Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (165555 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by harmeenart(f): 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
maclatunji:

P. S: See my spelling of "Mushyness", I would not want to offend my Mushin people. #Hehehe
You are forgiven.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
harmeenart:
Author: Muhammad Mustafa Al-jibaly
Books:
The Fragile Vessels: Rights & Obligations between the Spouses in Islam
Closer than a Garment: Marital Intimacy according to the Pure Sunnah
The Quest for Love & Mercy: Regulations for Wedding & Marriage in Islam
Our Precious Sprouts : Islamic Regulations for Newborns
The Dreamer's Handbook: Sleep Etiquettes & Dream Interpretation
Visit www.goodreads.com or kalamullah.com. It might be helpful.

many thanks
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
harmeenart:
You are forgiven.

Ha! Mama Niyen...awon ti Ojuwoye/Idioro/Avenue/Amun. More blessing, nothing do you. #LOL
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by harmeenart(f): 11:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
maclatunji:

Ha! Mama Niyen...awon ti Ojuwoye/Idioro/Avenue/Amun. More blessing, nothing do you. #LOL

I couldnt help laughing.
Abi o, awa niyen o.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 7:41am On Dec 30, 2013
Sisters, please do your homework before marriage. Do not let your feelings becloud judgement. I know you already like him but women bear the brunt of a bad relationship. Once, the honeymoon phase wears off, real issues arise. And it does wear off. It is difficult to be a woman and you deserve the best man to support you.

May Allah bless my sisters.

Brothers:

Our righteous women are the best things in the world. Treat them as such.

The messenger of Allah said: The world is but (a quick passing) enjoyment and the best enjoyment is a pious and virtuous woman.
(Muslim)

May Allah make us the best husbands.

Assalamu aleikum.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by DMainMan: 8:17am On Dec 30, 2013
Salam'alaekum.

Y is it dat most sisters dont wanna woo a brother they like. It is halal in Islam. I am not saying you should meet him directly but u can simply tell his close freind or an Alfa to tell him.

However, make sure d guy is matured and Islamically oriented odawise he might wanna take advantage.

I av observed most nice and God -fearing Muslim men are very shy and lack confidence in approaching the opposite sex. He likes u but doesnt know how to convince u cos of confidence. It isnt o. That is why most tend to use arrangee method to seek for wife which is also good.

May Allah guide us all. Amin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kayword(m): 8:30am On Dec 30, 2013
maclatunji:

I'll say...

You'll say what...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 9:56am On Dec 30, 2013
kayword:

You'll say what...

Kindly visit this link http://www.yourdictionary.com/i-ll-say
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 30, 2013
tbaba1234: Sisters, please do your homework before marriage. Do not let your feelings becloud judgement. I know you already like him but women bear the brunt of a bad relationship. Once, the honeymoon phase wears off, real issues arise. And it does wear off. It is difficult to be a woman and you deserve the best man to support you.

Brothers:

The messenger of Allah said: The world is but (a quick passing) enjoyment and the best enjoyment is a pious and virtuous woman.
(Muslim)

Assalamu aleikum.

wa alaykum Salam
A sister and a brother were planning on getting married; but after a while, the sister quit, because she felt the man was not serious about making things formal on time, and the mans family was also interfering so much in their decision-making.
After 5 weeks, the man came back to the lady again, so that they might solve the problems and plan on getting married. All the while, the mans family had been searching for another sister for the man, and had warned him not to contact the runaway sister again. Now, the lady is confused because she feels the man's family didn't try enough to solve the problem before starting to look for someone else for him. The man is adamant on having her back, because he feels everything was his fault. should she marry the man, hoping that everything will be sorted out, or stand on her decision, considering that the family might not welcome her wholeheartedly?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
^No. You don't just marry an individual, you marry a family.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
am33rah:
wa alaykum Salam
A sister and a brother were planning on getting married; but after a while, the sister quit, because she felt the man was not serious about making things formal on time, and the mans family was also interfering so much in their decision-making.
After 5 weeks, the man came back to the lady again, so that they might solve the problems and plan on getting married. All the while, the mans family had been searching for another sister for the man, and had warned him not to contact the runaway sister again. Now, the lady is confused because she feels the man's family didn't try enough to solve the problem before starting to look for someone else for him. The man is adamant on having her back, because he feels everything was his fault. should she marry the man, hoping that everything will be sorted out, or stand on her decision, considering that the family might not welcome her wholeheartedly?

I do not know the level of 'interference' but it is important to include both families in decision making at this stage.

I have the feeling that she might have over-reacted and offended the family.

What the family did was normal.

Right now, it depends on the man.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
tbaba1234:

I do not know the level of 'interference' but it is important to include both families in decision making at this stage.

As far as I know, there hasn't been any formal sitting between both families. Just that when the man and the lady decide on a way regarding the marriage, the man comes back with a different say after consulting his family.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 3:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
am33rah:
As far as I know, there hasn't been any formal sitting between both families. Just that when the man and the lady decide on a way regarding the marriage, the man comes back with a different say after consulting his family.

It looks like early days, but if she is interested in his proposal then there should be a meeting with the families even informally.

That way, everyone is aware.

That should be one of the first things. She should make sure that happens.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Fulaman198(m): 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
PHEMIEY:

Being with the RIGHT person is better than being alone...

Hard to find the right person. Sometimes you may like someone a lot, but that same person does not reciprocate the same sentiments.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
shocked !!! You dont do women?
toba:

pathetic. Im not high on anything.

