Views)

Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. / My Problem With Chinese Brands / TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Allison012: 11:49am On Jan 10, 2023
Karnice600:

Lousy kid. I can replace you with the cymbals in our church's drumming set and be sure without a doubt you'll sound loudest.
Go and Read about China's acceptance into WTO, engineered by Clinton's administration in the nineties.
US production lines, with liberal arms and flexible trade practices, gave China an economic boom.
I used several Sony walkman sets back then, of durable quality. Japanese products. They still do it better than the Chinese today.
We had durable products back then, the Chinese were 'barely' in the African market.
Talking of Sharp/Panasonic, and Africans could afford them too.
Just read and learn. You won't die
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by 147ekinmogun(m): 11:49am On Jan 10, 2023
Tobijays:
The biggest trade partner of China is US! Followed by the West! US INVESTS IN TALENTED PEOPLE! that is why ther so many chinese, Indians and Nigerians and other national from other countries! breaking big in Us! US represents the world in term of the people living ther! So if US falls the world falls too Chinese govt only employs Chinese!
Brilliant submission.God bless you sir.
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Karnice600: 11:49am On Jan 10, 2023
0xAaron:
China have always been the leading country in electronics and tech
Hmm. You read Opera news or Phoenix browser feed updates?
It is well with your ignorant soul

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by BinamRex: 11:51am On Jan 10, 2023
Blazebond:
This is what the U.S.A and western Europe don't ever want to happen,this is their biggest fear,their business are being bought over by the Chinese and Arabs,their dominance have been smashed away,the next thing would be the rejection of the u.s dollar as a means of international transaction, that would signal the total collapse of u.s and western European dominance, it would be the end of the u.s empire.

If China becomes too powerful that autocratic governments around the world are no longer fearful of America's sanctions because they know they can always turn to China for help, you'll regret it. I know America isn't perfect, but I'd rather have a US-led world than one led by China.

Have you noticed that whenever citizens from third-world countries want action taken against their autocratic governments, they turn to the West, not China or Russia? Until China becomes a democratic country, the thought of it leading the world should send shivers down your spine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 10, 2023
Tecno, Infinix, oppo, all na chinese phones.

Even your so called iPhone and Samsung are made in China, stop forming.

Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Allison012: 11:53am On Jan 10, 2023
Karnice600:

Lousy kid. I can replace you with the cymbals in our church's drumming set and be sure without a doubt you'll sound loudest.
Go and Read about China's acceptance into WTO, engineered by Clinton's administration in the nineties.
US production lines, with liberal arms and flexible trade practices, gave China an economic boom.
I used several Sony walkman sets back then, of durable quality. Japanese products. They still do it better than the Chinese today.
We had durable products back then, the Chinese were 'barely' in the African market.
Talking of Sharp/Panasonic, and Africans could afford them too.
Just read and learn. You won't die
OK. unlousy kid.

And the US is still china's biggest trading partner or does the US like sub-standard products?
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Karnice600: 11:54am On Jan 10, 2023
wolebest:

The Chinese are taking over...... !!! They have become the envy of the world.

The quantum and quality of Chinese products stand them out. They are taking over even in space technology some of their achievements have baffled the US and Western nations.

The Chinese have done it on their own, unlike the US and the West who are constantly collaborating.
Ode 2023!
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Ayanfet: 11:55am On Jan 10, 2023
Most Chinese brands and product are fake. Compare their life span to what's obtainable in German, USA or Russian products. Interns of durability and quality Chinese tech are weak. Most of their plasma Tv, refrigerator and others are not of high quality and durability.
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by AutoshalomUSA: 11:55am On Jan 10, 2023
This is sort of true . On my many discussions with Chinese suppliers and manufacturers, lots of them look down on Africa . They always say this “ Africa like cheap “ they care about price over quality “ .

Each time I hear this . I always attack them and go into defense mode for Africa right away . Then they apologize when they realize that Nigeria is a different kind of Africa , and I am one !

I think our team figured it out . Whenever we source any product or item , we never mention Africa as one of our markets , we just say global , that way they’ll present us decent quality products that are used in Asia, US , and Europe.

Here’s the fun part ( Pricing )
I’ve come to realize that Nigerians have the highest buying power in Africa per citizen . Nah only Niaja person go blow 1M one night , do it again the next night lol …. We can definitely afford Chinese brands with better quality.
Remember 5TEC ? This is their manner of approach in China . Now we have manufacturers sending us product samples and catalogs from all corner because they want to sell on the global market .

