Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,269 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Why Do Anything If We All Die - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Anything If We All Die (696 Views)

We All Die Everyday And God Gives Us Life Everyday / Priest Feeds Congregation Rat Poison To Prove They’re Above Death… They All Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Anything If We All Die by sukkot: 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2023
why do anything if we all die and everything withers away into nothingness. our achievements also wither away into nothingness. so in the end ? nothing really matters. not even the opinions of others because those others also die too and vanish into nothingness and disappear and so as you can see ? nothing in life matters, not your achievements and not the opinion of others. and so i am not in a rush to get anywhere in life because in the end ? it doesnt matter. nothing matters and so live how you want to live because nothing matters and its all meaningless.this is the nihilistic perspective to life and i think its a FREEING perspective that calms you down and makes you enjoy life more. do you think you can adopt this perspective or you are just too caught up in the matrix chasing your own tail and chasing down meaningless achievements to entertain it ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by Rilwayne001: 1:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
Our everyday struggle is to actualize our survival instinct as well as what we define to be our life goals and desires.

Perspectives will always be different and people who share different perspectives from us are not mad.

I will subscribe more to absurdism than nihilism. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by sukkot: 2:05pm On Jan 11, 2023
Rilwayne001:
Our everyday struggle is to actualize our survival instinct as well as what we define to be our life goals and desires.

Perspectives will always be different and people who share different perspectives from us are not mad.

I will subscribe more to absurdism than nihilism. wink
hmmm absurdism the belief that human beings exist in a purposeless chaotic universe. ( dictionary definition )

and the common thread between absurdism and nihilism is PURPOSELESS. and on that platform of PURPOSELESS we can extricate ourself from the matrix and just exist and do what we love to do ( as you said to actualize our desires ) .. i see the common thread. just that you are clinging on to that desire to achieve some life goals which in the end ? is meaningless when you are gone. that could be your ego projecting itself and you feeling like goals are to be accomplished. but would the goals matter in 200 years from now ? grin wink

now these are just conversations of course. i am not asking anyone to be a bum lol

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by Rilwayne001: 2:14pm On Jan 11, 2023
sukkot:
hmmm absurdism the belief that human beings exist in a purposeless chaotic universe. ( dictionary definition )

and the common thread between absurdism and nihilism is PURPOSELESS. and on that platform of PURPOSELESS we can extricate ourself from the matrix and just exist and do what we love to do ( as you said to actualize our desires ) .. i see the common thread. just that you are clinging on to that desire to achieve some life goals which in the end ? is meaningless when you are gone. that could be your ego projecting itself and you feeling like goals are to be accomplished. but would the goals matter in 200 years from now ? grin wink

now these are just conversations of course. i am not asking anyone to be a bum lol

Absurdism = "We know it is purposeless, nevertheless, create your own purpose and enjoy is while it last, even though it will not matter even in 100 years after you're gone. simply enjoy it while it last" hahahahaha grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by sukkot: 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2023
Rilwayne001:

Absurdism = "We know it is purposeless, nevertheless, create your own purpose and enjoy is while it last, even though it will not matter even in 100 years after you're gone. simply enjoy it while it last" hahahahaha grin grin grin grin
i like that. problem is people try to follow everyone elses purpose or some laid out conventional societal expectation purpose. i like that. CREATE AND DEFINE YOUR OWN PURPOSE cheesy cheesy wink wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by ibkayee(f): 2:42pm On Jan 11, 2023
I’m not deep enough for conversations like this sha but unless you commit suicide or go and live in the wilderness somewhere, living life by the blueprint society commands is the safest option.

I can decide to not do anything ever for example but there will be consequences on my livelihood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by Dtruthspeaker: 5:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
sukkot:
why do anything if we all die and everything withers away into nothingness. our achievements also wither away..

The case of the stupid servant who did no thing in the Parable of the Talent will catch such a person.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by sukkot: 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The case of the stupid servant who did no thing in the Parable of the Talent will catch such a person.
LOL yeah you are right
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by sukkot: 6:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
ibkayee:
I’m not deep enough for conversations like this sha[b] but unless you commit suicide or go and live in the wilderness somewhere, living life by the blueprint society commands is the safest option.
[/b]
I can decide to not do anything ever for example but there will be consequences on my livelihood
lol the world is changing and people are slowly breaking out of conventional ways of doing things but i guess its a lot safer to tow the path of old if you are not a rigid individualist. there is nothing wrong with the path of old but it is like the american dream in that it is getting harder for people to achieve these things nowadays. say for example back in the day people got married in their early twenties but nowadays ? nobody wants to get married grin grin and so are you supposed to be depressed and feel unfulfilled because you cant get a partner ? or should you just define your own path ?
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by Solofresh2: 7:06pm On Jan 11, 2023
sukkot:
why do anything if we all die and everything withers away into nothingness. our achievements also wither away into nothingness. so in the end ? nothing really matters. not even the opinions of others because those others also die too and vanish into nothingness and disappear and so as you can see ? nothing in life matters, not your achievements and not the opinion of others. and so i am not in a rush to get anywhere in life because in the end ? it doesnt matter. nothing matters and so live how you want to live because nothing matters and its all meaningless.this is the nihilistic perspective to life and i think its a FREEING perspective that calms you down and makes you enjoy life more. do you think you can adopt this perspective or you are just too caught up in the matrix chasing your own tail and chasing down meaningless achievements to entertain it ?
sometimes,i think about these things too but one thing I will like to do is to live,to be remembered for life
What about reincarnation though,and how often does it happen
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by Dtruthspeaker: 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2023
Solofresh2:
sometimes,i think about these things too but one thing I will like to do is to live,to be remembered for life

