Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South (3151 Views)

No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom / I Dont Get It, Its As If Tinubu Has The Whole Of Southwest In His Pocket / Obi, Udenwa, Ihedioha Reject ‘Imposition’ Of Anyanwu As Southeast PDP Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by babasolution: 11:46pm On Jan 11, 2023
If truth be told,banter aside the south east and south south states ,even the northern states are more beautiful than the southwest states.

This is the reality,even Ibadan and abeokuta though developed is not as beautiful as most northern states.

The southwest have very rustic cities
I think the southwest should look into remodeling and beautification of its cities

Kaduna as been remodelled and upgraded, kano has been remodelled.

Less popular cities like Bauchi are far more beautiful than southwestern cities.

What is wrong with southern Nigeria, is it the governments or people?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by ElSudani: 11:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
Who is in competition with the SE?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by PandoraObi: 11:53pm On Jan 11, 2023
Not as developed but Igbos keep on running their with their plastic bags to the south west

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Urheadmaster(m): 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
tongue
There wouldn't be competition if we had agreed to live as one Nigeria
tongue.

ElSudani:
Who is in competition with the SE?
Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Sammy07: 11:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
babasolution:
If truth be told,banter aside the south east and south south states ,even the northern states are more beautiful than the southwest states.

This is the reality,even Ibadan and abeokuta though developed is not as beautiful as most northern states.

I think the southwest should look into remodeling and beautification of its cities

Less popular cities like Bauchi are far more beautiful than southwestern cities.

Lol, you saw rusty roofs and concluded southwest isn't developed.

Probably you people no dey build house.

Anyways what is developments to you?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 12, 2023
The challenge with south west is that they restrict their knowledge to lagos.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by babasolution: 12:38am On Jan 12, 2023
Sammy07:

Lol, you saw rusty roofs and concluded southwest isn't developed.

Probably you people no dey build house.

Anyways what is developments to you?

Development is modern buildings and infrastructure period

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Jokerman(m): 12:42am On Jan 12, 2023
Some people think Lagos is the only south western state

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Vanpascore(m): 12:50am On Jan 12, 2023
You don't know what you are saying

plusfield:
The challenge with south west is that they restrict their knowledge to lagos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Jogs1900: 2:01am On Jan 12, 2023
I think what you don't understand is that the south west states development is beyond the state capital hence why u think south west is not developed...They spread it to other areas...In Nigeria standards ,south western states do have other cities the government do develop simultaneously...For example in Ogun state, asides the state capital, there are other cities like Sagamu, sango OTA, ijebu ode, ago iwoye, ijebu Igbo,ilaro whereas in Enugu, it's only Enugu town that development is centred on even Nsukka is being neglected by the state government.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Zulum500: 3:20am On Jan 12, 2023
Jogs1900:
I think what you don't understand is that the south west states development is beyond the state capital hence why u think south west is not developed...They spread it to other areas...In Nigeria standards ,south western states do have other cities the government do develop simultaneously...For example in Ogun state, asides the state capital, there are other cities like Sagamu, sango OTA, ijebu ode, ago iwoye, ijebu Igbo,ilaro whereas in Enugu, it's only Enugu town that development is centred on even Nsukka is being neglected by the state government.

Bros you are correct..
They don't understand that they have little landmass.. most Eastern state has few cities in them..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by babasolution: 10:15am On Jan 12, 2023
Jogs1900:

That's not the reason,in the south south,there are other cities apart from the capital,Edo as other developing towns,same with delta and akwaibom,even the East and Middlebelt. That argument is flawed.

Southwest cities aren't beautiful, because attention is not played to orderliness and organisation,and the rusty old buildings are just too much

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Jogs1900: 11:01am On Jan 12, 2023
babasolution:

That's not the reason,in the south south,there are other cities apart from the capital,Edo as other developing towns,same with delta and akwaibom,even the East and Middlebelt. That argument is flawed.

Southwest cities aren't beautiful, because attention is not played to orderliness and organisation,and the rusty old buildings are just too much
In Enugu state, Bayelsa state, Imo state, mention any other city besides the capital city...Let's start from there.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by babasolution: 12:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
Jogs1900:

In Enugu state, Bayelsa state, Imo state, mention any other city besides the capital city...Let's start from there.

