Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! (628 Views)

Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? / 2023: God Might Not Forgive PDP If We Fail To Listen To Nigerians - Wike / Endsars And Its Aftermath Let's Be Objective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by TONYE001(m): 12:45am On Jan 09, 2023
I just finished watching the just-conducted ObiDatti session organized by Channels TV. I returned to Nairaland to see what the public perception of this interview is, and this got me terribly disappointed.

I'm rather shocked that a good number of us have thrown objectivity to the gutters. It's disappointing that people can't make arguments with objective points. They seem to resort to abuses and throwing all sorts of tantrums.

While we engage in tribalism, thieves and crooks continue to privatize our collective wealth. While we attack each other in every electioneering period, the wrong leaders attain power.

Why don't we engage in objective discussions? Why don't we make informed decisions for once? The president must not be my brother. He must not be from my region. We only need the most convincing candidate. This is why we must listen them, analyze their thoughts, and review their pasts.

I think Mr. Obi and his colleague did a great job tonight. I'm pleased with their responses on crucial national matters like education, security, health, among others. I'm particularly pleased with their view on the emigration of Nigerian professionals.

Politics is tiring. It's too bitter. Politicians and electorates can be irrational. People can see an obvious fact and make a different proclamation because of personal gains. Greed, I'd say.

Really, what's the way forward? When will we get to a point when people will market their candidates without constituting nuisances? When will people drop their greed and see things for what they are?

When?

2 Likes

Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by 9japride(m): 1:15am On Jan 09, 2023
What you should try to understand, is that majority of those that usually lack objectivity in their comments are just a few miscreants being paid to spread propaganda and gaslight the masses. If you look at it logically, it's just too abnormal for a sensible person to deliberately act stupid and create unnecessary arguments on simple topics. The painful part is that those who engage in such acts are seen as respected people in their neighbourhood not knowing they are a nuisance online. If those who were in power have laid a solid foundation for people to progress, it will be difficult for a sensible person to take the job of a propaganda agent and political miscreant.

7 Likes

Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 1:25am On Jan 09, 2023
. grin
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by aariwa(m): 3:19am On Jan 09, 2023
Not people but just a section of Yoruba Muslims because their brain is demented and incapable of reasoning anything beyond Asiwaju anus but they will go naked and run mad before elections over Obi matter

4 Likes

Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by plaindealer: 3:25am On Jan 09, 2023
So, to be objective means handing Nigeria over to useless and incompetent people like Obi with zero accomplishments as a public official, a known and vocal supporter and defender of terrorists, a sad and pathetic Nigerian hater and an anti-Nigerian element.

Don't worry, he will lose the election so you are free to make him the leader of your villages in the SE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by optionalY09: 3:44am On Jan 09, 2023
Sowore is the only right leader running for this election. Unarguably
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by optionalY09: 3:47am On Jan 09, 2023

Politics is not that tiring, Nigerians are just deceitful and dishonest people the reason for the self destruct.
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by copyrites: 4:24am On Jan 09, 2023
I am Yoruba and I live among Yoruba people. I can assure you that only a few miscreants and the online paid agents amongst them are singing Tinubu's praises.

How do you expect someone with a sane mind to vote "roasted corn, roasted boli" while people are discussing issues of national importance?

Tinubu will lose 2023 election. His loss may not affect other gubernatorial and Senatorial APC candidates though. As far as the misfit of an old man is concerned, he is on his own. He does not represent anybody

Educated Nigerian people will easily support an Osibanjo or Fashola candidacy, not that one..

3 Likes

Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by Superwave16320: 4:28am On Jan 09, 2023
It is always funny when I see Igbos argue objectivity.

The same Igbo that stoned Awolowo when he came to Igboland to campaign.

The same Igbo that voted Tofa ahead of MKO.

In education security economy transportation Infrastructure health care etc speaking objectively which one did Obi perform beta at than Tinubu then n now which is Anambra doing beta than Lagos at ?

Let us use your objectivity to chose the next leader, hopefully you will not be among the fools that will claim we should not look at their antecedent it is only the sweet talking campaign that we should follow today.

