Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 24. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 24. (107 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 24. by PastorSomba(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 24.

Romans 8:1-6 (KJV) "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."

24. The Blood of Jesus Is The Price for The Revelation of Faith: The next reason why faith was not revealed in the old testament was because the blood of Jesus had not yet paid, purchased and redeemed all things. The old testament contained promises of what was to come not what is. Faith is not based on what is to come but in what is already yours. For example in Ephesians 1:3 (KJV) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Note that the blessings here are in past tense, hence faith is always now ready to receive what the word has already provided. It was only after Jesus and His blood had fulfilled the law and had accomplished all things for us that we can now by faith receive all that are already ours in Christ.

Where there is sin there cannot be faith. Unbelief is the opposite of faith. Sin is the first son of unbelief. Where there is unbelief there will always be sin. Every sin begins with unbelief. Where there is no unbelief there will never be sin. Where there is no unbelief there is faith. As sin is the first son of unbelief, so righteousness is the first son of faith. Faith is the absence of sin. As long as there was sin in the world, faith cannot be revealed. Sin and faith don't go together but the law and sin go together. As long as the law caused sin to abound and made men sinners, it was impossible for faith to be revealed. But after the blood of Jesus came and removed sin permanently forever by fulfilling and setting aside the law, grace came, through grace faith was revealed and through faith righteousness was revealed. There cannot be a vacuum. Ephesians 2:8 (KJV) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Romans 1:16-17 (KJV) "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith."

As long as the law and sin were present in the world the righteousness of God could not be revealed. Jesus had to die and by His blood to put an end to the law and sin so that righteousness can begin to reign in life through faith. Romans 5:12-13, 17, 20-21 (KJV) "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.....17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.).....20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord."

The wages of sin is death. The law promoted not only sin but also death. Sin is of the flesh, death is also of the flesh. Grace is of the spirit, life is of the spirit. Faith is of the spirit. As long as all men were in sin and spiritually dead, faith cannot be revealed. Where there is death there is no faith because sin and death are one and same. As long as the law of sin and death was in operation on earth it was impossible for faith to be revealed. As long as all men were dead in Adam faith cannot be revealed. The dead have no faith, there is no faith in the land of the dead. Faith is only available for the living. After death comes judgement. As long as all men were spiritually dead, faith cannot be revealed. Dead spirits cannot have faith or live by faith or walk by faith. A dead spirit cannot even hear the word of God. By the resurrection of Jesus death was abolished. Now because of Christ there is life and the spirits of men can now hear according to the hearing of faith. Until Jesus rose from the dead and purchased salvation for all human spirits, there was no hearing of faith. Faith comes only by hearing. Where there is no hearing there is no faith. God bless you. 1Corinthians 3:21-23; 5:17,19,21; Ephesians 1:3,7; 2:11-14; Colossians 1:13-22; 2:12-15; Romans 1:16-17; 3:19-26; 4:13-16; 5:1-2,12-21; 6:23; 8:1-2; 10:17; 14:23; Hebrews 2:14-15; 3:18-19; 4:1-6,16; 9:12; 10:19; 11:1,6; 2Timothy 1:10; John 6:63; 11:25-26; Genesis 3:1-8; 1Timothy 1:9-10;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Tuesday, January 24,2023 / Confusion! / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 48.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.