Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper (4765 Views)

Gtbank Commences “instant Account Opening” On Facebook / Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation / Compact Disc Mass Production (2) (3) (4)

Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by macjive01: 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2011
The efforts of Enugu State Government to promote agriculture and boost food production have continued to yield good results with the cultivation of more than eighty hectares of pepper and rice farm at Songhai graduate farm settlement at Adani, Uzo-Uwani Council area.
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf7c3i7OZQYYZQnPR0L_5k1V0A1k_JDejc8WplqTVxL7K04qhc[/img]

The cultivated hectares of land in the farm settlement being managed by the state government sponsored graduate farmers, is made up of twenty hectares of pepper and sixty hectares of rice farm as well as poultry sections, fish pound and orchard.

Speaking during an inspection tour of the farm, the State Governor, Mr. Sullivan Chime described it as one of the practical demonstration of his

http://www.imostateforum.com/index.html/index.php?topic=348.0
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by efisher(m): 7:28pm On Sep 04, 2011
Well done Chime.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by Afam4eva(m): 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2011
Enugu is taking a cue from Ebonyi that has been producing rice for a long time. I think southern Nigeria should take agriculture very serious.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by ektbear: 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2011
When did Hausaland even grow rice? That comes from the middle belt, or is imported.

Pepper, probably so, rice no.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by Afam4eva(m): 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

When did Hausaland even grow rice? That comes from the middle belt, or is imported.

Pepper, probably so, rice no.

When someone says Hausaland,it simply means the north. That's the ignorance that southerners have been living with.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by seanet02: 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2011
Stop deceiving yourselves.
Enugu can not produce a tenth of what Ofada town produces in ten years talkless of producing enough to eat.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by macjive01: 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2011
where is ofada town in ?
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by Afam4eva(m): 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2011
macjive01:

where is ofada town in ?

Ogun state. Never knew rice is produced there.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by seanet02: 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2011
afam4eva:

Ogun state. Never knew rice is produced there.
yet you live in lagos? Disappointed in you not knowing that ofada town in ogun state produces rice
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by Afam4eva(m): 8:34pm On Sep 04, 2011
seanet02:

yet you live in lagos? Disappointed in you not knowing that ofada town in ogun state produces rice

Thanks for opening my eyes. I never would have known that where many lagosians are buying land is actually a rice producing town. Lagosians must love rice to want to move there.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by SouthEast1: 9:24pm On Sep 04, 2011
Who eats Ofada rice except poor Yorubas? Ofada rice is nothing but stone-filled, badly processed, cheap rice. Even Abakaliki rice is far better. 90% of the rice consumed in Nigeria are imported.

Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by SouthEast1: 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2011
Abakaliki is also the food basket of southern Nigeria. The city has been a leading producer of processed rice, yam, and cassava for decades.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abakaliki

Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by Relax101(m): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2011
Op

Ebonyi has been producing rice in large quantities ever since I was born.
My uncle used to buy rice in large quantities from ebonyi to sell in some parts of oyo and ogun state.

Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by ektbear: 10:08pm On Sep 04, 2011
South-East:

Who eats Ofada rice except poor Yorubas? Ofada rice is nothing but stone-filled, badly processed, cheap rice. Even Abakaliki rice is far better. 90% of the rice consumed in Nigeria are imported.

Ofada is pretty delicious, imo. I enjoyed eating it this past Christmas break.

It doesn't have to have stones, just pay a bit more money.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by Beaf: 11:06pm On Sep 04, 2011
IMHO, parts of the SE has the most fertile land in the South. I'm talking from a laymans point of view based on the massive sizes of fruit in areas like Nsukka, Ogidi, Npkor etc.

I wonder why much is done toward commercial farming in the area. We could export banana's, mango's, cashew nuts etc.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by ezeagu(m): 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2011
afam4eva:

When someone says Hausaland,it simply means the north. That's the ignorance that southerners have been living with.

The funny thing is that this "Hausaland" is probably Benue, the northern neighbour of Enugu state.

Beaf:

IMHO, parts of the SE has the most fertile land in the South. I'm talking from a laymans point of view based on the massive sizes of fruit in areas like Nsukka, Ogidi, Npkor etc.

I wonder why much is done toward commercial farming in the area. We could export banana's, mango's, cashew nuts etc.

Anioma land (Delta) is also VERY fertile, especially with yams.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by Dede1(m): 2:19am On Sep 05, 2011
seanet02:

Enugu can not produce a tenth of what Ofada town produces in ten years talkless of producing enough to eat.