No difference between a nsukka and oyo or Ogbomosho, no difference BTW an orlu and ijebu ode,no diff between an ABA and Sango ota

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Zulum500: 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2023
babasolution:

No difference between a nsukka and oyo or Ogbomosho, no difference BTW an orlu and ijebu ode,no diff between an ABA and Sango ota

See gibberish and balderdash grin

6 Likes

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Tenses: 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2023
Shut up op!!

Southwest has only one state which is LAGOS and it's more developed than Washington DC.
Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 12, 2023
I think I know Abia very well...

They have their famous Aba, Umuahia (capital though the least among others) Uzuakoli, Uturu axis, Ohafia and Small London...these are cities with modern standard.

9 Likes

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by babasolution: 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
LILTJAY1:
Not developed but igbos die in motor accident alot why attempting to run here

This is not about igbos

4 Likes

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Jogs1900: 1:39am On Jan 13, 2023
babasolution:

All these Orlu,Nsukka are in the class of Ibafo in Ogun state while Aba can be compared to Mowe in Ogun state if you know these towns I mentioned well...I lived in the East and I know all these places you mentioned very well.You are a mediocre for comparing Nsukka with Oyo...Asides the university, can you list any infrastructure outside the university...I mean in the town...No infrastructure...No motorable road in the whole of Nsukka...They are all bad...Asides Owerri and Orlu in Imo state, can you mention another Town in Imo state?Aside Aba and Umuahia in Abia state, mention another Town?What has the government put in place as infrastructure in all these so called towns you mentioned.

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by owobokiri(m): 1:45am On Jan 13, 2023
PandoraObi:
Not as developed but Igbos keep on running their with their plastic bags to the south west

This is what you guys always say to comfort yourselves but he is telling you the raw truth. The state of many major South West cities is alarmingly disturbing. Very old and dirty and unkempt!

Take away Lagos, the South West has the most rustic and archaic cities in Nigeria. And I am not saying this out of malice. I have lived in the north, was born in the east and have also been to atleast 3 major South West cities. Your cities are hellish.

Go to Dutse and see how Lamido transformed an old town into a new city. Go to Kano and Kaduna. Even Gombe! But once you enter Abeokuta or Oshogbo, you start to wonder what's going on.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Jogs1900: 1:55am On Jan 13, 2023
inspirator1:

They have their famous Aba, Umuahia (capital though the least among others) Uzuakoli, Uturu axis, Ohafia and Small London...these are cities with modern standard.
You included the same Ohafia that doesn't have a functional general hospital...
Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Jogs1900: 2:08am On Jan 13, 2023
owobokiri:

This is what you guys always say to comfort yourselves but he is telling you the raw truth. The state of many major South West cities is alarmingly disturbing. Very old and dirty and unkempt!

Take away Lagos, the South West has the most rustic and archaic cities in Nigeria. And I am not saying this out of malice. I have lived in the north, was born in the east and have also been to atleast 3 major South West cities. Your cities are hellish.

Go to Dutse and see how Lamido transformed an old town into a new city. Go to Kano and Kaduna. Even Gombe! But once you enter Abeokuta or Oshogbo, you start to wonder what's going on.
I live in the north...I know all these places you mentioned...But do you realize that it's the south east that is benefitting more from the federal system Nigeria practices? Imagine Oyo state with almost the land mass of South east has 5 states? Meaning what is given to Oyo state that has the size of South east , south east collects 5 times of it as FAAC monthly yet no visible development in the south east.When a particular state is being cheated with FAAC coupled with migration to the region how do you expect that region to grow? What this means is that the south west has been the states shouldering the responsibilities of most states by providing infrastructures for these Nigerians that have found succour in the region.This is the reason the south west has been clamouring for regionalism because they know they are being cheated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by owobokiri(m): 2:24am On Jan 13, 2023
Jogs1900:

I live in the north...I know all these places you mentioned...But do you realize that it's the south east that is benefitting more from the federal system Nigeria practices? Imagine Oyo state with almost the land mass of South east has 5 states? Meaning what is given to Oyo state that has the size of South east , south east collects 5 times of it as FAAC monthly yet no visible development in the south east.When a particular state is being cheated with FAAC coupled with migration to the region how do you expect that region to grow? What this means is that the south west has been the states shouldering the responsibilities of most states by providing infrastructures for these Nigerians that have found succour in the region.This is the reason the south west has been clamouring for regionalism because they know they are being cheated.

