Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Which Web Framework Do You Use? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Web Framework Do You Use? (1105 Views)

Best PHP Framework For Application Development? / What Development Chain Do You Use For C++? / Which Php Framework Do You Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Web Framework Do You Use? by alexis(m): 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2008
Hi guys,

I am certain a couple of us make use of the numerous web frameworks in various languages out there, please list the web framework you use and why you like it. It can be in any language. Also include the link to the web framework

I use

cakephp = www.cakephp.org. Cake makes building web apps a breeze, it follows the MVC paradigm so that you can structure and scale your app. It uses no complex XML config files to edit, cake directory structure is simple, you put cake in your webroot and you are rocking, it uses both php4 and php5, No Configuration - Set-up the database and let the magic begin, OO - Whether you are a seasoned object-oriented programmer or a beginner, you'll feel comfortable.

I use a two other frameworks but I will list them later.
Re: Which Web Framework Do You Use? by emeke123(m): 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2008
I use the microsoft frame work.

ASP.NET 2.0, programming with .NET programming tools. smiley

I start with Classic ASP then moved up to .Net all with extensive database background using Microsofy SQL Server,
Re: Which Web Framework Do You Use? by gawkless: 7:48pm On Jul 30, 2008
Started with ASP.NET, quickly moved to open source to allow more flexibility in the real world.

Cakephp, for php, best port of Ruby on Rails coding ethics. Best implementation of "neat" PHP code.

I use Zope framework, built using python (pure OO language).

I Build my sites using Plone, a content management system built ontop of Zope framework

Plenty of good, well supported stuff out there. One rarely needs to reinvent the wheel anymore.
Re: Which Web Framework Do You Use? by alexis(m): 11:23pm On Jul 30, 2008
Zend is good, never tried it yet, loving cakephp and every part of it. Let me kow how it goes.
Re: Which Web Framework Do You Use? by skima(m): 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2008
I have used PRADO, Joomla and Zend framework.

I used PRADO cos i had ASP background but later when discovered joomla, i choosed cos of the ease of CMS deployment. I tested ZF at the starting stage, so it had little features at the time so i sticked with joomla.

Recent i downloaded new version of ZF and am in love with it. It vast and standardized with various APIs. I wanna do a big project (portal) and i dont want to engage much in the programming (cos i will be handling lot of business side of the portal) i need to choose btw the two.

If I had time I will stick with ZF else JOOMLA.
Re: Which Web Framework Do You Use? by alexis(m): 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2008
Heard zend is good, haven't tried it yet. Is joomla a framework, always thot of it as a CMS. Have you ever used wesitebaker? that's a super CMS.

(1) (Reply)

The Best/relevant It Course In Nigeria / C Programs / Plz Apart From NIIT, Any Other IT Institute In PH.. Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.