Just say you wish for reincarnation because you already know that you are not qualified for God's Paradise.

You people just want to forget that you are God's property and love to think that your life and living is your own.

You are not even the ones who built this House called earth how then can you own yourself that you did not create?

If you still have a chance, you better Fear God your Creator if not you would know that you are just like a stupid mannequin which did not please you, so you destroyed it.

You are just a living mannequin and if you do not please your Creator, He must destroy you!
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by sukkot: 7:43pm On Jan 11, 2023
Solofresh2:
reincarnation is forever. the trick is to focus on the thing that always comes back with you, which is your soul. enrich the soul but less focus on the three dimensional world and flesh. the soul comes back with rewards or punishment for you in the reincarnation based on your karma load in this life. thats the true currency is soul currency. and this why you have these tibetan monks who have no worldly desires. but they work on their spirits / soul

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by sukkot: 7:47pm On Jan 11, 2023
Solofresh2:
also whats the point of being remembered if you are gone ? thats your ego speaking

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by ibkayee(f): 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
sukkot:
lol the world is changing and people are slowly breaking out of conventional ways of doing things but i guess its a lot safer to tow the path of old if you are not a rigid individualist. there is nothing wrong with the path of old but it is like the american dream in that it is getting harder for people to achieve these things nowadays. say for example back in the day people got married in their early twenties but nowadays ? nobody wants to get married grin grin and so are you supposed to be depressed and feel unfulfilled because you cant get a partner ? or should you just define your own path ?
I meant more so the basic necessities of life, like income for a roof over your head and food. Certain paths you’ll need to follow in order to sustain this vs. deciding since life is meaningless you’re going to break away from the ‘convention’ of a job and not do anything
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by sukkot: 7:30am On Jan 12, 2023
ibkayee:

I meant more so the basic necessities of life, like income for a roof over your head and food. Certain paths you’ll need to follow in order to sustain this vs. deciding since life is meaningless you’re going to break away from the ‘convention’ of a job and not do anything
oh i think you are taking it to the extreme, thats not what i meant ooo. you have to provide for yourself. thats just normal. however the question is will you find an enjoyable way to provide for yourself that makes you happy or will you tow the path of old conventions because you are trying to please others ? which is the meaningless aspect of it because nothing matters anyway so you should be trying to please yourself. would you be happier being a shoe maker or do you force yourself to be a lawyer because you are trying to please. thats what i meant, and so under the nihilistic philosophy we still all have to provide for our daily bread. just define your own path in how you do it that pleases you. break away from conventions. live your life by your own terms cuz at the end ? nothing really matters and the life is short

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by LordReed(m): 8:46am On Jan 12, 2023
sukkot:

Wow! sukkot is now a nihilist?! Wonders will never cease!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by sukkot: 8:55am On Jan 12, 2023
LordReed:

Wow! sukkot is now a nihilist?! Wonders will never cease!
hehe LordReed not entirely. was just watching a youtube video yesterday about it and it really does make a lot of sense. it does. i am considering it because it would make your existence less complicated if you know all this stuff is meaningless and all dies and withers with time. i think this will free a lot of peoples minds and ease stress and anxiety if they adopt this philosophy. the constant need to achieve something so as to please everyone will reduce. i believe nihilism would also reduce crime in nigeria if we can make this a widespread philosophy to be practiced by nigerians. everyone would now be content and no more unnecessary competition. happy new year grin
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by LordReed(m): 9:02am On Jan 12, 2023
sukkot:
hehe LordReed not entirely. was just watching a youtube video yesterday about it and it really does make a lot of sense. it does. i am considering it because it would make your existence less complicated if you know all this stuff is meaningless and all dies and withers with time. i think this will free a lot of peoples minds and ease stress and anxiety if they adopt this philosophy. the constant need to achieve something so as to please everyone will reduce. i believe nihilism would also reduce crime in nigeria if we can make this a widespread philosophy to be practiced by nigerians. everyone would now be content and no more unnecessary competition. happy new year grin