Transsion can do better in Nigeria , but they still have that Chinese mentality that Africans love Cheap over Quality .
The change request will have to come from the consumers anyway .

5TEC is still coming to rescue Nigerians and Africans alike by providing them similar and comparable quality products at great prices . We can’t wait for Teal !

See small teasers ……

Allison012:
Smartphone - China.

Tv - China.

Refrigerator - China.

Laptop - China.

But tecno in the top 10 is not a suprise because that company is really trying. The problem with china is, they manufacture the best and use in their country, then manufacture sub-standard to export thereby giving them bad name. Take OPPO for example.

Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by BinamRex: 11:57am On Jan 10, 2023
wolebest:

The Chinese are taking over...... !!! They have become the envy of the world.

The quantum and quality of Chinese products stand them out. They are taking over even in space technology some of their achievements have baffled the US and Western nations.

The Chinese have done it on their own, unlike the US and the West who are constantly collaborating.

The Chinese have done it on their own? grin You must be dangerously ignorant.

China stole its way to advancement. It leveraged existing technologies. It appropriated the intellectual property of advanced countries and high-tech companies to its advantage.

They didn't have to invent anything from scratch. China may have perfected certain technologies it stole from the west, but it sure didn't invent new technology.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:58am On Jan 10, 2023
Allison012:
@Tobijays

Check you home appliances, how many are written MADE IN USA? You are so daft to make this statement"if the USA falls, the world falls". China are USA biggest partners. without china,USA will fall and without USA, China will still stand. Iphones are assembled in china, China are the biggest importer of aircraft from US. USA banned huawei and they are still among the top 10 manufacture and exporter of smartphone. China are the second largest users of iphone after japan in Asia. If china ban iphone today, iphone becomes another huawei. If china falls your country(nigeria)or even africa falls because your country always run to china for loans. How much has the USA given you? the company that manufactures iphone chipset has many chinese workers and since the USA is sophisticated, why not produce the chipset themselves?

"If the US falls,the world falls'' is the most stupid statement of all time.

The Question, How much have the US given Nigeria in comparison to China is very laughable. No just go there. USAID aids to Naija is what China can't give 1/10 to us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Karnice600: 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2023
BABAawoo47:
i beg to differ...yeah there are multi racial system in US. But we all know the real powers in US favors only the white race...
Take Zimbabwe for example, US used sanction to kill that country, simply because they collected back there land, while mandela was praised as an hero because he allowed white stay and keep thier business in which dey control 70%.
There was no single justification for killing off Zimbabwe, they collected there stolen land and you sanction dem till economic collapse. We don't need such powers pls
Didn't Zimbabwe have leaders?
How did the West kill Zimbabwe brother?
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Karnice600: 12:01pm On Jan 10, 2023
Allison012:
OK. unlousy kid.

And the US is still china's biggest trading partner or does the US like sub-standard products?
Go and read.
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Karnice600: 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
BinamRex:

If China becomes too powerful that autocratic governments around the world are no longer fearful of America's sanctions because they know they can always turn to China for help, you'll regret it. I know America isn't perfect, but I'd rather have a US-led world than one led by China.

Have you noticed that whenever citizens from third-world countries want action taken against their autocratic governments, they turn to the West, not China or Russia? Until China becomes a democratic country, the thought of it leading the world should send shivers down your spine.
God bless you.
Re-echo this to the West haters here.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Karnice600: 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2023
AutoshalomUSA:
This is sort of true . On my many discussions with Chinese suppliers and manufacturers, lots of them look down on Africa . They always say this “ Africa like cheap “ they care about price over quality “ .

Each time I hear this . I always attack them and go into defense mode for Africa right away . Then they apologize when they realize that Nigeria is a different kind of Africa , and I am one !

I think our team figured it out . Whenever we source any product or item , we never mention Africa as one of our markets , we just say global , that way they’ll present us decent quality products that are used in Asia, US , and Europe.

Here’s the fun part ( Pricing )
I’ve come to realize that Nigerians have the highest buying power in Africa per citizen . Nah only Niaja person go blow 1M one night , do it again the next night lol …. We can definitely afford Chinese brands with better quality.
Remember 5TEC ? This is their manner of approach in China . Now we have manufacturers sending us product samples and catalogs from all corner because they want to sell on the global market .

Transsion can do better in Nigeria , but they still have that Chinese mentality that Africans love Cheap over Quality .
The change request will have to come from the consumers anyway .

5TEC is still coming to rescue Nigerians and Africans alike by providing them similar and comparable quality products at great prices . We can’t wait for Teal !

