Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? (13248 Views)

Job Opening For A Chief Of Staff Or Senior Executive Assistant / Hotel Staff Vacancy In Abeokuta (immediate Employment) / Bar Waitress & Hotel Staff Needed In Agbor Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by lavylilly: 2:16am On Jan 15, 2023
Please joblanders, I need your advice.
Currently, I am a duty/maintenance manager in a hotel and I earn about 100k monthly, the job is stressful as I only spend a night in my house every week, most times I sleep in the hotel because I work at night. I am not complaining about the stress for now, because I am not married.

I got a job as a graduate in a State Internal Revenue Agency, same salary. But I want to seek advice from people who may have worked there before.
Do they pay well?
What are the benefits attached to the job as I enjoy, service charge, HMO, 13th month, Paid leave
As a graduate, what are your thoughts?
If it was less than 100k, would you advise me to go for it?

Summarily, Hotel Manager and State Internal Revenue Staff, which one should I go for

4 Likes

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by funshint(m): 2:42am On Jan 15, 2023
You shouldn't be asking this type of question. A private hotel that might decide to lay you off at anytime compared to a govt agency. Not even talking about the stress...even if the govt work doesn't pay like the hotel work I'll still urge you to leave. The govt work assures you some level of job security and peace of mind. Overtime you get promotions, opportunity to build your career and other benefits we might not know now. The work-life balance of govt work is also very okay; majorly you'll only work Monday-Friday while you have your weekends to rest and do other meaningful things important to you life, as against hotel work where you're working like a slave. Except you no like better thing go for the govt work.

N.B- why will you put all your personal info(phone no and Twitter handle) on your nairaland profile? It's very risky except you yourself have some malicious intentions!

143 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by alukstea(m): 5:05am On Jan 15, 2023
If after the advice from he nairalander above, you still seek another validation then you should do what so ever you want to.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by Kingpin1000: 5:49am On Jan 15, 2023
Bros if I want to be sarcastic. I would have adviced you to continue with the Hotel Job where you can pick any of the suites to pass the night. The Hotel manager Job is very profitable, because you'll reap your boss of those short time money. But one day you'll be layed off and you'll have a reality check. Private businesses can lay you off on any given day.

18 Likes

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by falcon01: 6:16am On Jan 15, 2023
The first guy said it all

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by robinso01(m): 8:16am On Jan 15, 2023
On a norms, you should not be asking about which you should take before taking the Govt agency offer.

6 Likes

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by kalu61(m): 8:30am On Jan 15, 2023
Just 20minutes ago, l went downstairs to collect a cloth l gave the laundry guy in my hotel to wash last night against today's service.

At the counter, the manager was asking a lady closing account how much was made yesterday from the swimming pool, she said 8k. The manager said write 5k.
Is it this little little stuff that made you confused over a government job with security, gratuity and time for side hustle?

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by visaclick: 10:23am On Jan 15, 2023
Hotel jobs grin grin soon yourself will join the "Agatha from oSaPa" babes

7 Likes

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by PlsBanMe: 10:38am On Jan 15, 2023
Remain in that hotel job. You may not believe it but you won't earn 100k as salary in ten years working for state government, unless you work for state hospitals management board and I think the ministry of justice.

With your present job, you can land a better job someday either with private companies or with some agencies of the federal government.

What's the essence of a job with security that doesn't pay?

Well, if you don't like money, you can join. I am guessing your salary may not even be up to 50k as a level 8 step 2 state worker. In some states yet to start payment of 30k minimum wage, you won't earn up to 40k.

Think before you leap.

10 Likes

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by Rubyjade: 10:35pm On Jan 15, 2023
PlsBanMe:
Remain in that hotel job. You may not believe it but you won't earn 100k as salary in ten years working for state government, unless you work for state hospitals management board and I think the ministry of justice.

With your present job, you can land a better job someday either with private companies or with some agencies of the federal government.

Well, if you don't like money, you can join. I am guessing your salary may not even be up to 50k as a level 8 step 2 state worker. In some states yet to start payment of 30k minimum wage, you won't earn up to 40k.

