Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

@yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog (1761 Views)

Someone Is Trying To Hack My Blog, What Do I Do? / I Want To Review Your Website/blog For FREE On My Own Site / Criticize My Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

@yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by gabuzee(m): 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2011
Please, dhtml, yawatide, fayimora, afam4eva and co. Kindly review and criticize my Blog.
http://www.josylad.com
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by databoy247(m): 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2011
errm,, @poster, i dont see anything to review. Your blog is just like any other blog except maybe in the course of using my phone, there are some things i cant see.
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by seun21: 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2011
Sorry, dhtml has been sent out of the forum permanently, mayharp you may run into his clones.
As for yawatide, i dont think she reviews blogs - tis waste of time.

Try afam4ever and fayisara
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by gabuzee(m): 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2011
@databoy, You cant review with a mobile fone, cos you cant see the Sidebar, ads and co.
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by gabuzee(m): 5:55pm On Sep 04, 2011
★seun:

Sorry, dhtml has been sent out of the forum permanently, mayharp you may run into his clones.

★seun:

Thanks, didnt know dhtml has been sent out. I love the guy and am gonna miss him.
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by databoy247(m): 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2011
@seun, how am i not sure you are also a clone? Cos from what i see you are new here. What is NL turning into?
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by databoy241: 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2011
Hmm, i know i am not a clone. . . .hope you dont mind borrowing your name temporarily

The blog looks kinda nice. That increase your pagerank link is not showing well.
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by gabuzee(m): 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2011
★databoy24:

Hmm, i know i am not a clone. . . .hope you dont mind borrowing your name temporarily

The blog looks kinda nice. That increase your pagerank link is not showing well.
Thanks, I think the theme caused that link to be behaving like that av got no Idea how to fix it yet. May be I will change the theme.
And I guess you are dhtml?
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by Afam4eva(m): 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2011
Josylad? Why does this name sound familiar.

Anyways, here i go:

The POSITIVES

I can tell that you downloaded that theme but it's nice you made some modifications to it. Making it look clean and simple.

I also like the fact that you didn't stuff your blog with too many colors. With Black, white and blue colors, it combines both simplicity and professionalism.

You also had an eye for SEO when you were building it. The on-page optimization is ok and with some external backlinks, i see your site competing on with the top players in google search engine.

The NEGATIVES

The "sponsored list" DIV seems to be overlapping. I'm using a firefox browser to view it.

I can see that your contact form came as a plugin. That explains why i see "Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form". That's not nice at all. Searchfor "exec-php" plugin and install it.It will enable you to run PHP scripts inside your wordpress pages.

Oops, the contact form does not validate.

I'm still running a test onit and will be back as soon as i discover a loop hole.
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by gabuzee1: 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2011
gabuzee:

Thanks, I think the theme caused that link to be behaving like that av got no Idea how to fix it yet. May be I will change the theme.
And I guess you are dhtml?
You are most welcome. And nope, you are wrong. *dhtml has become a ghost. . .
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by yawatide(f): 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2011
Hmmm, why so many usernames with stars as the first character? I swear, if I study harder, I will notice a pattern grin

Anyways, OP, unfortunately, as stated earlier, I don't do blogs or cms. Nothing against you but since you didn't write the code from scratch, I figure there is no point reviewing work that isn't yours. Sure, you may have customized but even at that, the foundation still isn't yours.

If and when you do an actual website or app from scratch, I will be the first to comment.

Good luck!
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by Afam4eva(m): 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2011
haha, DHTML don turn spambot.
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by gabuzee(m): 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2011
afam4eva:

Josylad? Why does this name sound familiar.

Anyways, here i go:

The POSITIVES

I can tell that you downloaded that theme but it's nice you made some modifications to it. Making it look clean and simple.

I also like the fact that you didn't stuff your blog with too many colors. With Black, white and blue colors, it combines both simplicity and professionalism.

You also had an eye for SEO when you were building it. The on-page optimization is ok and with some external backlinks, i see your site competing on with the top players in google search engine.

The NEGATIVES

The "sponsored list" DIV seems to be overlapping. I'm using a firefox browser to view it.

I can see that your contact form came as a plugin. That explains why i see "Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form". That's not nice at all. Searchfor "exec-php" plugin and install it.It will enable you to run PHP scripts inside your wordpress pages.

