Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / . (684 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Ikkitenrio(m): 9:59pm On Jan 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: . by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
I looked up your past posts and came across your CV

https://codeninja.ml/

Your CV is very poor to be honest. Your portfolio also doesn't look like someone that has 4 years of any experience. Work on your CV first. If you aren't getting interviews that's a problem. Fix that first.

Your GitHub also says you created your first repo in 2022. So where's the 4 years experience?

1 Like

Re: . by LikeAking: 11:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Your CV is very poor to be honest. Your portfolio also doesn't look like someone that has 4 years of any experience. Work on your CV first. If you aren't getting interviews that's a problem. Fix that first.

Your GitHub also says you created your first repo in 2022. So where's the 4 years experience?

Baba u fit check mine?
Re: . by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
LikeAking:

Baba u fit check mine?

Yeah men no problem.

2 Likes

Re: . by QuantumR: 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ikkitenrio:
So I'm a programmer with 4 year experience, I've built websites and apps, but the thing is, whenever i apply for jobs, i get rejected, now I'm facing family problems and financial crisis, I've lost motivation to code for weeks now
I will personally not look at your CV twice. "Senior Developer" title comes with years of credible experience. Your claims are not just adding up.

my2centAdvice:
Be humble, learn and build atleast 2 noteable projects of your own (ecommerce, any management systems etc.). Then run like 2 free website for upcoming businesses/startups ( Just to make your CV look rich ).
When you do this, you will realize that you don't really need a portfolio website to get a job. I don't have one

6 Likes

Re: . by Ikkitenrio(m): 8:42am On Jan 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I've been building projects wayy before i knew github, i really didn't know github till 2022, i will send you a mail sir, please help me out.
Re: . by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:09am On Jan 10, 2023
Ikkitenrio:

I've been building projects wayy before i knew github, i really didn't know github till 2022, i will send you a mail sir, please help me out.

This doesn't translate to 4 years experience.
Re: . by JoyousFurnitire(m): 11:38am On Jan 10, 2023
QuantumR:

you don't really need a portfolio website to get a job. I don't have one

Tell us about it, how do you get jobs without a portfolio site?

OP where do you reside?
Re: . by qtguru(m): 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ikkitenrio:
So I'm a programmer with 4 year experience, I've built websites and apps, but the thing is, whenever i apply for jobs, i get rejected, now I'm facing family problems and financial crisis, I've lost motivation to code for weeks now

How come? how many projects do you have?

1 Like

Re: . by airsaylongcome: 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

This doesn't translate to 4 years experience.

Says a lot about them, keeping in touch with trends. I opened my derelict github account in 2013 and someone who started coding in 2018 did not know of github? What were they learning coding with? Nigerian University handout?
Re: . by QuantumR: 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2023
qtguru:

How come? how many projects do you have?
As at when I got my first job I had just two which I did for free for two different standups/business. I have a section on my cv titled portfolio projects.
One of the guy I did the free website for linked me up with where I currently work (Karma is bvtch, just make sure she is beautiful), a well known international crypto platform. your guess is right
Re: . by QuoteJustOnce: 1:23am On Jan 11, 2023
JoyousFurnitire:

Tell us about it, how do you get jobs without a portfolio site?

OP where do you reside?

He's not lying. I don't have one either. My circle of friends too. None of us do.
Re: . by airsaylongcome: 1:28am On Jan 11, 2023
It's like OP didn’t like the roasting
Re: . by JoyousFurnitire(m): 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2023
QuoteJustOnce:

He's not lying. I don't have one either. My circle of friends too. None of us do.

I didn't mention that he lied na undecided

I only want him to share with us how, please do.
Re: . by JoyousFurnitire(m): 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2023
QuantumR:

As at when I got my first job I had just two which I did for free for two different standups/business. I have a section on my cv title portfolio projects.
One of the guy I did the free website for linked me up with where I currently work (Karma is bvtch, just make sure she is beautiful), a well none international crypto platform. your guess is right

Hmm okay, are still at your first workplace?

If no, how do you still go about not having a portfolio.
Re: . by QuoteJustOnce: 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2023
JoyousFurnitire:

I didn't mention that he lied na undecided

I only want him to share with us how, please do.

I wasn't necessarily referring to you saying "he lied". Just for the Judases who might think "he lied", ya dig?
Of course, I once had a portfolio that somebody saw and liked. And that was it; since then all my jobs have been via referrals.
There were practically no interviews in the sense of it; I would call them 2-way technical dialogues as the jobs were pretty much assured as I was strongly recommended. I never bothered to update the portfolio ever since.
And then I had one solo where I applied myself. My resume was enough for them as it contained contacts of those I had worked with in times past and nobody bothered asking for a portfolio. And that's how it has remained till today.

caveat emptor: don't be like me

2 Likes

Re: . by JoyousFurnitire(m): 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2023
QuoteJustOnce:

I wasn't necessarily referring to you saying "he lied". Just for the Judases who might think "he lied", ya dig?
Of course, I once had a portfolio that somebody saw and liked. And that was it; since then all my jobs have been via referrals.
There were practically no interviews in the sense of it; I would call them 2-way technical dialogues as the jobs were pretty much assured as I was strongly recommended. I never bothered to update the portfolio ever since.
And then I had one solo where I applied myself. My resume was enough for them as it contained contacts of those I had worked with in times past and nobody bothered asking for a portfolio. And that's how it has remained till today.

caveat emptor: don't be like me

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Naira.com / Please Can Some1 Convert This To Date For Me? / How Do I Use This In Several Programs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.