Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake (5554 Views)

Nigerian Claims Ownership Of 24 Kids, Gets €22k Monthly Child Support From Germa / DNA Test Saga Has Made Some Ladies Reveal Their Secrets ( Pics Included / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by GistFullGround: 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2023
Q
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by SMGGroup: 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
eazzzy1:
The court will be the ultimate decider of what is paid in alimony and child support not a prenup. The court can decide the prenuptial agreement is unfair to one party.

You wouldn’t have to pay alimony unless your wife doesn’t work, or there’s a huge disparity in your incomes. With child support, as long as you get joint custody, you wouldn’t have to pay much or pay at all, the court may give you certain financial roles in the children lives but you won’t have to pay your wife anything.

If you don’t want to pay alimony or child support, asides having a prenup, make sure you have a working wife who makes money on the same level as you do. If you are the typical Naija man who likes to be the sole provider, then the court will say she’s accustomed to the lifestyle, now you are a provider to her and her new man until she decides to remarry.

Is it possible to be living in the west, but during the process of divorce, you bring the case to a Nigerian court
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
Which woman on earth would still love her husband wholeheartedly after being made to sign a prenuptial agreement?

How can a woman give in her all in a marriage she was told to sign prenuptial agreement?

Why didn't you tell her in the early stage of the relationship that you believe in prenuptial agreement?

After she wasted years dating you, you suddenly decide to give her stuffs to sign, because you know she has gone so far in the relationship and will do anything to keep you.

You are selfish.

Hopefully, she is a wise woman and will know how to handle it. Even after signing it, she can have her own "pound of flesh" after marriage.
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by ppaul86: 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2023
Wait oo, what's the meaning of prenup in the first place.
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by chimpad: 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
Trust my foot. I guess you are live in Africa, which is gonna make it so hard for you to grasp the reality of how things operate in the west. The man has raised the most valid and sensitive topic. Look dnt get paranoid. We live here and it's our bane, our fear and nighmare. In the west, you just have to use your head and not this trust and love bullcrap. It's all man for himself.
erad:
What's all this stress you're putting yourself through.
Then don't get married if you're so bothered about money and property and what your wife gets.

You bringing all these up means you already think to a sizeable extent that the marriage will fail,
what then is the point?

Did you die all these while that you were not married?
It's starting to look like paranoia to me.

If you don't trust her enough, then let her go and move on with your life.
It's pretty simple.
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by seanwilliam(m): 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
child support is based on what you earn ,hide as much money as you can in offshore account,not saying you should neglect the child but no damn way I'm splitting my money in half
hmmm. Is the offshore account not traceable ?
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by seanwilliam(m): 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2023
erad:
Then don't get married if you're so bothered about money and property and what your wife gets.

You bringing all these up means you already think to a sizeable extent that the marriage will fail,
what then is the point?

It's pretty simple.
bro it’s not about not trusting her, it’s about playing safe.

No matter the perspective you look at it, people change .
Those that this thing happened to trusted their partners.
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by Ballzproblem2: 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2023
seanwilliam:
hmmm. Is the offshore account not traceable ?
nope the court don't have jurisdiction there
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by seanwilliam(m): 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
Which woman on earth would still love her husband wholeheartedly after being made to sign a prenuptial agreement?

How can a woman give in her all in a marriage she was told to sign prenuptial agreement?

Why didn't you tell her in the early stage of the relationship that you believe in prenuptial agreement?

After she wasted years dating you, you suddenly decide to give her stuffs to sign, because you know she has gone so far in the relationship and will do anything to keep you.

You are selfish.

Hopefully, she is a wise woman and will know how to handle it. Even after signing it, she can have her own "pound of flesh" after marriage.
He’s not selfish!
He’s just being cautious . People change.

It doesn’t mean he doesn’t trust his wife.

I can trust and love you 100% but I will always prepare for the worst . If Jesus could be betrayed , if Adam could be fooled , who is op?

1 Like

Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by Positiveme2020: 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2023
segtech68:
we are in the last days... too many fake love every where. i have to be careful of the future. interview one thousand married men today, 90 to 99% percent will tell you they wouldn't have gotten married. Divorce cases flying every corner of the news, why shouldn't i take cautions.

