Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public (8487 Views)

Recession: Buhari To Spend Highest Amount On Presidential Villa Since Elected / MURIC: Hanan Buhari Flying On Presidential Jet Is An Inspiration To The Youth / 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by Jeffyblaq(m): 4:10pm On Jan 12, 2023
Not just candidates Health status to be made open but also Asset declaration and what follows it...

Thatz if and only we want to get things right here..
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by abbey621(m): 4:20pm On Jan 12, 2023
JoeNL22:

The last time I checked.
Health Is very important for you to function effectively and efficiently.
If you health is bad, you will continue with you job or take care of your health?
No matter the achievements, if your health is bad, nobody will want to employ you. UBA FOR example will demand you do medical examinations and test before they employ you. I have gone through the process. Therefore I know what am talking about. If you can't allow an unhealthy person to run your company. Why should you allow him to run our society?. Reason am!

Logic over emotions! A good idea will only see the light of day if due process is followed. Can you show where in the Nigerian Constitution that demands such tests be carried out on presidential candidates? If the requirements are not there, what makes you think anyone rich or poor would subject themselves to their health record being made public? Again, we must desist from wuruwuru to the answer or knee jerk reactions, an idea like this should have been brought up by the Legislative and voted into law.
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by Masterclass32: 4:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
E go make sense.

But be rest assured that the man that attends only town halls different from balablu would never subject himself to the process.

His urchins are already hyper castigating the suggestion.
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by Image123(m): 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2023
Mitsurugi:

So all these accruing to Tinubu alone is akin to pizza money. Nigeria is really in trouble. No wonder you all hate the sight of Obi the stingy money saver.

You missed the point, Lagos is still more than 10 times richer than Anambra. Why, because they have visionaries there, not folks who don't know what to do with their talent than put it in their Fidelity bank and their beer business. You must have read the biblical story of the talents. Even God punishes wicked people who save their talents.
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by JoeNL22(m): 5:02pm On Jan 12, 2023
abbey621:

Logic over emotions! A good idea will only see the light of day if due process is followed. Can you show where in the Nigerian Constitution that demands such tests be carried out on presidential candidates? If the requirements are not there, what makes you think anyone rich or poor would subject themselves to their health record being made public? Again, we must desist from wuruwuru to the answer or knee jerk reactions, an idea like this should have been brought up by the Legislative and voted into law.
Is it in the constitution to greet your parents when you wake up in the morning?
Stop this nonsense. If we can't allow sick and unhealthy people into our establishments and organisations, why should allow them to run this country?
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by Neddyogu(m): 5:17pm On Jan 12, 2023
NMA members don’t conduct tests per se. Na AMLSN members job b dat. Tho it’s unethical.
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by Blazebond(m): 5:19pm On Jan 12, 2023
I support this move 100 percent.
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by Sunnyski: 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2023
lhordspy:
Is it constitutional?

This man talk too much for my liking. Neither here or there. A man who spent 8years in the senate and he didnt remember then that such bill should be considered. Why is he disturbing us now?

Chochocho around like a parrot. Always wanting to trend. Sometimes you wonder how some people made it to the senate.

Urchins always support evil and their satanic master.
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by abbey621(m): 5:40pm On Jan 12, 2023
JoeNL22:

Is it in the constitution to greet your parents when you wake up in the morning?
Stop this nonsense. If we can't allow sick and unhealthy people into our establishments and organisations, why should allow them to run this country?

You're not making sense! Public position is different from a private entity. How GTB or any private firm chooses to screen applicants is completely different to how we elect public/political officials. Furthermore even if we ignore that, private companies only test for certain things (physical/blood work(HIV, Tuberculosis) they don't have access to your entire medical history.
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by pikechukwu6(m): 5:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
angry grin urchin will not like it

Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by iyiola799: 6:19pm On Jan 12, 2023
This is a subtle jab at AsiwajuThis is a subtle jab at Asiwaju...
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by Image123(m): 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Stockholm syndrome is evident here.
Una go dey alright