The problem with extremes is that they are extreme and they make people carry out extreme actions. Unless you are studious enough to handle it with nuance, I don't see nihilism as a good philosophical basis for good social cohesion. Most people just take the meaninglessness aspect of nihilism and run with it, which leads to bad actions.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by sukkot: 9:17am On Jan 12, 2023
LordReed:

The problem with extremes is that they are extreme and they make people carry out extreme actions. Unless you are studious enough to handle it with nuance, I don't see nihilism as a good philosophical basis for good social cohesion. Most people just take the meaninglessness aspect of nihilism and run with it, which leads to bad actions.
hmmm i totally see where you are coming from. takes a disciplined mind to effectively thrive under such a philosophy. most will just languish and hence need conventional structures. i feel you bro
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by ChocolateWine(f): 9:44am On Jan 12, 2023
1 Corinthians 15:32

New Living Translation
And what value was there in fighting wild beasts—those people of Ephesus—if there will be no resurrection from the dead? And if there is no resurrection, “Let’s feast and drink, for tomorrow we die!”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by sukkot: 10:04am On Jan 12, 2023
ChocolateWine:
1 Corinthians 15:32

New Living Translation
And what value was there in fighting wild beasts—those people of Ephesus—if there will be no resurrection from the dead? And if there is no resurrection, “Let’s feast and drink, for tomorrow we die!”
righttttttttttttttttt lol lets feast and drink for tomorrow we die grin
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by Red02(m): 10:14am On Jan 12, 2023
ibkayee:
I’m not deep enough for conversations like this sha but unless you commit suicide or go and live in the wilderness somewhere, living life by the blueprint society commands is the safest option.

You mean follow the herd undecided
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:14am On Jan 12, 2023
“The greatest futility!” says the congregator, “The greatest futility! Everything is futile!” Ecclesiastes 1:2

I have seen something further under the sun, that the swift do not always win the race, nor do the mighty win the battle, nor do the wise always have the food, nor do the intelligent always have the riches, nor do those with knowledge always have success, because time and unexpected events overtake them all. Ecclesiastes 9:11

The man whose words are recorded above happened to be the wealthiest man of his time yet he had the same line of thought with you.
But there's one thing that makes him differ and that's the thought of worshiping with his neighbours because as humans we need the companionship of our fellow humans as we all face the same futility. Ecclesiastes 12:1 smiley
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by ChocolateWine(f): 10:27am On Jan 12, 2023
sukkot:
righttttttttttttttttt lol lets feast and drink for tomorrow we die grin

Lol ...... That's if there's no resurrection
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by sukkot: 10:30am On Jan 12, 2023
ChocolateWine:

Lol ...... That's if there's no resurrection
well for most of these zombies out here there would be no Resurrection cheesy
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by ChocolateWine(f): 10:41am On Jan 12, 2023
sukkot:
well for most of these zombies out here there would be no Resurrection cheesy

Since we don't decide that let's live our lives so that we might have a chance of resurrection.
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by sukkot: 10:49am On Jan 12, 2023
ChocolateWine:

Since we don't decide that let's live our lives so that we might have a chance of resurrection.
hence why i said we focus on our souls and not our flesh. the soul is the real currency. you build it up at all times. the premise here is not to place too much emphasis on this world. we live in it but we dont have to conform to it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by ibkayee(f): 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
Red02:

You mean follow the herd undecided
I misinterpreted what he said, thought he was talking about people going stray and completely deviating from any type of social structure at all.
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by Dtruthspeaker: 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
sukkot:
reincarnation is forever...

Lies!

You are not the owner of man's living so no man can say you can repeat living forever.

You do not even reincarnate your own toys like mannequins, doll babies, phones, is it now yourself?

This is just a stupid wishful thinking by those who know that they are not qualified for good eternal life which our Creator plans to give
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by Red02(m): 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
ibkayee:

I misinterpreted what he said, thought he was talking about people going stray and completely deviating from any type of social structure at all.

Isn't today's social structure crazy enough to deviage from?? undecided
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by Kaycee54321(m): 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2023
sukkot:
the soul comes back with rewards or punishment for you in the reincarnation based on your karma load

Be like my soul really f.ucked up my karma load in my past life.
Re: Why Do Anything If We All Die by kingxsamz(m): 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2023
sukkot:

I don't think it'll do anything though. People will always do whatever they want. But it does make you feel better when faced with certain problems in life. So rather than whine and cry, you just try to make the best of life.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

What I Saw About 2024: Apostle Joshua Selman / Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues / Bishop Oyedepo On Shades For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.