Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs (14776 Views)

'Tinubu Has Elevated Blame Game To The Next Level' - Atiku's Camp To Onanuga / NLC To Onanuga: An Overzealous Hireling Trying To Gain His Principal's Confidenc / South-East Senators Won Election But Allowed Tinubu To Suffer Defeat- Afegbua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by EmmyDJourno: 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2023
Tinubu can’t perform at live events, God abeg angry
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by kanuchibuezeo: 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2023
The matter is between two Yoruba men but some people won't sleep well if they don't involve the Igbos in the matter.
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by okorogodwin4(m): 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2023
I stopped watching TVC when I discovered that it was own by a criminal and drug lord
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by ERlS(f): 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
Buddha3:

Outside the routine rhetorics and assertions of Tinubu "building Lagos", evidences for which we have clearly and consistently sought but never provided in comprehensive details, kindly enumerate these your "strong points" that have given you such a firm conviction about Tinubu being the best of the three.

It is important to reiterate once again, that I am on the list of undecided Nigerians with a PVC, because I am still strongly considering all the viable alternatives before the elections come.

I find it really weird you're still on the fence at this point in time and knowing fully well the falsehoods propagated by tinubu's camp, you're part of the problem.
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Oziens: 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hambivert:
Another Buhari is sparogatively loading
...but this time it would in be a Town Hall different...
You are wrong. This one is Worst than Buhari ooO. At least Buhari was on live coverage during pee electioneering season in 2014/2015. May Asiwaju Bola Ahmed & Shetimma NEVER Happens to This Country in dream & real life .....
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by leofab(f): 9:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
LegendHero:

Other media organizations are there but Tinubu just don’t want anything to do with Arise TV. So why are they illegally trying to cover his activities?

Arise TV act as opposition party to Tinubu, so Tinubu is treating them as such considering the fact that their owner is pro-PDP.
his activities in his bedroom ? Is he the only one present or you are just making a free ad for stupid people?
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Pityoobi: 9:55pm On Jan 14, 2023
okoroemeka:
the why in your post requires you to go back in history to get the answers from the aftermath of the first coup,the genocide in the north and in the military of Igbo officers,the aburi Accord,the hunger policy as a weapon,the 20 pounds policy and many more,the average Igbo man or woman does not know anything about that coup why kill almost 30,000 innocent men,women and children in cold blood and expect they will not defend themselves,all this are why they stopped teaching history in schools so people like you will not know the truth
Well I think you need some history lessons… you don’t have to cherry pick false information or half truth as facts.

May be you need to tell us why, Kaduna Ezeogwu started a needless bloody coup that summarily executed Tafa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello and co in their prime, while preserving the lives of igbo politicians of that era.

Despite the facts that the northern oligarchy formed the first republic government with the Igbos by sidelining the Yorubas.

Igbos didn’t waste time by killing the Northern elites while sparing Nanmdi Azikwe and co in order to dominate the rest of the country.

Igbos got what they wanted and the first Military head of state was an Igbo man. Igbos betrayed the North and stabbed them in the back instead…This is the genesis of all anarchy in Nigeria.

Resentment against the Igbos began in the northern region where many Igbos were killed in an uprising against the killings of their elite politicians by the Igbos.

This also led to counter coup by the northerners that eventually dethroned Aguyi Ironsi and subsequent execution,

It even alleged that Kaduna Ezeogwu personally shot Ahmadu Bello and his wife.

But instead of the Igbos to show some restraint they chose war. Ojukwu was on a rant smoking during peace meetings and showing foolish confidence of defeating the Nigerian army.

Let me stop here because your brain fit no carry am.
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by ebakhaiyhe(m): 10:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
When your foolish TV decides to have sense, you will be allowed to cover events.

Why will a private TV station be that partisan! Spits
Can you hear yourself. How can logical report be turned into bias report. Only those that have something to hide that are afraid of live coverage
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
ERlS:

I find it really weird you're still on the fence at this point in time and knowing fully well the falsehoods propagated by tinubu's camp, you're part of the problem.