Oops, the contact form does not validate.

I'm still running a test onit and will be back as soon as i discover a loop hole.
The name is familiar because have been around for a while and probably met on other forums, thanks for the review I dont know Php thats why am using the Fast secure form plugin, I will check the plugin options to see if there is a validation option under it.
Also, are You the one that used the contact form with hi@gmail.com
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by Afam4eva(m): 8:19pm On Sep 04, 2011
gabuzee:

Also, are You the one that used the contact form with hi@gmail.com

No, i'm not. My email has "afam" in it.
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by gabuzee(m): 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2011
afam4eva:

No, i'm not. My email has "afam" in it.
Ok
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by dhtmlextreme(m): 6:47am On Sep 05, 2011
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by instinctg(m): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2011
i dont understand why some of you criticize this guy for not coding his site from scratch. After all, every coder has done that at a point in time. Well OP, its a challenge you learn the fundamentals of web development as some peeps have suggested.
For the site, the design is good though i still see a horizontal scrolling bar despite using a 1366 * 700 screen resolution. The body with is about 950px so i think its got to do with ur background image. For the div around the ontoplist.com, align it further left cos its looking shaggy.
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by yawatide(f): 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2011
instinctng:
Granted you mentioned no names (scared? tongue), what I said about blogs/cms isn't a criticism. It is a personal choice and prerogative.

I see this akin to someone who who goes to an eatery, gets some food, adds a few condiments to "spice it up", then comes to me with the food, complete with that eatery's container and then asks me how I would rate the food that he just prepared. In all honesty, I couldn't do it. Now, if he cooks his own food and tells me to rate it, I will do it without hesitating.

Sure, there is nothing wrong with not coding from scratch per se, especially if you are dealing with a site that will be updated frequently. That's the whole point of using it right? I mean, I have customized a few cms sites myself.
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by dhtml7(m): 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2011
This is muy fun. . .no fights please
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by Fayimora(m): 11:22pm On Sep 05, 2011
Fayisara? Its Fayimora! Anyways i also cant really help you as you ddnt code it but might help you with some design and user experience tips.

--> Firstly, you have too many things on your home page. It discourages people. .
--> Secondly, your link is kinda outside your content area. . Thats a bad idea.
--> Thirdly there is a problem with your third navigation link, "increase page rank". You should fix that.
--> Fourthly, your sidebar is too crowded and you used the same sidebar throughout the whole site, another bad idea.

Errrm dont really have time to goo deeper cause am really busy but yeah you can consider the points i mentioned above. . .
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2011
@gabuzee the name is feyisara not fayisara let me start on your choice of name first your blog is about seo and internet marketing it would have been better to have a domain name related to seo something like josyseo.com and secondly it is just like any other blogs nothing specia,l thirdly the home page is too crowded maybe you need to get a better theme that will display your content in a professional way. i just start a blog that will focus on facebook marketing you can check http://www.myfacebookgenie.com am still working on it
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by gabuzee(m): 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2011
feyisara:

@gabuzee the name is feyisara not fayisara let me start on your choice of name first your blog is about seo and internet marketing  it would have  been  better to have a domain name related to seo something like josyseo.com and secondly it is just like any other blogs nothing specia,l thirdly the home page is too crowded maybe you need to get a better theme that will display your content in a professional way. i just start a blog that will focus on facebook marketing you can check http://www.myfacebookgenie.com am still working on it
Thanks for you comment. I dont see any problem with my domain name, its depends on your content and SEO Skills.
Am currently custimizing a theme with WAMP Server to replace the current one, I will take note of your Points.
l display your content in a professional way. i just start a blog that will focus on facebook marketing you can check http://www.myfacebookgenie.com am still working on it
[quote][/quote]Thanks for you comment. I dont see any problem with my domain name, its depends on your content and SEO Skills.
Am currently customizing a theme with WAMP Server to replace the current one, I will take note of your Points.
Re: @yawatide, Feyisara And Co. Abeg, Help Me To Review/criticize My Blog by nlPoster: 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Use Wamp Server To View Joomla Templates / Bloggers With Google Adsense Whatsapp Group! Drop Your Contact / Top 10 Best Google Adsense Alternatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.