Sometimes I am tempted to give you well deserved applause as a comedian. Were you normal when you referred the poison from Ofada town as rice?
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by htajz: 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2011
Beaf your right I enjoy those cashews,udala and corn from the south east
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by Princek12(m): 3:08am On Sep 06, 2011
It looks like this project is being managed by the state government, which I do not support. Government has no business in agriculture production. Government should empower the private sector--farmers, entrepreneurs, etc--to engage in mechanized farming. History has shown that all these "government projects" are not sustainable, and I will not support a project that is not sustainable.

This project is straight BS and is nothing more than a band aid project. My 2 cents.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by DaLover(m): 8:36am On Sep 06, 2011
seanet02:

Yes oo, nothing must overtake Lagos and SW,
Wetin dey even give Enugu govt the liver? They should wait for the oduduwa republic governments to be tthe best of the best of the best in every endeavour,

Superiority Complex, what a shame
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by Ournaija: 9:25am On Sep 06, 2011
DaLover:

Wetin dey even give Enugu govt the liver? They should wait for the oduduwa republic governments to be tthe best of the best of the best in every endeavour,

liv am na foolish boi grin grin grin
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by splitnaija(m): 9:43am On Sep 06, 2011
Very encouraging. Let's diversify our economy pls.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by lillyveezy: 9:45am On Sep 06, 2011

AM SURE U DONT KNOW HOW TO POST, ELSE U WONT THUMB UP SUCH COMMENT. SORRY THOUGH THIS IS THE TYPE OF NEW GENERATION NAIJA CAN BOAST OF.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by otondo55: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2011

Nice one Chime !

If the project will be handed over to private sector

instead of government management, it will be better.

Considering nonchalant(na government work nah or national cake),

non maintenance culture and change of government.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by Somatic(m): 10:43am On Sep 06, 2011
lillyveezy:

AM SURE U DONT KNOW HOW TO POST, ELSE U WONT THUMB UP SUCH COMMENT. SORRY THOUGH THIS IS THE TYPE OF NEW GENERATION NAIJA CAN BOAST OF.

I hope you've heard of the term "sarcasm" #smh
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by adamaw2tuf: 10:57am On Sep 06, 2011
WOW!PEOPLE HAVE ALLOWED THEMSELVES TO HAVE ISSUES WITH EVERY THING AS LONG AS IT HAS TO DO WITH PEOPLE THEY DONT WISH WELL,THIS IS ABOUT A STATE IN YOUR COUNTRY THAT IS TRYING TO DO SOMETHING POSITIVE HERE AND YET YOU ARE SAYING ONE SHOULD STOP DECEIVING HIM/HERSELF.AND YOUR POINT IS IGNORANCE OR WHAT?
seanet02:

Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 06, 2011
don't mind seanet02, he is a complete fool
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by favouredjb(f): 11:46am On Sep 06, 2011
they must tur everything into a tribal war,idiots

is there any major party where ofada rice is not served specially?

and someone here is calling it poison smh
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by nagoma(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2011
The efforts of Enugu State Government to promote agriculture and boost food production have continued to yield good results with the cultivation of more than eighty hectares of pepper and rice farm at Songhai graduate farm settlement at Adani, Uzo-Uwani Council area

Good! more decent thasn the drug courier business and the kidnapping.
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by peleson: 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2011
Agricultural produce like palm can do well in the south-south, especially in Rivers state.Delta State is known for her prowess in cassava production and palm fruits too, I think,much emphasis should be on satisfying our domestic market with a flowchart and a long-term plan of increasing the production capacity to satisfy some other countries that are of our interest, Also having reserved capacity for increase demand should be of maximum focus if we aim at getting something tangible as regards to foreign exchange, In this regard, the state,federal ministry of agriculture should have a detailed plan and enough agricultural extension officers to educate most of our farmers on the importance and how loan can be accessible to them as to help transform their cruel way of farming to a near mechanize one if not a mechanize form of farming
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by HighChief4(m): 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
Nice one Chime, Keep doing the good work, the Lord is your strength
Re: Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper by madampresident(f): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2011
house we need contact wt imo govt.a management cosulting firm wants to revive imo mordern poultry farm at avutu.

I Need A Loan Of 30,000 / Breaking News:see How Vera Sidika Makes Her Money .VERY SHOCKING: / Drinks And Aquadana Water For Sale At Whole Sale Price