TONYE001:
I just finished watching the just-conducted ObiDatti session organized by Channels TV. I returned to Nairaland to see what the public perception of this interview is, and this got me terribly disappointed.

I'm rather shocked that a good number of us have thrown objectivity to the gutters. It's disappointing that people can't make arguments with objective points. They seem to resort to abuses and throwing all sorts of tantrums.

While we engage in tribalism, thieves and crooks continue to privatize our collective wealth. While we attack each other in every electioneering period, the wrong leaders attain power.

Why don't we engage in objective discussions? Why don't we make informed decisions for once? The president must not be my brother. He must not be from my region. We only need the most convincing candidate. This is why we must listen them, analyze their thoughts, and review their pasts.

I think Mr. Obi and his colleague did a great job tonight. I'm pleased with their responses on crucial national matters like education, security, health, among others. I'm particularly pleased with their view on the emigration of Nigerian professionals.

Politics is tiring. It's too bitter. Politicians and electorates can be irrational. People can see an obvious fact and make a different proclamation because of personal gains. Greed, I'd say.

Really, what's the way forward? When will we get to a point when people will market their candidates without constituting nuisances? When will people drop their greed and see things for what they are?

When?

2 Likes

Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by Wickedfact: 4:48am On Jan 09, 2023
TONYE001:

When?

Tonye, you're from Bayelsa. Mention a single sensible leader you've voted into office in Bayelsa, just 1. Or is it tribalism stopping you from voting sensible leaders in Bayelsa?

Your own case is worse than that of the Igbos. There are Governors like Umahi, Soludo and Uzodinma exhibiting some sparks of brilliance in the midst of failures like Ikpeazu and Ugwuanyi. No Ijaw leader since 1998 has shown an iota of commonsense. From Edward Clark to GEJ to Alams to Sylvia to Dickson to the current idiot there, nothing. All crooked thieves.

It is in your faces that Duke fixed Cross River, Akpabio fixed Akwa Ibom and Udom is doing well. Your leaders are collecting 13% Derivation like Wike, what are they using it for?

You really ought to look inwards and take your own advice. Want to fix Nigeria? Elect sensible leaders to lead your state first.
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by SmartPolician: 6:23am On Jan 09, 2023
optionalY09:

Sowore is not. He needs to have political track records. You don't entrust presidential powers to a man who has never been governor.
He cannot manage such power in a country where the institutions are too weak to get leaders to account.

You don't know the true character of a man until you give him power and money. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

So, tell Sowore to start from governorship so that people can assess him based on what he did as a governor. Imagine what would have happened if Rochas Okorocha became Nigeria's president without governing Imo State.

1 Like

Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by DMerciful(m): 6:34am On Jan 09, 2023
Stop talking nonsense! Where you there when Awolowo was stoned? Did MKO not win Anambra and got substantial votes from other SE states? Should we be held hostage because of dead people?

Should the dead not suffer the living to pass?
Superwave16320:

In education security economy transportation Infrastructure health care etc speaking objectively which one did Obi perform beta at than Tinubu then n now which is Anambra doing beta than Lagos at ?

Let us use your objectivity to chose the next leader, hopefully you will not be among the fools that will claim we should not look at their antecedent it is only the sweet talking campaign that we should follow today.

1 Like

Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by TONYE001(m): 7:01am On Jan 09, 2023
aariwa:
Not people but just a section of Yoruba Muslims because their brain is demented and incapable of reasoning anything beyond Asiwaju anus but they will go naked and run mad before elections over Obi matter

Accusing tribes and abusing groups of people are typical examples of not being objective. Mr. Tinubu has supporters across all regions of Nigeria, not just the southwest. Being objective is arguing with facts why Candidate A isn't the right person for the job. Not abusing any supporter or candidate.

For example, I don't believe Tinubu is the best person to lead us because of his health and his allegedly criminal past. His mindset makes him appear desperate, and his philosophy is not right for us currently. No one is absolutely sure of his history as it has got different versions (his age, his school, his career, etc). There are more reasons why I don't support him. They keep using Lagos as an example of his legacy, and I think this is a deliberate attempt to be deceitful. Lagos, like any other state, is a product of past and present leaders. Plus, it's one state that is favoured by Nigerian peculiarities (I can say a few more things about this last point).