I am not part of the problems.

Our long list of leadership failures over the decades has left a fine number of Nigerians with trust issues. We seem to retrogress with every new Government. The campaigns bring raised hopes and mounting expectations, we go to the ballots and continually end up with failures. What's to say this crop of aspiring leaders are going to be any better?

This was how the vast majority saw the supposed messianic tendencies in Muhammadu Buhari in 2015. Having carefully understudied his previous attempt at National Governance, I didn't vote for him and did my best to convince friends and family against electing him. 7 and half years down the line, we all know the story.

Truth be told, none of the three top contenders leave much to be desired. They all have their competencies but you cannot argue that they come with baggages.

So one indeed has to be careful.
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by emkz: 10:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
uba1991:
instead of writing like a fool why not go and read the news. The director of arise news was accredited.
The event was organised by economic summit and they have already approved the media.
Remember, Atiku was the first to attend that summit, there was no problems. Infact, I watched Atiku own live in my house on Arise Tv.
Peter Obi also went for the same summit there was no problems
Why is Tinubu having issue with the media.
What is Tinubu hiding?
The signs are there for everyone to see but some people will still foolishly vote for Tinubu because of religion.

Please do us a favour and stay away from discussions above your understanding.

I can't engage someone with a low IQ whose only way of engaging in discussions is throwing insults like a spoilt child.

Thanks!
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by ERlS(f): 10:16pm On Jan 14, 2023
Buddha3:

I am not part of the problems.

Our long list of leadership failures over the decades has left a fine number of Nigerians with trust issues. We seem to retrogress with every new Government. The campaigns bring raised hopes and mounting expectations, we go to the ballots and continually end up with failures. What's to say this crop of aspiring leaders are going to be any better?

This was how the vast majority saw the supposed messianic tendencies in Muhammadu Buhari in 2015. Having carefully understudied his previous attempt at National Governance, I didn't vote for him and did my best to convince friends and family against electing him. 7 and half years down the line, we all know the story.

Truth be told, none of the three top contenders leave much to be desired. They all have their competencies but you cannot argue that they come with baggages.

So one indeed has to be careful.

All this one is story to justify apathy. Check the antecedents of the leading candidates then compare & contrast, the answer is glaringly obvious but you willingly turn a blind eye due to reasons known to you or is this just closet agbadorianism at play here grin because one cannot afford to be straddling the fence at this crucial time. The criminality of atiku & tinubu is no secret but i guess you can keep pondering & navelgazing into futility

1 Like

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by toltee4real: 10:28pm On Jan 14, 2023
[quote author=Kajaard post=120033521]

Was it not a public event?

Are all news stations not allowed at public events?

[/quote

But arise tv is privately owned na?
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Kajaard: 10:33pm On Jan 14, 2023
toltee4real:

But arise TV is a news station na undecided

There is no where in the world where private news stations are barred from public events
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 14, 2023
ERlS:

All this one is story to justify apathy. Check the antecedents of the leading candidates then compare & contrast, the answer is glaringly obvious but you willingly turn a blind eye due to reasons known to you or is this just closet agbadorianism at play here grin because one cannot afford to be straddling the fence at this crucial time. The criminality of atiku & tinubu is no secret but i guess you can keep pondering & navelgazing into futility

You do realise you can communicate with me without having to sound condescending, right?

And I trust you also realise that I am not obligated to justifying my decisions to you as regards the issue afoot? If my simple explanation makes no sense to you, the onus is on you to believe whatever delights your mind.
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by ERlS(f): 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2023
Buddha3:

You do realise you can communicate with me without having to sound condescending, right?

And I trust you also realise that I am not obligated to justifying my decisions to you as regards the issue afoot? If my simple explanation makes no sense to you, the onus is on you to believe whatever delights your mind.