See small teasers ……

More grease to your elbow friend.

You see one funny thing about the US?
If their government disapproves of a product due to questionable standards, they won't sell it out to you.
There's something they seem to protect, even while they trade business with you. They know a single product or sale gone bad can end them in court with a detrimental outcome on their business.
Sometimes they bluntly tell you, they can't sell to you because you don't tick all the necessary boxes. At other times it could be your region is on their blacklist. That's real value.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Simeonjoe1: 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2023
Bobbiee:
Nigeria can replicate what China did, but unlike China, how leaders are capitalists and the bad kind, hence they refuse to put heavy tarrifs on foreign brand and heavily invest and encourage the investment in local brands. Take afriOne smartphones for instance. It came and there wasn't public investment. Everyone expected a small company to come out and start making industry standard smartphones. How's that possible? China make cheap knockoff vehicles for almost 30 years before they started making something unique and of high quality. But from the very start, the Chinese government favoured public use of local products over foreign ones because they set a goal. I will never forgive who ever cursed me with being born in Nigeria and Africa in general. Yes, some of these local brands are not trying, by setting very high price for their products. Yet, even the ones that make pocket friendly products are usually looked over in favour of foreign brands due to public perception of local meaning sub standard.

Be careful what you wished for.
While foreign trade restrictions can promote local trade it comes with a cost of inflation. This is same thing buhari is doing that's placed the economy in shambles.
Can you endure the inflation, low quality and high prices that comes with import restrictions?
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by aklid(m): 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
Despite all the sanctions by the WEST?
Wow china sure are something
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by LocalStandard1(m): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
Tobijays:
guy shut up won’t be caught arguing with a nitwit! Go and check the trades between USA and CHINA! check How Trump dealt with China! Lol labor is fucking cheap in the CHINA BRO compared to USA! that is why most components are outsourced! Over 10 million Chinese is USA bro and less than 100, 000 Americans in China! Lol China made over 570 billions dollars from USA alone last year! Lol China loans that got Uganda international airport seized by them! Do you know that the West forgave the loans given to Nigeria can China ever? If not you do be mining granites for 15 hrs a day! Have you worked in a Chinese owned firms even the one in Nigeria? You won’t praise them! And I stand by my word if USA falls the World falls! By the way Home appliances from China are what you can afford! If you want quality try German products.
I just discovered Zambian airport was taken over by China due to bad debt
Haba bro, let's not get ahead of ourselves. 10 million Chinese in the US? Where did you get that?
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by damoobaba: 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
Blazebond:
This is what the U.S.A and western Europe don't ever want to happen,this is their biggest fear,their business are being bought over by the Chinese and Arabs,their dominance have been smashed away,the next thing would be the rejection of the u.s dollar as a means of international transaction,that would signal the total collapse of u.s and western European dominance,it would be the end of the u.s empire.

You're a genius.
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by damoobaba: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kingabia1998:
Don't get this confused I know that Chinese are really trying but this are cheap product the least can afford when it comes to build quality you never I mean you can never compare Chinese products with European/north America

This is just slave mentality
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Franktom247(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
Omoo actually china is involved in almost every aspect of trade, they're using their intelligence well lol
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Bobbiee: 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Be careful what you wished for.
While foreign trade restrictions can promote local trade it comes with a cost of inflation. This is same thing buhari is doing that's placed the economy in shambles.
Can you endure the inflation, low quality and high prices that comes with import restrictions?

You have to look at the long term benefits. Buhari is a crook but I will always support what he did when he closed the borders. The price of food items was always going to rise whether he closed the border or not. But prior to closing the border, 90% of the rice consumed in Nigeria was imported. The local rice was substandard, poorly refined and filled with stones. When they first closed the border, people were horrified at the thought of having to buy those stone filled local rice. I know I was. But currently, I still buy the local rice but now can't distinguish it from foreign rice. That's how good it's become within the span of two years. Yes, it's the Nigerians who cause the inflation by setting insane price for their food items knowing full well that people would have no choice but to buy them. There's also the problem of lack of regulatory bodies for this kind of stuff. If there was such a body that set the price in favour of it's affordability, wicked Nigerians wouldn't set such a high price with the goal of scoring a huge profit.

