Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) (17819 Views)

UNIMAID Lecturer, Dr Abdulkadir Murdered On Campus / 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS / Adekunle Ajasin University Students Protest Over Tuition Hike - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by Nchenches: 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2023
Students help yourselves: Don't let PDP or APC - two sides of the same coin, into Aso Rock again.
They are like twenty fingers of two leprous persons' hands.

Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by yommen: 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
CyberPreNurse:
School fees shouldn't be increased in a region that's suffering from poverty and illiteracy.

People would drop out and join Boko haram or banditry

Majority of the students might not actually from that region. Don't be surprised more Southerners form the major numbers.
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by CheapHomes1: 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
Ikemba007:
Shey students and their parents were insulting ASUU?

Dem never see anything!

Does FG pay lecturers salaries from school fees generated?
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by SmartPolician: 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
CyberPreNurse:
School fees shouldn't be increased in a region that's suffering from poverty and illiteracy.

Unnecessary comment!

University education isn't cheap!

You people want the best but you are not willing to pay for it.
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by CheapHomes1: 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
ceaser500:
These are the TEAM ASUU are fighting for their selfish interest ����. You guys have not seen anything. The schools MUST increase fees to stay afloat since FG is not ready to fund eduction.

Does FG pay lecturers salaries from school fees generated by universities?
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by Paracetamol01: 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
The future of the children need to be considered..... there will be insecurity, and instability will be on the rise because many children will be out of school . Reconsider your HIKE please
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by Japastic: 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
Them no want make poor man shudren go skul again. Wey that thunder!
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by jcflex(m): 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2023
adeola1097:
Only in Nigeria can Institutions act with impunity and no one to checkmate them. Hopefully our Incoming president puts a stop to this and intervene when issues like this come up.
The vegetable in Aso rock doesn’t even care and will always turn a blind eye.

Bfor you run your mouth like tap water.
The increment in sch fee is not from the institution.
It is a clear directive from FG (Ministry of Education) to all Federal institution.

All students in Federal institution should brace up for the fees hike from new academic session.

When ASUU dey fight, una dey yarb ASUU that they are selfish, you have staff 8months at home, una wan go back to school.
You guys are back in school now, jejely face the sch fees hike

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by Pwettylinda(f): 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2023
Doyou2019:

Ask dem now, dem go say na Shitman go do am for dem.
Dumbasses!

grin cheesy

Bring Buhari into the ballot they will still vote for him

I never people wey be like northerners before

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by ABUPHARM(m): 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2023
yommen:

Majority of the students might not actually from that region. Don't be surprised more Southerners form the major numbers.
Nah. Majority of the students are from the region but there are also significant numbers of southern students. Southerners are never in majority.
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by Picardor2: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2023
CyberPreNurse:
Students of the university of Maiduguri have taken to social media to protest the increase in school fees.

The university increased its fees by over 200%.

#UnimaidFeesHike is currently trending on twitter

A lot of students have given up and are already considering to drop out due to this fees hike.

Nlfpmod pls do the needful

#UnimaidFeesHike

This is small compared to how DAVE UMAHI is squeezing the necks of non indigenes in the state university EBSU. I heard the pay more than 200k in medical courses and nobody is doing anything about it. Suffering and smiling while ppl suffer. Is well.
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by ComradeShegs(m): 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2023
Canvass:
Former ABU's VC and bursar were arraigned for embezzlement of over a billion naira this last week. I'm aware of the same in FUOYE. Are these people looking for increased funding by all means so they too can have money to steal like the politicians or because they want better education for Nigerian students? Their moves are becoming suspicious o.

I was paying 19k as tuition fees under Ibrahim Garba. The money he embezzled was remitted by FG into the schools account for an hostel in Kongo campus.