Stockholm syndrome is a coping mechanism to a captive or abusive situation. People develop positive feelings toward their captors or abusers over time. In the case of Nigeria, the PDP, the APC, the Military and virtually all the leaders since and before Independence have held Nigeria captive and abused Nigeria. Very visible and recent among these captors are Obi of Labour Party who was very close to GEJ and served as governor for 8 years, also we have Atiku who was VPresident for 8 years with nothing tangible to show for it.
In summary, all the main contenders are part of this captivity and abuse you refer to, so except you are not voting for any of the contenders, can you say you are suffering from SS or the millions of people voting for them are suffering from SS?
i repeat again, it is better for the President to be sick than clueless. How much is hospital bill compared to the cost of ignorance? Yaradua was a sick president yet, many claim that he did better than many of these folks. A clueless leader will only waste our time, make a lot of excuses and lead us nowhere, just like the classic case of Obi that led Anambra NOWHERE after his 8years. This are things that his successors said, not just me. Check the below post here on nairaland to see what people in Anambra said about him when he was governor. Not now that they are supporting him as our son.
https://www.nairaland.com/7522116/peter-obi-arrives-enugu-interactive#119967535
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by JoeNL22(m): 7:18pm On Jan 12, 2023
abbey621:

You're not making sense! Public position is different from a private entity. How GTB or any private firm chooses to screen applicants is completely different to how we elect public/political officials. Furthermore even if we ignore that, private companies only test for certain things (physical/blood work(HIV, Tuberculosis) they don't have access to your entire medical history.
You are talking from a political point of view.
I am talking from a moral point of view.
I want to ask you a question. Will you employ a sick dying man to run your company?
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by KingOfAmebo(m): 7:51pm On Jan 12, 2023
lhordspy:
Is it constitutional?

This man talk too much for my liking. Neither here or there. A man who spent 8years in the senate and he didnt remember then that such bill should be considered. Why is he disturbing us now?

Chochocho around like a parrot. Always wanting to trend. Sometimes you wonder how some people made it to the senate.

You need to ask yourself why medical checks for Presidential candidates is an issue and headache for you, Do you want a sick person to be your President?

Only evil people will want a sick President.
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by esivue007(m): 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
slimfit1:
They will take a bribe, I don't trust any Nigerian doctor .
says who?
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by moyosore32: 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2023
rippa:

Lolz
So u know Tinubu is not healthy
E nor go ever better for u

E don better for u first??
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by Kennydoc(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
seunmsg:
Is there a legal backing for this? Is there any country in the world where candidates are forcefully subjected to medically test by the Medical Association before election? How exactly will this help them rule better than when medical test were not forcefully done?

Instead of subjecting candidates to medical tests, I prefer their records of previous public service, contribution to democracy, private sector achievements etc are subjected to test. These are the indices that can help us determine who is a better candidate and who is not.

So when you applied to study in the university, you were judged by your common entrance result and given admission?

If a university professor who was a faculty dean develops dementia or suffers a stroke, will he still be fit to run for the office of the vice chancellor?
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by abbey621(m): 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2023
JoeNL22:

You are talking from a political point of view.
I am talking from a moral point of view.
I want to ask you a question. Will you employ a sick dying man to run your company?

Ok then we're talking about two different things, morality in politics especially Nigerian politics is fantasy unless we want to deceive ourselves. Would I hire a dying man to run my company? Depends on the value of that dying man, we are all dying little by little every day, Steve Jobs had cancer for years before the illness took him, many other greats in history have had one ailment or another, let's stop being overly sentimental!
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by rippa(m): 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
moyosore32:

E don better for u first??
That is y i wanf Obi
I can't continue to be suffering and smiling
I can't continue to sing the praises of my oppresors
8yrs of Buhari is enough to learn
Re: NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public by Topshow2010(m): 10:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
I thought the man is well learned but it's disappointing he couldnt differentiate the role of a Medical Laboratory Scientist to that of Medical doctor under NMA. Toor... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Abia APGA Member, Ifeanyi Ogbonna Dumps Party For APC / All You Need To Know About Professor Bart Nnaji (former Minister Of Power) / We Have No Issues With The Result Of Abia North Senatorial Election, INEC Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.