Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,014 members, 7,859,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:55 PM

Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? (446 Views)

What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? / Why Did Jesus Call His Disciples Little Children? / Jesus Told His Disciples To Take A Donkey And Colt Without The Owner's Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by AntiChristian: 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2023
John 16:25
"Though I have been speaking figuratively (paroimia), a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

Why wasn't Jesus speaking in a normal and clear way all the time? Why did Jesus then go and say that he won't 'use this kind of language' according to the Bible?

Well, here we find out why...

Mark 4:10-12
When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'

So here we see that Jesus was deceiving certain people by speaking in parables so that they won't (and God forbid!) REPENT AND BE FORGIVEN!
Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by CodeTemplar: 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2023
Booked.
Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2023
AntiChristian:
■Why wasn't Jesus speaking in a normal and clear way all the time? Why did Jesus then go and say that he won't 'use this kind of language' according to the Bible?
■So here we see that Jesus was deceiving certain people by speaking in parables so that they won't (and God forbid!) REPENT AND BE FORGIVEN!
1. Is there some sort of language law that relegates the use of figures of speech in language to deception? undecided

2. How could He have been said to deceive the people if the very "secrets to the Kingdom" are contained in the very same stories which He told to them? undecided
Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by AntiChristian: 9:38am On Jan 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Is there some sort of language law that relegates the use of figures of speech in language to deception? undecided
No! But a lecturer that explains his lecture better to his caucus than in class in partial. Hence a bad shepherd!

2. How could He have been said to deceive the people if the very "secrets to the Kingdom" are contained in the very same stories which He told to them? undecided

He planned it for them not to understand! Just like some Lecturers do to get more money!
He said he has been speaking figuratively but will stop it...

1 Like

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by advocatejare(m): 11:22am On Jan 13, 2023
AntiChristian:
"Though I have been speaking figuratively (paroimia), a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

Why wasn't Jesus speaking in a normal and clear way all the time? Why did Jesus then go and say that he won't 'use this kind of language' according to the Bible?

When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'

So here we see that Jesus was deceiving certain people by speaking in parables so that they won't (and God forbid!) REPENT AND BE FORGIVEN!

Have you asked why Allah deliberately set a seal on people’s mind so that they can’t see and Allah still punishes them for not seeing?

Allāh has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment.”
-Quran 2:7

“Those [who do so] are the ones that Allāh has cursed, so He deafened them and blinded their vision.”
-Quran 47:23

1 Like

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by advocatejare(m): 11:27am On Jan 13, 2023
AntiChristian:

Have you asked yourself why Allah sends people astray and leaves them in their transgressions wandering blindly?

Whoever Allah sends astray - there is no guide for him. And He leaves them in their transgression, wandering blindly."
(QS. Al-A'raaf 7: Verse 186 )

What is [the matter] with you [that you are] two groups concerning the hypocrites, while Allāh has made them fall back [into error and disbelief] for what they earned. Do you wish to guide those whom Allāh has sent astray? And he whom Allāh sends astray - never will you find for him a way [of guidance].
-Quran 4:88

1 Like

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:26pm On Jan 13, 2023
Back then Jesus was an adopted son of a carpenter so he has no qualifications going by the Jewish theological schools for teaching people about God, that's why he often speak to them in parables {Matthew 13:10-13} but then whoever feels like sticking to Jesus in order to know more such a person has agreed through his or her actions that Jesus is a representative of their God and so qualified to teach him or her, for such ones Jesus will not only explain but even pray for him or her due to their discerning spirit! John 17:8-9 smiley
Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Jan 13, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ No! But a lecturer that explains his lecture better to his caucus than in class in partial. Hence a bad shepherd!
■He planned it for them not to understand! Just like some Lecturers do to get more money! He said he has been speaking figuratively but will stop it...
1. This makes no sense at all. A lecturer does not concern himself with the caucus but with his students alone — a lecturer is not a politician that he should mind the caucus. Instead, his focus is to teach his students not just the lessons but how to parse and reason well the topic or issue in context. Jesus Christ was a teacher to His students, those who were His sheep, and not those who weren't. A good Shepherd/lecturer focuses His attention and teachings on those who matter, not those who do not. undecided