Fact remains, if high tarrifs were levied on imported cars, there would be massive development in our local automobile industry and would also lead to many more springing up. That is the way it was done in China
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by AREWAELENU: 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2023
How I wish I can get the list According to the rankings
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by ebufa: 1:49pm On Jan 10, 2023
Blazebond:
This is what the U.S.A and western Europe don't ever want to happen,this is their biggest fear,their business are being bought over by the Chinese and Arabs,their dominance have been smashed away,the next thing would be the rejection of the u.s dollar as a means of international transaction,that would signal the total collapse of u.s and western European dominance,it would be the end of the u.s empire.

It is china they dread pass! Arabs they can handle but China is a dragon waiting to pounce!
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by iseoluwanimi: 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2023
Its plenty for nairaland people chai!

some people no even read the thread before jumping on it.

am reading comments while adding kudos to the smart phone brand we know here well in naija lot of improvement so far from TECNO
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by akigbemaru: 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2023
Allison012:
Smartphone - China.

Tv - China.

Refrigerator - China.

Laptop - China.

But tecno in the top 10 is not a suprise because that company is really trying. The problem with china is, they manufacture the best and use in their country, then manufacture sub-standard to export thereby giving them bad name. Take OPPO for example.

Chinese people are trying but cannot match white man in innovations.
Now change the China China China China to USA USA USA USA.
In TV, a USA company named RCA (Radio Cooperation of America) transferred the intellectual properties to China Hisense .

Refrigerator, it is on the records that Amana refrigerator inc (USA) firstly transferred technology to Chinese. Also Haier (Chinese) is a copycat of GE refrigerator, from compressor to thermostat, all are the same and you can buy parts for GE refrigerator to retrofit Haier.

Laptop and mobile phone.

IBM USA sold intellectual rights to China to produce laptop by selling the IBM think-pad patents

Motorola sold the razor patents to Chinese so that they can get in the phone business.
USA wins at the end of the day.
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by maasoap(m): 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kingabia1998:
Don't get this confused I know that Chinese are really trying but this are cheap product the least can afford when it comes to build quality you never I mean you can never compare Chinese products with European/north America [/b]

You are still living in the past.
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by shotuns: 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2023
IPhone isn't made but assembled in China, right now China is losing businesses to Vietnam, Indonesia, India as we speak, the zero covid policy and power tussle among cabinet member has affected a lot of businesses, people lost jobs, many flee the country for better economy and fair, equity, transparent business environment. no more business as usual but only face-saving businesses. there are standard indigenous companies that make better phone in China, many are just copied from other famous world brands, the technology isn't that local, most are reverse engineered. China is still a million miles behind US in tech. Infinix or Techno is not even in the market in CHINA, never heard of it in the Chinese market, I guess someone coined that brand name and start production through a phone company in the country, Oppo and Vivo are one of the best brands.

quentin06:
Tecno, Infinix, oppo, all na chinese phones.

Even your so called iPhone and Samsung are made in China, stop forming.
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by SimiVikky: 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2023
They really deserve the recognition for their hard work....
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Simileoluwa4eva: 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2023
These people are really taking over anything the technology.
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by Dottore: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
akigbemaru:

Chinese people are trying but cannot match white man in innovations.
Now change the China China China China to USA USA USA USA.
In TV, a USA company named RCA (Radio Cooperation of America) transferred the intellectual properties to China Hisense .

Refrigerator, it is on the records that Amana refrigerator inc (USA) firstly transferred technology to Chinese. Also Haier (Chinese) is a copycat of GE refrigerator, from compressor to thermostat, all are the same and you can buy parts for GE refrigerator to retrofit Haier.

Laptop and mobile phone.

IBM USA sold intellectual rights to China to produce laptop by selling the IBM think-pad patents

Motorola sold the razor patents to Chinese so that they can get in the phone business.
USA wins at the end of the day.
USA founded this and that then sold this and that to China. Yes and so what?
Why didn't the US sell to Japan or other European country or Asian Country or Even Africa.
Those businesses were sold because they are no longer making profits or business forecasts have shown they are doomed for bankruptcy so they sold to not only the highest bidder but the most competent bidder.
Do you know that the Chinese are also making giant strides in automobile manufacturing. They have already bought Volvo and have taken at least 10percent shares in almighty Mercedes Benz. They have conquered railway technology and are copiously showing prominence in truck manufacturing. Most Western big names in truck manufacturing are either merging, going bankrupt or even defunct.
Re: Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023 by JOSSYPRINTS: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2023
I wonder how just a country have this much influence over the technology and appliances market...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google Night Sight: Default Vs Night Sight Mode Battle In Pictures / The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) / MTN, Glo And 9mobile Lost 512,315 Subscribers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.