Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

The Three Wise Men: What Exact “Knowledge Of The Stars” Did They Possess.?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Three Wise Men: What Exact “Knowledge Of The Stars” Did They Possess.?? (891 Views)

"It Is Dangerous Fighting Your Wife" -Mike Bamiloye Tells Men What To Do Instead / Real Identity Of 3 Wise Men Who Visited Jesus' Birthplace Revealed By Expert / Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: The Three Wise Men: What Exact “Knowledge Of The Stars” Did They Possess.?? by Maynman: 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
They are called Magi (not wise men or kings), a term we know denoted the followers or priests of Zoroastrianism. That’s how they’re called in the gospels too.
Re: The Three Wise Men: What Exact “Knowledge Of The Stars” Did They Possess.?? by Truvelisback(m): 9:02pm On Jan 09, 2023
tk4radi:
Was there any other thing they were doing so differently from the present Astrologers??
What other answers do u want again after writing this long and boring epistle? They were Astrologers.
Re: The Three Wise Men: What Exact “Knowledge Of The Stars” Did They Possess.?? by Michael547(m): 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2023
tk4radi:
Since the time I was a very little boy, when I first heard this particular story about the visit of the three wise men, I started trying to understand the whole scenario.
I couldn't just get myself to believe the “guiding” part of the “Star” story (just the way I couldn't believe “SOME” miracles that were told in the Bible - as at then - and even up till now)

I had my own questions then as a kid...
How would a star (no matter the size) in the far night-sky above the earth be guiding some people here below, up to the point of guiding them to the very spot - that is, to the very stable - where Jesus was born, and it stopped there?
What type of star was that even?
Was it a shooting star?
It couldn't be.
Was it any other type of star?
Then, the star would always be there, and be visible every night, and thus nothing would have been different about that very special star.

I was gazing at the stars almost every night for more than ten years, until I got tired of gazing, and then, I had to assume that those three wise men were seeing visions.
Ok then.
But how could the three men be seeing the same vision at once.?
Well.
It could be another fairy-tale from the bible.
But then, it was recorded in the Jewish history texts, “that some intelligent men from the far-far-east paid a visit to King Herod in Jerusalem with gifts, but the gifts were Not for Herod”.
History books also had it that King Herod murdered the infants of Bethlehem shortly before his death.
Thus, the story of the three wise men was not a biblical tale. It really happened.

Meanwhile, I deliberately had to stop letting the story of the “Guiding Star Of The Three Wise Men” to continue to bother my innocent childhood and yearly Christmas Celebrations.

Whatever the Star was, I had to let it be..
And up till this moment, (I mean, now that I have known a lot about the stars and the planets), I still cannot understand how a star could “Guide” someone to a particular HOUSE.!!

Along the line, while I was growing, I later-on understood that some “Special Stars” could really appear in the regular night-sky from out of no-where, and they could be visible for some days (and even weeks) before they disappear.
Such special star-like appearances could be comets, planetary conjunctions, novae and supernovae, and so on..

But what remained my puzzle up till today was, how such stars could guide someone to a particular house, AND STOP.
And also, how such stars could announce the “BIRTH” of anyone here on earth, and even indicate the “Direction towards the Location” where such Births happened.
And nobody in our current era is practicing such wisdom of the stars any longer.??

THESE WISE MEN FROM THE EAST, DIDN'T THEY TRAIN ANY SCHOLARS WHO WOULD CARRY ON WITH THE STUDY OF THE STARS??

DIDN'T THEY LEAVE THEIR SCROLLS AND TEXTS BEHIND FOR THE BENEFIT OF FUTURE PERSONS WHO MIGHT WANT TO UNDERSTAND THE STARS JUST LIKE THEM.?

WHY IS IT THAT THE PRESENT-DAY SCHOLARS AND TEACHERS OF “ASTRONOMY” AND “ASTROLOGY” ARE NOT IN ANY WAY TRYING TO REPLICATE THE WONDERFUL “WISDOM OF THE STARS” WHICH THESE THREE WISE MEN EXHIBITED.??

(The images above were gotten from https://www.space.com/star-of-bethlehem)
I would to discuss this topic with you....chat me up on WhatsApp on 08167469103

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Said He Is Not A Man So When Did He Change? / Www.churches2go2.com A New Christian Resource Center / Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.