2 Likes

Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by lampido22: 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
I'll never pity them because they will still vote their tormentors
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by CodeTemplar: 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
CyberPreNurse:

what a line of reasoning!
School fees covers certain costs or expenditures of the school administration and therefore can be influenced by economic trend inflation. Who carries the extra cost at a time FG is cash strapped?
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by Judolisco(m): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
When ASUU dey talk una dey talk nonsense... Expect more tuition increase across institutions in Nigeria.... And ASUU won't say shitt

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by BennyDGreat: 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
Help8:
My own na Nepa Bill Hike, how can Nepa bring Bill of 26k every month now n expect me to pay, I mean who does that undecided, last month was 22k this month 26k

Rush collect prepaid. It will move to 40k within a few months
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by BloomingDale(f): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
The increase is too small na. Government must hands off education. Let them pay for it. No more government funding you, only for you to Japa.
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by Coldie(m): 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2023
Dbegining:
This school fees hike is happening in almost every Federal University

The other day it was Unilorin.

I think it's a way to generate revenue but at the cost of the students. As in some people pay the old fees with begging relatives and doing menial works now talk more of the new hiked fees.

Which University I it going to be next?
The worst is that the way they are increasing it u would think there’s one job somewhere they are coming out to do. Only for people who paid over 200k fees per year to be doing pos work or working for 30k a month as teachers
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by Timoleon(m): 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2023
That’s how mis information spreads. First from the article you red which falsely misrepresented the figures by claiming it was a billion whereas the body of the article contained actual figures of 998million. Now you have increased it to over a billion. Note, I am not justifying corruption. But where facts cannot be separated from fiction, it becomes difficult to tell where the leakages are.
Canvass:
Former ABU's VC and bursar were arraigned for embezzlement of over a billion naira this last week. I'm aware of the same in FUOYE. Are these people looking for increased funding by all means so they too can have money to steal like the politicians or because they want better education for Nigerian students? Their moves are becoming suspicious o.
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by eben97: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2023
Help8:
My own na Nepa Bill Hike, how can Nepa bring Bill of 26k every month now n expect me to pay, I mean who does that undecided, last month was 22k this month 26k

MINE was 15k last month n now 20k yday! No salary yet o!Just my electronics no hard appliances
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by Bluffly: 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2023
Universoty education is not basic. Literacy starts from thr beginning. If Literacy cannot be achieved at Grafuating from college then the society has gone to the dogs becquse the umiversity will only pokish nonsense and same polished nonsense will become lecturers at same university
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by Timoleon(m): 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2023
A governor once declared that education is not for the poor after increasing school fees without increasing minimum wage in his state.
ZombieTERROR:
That's what you get with APc

Anti people policies everywhere
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by hush15: 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
CyberPreNurse:

And we don't want ASUU strike... Neway, there is one more solution and that's

Obi.
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by HeroicMeastro: 6:49pm On Jan 14, 2023
Doyou2019:

Dumbasses!
Na who be shitman?
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by HeroicMeastro: 6:49pm On Jan 14, 2023
Doyou2019:

Dumbasses!
Na who come be shitman?
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by oneclickng: 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2023
Abokis won't be able to attend formal education anymore
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by ThatCEO: 6:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
Why d they protesting? They n their parents voted bad government. Election will soon come, they will still vote idiots. Lecturers were not paid for 8 months n no body is talking about it. They shd please shit up, pay up, or get kicked out

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by ThatCEO: 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2023
Pwettylinda:

grin cheesy

Bring Buhari into the ballot they will still vote for him

I never people wey be like northerners before

U gerrit, any idiot among them that refused to pay should be kicked out. Election is next year, they are already bracing up to vote in more idiots
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by GOVERNORR: 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
Good for Bats campaign and Bad for Obidients who's Vice ain't from Borno
Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by Enskynelson(m): 7:06pm On Jan 14, 2023
Choose between ASUU strike and Fees hike!

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by lawrenzooo: 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2023
Ikemba007:
Shey students and their parents were insulting ASUU?

Dem never see anything!

E just dey start! Their eyes go clear...!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) by ogawisdom(m): 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
Everything else has increased by over 300% under APC so school fees won't be an exception.

They should protest with their PVC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti State University New Scheduled School Fees For 2016/2017 / How To Lock Your Pussy During Sex / Man Celebrates His Trader Mum Who Sponsored His Education As He Graduates (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.