Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,698 members, 7,955,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case (2407 Views)

Ben Bruce Commends Judiciary, Says We Must Follow The Jonathan Doctrine / Apostle Suleman: Shameless Igbos! The Problems Of Igbos Are Igbos (Video) / How APC Is Giving Saraki ‘the Jonathan Treatment’ – Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by OldNairalander(m): 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2023
Guy it's not every thread we must respond to.
Your comment gives more oxygen to their foolishness.
The op is a confirm urchin trying the long bursted divide and rule tactics

DSC7:
You are kinda right and wrong at thesame time...

Right in the sense that igbos stood up, supported and defended Jonathan despite all the insults....

You are wrong by saying SS are not also doing same for Peter Obi..

South South carry Peter Obi for head pass igbos forget what you see online...

Most people i have asked who they will vote for are from Northern Nigeria, though majority are Christians and they are all rooting for Peter Obi,,,

SE no too carry Peter Obi for head like other regions...

4 Likes

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by techWriter3: 11:13pm On Jan 10, 2023
Most Nigerians they toxic
Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by seeyounow: 11:30pm On Jan 10, 2023
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by gidgiddy: 11:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
valicious1:
Check any thread where there's an argument pertaining Obi's obvious emergence as the president of Nigeria, it is always mostly between Igbos going against yorubas/hausas. Other regions are always silent and rarely come to the defense of the pro Obi Igbos

Now compare it to GEJ's era. Igbos also came all out for Jonathan, supported him both on and offline thereby making themselves enemies of yorubas/hausas.

Igbos were even more in the front line during Jonathan's era and took all the ferocious bullets and bullying meant for the Ijaws/SS/ Niger Delta.
Igbos did all these in the spirit of brotherhood and fair play.

Now an Igbo man is in the hot seat. Our Ijaw neighbours are near- silent. The battle has been left for the Igbos alone to fight.
Just a few SS are vocal enough in their support for Obi.

Let us all try to be our brother's keepers. We have a common enemy which is the APC

Look man, there is no tribe called South South or Niger Delta and the Nigerian constitution does not recognize anything called South South or South Eaat

The fact is that most Igbos saw Jonathan as a brother and supported him, regardless

If any tribe does not see Igbos as brothers, fairplay, it is not by force

In life, you stay close to those who are down with you, turn your back on those who are not down with you

Life goes on

4 Likes

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by IGBOSON1: 12:19am On Jan 11, 2023
Mfetenang:
Wetin concern South South with Igbos?
We are not brothers,stop the attachment and learn to be independent. After oppressing the southern minorities during the era of the Eastern Region you really expect sympathy from us?
The southern minorities have always felt more comfortable with Hausa/Fulani presidential candidates because we trust them more and we're voting PDP.
STOP BEGGING, WE DON'T LIKE YOU.

Learn to speak for your Igbo-hating, bigoted self! Is south-south an ethnicity....is it ethnically homogeneous? Just how TF did the Igbo 'oppress southern minorities during the era of the eastern region'? You saying you have more knowledge of the situation on ground at the time than the Willinks commission that absolved the Igbo of those malicious accusations? But more importantly, what now is the lot of said minorities of the region compared to when they were in the Eastern Region?

'Southern minorities feel more comfortable with the Hausa/Fulani presidential candidate' indeed! Where was your hateful ass when Igbo were the strongest support block GEJ (from the said minority area) had in 2011 and 2015, and why didn't you reject said support at the time and instead go looking for friendship with the Hausa/Fulani that 'love' you so much!? Your impostor status couldn't be more glaring and stark!

I'm from said south-south, and a Igbo too! What's your own ethnicity?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Grinch41: 2:55am On Jan 11, 2023
After the consistent invectives on Ijaws here and everywhere,you expect their support?

I suppose you think everyone has a goldfish memory like you.

By the way,Pa Edwin Clark is Ijaw from the SS and has given his support.That should suffice.

The Ijaw bashing threads have reduced recently though since the start of elections grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by ednut1(m): 2:56am On Jan 11, 2023
valicious1:
Check any thread where there's an argument pertaining Obi's obvious emergence as the president of Nigeria, it is always mostly between Igbos going against yorubas/hausas. Other regions are always silent and rarely come to the defense of the pro Obi Igbos

Now compare it to GEJ's era. Igbos also came all out for Jonathan, supported him both on and offline thereby making themselves enemies of yorubas/hausas.

Igbos were even more vocal and in the front line during Jonathan's era and took all the ferocious bullets and bullying meant for the Ijaws/SS/ Niger Delta.

Now an Igbo man is in the hot seat. Our Ijaw neighbours are near- silent. The battle has been left for the Igbos alone to fight.

Let us all try to be our brother's keepers. We have a common enemy which is the APC
if GEJ didn’t get the ticket in 2011 and went to Labour Party. Igbos would have voted pdp still. Stop this false comparisons. While the established parties are working and mobilizing with the various state , senate, house of rep candidates where are labour candidates in the south south
Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Progressiveby: 3:25am On Jan 11, 2023
kk2027:
Most Nigerians, irrespective of tribe are supporting Peter Obi

Personally Im not cut out for all that tribalism stuff

My pastor spoke loud and clear that a sick country cannot be handed to a sick president.