Now, I've said what I said without attacking his supporters. I also did not insult or abuse him. This is being objective.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by TONYE001(m): 7:05am On Jan 09, 2023
plaindealer:
So, to be objective means handing Nigeria over to useless and incompetent people like Obi with zero accomplishments as a public official, a known and vocal supporter and defender of terrorists, a sad and pathetic Nigerian hater and an anti-Nigerian element.

Don't worry, he will lose the election so you are free to make him the leader of your villages in the SE.

You've failed to address the issues of the ObiDatti interview. You've also failed to address the issues raised in the OP. All you did is to throw accusations and insults, and this will help no one.

And how did you manage to conclude that I'm from the SE?

2 Likes

Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by TONYE001(m): 7:06am On Jan 09, 2023
optionalY09:

Maybe you should tell us why...
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by TONYE001(m): 7:09am On Jan 09, 2023
copyrites:
I am Yoruba and I live among Yoruba people. I can assure you that only a few miscreants and the online paid agents amongst them are singing Tinubu's praises.

How do you expect someone with a sane mind to vote "roasted corn, roasted boli" while people are discussing issues of national importance?

Tinubu will lose 2023 election. His loss may not affect other gubernatorial and Senatorial APC candidates though. As far as the misfit of an old man is concerned, he is on his own. He does not represent anybody

Educated Nigerian people will easily support an Osibanjo or Fashola candidacy, not that one..

From our political history, I won't write Tinubu off. Won't be surprised if he wins. It all boils down to our demography. We don't have the right proportion of informed electorates. With poverty and illiteracy weaponized, politicians will continue to exploit us. Until we begin to have more informed minds, I'm afraid we may not go far!

I seriously hope Obi wins. But, won't be surprised if he doesn't.
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by OfoIgbo: 7:44am On Jan 09, 2023
optionalY09:

But he is a fri nd of the IPOB leader
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by TONYE001(m): 8:00am On Jan 09, 2023
Superwave16320:

Sir, I'm not an Igbo man. Also, should we repeat the mistakes of our forefathers? You think if every region decides to payback the wrongs done to them by others we'd get anywhere?

Between 1999 and 2007, Lagos got over 311 billion naira as its allocation. Anambra got only 183. Even though Obi had a smaller share, he went ahead and did magic with it (recall his tenure was also interrupted while Tinubu's wasn't).

Education - WASSCE pass rate: Anambra, 67%, Lagos, 56%. So, Anambra becsme the best state in this regard.

Security - The Inspector General of police in 2014 stated that Anambra was the most secured state in the past 5 years. Source:
https://thenationonlineng.net/ig-declares-anambra-safest-since-five-years/

Transportation/Road: I refer you to this article, please:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/anambra-echoes-of-a-national-tour/amp/

Good thing is, he did all these without borrowing, and he left office without any debt. He essentially managed the little his state had.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by TONYE001(m): 8:01am On Jan 09, 2023
Wickedfact:

Tonye, you're from Bayelsa. Mention a single sensible leader you've voted into office in Bayelsa, just 1. Or is it tribalism stopping you from voting sensible leaders in Bayelsa?

Your own case is worse than that of the Igbos. There are Governors like Umahi, Soludo and Uzodinma exhibiting some sparks of brilliance in the midst of failures like Ikpeazu and Ugwuanyi. No Ijaw leader since 1998 has shown an iota of commonsense. From Edward Clark to GEJ to Alams to Sylvia to Dickson to the current idiot there, nothing. All crooked thieves.

It is in your faces that Duke fixed Cross River, Akpabio fixed Akwa Ibom and Udom is doing well. Your leaders are collecting 13% Derivation like Wike, what are they using it for?

You really ought to look inwards and take your own advice. Want to fix Nigeria? Elect sensible leaders to lead your state first.

