Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo (5280 Views)

SSS Operatives, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyers, Family Members Clash In Court. / IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike / POLLS: 6m OPC Members Will Vote For Jonathan –Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by ak47mann(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2011
Two Policemen Die In Clash With Opc In Oyo

Two policemen were feared dead yesterday in a clash between men of the law enforcement agency and members of the Oodua Peoples’ Congress (OPC) in the ancient town of Oyo.

The fracas came only eight days after a flood of fury brought tears to the face of many residents of Ibadan, the Oyo State capital and brought attention of the world to the state.

Many OPC men also sustained serious injuries in the clash that left Sabo area of the ancient town deserted after gunshots boomed sporadically for hours.

It was gathered that the clash arose during an argument over a land with some OPC members, while the men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), who were on patrol stopped over on   seeing the rowdy situation. On enquiring about what was happening, the OPC men were said to have shunned the policemen, insisting that the matter did not require the intervention of the police.

Apparently irked by the response, the policemen, a source hinted, ordered the OPC men into the waiting patrol vehicle, but this was resisted by the angry OPC members.

The situation was said to have   later snowballed into a show of strength. The police and OPC reportedly opened fire on each other leading to the death of two policemen while some OPC men were said to have sustained serious injuries.

The incident forced residents to hurriedly lock up their shops and home while scampering for safety.

When The Nation visited the Police Area Command office at Durbar, the Area Commander, was said to be attending to a crucial meeting. A reinforcement of both regular and mobile policemen were seen on standby.

A source confided in our reporter that three guns belonging to the police were still missing.

Unspecified number of persons have been arrested by the police with the support of men of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria (VGN). The leader of the OPC popularly known as Baba Araga, was said to be at large as at press time.

Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Femi Okanlawon, however, denied that two policemen were killed. He said only one corporal was killed by supporters of the lead suspect when they ambushed the law enforcement agents.

According to him, the command later reinforced and recovered the deceased’s rifle with which they killed him. Okanlawon said several other locally made arms were recovered from the suspect’s house, stressing that no police gun was missing.

THE NATION
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/18346-two-policemen-die-in-clash-with-opc-in-oyo.html
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by ak47mann(m): 12:22pm On Sep 04, 2011
opc carry arms but massob peaceful people that dont carry arms police will lock them up, can you see the pattern Nigeria is heading too( MASSOB OPC BOKO HARAM MEND) all freedom fighters cool
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Afam4eva(m): 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2011
Is the OPC a legalized group?
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by udezue(m): 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2011
Good for the cowards aka Police men. They harass non-violent group like MASSOB with impunity but can't do much to a violent OPC.
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by seanet02: 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2011
Greatest OPC! YORUBA don't display sheer cowardness like ibos sorry MASSOB!
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by odogwux(m): 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2011
Opc is above the law. I used to be a secret supporter of the group because they were the only group of civilians who openely opposed abacha, even violently. But unfortunately politicans have a way of corrupting everything they lay their hands on. Now they're private muscle for politicians , debt collectors or just plain thugs. The same thing happened to the bakassi boys
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by sagaponle: 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2011
May we see more of this IJN
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Rgp92: 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2011
Fvck da police grin
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Roland17(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2011
I was getting soooo worried we have not heard any bad news from them over the past week grin grin
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by AMINSCO(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2011
IS ALWAYS POLICE VS OPC,MENDS,MASSOB,AREA BOYS
YANDABA.KALERE,SARA SUKA,BAKASSI BOYS,MILITANTS
N D BIGGEST BOKO HARAM.  sad
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2011
western babarians - yooroba babarians
awo - my arse
seanet - my foot
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by htajz: 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2011
yoruba killing yorubas, wetin concern us for that one.
yorubas are the only ethnic group in nigeria that kill themselves
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by blackboi(m): 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2011
gambari pa fulani sad
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by deb(m): 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2011
yoruba killing yorubas, wetin concern us for that one.
yorubas are the only ethnic group in nigeria that kill themselves

Are you sure you are educated? Can you read?