Why should any sane person vote balabu because of tribe

If PYO was on the ballot, we would've considered but not gazelle gagaraga

Wise saying

1 Like

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Ofodirinwa: 3:31am On Jan 11, 2023
valicious1:

Igbos were even more vocal and in the front line during Jonathan's era and took all the ferocious bullets and bullying meant for the Ijaws/SS/ Niger Delta.

if every Ijaw was shouting Obi the man next door wouldn't hear it
Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Ekpeitit(m): 3:48am On Jan 11, 2023
limeta:
Afonja south south and south east are brothers find something else to push your divide and conquer this one is dry .

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Ekpeitit(m): 3:50am On Jan 11, 2023
So Ibibio man is a brother to an Igbo man?
What is the meaning of brother?
Okoro,stop wasting your time,we're voting PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Ekpeitit(m): 3:56am On Jan 11, 2023
The problem with Igbo people is that they think other tribes are stupid when in the real sense,it is the other way around. You say you want SS to vote for an Igbo man,so you're saying that Okoya is not a real Igbo man because he is from Delta?
If Atiku becomes president isn't that a route for Okoya to become president?
South South states prefer PDP,I'm sure the Igbos have enough votes to elect Peter Obi as president, you don't need the votes of the South South people that you were insulting and calling lazy only 5 months ago.

2 Likes

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by CaptainAyub: 5:48am On Jan 11, 2023
dmz1:
I think it is in the nature of Igbos to champion the case of the persecuted and defend the weak and defenceless. It usually gets them into trouble in Nigeria but they always persist instead of learning their lessons.
It may emnates from their culture that generally abhors injustice.
Exactly.
Even when Buhari was hammering the shias, it was Igbos that were vocal about it

2 Likes

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Mfetenang: 6:17am On Jan 11, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Learn to speak for your Igbo-hating, bigoted self! Is south-south an ethnicity....is it ethnically homogeneous? Just how TF did the Igbo 'oppress southern minorities during the era of the eastern region'? You saying you have more knowledge of the situation on ground at the time than the Willinks commission that absolved the Igbo of those malicious accusations? But more importantly, what now is the lot of said minorities of the region compared to when they were in the Eastern Region?

'Southern minorities feel more comfortable with the Hausa/Fulani presidential candidate' indeed! Where was your hateful ass when Igbo were the strongest support block GEJ (from the said minority area) had in 2011 and 2015, and why didn't you reject said support at the time and instead go looking for friendship with the Hausa/Fulani that 'love' you so much!? Your impostor status couldn't be more glaring and stark!

I'm from said south-south, and a Igbo too! What's your own ethnicity?
Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Mfetenang: 6:26am On Jan 11, 2023
I am Ibibio and I can tell you with confidence that Akwa Cross has always voted a Hausa Fulani candidate going
back to the days of NPN,NRC and now PDP and they will be voting PDP.If you doubt me please save this post and come back and argue with me after the elections since you think you know what other tribes are thinking more than the tribes themselves. Your chances of producing an Igbo president is zero.
Maybe you can tell me the last time the minorities of the South South voted for an Igbo presidential candidate, go back to Azikiwe of NPP and Ojuwku of APGA.
By the way,there's no tribe in the South South known as Igbos,so you're definitely not from the South South if your tribe is known as Igbo.
Your abusive language in your previous post is probably the number one reason no other tribe in this country will vote for you, maybe it's a good idea to start building bridges instead of insulting other tribes all the time and then expecting them to vote for you. Democracy is about choice and interest,everyone has the right to vote or not vote for who they like or don't like. In our case,I'm very confident that majority of the South South states will be won by PDP,and I'm not saying that ATIKU will win the presidential election,I'm talking about who will win the South South specifically.SEE YOU AFTER THE ELECTION RESULTS ARE ANNOUNCED.

4 Likes

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Captain8(m): 7:06am On Jan 11, 2023
limeta:
Afonja south south and south east are brothers find something else to push your divide and conquer this one is dry .

how are we brothers?
Can you tell us who gave birth to us?
don't forget to tell us where were born to?
You igbos are making it difficult for us like you, because you lie alot... Simple word like neighbors and you saying brothers.