2. Why wouldn't He plan it so they are not distracted by His teachings and can continue living their lives? They are not His students. Are advanced lectures on Neurotoxicology for instance planned in such a way that all passers-by understand and are hence distracted by it or does the lecturer tailor his teachings only to the students so those who are not meant to concern themselves at all can stick to their lane, so to speak? undecided

He said He would stop but did He stop before His death? Not, however, His students had already become wise to His teachings and methods even before. Jesus Christ had been speaking still speaking figuratively even when Philips responded that He was no longer doing so because the student was already becoming like the master --- the master's goal. undecided

Again, Jesus Christ did not come for everyone --- not everyone has access to that which He came to give— so it would have been cruel of Him to have made His teachings understandable for everyone. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by AntiChristian: 4:55pm On Jan 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Again, Jesus Christ did not come for everyone --- not everyone has access to that which He came to give, so it would have been cruel of Him to have made His teachings understandable for everyone. undecided

Case Closed!
Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by Maynman: 9:41am On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Again, Jesus Christ did not come for everyone --- not everyone has access to that which He came to give— so it would have been cruel of Him to have made His teachings understandable for everyone. undecided

Yahweh is your god cheesy
“ The Gospel of Mark 12:29–31 mentions that Jesus of Nazareth considered the opening exhortation of the Shema to be the first of his two greatest commandments”

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by NNTR: 11:31am On Jan 14, 2023
AntiChristian:

Why wasn't Jesus speaking in a normal and clear way all the time?
Why did Jesus then go and say that he won't 'use this kind of language' according to the Bible?

10When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables.
11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you.
But to those on the outside everything is said in parables
12so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!
'

Luke 11:52-54
52Woe unto you, lawyers!
for ye have taken away the key of knowledge:
ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
53And as He said these things unto them,
the scribes and the Pharisees began to urge Him vehemently,
and to provoke Him to speak of many things
:
Laying wait for Him, and seeking to catch something out of His mouth,
that they might accuse Him

The reason why Jesus wasnt speaking in a normal, direct and clear way all the time, is because a large portion of His audience, were snakes, were hostile listeners, just like you, AntiChristian and your ilk are.

Among the audience, were people, who oppose Jesus Christ bitterly and so vehemently attempted to entangle Him, through harassing, besieging and plying Him with lots of all manners of questions about so many things, subjects et cetera, and, try make Him give off-hand answers on them, that they can use to trap Him into saying something, with which, they then could twist, distort and use against Him

Believers, need not tell all the truth, unless to those who have a right to know it all. Jesus' disciples, not only had a right to know all the truth in a normal, direct and clear way, but they deserved to know all the truth in a normal, direct and clear way, and so, is the reason why the parables were being explained to them in private by Jesus Christ.

Now, as for you, AntiChristian and your ilk, you all, will continue to be seeing and not see, continue to be hearing and not hear, nor understand, because it is prophecy being re-fulfilled, and on top, that you all, always will be learning but will never be get in a position, able to acknowledge the truth. This isnt me cursing, it's scriptural speak.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by AntiChristian: 2:51pm On Jan 14, 2023
NNTR:
Luke 11:52-54
52Woe unto you, lawyers!
for ye have taken away the key of knowledge:
ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
53And as He said these things unto them,
the scribes and the Pharisees began to urge Him vehemently,
and to provoke Him to speak of many things
:
Laying wait for Him, and seeking to catch something out of His mouth,
that they might accuse Him

The reason why Jesus wasnt speaking in a normal, direct and clear way all the time, is because a large portion of His audience, were snakes, were hostile listeners, just like you, AntiChristian and your ilk are.