The money shared by the federal government to different governing units in the country, comes from mainly two sources; Oil and Gas and duties collected at the ports . The South East that you are desperate to malign contributes mega sums from the two areas. Igbo businesses keep your ports running! Otherwise, Tin Can will be as busy as the Lome Port! Since Buhari and his government stoped sharing Oil money, most of the cash shared to states come from duties paid at the ports. Do your checks; Upto 60 of all the containers cleared in Nigerian ports, are transported to Onitsha!

Again, You can not be talking about Land mass here. Allocations are not shared to trees! Allocations are for humans and the South South East is the most densely populated area of the country bar Lagos! Again they contribute most via trades taxes/duties, so it's very wrong for you to be hyperventilating about the sharing formula. Why are we not sharing money from your Cocoa sells? Why are the fulanis not bringing their earnings from their cow sells so we share? Do they even pay taxes? You tuck in your earnings into your inner pockets and then come online to be arguing about the proper ways to share other peoples resources?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by seeyounow: 2:41am On Jan 13, 2023
cry

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by greatiyk4u(m): 5:19am On Jan 13, 2023
Jogs1900:
All these Orlu,Nsukka are in the class of Ibafo in Ogun state while Aba can be compared to Mowe in Ogun state if you know these towns I mentioned well...I lived in the East and I know all these places you mentioned very well.You are a mediocre for comparing Nsukka with Oyo...Asides the university, can you list any infrastructure outside the university...I mean in the town...No infrastructure...No motorable road in the whole of Nsukka...They are all bad...Asides Owerri and Orlu in Imo state, can you mention another Town in Imo state?Aside Aba and Umuahia in Abia state, mention another Town?What has the government put in place as infrastructure in all these so called towns you mentioned.

When last did you visit Nsukka?
In Enugu state, aside the capital we have
Nsukka
Agbani
Obollo Afor
Orji River
9th mile
Iwolo oye
Ogurute
Orba
Adani
Etc

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by tungamaje: 6:05am On Jan 13, 2023
inspirator1:

Wao, you really know that area. I am from Alayi. Which state do you come from?
Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Trollronaldo: 6:10am On Jan 13, 2023
No where in Nigeria is developed, just silly small dicks

1 Like

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by MrEverest(m): 6:11am On Jan 13, 2023
babasolution:

Olodo, why not focus on the coming election instead of chasing shadows?

Have you collected your PVC? Who do you intend to vote for?

No region in Nigeria is developed because of criminals running the government and that's why we want to elect Peter Obi for a better Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by MrEverest(m): 6:17am On Jan 13, 2023
Tinubu urchins are now creating stupid threads to cause confusion after realizing that Nigerians have rejected him.

Nigerian youths shine your eyes, don't fall for their foolishness. Ensuring that Tinubu comes 4th in the election is a task that must be accomplished.

This thread is useless and unnecessary at this time, let's focus on the election.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Jogs1900: 8:09am On Jan 13, 2023
greatiyk4u:

When last did you visit Nsukka?
In Enugu state, aside the capital we have
Nsukka
Agbani
Obollo Afor
Orji River
9th mile
Iwolo oye
Ogurute
Orba
Adani
Etc

I know all these places bro...I swear to God almighty,...Ibafo, mowe better pass these places...Nsukka is zero....I was there Oct 2022 for a burial...
Re: The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South by Ikpaitid: 8:12am On Jan 13, 2023
Why don't you stick to the South East?
What is the matter with you IPOB people?
Can't you even speak with mentioning the South South?
Na attachment to kill all of una.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ramadan Message: Fayemi Urges Muslims To Promote Peace And Nation-Building / National Assembly Election Results Update / Imo State Supplementary Election Latest: Ohakim In Early Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.