We are nobody brothers

1 Like

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Captain8(m): 7:09am On Jan 11, 2023
valicious1:

point of correction, APC is not our enemy..
Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by omonnakoda: 7:09am On Jan 11, 2023
Mfetenang:
I am Ibibio and I can tell you with confidence that Akwa Cross has always voted a Hausa Fulani candidate going
back to the days of NPN,NRC and now PDP and they will be voting PDP.If you doubt me please save this post and come back and argue with me after the elections since you think you know what other tribes are thinking more than the tribes themselves. Your chances of producing an Igbo president is zero.
Maybe you can tell me the last time the minorities of the South South voted for an Igbo presidential candidate, go back to Azikiwe of NPP and Ojuwku of APGA.
By the way,there's no tribe in the South South known as Igbos,so you're definitely not from the South South if your tribe is known as Igbo.
Your abusive language in your previous post is probably the number one reason no other tribe in this country will vote for you, maybe it's a good idea to start building bridges instead of insulting other tribes all the time and then expecting them to vote for you. Democracy is about choice and interest,everyone has the right to vote or not vote for who they like or don't like. In our case,I'm very confident that majority of the South South states will be won by PDP,and I'm not saying that ATIKU will win the presidential election,I'm talking about who will win the South South specifically.SEE YOU AFTER THE ELECTION RESULTS ARE ANNOUNCED.
You are correct
Mmong people always vote Fulani
Boyboy is in their DNA
They are good houseboys

2 Likes

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Captain8(m): 7:10am On Jan 11, 2023
beejaay:

always looking for ways to cause fight between brothers...some of the greatest supporters of obi are from the southsouth...una dey try oooo
while the greatest people in south south support Tinubu
Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Mfetenang: 7:14am On Jan 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
You are correct
Mmong people always vote Fulani
Boyboy is in their DNA
They are good houseboys
Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Captain8(m): 7:15am On Jan 11, 2023
Mfetenang:
Wetin concern South South with Igbos?
We are not brothers,stop the attachment and learn to be independent. After oppressing the southern minorities during the era of the Eastern Region you really expect sympathy from us?
The southern minorities have always felt more comfortable with Hausa/Fulani presidential candidates because we trust them more and we're voting PDP.
STOP BEGGING, WE DON'T LIKE YOU.
I wonder o.. I never seen such a shameless people like the igbos....we don disgrace dem taya for public...abi blood nor dey there body?

2 Likes

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Mfetenang: 7:17am On Jan 11, 2023
And Uneghe people are very well known for armed robbery and stealing, that's why we don't like them. They own a spare parts shop in the afternoon and do armed robbery at night, we know you very well,that's why we keep an eye on all of you who come to Uyo to do petty trading. Forget about presidency, it's not for armed robbers.
Ino owo uneghe.

3 Likes

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by beejaay: 7:52am On Jan 11, 2023
shortIGBOman:

Emeka, South South are not your Brothers. Stop miataken South South people for IPOB grin grin
Dindinrin. For u r mind now u Don talk abi?? Emeka ko kabiru ni.. And even if I'm Emeka, is t Emeka a Nigeria name Mr kabiru from seme border.. Werey dry pontificate...
Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by beejaay: 7:54am On Jan 11, 2023
Captain8:
while the greatest people in south south support Tinubu
Olodo which greater people abeg.. Where are the greatest people?? No great people will support someone with everything questionable about his past and life from childhood, parenthood, education background, career life, finances and even family life everything is scam.. Great people are wise and don't follow scams like us o make u scatter for road abeg

1 Like

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:56am On Jan 11, 2023
senatordave1:
Una be busy body.it clearly shows you that you guys should mind your business.a lot of ss people dont like obi.obi will struggle in ss
Keep deceiving yourself.SS is the headquarters of Obidient movement
Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by shortIGBOman: 7:57am On Jan 11, 2023
beejaay:

Dindinrin. For u r mind now u Don talk abi?? Emeka ko kabiru ni.. And even if I'm Emeka, is t Emeka a Nigeria name Mr kabiru from seme border.. Werey dry pontificate...

Emeka, Why are you in severe pains so? grin grin

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by powerhouse3(m): 8:08am On Jan 11, 2023
Me , I'm voting Peter obi not because he's Igbo man ,but because he's the best at present,..if I was to consider tribe voting...I'd definitely vote for Yoruba....

Let's any thread of any misgivings hit this page about Akwa ibom and see how Igbo people will talk down on us,..our supposed brother or neighbors... whereas all tribe have thier down side...but this is a golden opportunity for Nigeria and I don't expect emotions but calculation and that calculation is what will make me vote OBI
Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Captain8(m): 8:24am On Jan 11, 2023
beejaay:

Olodo which greater people abeg.. Where are the greatest people?? No great people will support someone with everything questionable about his past and life from childhood, parenthood, education background, career life, finances and even family life everything is scam.. Great people are wise and don't follow scams like us o make u scatter for road abeg
Asari commands millions of youth,,he is with Tinubu..
Tompolo commands millions of youths, he is with Tinubu..

Tinubu is better than obi
Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Captain8(m): 8:26am On Jan 11, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Keep deceiving yourself.SS is the headquarters of Obidient movement
that's a lie,,,obi will struggle here..
Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Captain8(m): 8:29am On Jan 11, 2023
Mfetenang:
igbos are always delusional jokers...e go shock dem..

3 Likes

Re: Is The South South Being Unfair To Igbos? The Jonathan Case by Captain8(m): 8:35am On Jan 11, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

if every Ijaw was shouting Obi the man next door wouldn't hear it
Ijaws are not with obi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi Orders Restriction Of Ex-militants / Lagos - Badagry Expressway Some Salient Questions? / Revealed! The Husband Of Nanny Who Kidnapped The Orekoya Kids(pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.