FYI im a good xtian that doesnt drink, smoke or go to parties/club, neither do i do women.

In the real world, i dont even have a close frind cos i dont like it. I only Play on NL and FB.

So get that clear
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Herbiodun09: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
DMainMan: Salam'alaekum.

Y is it dat most sisters dont wanna woo a brother they like. It is halal in Islam. I am not saying you should meet him directly but u can simply tell his close freind or an Alfa to tell him.

However, make sure d guy is matured and Islamically oriented odawise he might wanna take advantage.

I av observed most nice and God -fearing Muslim men are very shy and lack confidence in approaching the opposite sex. He likes u but doesnt know how to convince u cos of confidence. It isnt o. That is why most tend to use arrangee method to seek for wife which is also good.

lol... Someone should answer now... for those of us that are shy
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kayword(m): 7:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
maclatunji:

Kindly visit this link http://www.yourdictionary.com/i-ll-say

Got it. The ... made it seem like you didnt complete the sentence
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kayword(m): 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
am33rah:
wa alaykum Salam

She should try to know why the family wouldnt want her in the first place. If they are unable to accept her before marriage, it wont be good for their relationship in the long run.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 4:57am On Dec 31, 2013
PHEMIEY:

Being with the RIGHT person is better than being alone...
Seconded.Noone's an island and there are various opportunities that are abounded by being associative but one just have to be selective so that he/she might not go astray!!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 5:00am On Dec 31, 2013
tbaba1234: Sisters, please do your homework before marriage. Do not let your feelings becloud judgement. I know you already like him but women bear the brunt of a bad relationship. Once, the honeymoon phase wears off, real issues arise. And it does wear off. It is difficult to be a woman and you deserve the best man to support you.

Brothers:

(Muslim)

Assalamu aleikum.

AMIN
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 5:17am On Dec 31, 2013
DMainMan: Salam'alaekum.

Amin bro,this is my thought too.The reasons are not far-fetched: One of the most grave mistakes our sisters make is spouse.This is somewhat due to arrogance.A sister that like a particular trait(s) about a brother and she knows that if they could be married,it'll be good for her,she stays back and wait for the brother proposal which might not be forthcoming @ d end.The reason 4 dis is d@ dey av many suitors.To our sisters,marriage is not a thing u can just go in and come back,it involves a lot of things expecially patience and it's not all that glitters is Gold!!!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 5:35am On Dec 31, 2013
am33rah:
wa alaykum Salam
I think this is where communication works in a relationship.B4 the sista took such decision,has she discussed it with the brother?It's possible that that habit is one of his weakness.But from the way u said it above,she took the decision unilaterally.Life now has gone beyond 'just married'.It entails a lot of things even what u can't discuss with your parents,you should be able and feel free to discuss it with your spouse.I blame the sista her(she sould change asap)!about interfering also,they should talk also.What's the guarantee th@ she'll meet a better person by jettisoning the said broda @list dere's something that got her attracted to the broda in the 1st instance
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 5:39am On Dec 31, 2013
tbaba1234:

If it's interfering on day to day activities,it's bad,if odawise,it is still ok!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 5:42am On Dec 31, 2013
am33rah:
Is d@ a man??
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 6:14am On Dec 31, 2013
baba11: If it's interfering on day to day activities,it's bad,if odawise,it is still ok!

What are day to day activities?? They are not married or even close..

I made that comment thinking they were already on the path to marriage and she pulled out but the families haven't even met.

It is too early to even be talking about interfering when she has no ground to stand on.

What she should do is to get the boy's parents to visit hers and the boy to speak to her father.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 6:56am On Dec 31, 2013
The below is by sheikh kamal el mekki.

Asalamu Alaykum Everyone,

There is a glass of water on a table. A brother walks up, points to it and knowing that it's water, says, "This is Haram to drink".

There is a glass of wine on a table. A brother walks up, points to it and knowing that it's wine, says, "This is Halal to drink".

Which is more serious? Answer with ONE WORD only.

Only write "water" or "wine".
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kayword(m): 7:42am On Dec 31, 2013
Wine
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by bbkkatunxo: 8:39am On Dec 31, 2013
Water
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by harmeenart(f): 9:10am On Dec 31, 2013
Wine
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 10:07am On Dec 31, 2013
Water
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 11:20am On Dec 31, 2013
Water is the answer. To make halal haram is more serious than to make haram halal.

Courtesy Sheikh Kamal el Mekki.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2013
A brother wrote this on whatsapp.
The Quest

Having a good partner could be so PLEASURABLE.
It's a pity people's way of life is so QUESTIONABLE.
Many men but few are HONOURABLE.
Many ladies but few are MARRIAGEABLE.
The best woman is the righteous and not only the ADORABLE

Having known this life is full of TEST,
Coupled with the fact that in my family I am the third to the FIRST,
Being the third doesn’t mean I shouldn’t get the BEST

So, I thought it’s high we organized a FEST
A fest of nothing more than a QUEST.

A quest for the future wife that will treat me like a PET
But in my search I discovered they (Women) are like PESTs,
Except the few of them that believe in Allah will treat men like PETs.

Imagine the struggle and hustle men go through aren’t we suppose to get the BEST?
I am happy there exist some of them are ready to treat men like a PET.

Honestly, it’s a great TEST
To get the BEST amongst the REST

The good man and the good woman is a good combination that equals the BEST

The bachelors should also be good too in order to get the best among the REST
So that in the long run we will say ALHAMDULILLAHI we got the BEST.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.