Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks (1829 Views)

What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? / Banji Akintoye: North To Continue To Rule Nigeria Regardless Of Who’s President / PDP Will Defeat APC In 2019 Regardless Of Federal Might – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by Hashimyussufamao(m): 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks

Hashim Yussuf Amao, Ibadan

His victory, his loss—none would diminish him or strip him off his previous achievements. He is made, set indelible records, and etched his name in the historical folklore of Nigerian politics. In Peter Obi, many hopes are currently stashed. Supports that cut across tribes and religions. Groups among the Igbos, Afenifere among the Yorubas, Coalition of North East Elders for Peace and Development (CNEEPD) among the Northerners are attestation to the belief in a budding Nigerian 001 - if fate would beam a smile on him in the coming election, or ones to come.

In spite of disparaging political views, Obi has electrified Nigerian youths, gave them a new, reverberating voice. For his acclaimed honesty, he paid with impeachment as the then Anambra state governor. His sin: he wouldn't inflate the state budget and contracts. But he reclaimed his mandate, and posterity reinstated him on the governorship seat. Like other Nigerian politicians, he's not perfect; but across sectors, he has executed laudable projects at Anambra State.

Education wise, Anambra was 24th on the national log, he spurred the state's education to number 1. And just when other governors were leaving debts, Obi claimed he left $500m in Anambra coffers as investments. True or false, the courage to declare credit, when your ilks declare debits is worthy of applause. The Debt Management Organization (DMO) would later put a stamp of affirmation on him as "least corrupt". That EFCC has not taken axes after him till date, is another reason to commend him. If there really is a financial mess at his feet, this time wouldn't have been fair with him. Researches affirm his good works across many sectors, too.

Hundreds of thousands of Nigerian youths, who in the past, must pitch their political tents with either the ruling party or the second most influential party, suddenly rallied round the Anambra man and a party with far less influence, resources, and even structures. Reason: the increasing plights of Nigeria have become unbearable for them.

Being at the receiving end of daily and unending aspersions and yet growing wider audience, Obi has only grown abuse absorbers and remained focused on his goal: getting to the helm of Nigeria affairs. A perfect human or politician exists nowhere in the world, and a fractional part of Nigerians may continue to take cutting tongues after Obi, Pandora's papers might have bared his feet of clay, he may be tagged "word-slurrer", "a joker without structure or huge resources", but for being a hope to many Nigerians and youths across tribes and religions, for igniting the political interest of many Nigerians who in the past would rather sleep at home on election days than vote, Peter Obi deserves some accolades. Regardless of differences in political views and affiliations, cut Peter Obi some slacks.

Hashim Yussuf Amao
Twitter: @LegalBard

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by Johnthejohn(m): 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
You are a patriot undecided

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by YourMrBoo: 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2023
You wrote well

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by mrvitalis(m): 6:25pm On Jan 13, 2023
Win or lose obi has perfected better than everyone initial expectations of him

Just like when he declared he would buy fidelity bank the branch manager laughed he bought it

Promised to turn a local bank fidelity bank to a big national Bank no one believed he did it

To when he was told to shout up on PDP party meeting by Chris uba he told them he would unsit PDP in Anambra ...when he joined APGA a then 3 months old party told people he would win Anambra governorship ...no body took him serious
Slowly he won over majority of Anambranians and won

When he was excluded from election he said he would reclaim his mandate changing the political landscape till today reason some governoship election hold at different dates ...that's thanks to obi

Obi has never followed the normal part ,he is underated at first always but he ends up taking those who oppose him by storm

Obi is a man

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by socialmediaman: 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by ElSudani: 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
Obi is a well packaged fraud.

1 Like

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by dominic17: 7:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
He is what Nigeria need right now, He will cut down cost of governance and reduce debt. He has proven he has the capacity. We should not allow those with structure of criminality to win otherwise they will finish the country finally

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by ZIKORAMAMACHI: 7:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
Urchin stop crying.
ElSudani:

18 Likes

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by HydraFeeds(m): 7:23pm On Jan 13, 2023
You referenced DMO but DMO said he’s owing 3 billion Naira debt before he left office .

Also about not being axed by EFCC , there are many bad people that are not punished in this world especially if they know how to wash the money through offshore banks.
Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by sweetonugbu: 7:25pm On Jan 13, 2023
OBI Bu ODOGWU.

6 Likes

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by Sergio101(m): 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
The Rock!!