When a yoruba man is quiet because of good reasoning they call him coward. I think we should lose it once in a while so they can realize that no human
is uncapable of anything others are capable of. Its just the manner of expression that differs largely due to background and upbringing.
Yorubas are just more sane
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Dsomething(m): 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2011
AMINSCO:

IS ALWAYS POLICE VS OPC,MENDS,MASSOB,AREA BOYS
YANDABA.KALERE,SARA SUKA,BAKASSI BOYS,MILITANTS
N D BIGGEST BOKO HARAM. sad
dey won't wanna do dat cos it's sucide
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by mabeni(m): 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2011
D innocents ill b paying for it. Innocents dn suffer 4 police hand.
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Dsomething(m): 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2011
deb:

Are you sure you are educated? Can you read?

When a yoruba man is quiet because of good reasoning they call him coward. I think we should lose it once in a while so they can realize that no human
is uncapable of anything others are capable of. Its just the manner of expression that differs largely due to background and upbringing.
Yorubas are just more sane
i agree wif u,
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 04, 2011
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by MMM2(m): 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2011
na small thing
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Greenslim: 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2011
let them continue
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by lagcity(m): 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2011
lawless kontry. OPC dey craze. police sef dey craze. OPC has completely lost it since that tout Gani broke away from Fasheun. Abacha died 13yrs ago, OPC go and find work to do angry angry angry. make urself useful.
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Obijulius: 9:36pm On Sep 04, 2011
Jonathan shld send in troops to clear that place. Why has nobody suggested that?

Of all tins yorubas r noted for cowardice ranks number 2 after filthiness/dirty. Bravery my ass!!!
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by lagcity(m): 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2011
Obijulius:

Jonathan shld send in troops to clear that place. Why has nobody suggested that?

Of all tins yorubas r noted for cowardice ranks number 2 after filthiness/dirty. Bravery my Bottom!!!

guy, Yoruba isn't massob tongue tongue. our ppl are not vulnerable like your ppl.
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Rastamann: 12:19am On Sep 05, 2011
small time now una go say north no get sense, imagine northerns dey busy dey harass Nigeria as a whole na im opc dey dre dey fight their brodas wey dey police uniform.In fact every body for naija suppose to dey carry bomb waka now instead of gun.
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by buffny: 6:11am On Sep 05, 2011
Obijulius:

Of all tins yorubas r noted for cowardice ranks number 2 after filthiness/dirty. Bravery my Bottom!!!

its ur mother that is a filthy LovePeddler. when did ur filthy mother start wearing clothes idiot bastard, now u want to talk down to us.
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Yeske2(m): 7:39am On Sep 05, 2011
I only hope MASSOB members don't read this and realise they've been silly all the while for not bearing arms, too bad for this country
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Yeske2(m): 7:40am On Sep 05, 2011
I only hope MASSOB members don't read this and realise they've been silly all the while for not bearing arms, too bad for this country
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by islamrules(m): 8:25am On Sep 05, 2011
Is the OPC a legalized group?

Is your boko-haram brothers legalized?
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:53am On Sep 05, 2011
buffny:

its your mother that is a filthy LovePeddler. when did your filthy mother start wearing clothes bastard, now u want to talk down to us.

Bros must u curse person mother to make a point if u feel offended by his comment u curse him direct not his mother after all him no curse ur mother or u directly
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:03am On Sep 05, 2011
I wonder the way people dey curse themselves on this site wetin we dey learn 4 skul abi na to know how to use english language to curse and insult each other I tire 4 una
Re: Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo by odogwux(m): 10:05am On Sep 05, 2011
@ lagcity - the wahala with opc is not entirely gani adams fault. I learned that fasheun was compromised and alienated the more puritan members. Though it doesn't excuse the thuggery that's taken over the group

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. / "We Want War, Our Head Has Been Killed"- Situation At Fasoranti’s House, Akure / Mbaka And TB Joshua Prophesy About Buhari And Corona Virus Must Come To Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.