No, I'm not from Bayelsa.
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by optionalY09: 8:16am On Jan 09, 2023
OfoIgbo:

But he is a fri nd of the IPOB leader

He’s a friend of your father too and so Bleep, civilized people connect with everyone it doesn’t matter if opinion defers
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by optionalY09: 8:18am On Jan 09, 2023
TONYE001:

Maybe you should tell us why...

it’s out there for everyone to see, i don’t need to tell you anything
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by optionalY09: 8:20am On Jan 09, 2023
SmartPolician:

Sowore is not. He needs to have political track records. You don't entrust presidential powers to a man who has never been governor.
He cannot manage such power in a country where the institutions are too weak to get leaders to account.

You don't know the true character of a man until you give him power and money. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

So, tell Sowore to start from governorship so that people can assess him based on what he did as a governor. Imagine what would have happened if Rochas Okorocha became Nigeria's president without governing Imo State.

So, how well has the ones with political track records performed in the past 60years.
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by Idiko1: 8:22am On Jan 09, 2023
TONYE001:

When?

The best objective discussion about the shithole called Nigeria is unconditional disintegration. Nigeria will never see a day of human progress if it remains as presently configured.
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by sageb: 8:56am On Jan 09, 2023
TONYE001:

When?

Well said
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by stev120(m): 9:26am On Jan 09, 2023
Even me, I'm disappointed in most persons. Sometimes, I'm curious to understand the LOGIC behind some persons choice of candidate.

Can they make sentimental; tribalistic choices in their personal business and dealings? If no why do it now.

I can imagine the world: Asia, Europe, America watching the decisions we make regarding governance. We have a big problem majority of the electorate are subjected to the existing structure. Like, how can candidates rely on governors to win election not the people. Imagine, in democracy that we define as government of the people is now government of structure by how many state your party govern. That means over the years INEC might have been subjected to these structures.

This problem is not only in Nigeria but also in other Africa countries. Look at Uganda last election, you will cry for Africa.

Now come back to Nigeria, look at Nigeria, intelligent people, professor who will teach objectivity, logic, thinking mind, they drop all sense when it concerns politics.

In America only two parties exist and if Republican fails they switch to Democrat if Democrat fails they switch back to Republican. Every party campaign via public testimony of their works not media lies.

The current France President started a new party and dusted all candidates and people saw the sense in him.

With all due respect, I don't know what your Pastors, Mallams, Imams, Babas, Emirs, Oba, Obi, Igwe, must have said to you. My bro, my sis, for 2 min. drop all those things they have said, now use your sense and moral compass, logic and mind to judge the better candidate so that our children will not curse us in the future.

God bless all of you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by OfoIgbo: 9:43am On Jan 09, 2023
optionalY09:

He’s a friend of your father too and so Bleep, civilized people connect with everyone it doesn’t matter if opinion defers

You obviously did not get the point I am trying to make.

Some people have been pillorying Peter Obi as an IPOB sympathizer, and as such, should not be considered for the presidency of Nigeria.

Now you are supporting someone known to be a friend and ally of Nnamdi Kanu, and you want everyone to overlook this friendship, but rather consider Sowore for the presidency position. Is that not double standard?

If you want to consider Sowore for the presidency, then Peter Obi must also be considered for the same position.
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by Superwave16320: 11:27am On Jan 09, 2023
I do not care if you are from hell or hellfire, a lot of you fools are simple born foolish.
Lagos with over 10 times the population of Anamabra got barely double of what Anambra got yet your dead brain think Lagos got more.

Education - u igbos have to be eternally cursed when you talk about WAEC is education onlz about WAEC. Did Obi write WEAC for the student. How many schools did he build ? Is it not Obi that declared education is not for the poor n tripled school fee while Tinubu built millennium schools, paid bursary, raise lecturers pay n ensure no strikes while Anambra university n medical practitioners went on a year long strike under Peter Obi.

Anamabra was secure for 5 years of Peter Obi 8 years but as now reverted back to no security where Akunyili husband brain was scared all over the internet with weekly death n sit at home while Tinubu instituted the Operation Sweep into RRS which as secure Lagos from 1999 till date n you fools think Obi did beta with security. You have to be mad.