4 Likes

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2023
mrvitalis:
Win or lose obi has perfected better than everyone initial expectations of him

Just like when he declared he would buy fidelity bank the branch manager laughed he bought it

Promised to turn a local bank fidelity bank to a big national Bank no one believed he did it

To when he was told to shout up on PDP party meeting by Chris uba he told them he would unsit PDP in Anambra ...when he joined APGA a then 3 months old party told people he would win Anambra governorship ...no body took him serious
Slowly he won over majority of Anambranians and won

When he was excluded from election he said he would reclaim his mandate changing the political landscape till today reason some governoship election hold at different dates ...that's thanks to obi

Obi has never followed the normal part ,he is underated at first always but he ends up taking those who oppose him by storm

Obi is a man
My brother, Obi is a big motivation to some of us who have given up in this country called Nigeria. I didn't vote in 2019 because I saw no motivation in voting same criminals speaking grammar and doing the opposite.

I felt 2023 will present same scenario of two criminals and fading my hope of queueing up to vote until this man came up. Win or lose, I have promised to make sure my vote counts.

10 Likes

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by TechW: 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
The only 5hing that will make obi not to win is tribalism, he is pole ahead of other contestants. I can't wait to see what he can do in the national level but the man go work ooh.

5 Likes

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by Mindlog: 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2023
Obi has gingered the 2023 race, less voters' apathy. Many who hitherto don't bother with voting, are eagerly awaiting the date to vote

5 Likes

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by RuddyFusion(m): 8:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
The INCOMING

1 Like

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by beelon1020(m): 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2023
What’s the big deal about it?
Everyone have one or two success story to tell,..
Atiku has some, and Tinubu has many far more then obi,.. even I have a lot too,..
No superman was born but they are made...
Tinubu fought with force of nature and won,..
as for me and my large families Tinubu has our vote...
We choose competency, Advanced development, initiative, innovation and idea driven person...
Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by Felabrity: 8:46pm On Jan 13, 2023
No one gave an f about labor party until 8 months ago

1 Like

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2023
Obi is a beacon of hope to anyone who will believe like wizkid can rise from the mud to aso rock.

2 Likes

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 13, 2023
Fair enough
Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by BeardedmeatR(m): 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2023
ElSudani:
Is Obi the one with identity, academic, ancestral and drugs related issues?

Obi has never been invited by any anti corruption agency home or abroad.

You yellow Bars are just very idiotic.

4 Likes

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by BeardedmeatR(m): 11:40pm On Jan 13, 2023
The masses have been taken for a ride for too long by those thieving old structures. They are wiser now.

1 Like

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by DSC7: 11:55pm On Jan 13, 2023
Obi we know.....

Obi we want ....

Obi is better....

ObiDatti to the rescue.....

Nothing will ever make me change my mind from Voting HE Peter Obi...

2 Likes

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by aariwa(m): 2:20am On Jan 14, 2023
Peter Obi is my president

2 Likes

Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by techWriter3: 5:13am On Jan 14, 2023
You they a Patriotism
Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by FreedomArmy: 5:25am On Jan 14, 2023
beelon1020:
What’s the big deal about it?
Everyone have one or two success story to tell,..
Atiku has some, and Tinubu has many far more then obi,.. even I have a lot too,..
No superman was born but they are made...
Tinubu fought with force of nature and won,..
as for me and my large families Tinubu has our vote...
We choose competency, Advanced development, initiative, innovation and idea driven person...
tell us what tinubu did apart from the usual one line liesyou guys say "He build Lagos"
Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by dominic17: 11:33am On Jan 14, 2023
If you call Obi a well package fraud what would you call Tinubu with all the crime in his name?
ElSudani:
Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by beelon1020(m): 5:40pm On Jan 14, 2023
FreedomArmy:
tell us what tinubu did apart from the usual one line liesyou guys say "He build Lagos"
OGA I can’t begin to schooled you guys all over again...
Last I checked, google is still your friend..
Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by FreedomArmy: 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
beelon1020:
OGA I can’t begin to schooled you guys all over again...
Last I checked, google is still your friend..
ok I have heard tinubu built the moon in Lagos.
Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by beelon1020(m): 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
FreedomArmy:
ok I have heard tinubu built the moon in Lagos.
Funny... out of proportion...
Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by Hashimyussufamao(m): 11:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by Urchinpainer: 5:58am On Jan 22, 2023
If not for Obi , we would have seen politicians frying Akara and plaiting hair
Re: Regardless, Cut Peter Obi Some Slacks by PrinceOfLagos: 6:02am On Jan 22, 2023
Peter Obi is the next President insha Allah

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Thrash Tinubu In Ikoyi Ward 2/3 Lagos / Labour Party Flogging APC And PDP In Plateau State / Another Great Reason Why I Love Lagos State And The Leadership. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.