Is the above a contradiction to the OP below?
AntiChristian:

Among the audience, were people, who oppose Jesus Christ bitterly and so vehemently attempted to entangle Him, through harassing, besieging and plying Him with lots of all manners of questions about so many things, subjects et cetera, and, try make Him give off-hand answers on them, that they can use to trap Him into saying something, with which, they then could twist, distort and use against Him

Believers, need not tell all the truth, unless to those who have a right to know it all. Jesus' disciples, not only had a right to know all the truth in a normal, direct and clear way, but they deserved to know all the truth in a normal, direct and clear way, and so, is the reason why the parables were being explained to them in private by Jesus Christ.

Now, as for you, AntiChristian and your ilk, you all, will continue to be seeing and not see, continue to be hearing and not hear, nor understand, because it is prophecy being re-fulfilled, and on top, that you all, always will be learning but will never be get in a position, able to acknowledge the truth. This isnt me cursing, it's scriptural speak.

We can infer from the verse below that Jesus preached in Parables so that that some may be saved and others not saved.

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by NNTR: 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2023
AntiChristian:
Is the above a contradiction to the OP below?
No, its not a contradiction. It'll only look like it's a contradiction, if you completely twist the whole narrative as you busily are doing all over threads and every time

AntiChristian:
We can infer from the verse below that Jesus preached in Parables so that that some may be saved and others not saved.

10When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables.
11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables
12so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'

We can infer that, the moment you accept that God is not in the business of deception, a whole world of good it'll do you, and the better for you too, as, it will, stop you from continuing being a tool in satan's workshop

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by AntiChristian: 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2023
NNTR:
No, its not a contradiction. It'll only look like it's a contradiction, if you completely twist the whole narrative as you busily are doing all over threads and every time

We can infer that, the moment you accept that God is not in the business of deception, a whole world of good it'll do you, and the better for you too, as, it will, stop you from continuing being a tool in satan's workshop

You didn't make any point in the end!

1 Like

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by NNTR: 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2023
AntiChristian:
You didn't make any point in the end!
The point(s) went woosh over your head is why

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by AntiChristian: 3:58pm On Jan 14, 2023
NNTR:
The point(s) went woosh over your head is why

It went perpendicularly over your head!

1 Like

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by NNTR: 4:17pm On Jan 14, 2023
AntiChristian:
It went perpendicularly over your head!
My empathy for both of you

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by AntiChristian: 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
NNTR:
My empathy for both of you

Get Behind me Satan! tongue
Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by NNTR: 4:42pm On Jan 14, 2023
NNTR:

AntiChristian:
Get Behind me Satan! tongue
Which of the Muslims are you, as I could see here, you're practising taqiyya

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by AntiChristian: 4:49pm On Jan 14, 2023
NNTR:

Which of the Muslims are you, as I could see here, you're practising taqiyya

Where is the Taqiyya? It seems you are the liar!

But Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me. For you do not have in mind the things of God, [b]but the things of men.”
Matthew 16:23[/b]

1 Like

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by NNTR: 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2023
AntiChristian:
Where is the Taqiyya?
The whole thread started with taqiyya

AntiChristian:
It seems you are the liar!
John 8:44
You are of your father, the devil,
and it is your will to practice the desires [which are characteristic] of your father.
He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him.
When he lies, he speaks what is natural to him, for he is a liar and the father of lies and half-truths.

Thats what your father, satan is. Father of lies

AntiChristian:
But Jesus turned and said to Peter,
“Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me.
For you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.
Matthew 16:23
Take that for not stopping to copy me. At least pick up on how to be original.

Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by AntiChristian: 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2023
NNTR:
The whole thread started with taqiyya

Thats what your father, satan is. Father of lies

Take that for not stopping to copy me. At least pick up on how to be original.

It seems your Bible is Taqiyya then!
Abeg, Get behind me Satan!
Re: Why Was Jesus Speaking In Parables But Later Explains Them To His Disciples? by NNTR: 5:14pm On Jan 14, 2023
AntiChristian:
It seems your Bible is Taqiyya then!
Abeg, Get behind me Satan!
Confused and a hypocrite also

(1) (Reply)

Book Of Light : Wisdom Of Nephilim Named Bongo( Must Read ) / What Are Your Prayers For Me? / What Does The Quran Say About Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.