Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 23. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 23. (121 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 23. by PastorSomba(m): 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 23.

Romans 3:27-31 (KJV) "Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law."

23. Like the case of the first Adam, God did all the work for five days and on the sixth day created man and handed over everything to him. So also now in this new creation God in Christ has done all the work and is calling us to enter into rest by faith and recieve all things. The preaching of the gospel is a call to all mankind to cease from all works of righteousness and the works of the flesh and come into rest in Christ Jesus.

Faith is a state of rest. In Christ Jesus all things are ours. Faith pleases God because it is an acknowledgement that Christ has done all the work and I am here to take that which Christ laboured for. It gives God and the Lord Jesus great pleasure to see us receive by faith and enjoy all that Jesus laboured for because neither God nor Jesus needs them. He got it all for us. Jesus got it all for us to rule and reign in life here and now. But unfortunately many believers are more interested in making it to heaven than living by faith here and enjoying heaven on earth.

Even though the law was not of faith the revelation of faith did not and does not make the law null and void rather faith working through love establishes that the law was good and spiritual in all divine intent. The Spirit of the law was based on divine love. The law coming from God was not evil and was not given to destroy man but the law was given so that man can come to the end of himself and seek God for Salvation. The law was to show man that there is nothing he can ever do of his own effort, righteousness and holiness that can save him or make him right with God. If the law had not come before the revelation of grace and faith, man would have felt he did not need a saviour that he was capable of working his way to please God.

Even now we still see many religions of men seeking to please God despite the law and the revelation of Christ. But the law by the failure of any man to keep it except Jesus, condemned everyone to death, which death Jesus died on our behalf in fulfillment of the law of sin and death. When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour we are indirectly admiting that the law failed to make us righteous or be acceptable to God. It is an acknowledgement that we could not keep the law and that we are taking refuge in Jesus Christ who had kept and fulfilled all the law on our behalf. Having accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour it is now an abomination for you to go back again to the law as a means of righteousness and holiness. Hence Paul said it amounted to nullifying all that Christ did for you. God bless you. Genesis 1:1-28; Matthew 5:17; 11:28-29; 22:36-40; 28:18-20; Hebrews 3:18; 4:11-12; 11:6; Ephesians 1:3-23; 1Corinthians 3:21-23; Romans 10:1-17; 13:8-10; 1Timothy 6:17; Galatians 5:6;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Walking With Authority / Jesus, The Wisdom Of God. / Your Thought Pattern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.