They don't know what it means to Part with what you have struggled for alone. I am actually learning from this your post and contribution.
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by SunMusk(m): 5:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
[it was pre nuptial that save Dr dre. Not the way round. Eh thy woman was asking for even before the final divorce was killing. quote author=RedpillAnalyst post=120115601]Prenuptial agreement is not ironclad.

1) It does not have anything to do with kid. The kid is a new entity

The law is such that kids get to enjoy same quality lifestyle as the father. If you are a millionaire and you fly first class. Your kid has right to same lifestyle and your ex will use law to milk you dry through the kid.

2) Prenuptial Agreement can be invalidated first. If she claimed she was under duress, she was drunk, you didn't video her while signing with a beautiful smile appending her signature to the agreement. Also, if she can prove harm from domestic violence. The Judge and the bailiff will use your prenup paper to wipe your ass and get you for your last cent

Dr Dre had a prenup, he still got owned by the evil system.

[/quote]
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by HaneefahRN(f): 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
Mumu op, you never marry you don dey plan divorce. Just don't marry and hold on to your wealth

1 Like

Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by Nyascobar1414: 10:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
acewines:

Nice write up

But what if he gets (tricks)her to sign a document where it states that in case of divorce, she is only entitled to anything the husband gives to her or she is entitled to nothing as spousal support etc?

What if he has a trusted brother or family who will keep everything

Eg.. I have properties in my brother's names etc, and just lil in my name, what happens should there be divorce??

the lil properties in your name will be shared amongst your child and wife,though half of your your current and continuous source of Income will be substituted to them..

Lol, This your Idea is dope though..
If you have trusted family members,deal is done.
Good
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by Nyascobar1414: 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2023
A wise man once said, as a man, as you prepare for marriage prepare for divorce..

You better have pre-conceived notions or else vvomen go use you play.
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by All4good: 12:14am On Jan 18, 2023
abbey621:
Rather than waste your time on prenups and rhetorical questions surrounding alimony and child support, the question you should be asking is what assets do you have? Where are your investments? Logic dictates that you should diversify yourself so that one country's law does not permanently relegate your life!

For example, if you live abroad, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Invest in other countries or set up a business headed by a trust, this way none of the assets are tied to your personal issues. In the end if you must live abroad and you're earning employment income, step into the 21st century and start a business as well. Your business will help offset your personal income tax liabilities and in case of divorce/alimony/child support, it will reduce the amount considered as your net income.

Finally, the greatest weapon is wisdom. People change, this is why you don't marry just the person but the family as well. A woman from a good home would not want to lead you into ruins. Similarly if you're from a good home as well, you wouldn't want to maltreat your woman. No prenup or calculative move can substitute for a solid foundation built on love, loyalty, trust and respect; BE WISE!
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by satandeterrible: 1:52am On Jan 18, 2023
erad:

what then is the point?

It's pretty simple.
Bla Bla Bla

It is this same naive and infantile mindset that most men who were 'blinded by love' had. They fooled themselves into thinking their marriage will last forever until divorce happened and they lost all because they didn't plan for it.

Women are very fickle and Machavelian in nature.

A wise man hopes for the best but expects and prepares for the worst.
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by EnterpriseMan: 4:08am On Jan 18, 2023
segtech68:
hi everybody, i created a topic earlier asking how i could politely tell my fiance that i don't want court wedding , thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate. I've decided to go for the prenup option, from your advice I've come to realize that doing the court marriage is the best , not for the sake of traveling because I've been traveling for short stay in and out of the country for quite some times.
https://www.nairaland.com/7519526/how-tell-fiancee-dont-want

My question now is , is it possible to determine what a women gets for child support and alimony in the prenup if there's divorce. I love her and i trust her, i just don't want to make the mistake just incase she changes when we finally settle down in a western country. I've heard of many men paying outrageous amount on child support.

I know the prenup takes care of what the property and cash but does it also takes care of alimony and child support ?

