Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Can SSD Hard Drive Work With My System? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can SSD Hard Drive Work With My System? (297 Views)

How Much Is Ssd Hard Disc And Hdd Hard Disc / Ssd Hard Drive & Ram Upgrade On A Lenovo Thinkcentre Pc / 2TB Western Digital Hard Drive For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can SSD Hard Drive Work With My System? by Aminu212: 6:05pm On Jan 13, 2023
Hello NLs, I have hp635 amd processor, I wanted to order SSD hard drive from AliExpress, but am thinking maybe it may not be compatible with it.

So NL computer gurus, what is your advice, should I continue?
Re: Can SSD Hard Drive Work With My System? by mickyeddi(m): 6:10pm On Jan 13, 2023
Most ssd drives are connected using sata connectors. You can also connect some asd drives on a pcie slot on your motherboard. To be on the safe side, go for a sata ssd as most hard disk drives use this connector anyway.

1 Like

Re: Can SSD Hard Drive Work With My System? by aleemiqbal: 10:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
The compatibility of an SSD with a specific computer can depend on a number of factors such as the interface used to connect the SSD to the motherboard and the operating system installed on the computer.

The HP 635 laptop is based on the AMD E-350 processor, which is an older processor that was released in 2011. This laptop is likely to use a SATA interface to connect the storage drive to the motherboard. SATA is an older interface that is commonly used to connect storage drives to motherboards. Most of the SSDs available on AliExpress would be compatible with the SATA interface.

However, it is important to check the specifications of the specific SSD that you plan to purchase to ensure that it is compatible with the SATA interface and the operating system installed on your laptop. This can be done by checking the product page of the SSD on AliExpress, or by consulting the manufacturer's website.

It's also important to note that, even if the SSD is compatible with the laptop, the laptop may not have the necessary space to install the SSD. You may need to check the specifications of your laptop to see if it has the necessary space to install the SSD.

1 Like

Re: Can SSD Hard Drive Work With My System? by FBS: 4:42am On Jan 20, 2023
What aleemiqbal said plus please don't buy SSD from Aliexpress. They are known for "spoofing" the real size of the disk. It seems they use a software to change the capacity of the drive. They are mostly fakebytes!

(1) (Reply)

UK Used Or Neatly Used Laptop Is Needed In Lagos. / Hp Pavilion, Hp Business Partner, Authorized Reseller, Hp Pavilion Sales Promo!! / HP 350 500gb HDD 8gb Ram For 90k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.