Think before you leap.
Another angle

6 Likes

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by jacobnel(m): 10:15am On Jan 16, 2023
This one naa question? Hotel work naa work. Even if in the Hotel Work, they are paying you 200k than the State Internal Revenue work,still Choose the State Internal Revenue work. That work naa life time work. You go work till you retired,no be hotel work wey if your Oga is not a politican Dem will no get visitor and you go turn to marketers.

[quote author=lavylilly post=120041968][/quote]
Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by southsouthking(m): 11:56am On Jan 16, 2023
Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by Sarkin: 11:56am On Jan 16, 2023
Are u insane?

3 Likes

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by Frosheer(m): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2023
any one that make sense
Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by Olumaeme: 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
Are you asking this question?

A hotel that can close their eye and sack you whenever they want?

Omo, go for IRS.
Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by ogododo: 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2023

IRS buroda.
Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by Realmi: 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
Una start again oo
Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2023
Is this some sort of joke or what?

Who gives two thoughts to picking one between a hotel and an IRS job?

You sometimes read things on nairaland that make you believe some people put up fabricated threads just for fun or to gauge people's reactions to provocations.

6 Likes

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by madridguy(m): 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2023
Revenue job is better.
Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by WHITELIGHTER: 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2023
I dont think a supposed graduate who's well aware of anything, should be asking this question?

it is odd actually

8 Likes

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by mrksquare: 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2023

Young man, Internal Revenue is a cash cow. Seize the opportunity. Don't let it slide.

2 Likes

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by alingo2013(m): 12:03pm On Jan 16, 2023
PlsBanMe:

Think before you leap.

He said the govt work salary was the same with the hotel

2 Likes

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by jamesversion: 12:06pm On Jan 16, 2023
Hotel job is better, atleast you get to see alot of female patrons and you can steal their phone numbers from the daily guest register and call them. You could be lucky enough to have sex romp from a few. It is the perks of the business. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by Lanretoye(m): 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2023
You said you got a job in a state irs,dem no tell you your remuneration?
Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by iammolise(m): 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2023
alukstea:
If after the advice from he nairalander above, you still seek another validation then you should do what so ever you want to.
collect hand shake comrade (quite sad no handshake emojis on NL)... I believe no matter the advice I give to you you'll still take your own advice in the end. So why do I have to waste too much saliva.

1 Like

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by Chris2863(m): 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2023
Are you sure you are even qualified for the IRS job because I see no reason why a graduate should be asking this kind of question. As if hotel job nah job

3 Likes

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by Nursepepeye(f): 12:13pm On Jan 16, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=120041968][/quote]IRS STAFF. Don't ask again. Go as fast as you can. Come and pay me tithe
Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by sageb: 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2023
Go for the state internal revenue job. The hotel may lay you off at any time. Think about job security and other benefits that comes with a government job.
Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by Shalashaska: 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2023
IRS for the simple reason you will work 9am to 5pm and go home to sleep.
Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by Shalashaska: 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2023
jamesversion:
Hotel job is better, atleast you get to see alot of female patrons and you can steal their phone numbers from the daily guest register and call them. You could be lucky enough to have sex romp from a few. It is the perks of the business. grin

Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by Godsown0: 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2023
funshint:
You shouldn't be asking this type of question. A private hotel that might decide to lay you off at anytime compared to a govt agency. Not even talking about the stress...even if the govt work doesn't pay like the hotel work I'll still urge you to leave. The govt work assures you some level of job security and peace of mind. Overtime you get promotions, opportunity to build your career and other benefits we might not know now. The work-life balance of govt work is also very okay; majorly you'll only work Monday-Friday while you have your weekends to rest and do other meaningful things important to you life, as against hotel work where you're working like a slave. Except you no like better thing go for the govt work.

N.B- why will you put all your personal info(phone no and Twitter handle) on your nairaland profile? It's very risky except you yourself have some malicious intentions!

Dey play just dey play
Re: Hotel Staff Or IRS Staff? Which Should I Go For? by sterlingD(m): 12:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
Let me chip in an angle you see that IRS job a time may come when the state government will decide to absorb or open up opportunities for them to enter the core civil service.This l have seen happen in one state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An International Secondary School In Port Harcourt Is Recruiting Teachers / How To Apply For World Bank's Young Professional Program 2019 / Police Warn Over Placing Adverts For Drivers And Maids In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.