Sure. That's your prerogative as you only have one vote. However, apathy helps no one especially when an existential threat is looming over our heads in which you will not be immune from so its quite irksome to read as reality does not demand it. Like they say, "werey dey disguise" and if that doesn't apply to you, then my apologies. Just sha vote wisely

1 Like

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 14, 2023
ERlS:

Sure. That's your prerogative as you only have one vote. However, apathy helps no one especially when an existential threat is looming over our heads in which you will not be immune from so its quite irksome to read as reality does not demand it. Like they say, "werey dey disguise" and if that doesn't apply to you, then my apologies. Just sha vote wisely

Quite noted.
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Okoroawusa: 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2023
Arisetv is going down
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 15, 2023
Aufbauh:
AriseTV Is it by force to cover someone's activities?

Arise TV is the most unprofessional media house in the world. I have written so many short articles and made submissions against them on nairaland.

Their founder started with weekly magazine which was proscribed by Military government before coming out with Thisday. He was used against Abiola in 1993. Tom Ikimi and Nduka Obaigbena were in NRC. Nduka Obaigbena specifically requested for cancelation of June 12 election because Abiola wore clothes with MKO written on the cap and a Horse design on the Agbada (Babariga).

Arise TV cannot win this battle. Arise TV has lost this battle. The God of Abiola will fight Arise TV irrespective of his daughter on a program there after the collapse of Abiola business empire.

Bayo Onanuga and Dele Alake are experienced journalists Abati and Nduka Obaigbena are aware of this. Journalism like every other professions have ethics and rules. You cannot disobey ethics and rules and expect experienced journalists to keep quiet. Is it by force to interview or cover Tinubu's event? They should be following Obi and Tinubu and about 15 other aspirants.

3 Likes

Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by maasoap(m): 6:30am On Jan 15, 2023
Born2Breed:
This man has always been an ass-licker. He was one of those who sold out Dele Giwa.

They have not gained power but already stifling the fourth estate.

These people must push out of the political space forever—we should delete anything APC from our memory.

APC said that they don't want anything to do with Arise TV, that Arise TV should continue with their bias
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by wirinet(m): 9:02am On Jan 15, 2023
maasoap:

APC said that they don't want anything to do with Arise TV, that Arise TV should continue with their bias

If APC truly doesn't want anything to do with Arise TV, they should deregister as a political party and register as a social party. As long as APC wants to govern Nigerians, they have to tolerate Nigerian press, bias or partial.
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by Henryfortune(m): 9:27am On Jan 15, 2023
Kajaard:

Was it not a public event?

Are all news stations not allowed at public events?

Sometimes I wonder ow you think saying are all news station not invited to events..... Even if it is a public event do you just jump into an event make life coverage without been invited or given a permission.. pls stop all this and be objective in ur arguments...if only DStv was to cover a a game did you see any other station air such games? Everything have a process and such must be followed other tv station at the event did not do live broadcast why Ariz
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:43am On Jan 15, 2023
Born2Breed:
This man has always been an ass-licker. He was one of those who sold out Dele Giwa.

They have not gained power but already stifling the fourth estate.

These people must push out of the political space forever—we should delete anything APC from our memory.

You're Bumbo.

Never go to where you're not invited is a golden rule.

Arise was never invited so why gatecrashing?

Don't be blinded by your interest in Obi
Re: ARISE To Onanuga: Journalists Shouldn't Be Harassed But Allowed To Do Their Jobs by maasoap(m): 2:58pm On Jan 15, 2023
wirinet:

If APC truly doesn't want anything to do with Arise TV, they should deregister as a political party and register as a social party. As long as APC wants to govern Nigerians, they have to tolerate Nigerian press, bias or partial.

Arise TV is not the same as Nigerian Press but a member of NP. There is a big difference.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Departs Lagos And Flies To Senegal (Photos) / Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Workers Turn To Begging For Survival - Punch / Emir Sanusi Spotted With Delegates At Kano Airport Enroute Maiduguri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.