Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? (41790 Views)

Java Vs C# Which Do You Prefer? / Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? / Java Vs C Sharp (2) (3) (4)

Re: Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? by GideonG(m): 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
I know PHP very well and ever since I moved to java I never looked back
Java is clean and Amazing.

I use Java to develop Android Apps. Mobile App development is the future.
Re: Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? by elvis10ten(m): 6:54am On Jun 25, 2013
Beaf:

Compared to .NET and Java, PHP is a mere toy, period. cool

As for the "reference manual" manual thingy, its part of the high level of discipline every developer must cultivate. While there are some pretty good PHP developers, most tend to be cut and join. This is reflected in the fact that PHP websites have the poorest security levels on average; give me a PHP site and I'm 95% certain I can break in and steal the database within a few minutes without breaking into a sweat.

Nice point @ beaf. I wonder how people read, he said 95% of php sites, those sites listed by omo_to_dun happen to be among the 5%. Nevertheless, i don't care if he can hack or not but the fact remains most php site are insecure i found that on a website i was reading about security some time ago.
Re: Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? by Danyl(m): 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
This thread is stil moving...that's interesting. As a poster said up there, java could be adapted by android devices afta conversion..and one interesting thing is that if u cn write in java u can make an android versn out of it bt php cannot b converted into such, i stand 2b correct.
Re: Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? by tokjohn: 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
binkabir:

OGA BEAF, UNCLE BEAF, Mr BEAF, MASTER BEAF, DR BEAF and HONOURABLE BEAFFFFFFFFFFFF
We stilllllllllllllllllllllllllll the wait for you ho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue

Facebook Security Bug Exposed Personal Account Information, Emails And Phone Numbers, Six Million Accounts Affected
From: http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/21/facebook-security-bug-exposed-personal-account-information-emails-and-phone-numbers-six-million-accounts-affected/
Re: Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
blacksta: Can anyone recommend a beginners book in php

go to youtube type "php tutorial beginners", loads will be made available.
Re: Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? by Pins(m): 9:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
Every language is meant to accomplish a purpose.php is meant for web apps while java is built for multiplatformic purposes.a good programmer should be able to analyze problems and profer solutions this includes choosing the right language to solve it.
Re: Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? by techwizard(m): 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
blacksta: Can anyone recommend a beginners book in php
yeah if you need some books on any programming language I will give you for free just email ordrizzy@gmail.com

What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?! / Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time / How Much Will It Cost Me To Design a mobile APP In Nigeria