Transportation - what is comparable to the BRT Tinubu brought to Lagos n what governors did not build road. I visited Anambra during Obi at one new year n spent over a week waiting for traffic to ease before heading back to Lagos n you clown talk about him building road.

The attached photo tells how much debt he left n Obiano even organized Media report to clear the lies by Peter Obi below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZr7AWrTX6U

TONYE001:

Sir, I'm not an Igbo man. Also, should we repeat the mistakes of our forefathers? You think if every region decides to payback the wrongs done to them by others we'd get anywhere?

Between 1999 and 2007, Lagos got over 311 billion naira as its allocation. Anambra got only 183. Even though Obi had a smaller share, he went ahead and did magic with it (recall his tenure was also interrupted while Tinubu's wasn't).

Education - WASSCE pass rate: Anambra, 67%, Lagos, 56%. So, Anambra becsme the best state in this regard.

Security - The Inspector General of police in 2014 stated that Anambra was the most secured state in the past 5 years. Source:
https://thenationonlineng.net/ig-declares-anambra-safest-since-five-years/

Transportation/Road: I refer you to this article, please:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/anambra-echoes-of-a-national-tour/amp/

Good thing is, he did all these without borrowing, and he left office without any debt. He essentially managed the little his state had.

Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by optionalY09: 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2023
OfoIgbo:

You obviously did not get the point I am trying to make.

Some people have been pillorying Peter Obi as an IPOB sympathizer, and as such, should not be considered for the presidency of Nigeria.

Now you are supporting someone known to be a friend and ally of Nnamdi Kanu, and you want everyone to overlook this friendship, but rather consider Sowore for the presidency position. Is that not double standard?

If you want to consider Sowore for the presidency, then Peter Obi must also be considered for the same position.

I just want an Africa importantly Nigeria that’s progressing and i don’t believe any of the candidates contesting for 2023 election is capable other than Sowore. It’s better for Nigeria to break if Sowore is not a elected the president of Nigeria 2023
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by 3ple9iner: 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2023
I only watched the part where he was asked on how he would solve the security situation. He kept saying he would talk to all agitators even the one's in the NE, like he would talk to them, he would meet there demands and then they would be forgiven isn't this the same thing we were criticizing Buhari for? i.e Him granting amnesty to terrorist. Now you are talking about being objective if you criticized Buhari for granting Amnesty to terrorist then but supporting Obi for saying he would discuss with this same terrorist then you have no moral ground to say someone is not being objective.
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by OfoIgbo: 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
optionalY09:

I just want an Africa importantly Nigeria that’s progressing and i don’t believe any of the candidates contesting for 2023 election is capable other than Sowore. It’s better for Nigeria to break if Sowore is not a elected the president of Nigeria 2023

But Sowore was one of the persons that supported Buhari to power. How can such a man have a solution for Nigeria? The solution he had for Nigeria in 2015 is still destroying Nigeria.

Don't get me wrong. I like Sowore, but Peter Obi is a far better option at this juncture. Peter was not one of those that brought in Buhari. In fact, Obi has never been in support of Buhari, for a reason. That reason is now clear to Nigerians, nearly 8 years down Buhari's presidency.

Obi made the right call in 2015. He will make a better call in 2023
Re: We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! by optionalY09: 3:33am On Jan 10, 2023
OfoIgbo:

But Sowore was one of the persons that supported Buhari to power. How can such a man have a solution for Nigeria? The solution he had for Nigeria in 2015 is still destroying Nigeria.

Don't get me wrong. I like Sowore, but Peter Obi is a far better option at this juncture. Peter was not one of those that brought in Buhari. In fact, Obi has never been in support of Buhari, for a reason. That reason is now clear to Nigerians, nearly 8 years down Buhari's presidency.

Obi made the right call in 2015. He will make a better call in 2023

But Sowore is the most qualified candidate for president in 2023

(1) (Reply)

Rabiu Becomes Fourth Richest Man In Africa / DSS Unearth Fresh Allegations Against Emefiele, Submits Report To Buh / APC National Chairman And Asiwaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.