Is there a system or a legal document where the man could voluntary decide what he wishes to pay his wife and voluntarily decide what to pay for child support?

I appreciate your comments, and please don't judge me, i'm just trying to be careful and as much as i wish for an ever lasting marriage yet Change is the only constant in life...
A prenup is a good idea, but a column must also be added in the prenup that at the date she signed this, she was of a sound mental health and have her get a mental and a valid document to prove this.
The only thing a prenup can't decide is child custody and child support. I have a uncle (lawyer) in France, and he says property wise, a prenuptial agreement can protect you 100% in any western country, but child custody is determined by the judge, and child support by your income and number of children until the spouse remarries.

NB: if the court decides you're the better option for the children and grants you custody, you don't get to pay anything.
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by cococandy(f): 6:55am On Jan 18, 2023
What an ignorant lie
Nyascobar1414:
about 50% or 70% of what you earned will be given to your wife and kid/s as spousal support... If you need loyalty from a living thing, Get a dog.

The west is all about women and children..

MGTOW!

1 Like

Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by cococandy(f): 6:56am On Jan 18, 2023
Amen
GloriousGbola:

Stay in the shithole 3rd world country

No need for all this long epistle

You cannot eat your cake and have it.

So many people want to run to the west for emancipation and yet they want to carry the same culture that made their country a shithole with them

Pick a struggle.
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by cococandy(f): 7:02am On Jan 18, 2023
He doesn’t have issues with his fiancé YET. It’s the nairaland ignoramuses that are messing with his brain.

Marriage he never do. Relocate he never go. He’s already making plans for a future in which he sees her as financially beneath him. Not knowing that they can get here and she will be trailing blazes while he struggles to catch up financially. .

00FFT00:

In my neck of the woods, there is a structured table of child support payments for a child according to age progression. No court will accept a prenup that disadvantages a child south of what the law stipulates.

What you may want to get comfortable with, however, is that you cannot shirk your responsibility towards a child in most western countries. Many men and women had had to become residents of penitentiaries and still have to make these payments or lost substantial societal privileges.

If you are not comfortable with your woman at this time, perhaps, tally a while you sort out where your head belongs on the issue.

3 Likes

Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by cococandy(f): 7:03am On Jan 18, 2023
Positiveme2020:

They don't know what it means to Part with what you have struggled for alone. I am actually learning from this your post and contribution.
if he’s married then he’s not struggling alone is he?
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 18, 2023
Nyascobar1414:

the lil properties in your name will be shared amongst your child and wife,though half of your your current and continuous source of Income will be substituted to them..

Good

Good

Cus that's what I did

My immediate senior brother is my financial adviser plus manager who controls what I get in his name including my business o etc

But my other brothers know and we have a written agreement which is secretly kept away from my sister and wife etc.. so it's like saying my wife knows I own my business and other things but in the face of the law my brother owns everything and I'm just managing it/ staying there for the mean time or till he asks me to leave.... trust women at your own peril/ risks
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by HltSong: 11:54am On Jan 18, 2023
Nyascobar1414:
A wise man once said, as a man, as you prepare for marriage prepare for divorce..

You better have pre-conceived notions or else vvomen go use you play.

Na ash@wo you go marry..prepare!!
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by HltSong: 11:55am On Jan 18, 2023
Nyascobar1414:

Good

You get property? Failed jambite.
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by Positiveme2020: 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2023
cococandy:
if he’s married then he’s not struggling alone is he?
He is not yet married, if you read his first post. So he struggled alone .
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by cococandy(f): 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2023
Positiveme2020:

He is not yet married, if you read his first post. So he struggled alone .
kindly ask him right now this moment what he has accumulated in this his so called struggle that he did alone
Re: Can Child Support Amount Be Included In Prenup For Future Sake by Positiveme2020: 6:10pm On Jan 18, 2023
cococandy:
kindly ask him right now this moment what he has accumulated in this his so called struggle that he did alone
He wears the shoe and know where it pinches, hence he is trying to take precautions, which is not a bad idea.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Not Embrace Gay Marriage / Is Experience Really The Best Teacher? / Is it right for a man to wash his Wife's Pant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.