Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered (1622 Views)

Notable signatures of Lugard, Zik, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, Gani, Ojukwu & others / Ahmadu Bello Playing Cricket In 1950 (Throwback Photo) / Yahaya Bello And Edward Onoja In Silent War Over Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by tinsel: 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2023
On this day January 15th, Sir Ahmadu Bello, wife and others were brutally murdered in a first coup led by Major Nzeogwu.
https://mobile.twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1614633085374697472?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

2 Likes

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Johnthejohn(m): 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2023
Are you sure Tinubu hand no dey for the murder

12 Likes

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by God1000(m): 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2023
And this led to ugly chain of events that put us in a bloody civil war.

We're yet to forgive each other and move on as a country.

Rwanda has moved on since with tremendous progress after fighting a civil war

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by JASONjnr(m): 5:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
RIP A'Bello..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Sheistoopretty(f): 5:49pm On Jan 15, 2023
Eyyahh
Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
Reading about this would be interesting. I'll go dig some stuff up God willing

1 Like

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by dahmie2013: 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
Till tomorrow, I still cannot fathom the reason for this. Nywys, somebody is paying for it today.
Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by gift2xl: 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nigeria will be great again.
Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by StrongandMighty: 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2023
God bless Peter Obi the incoming president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by DMerciful(m): 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nzeogwu is from SS like me, let that sink in

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Polchiz(m): 6:56pm On Jan 15, 2023
tinsel:
On this day January 15th, Sir Ahmadu Bello, wife and others were brutally murdered in a first coup led by Major Nzeogwu.
https://mobile.twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1614633085374697472?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Millions of Nigerians have died in more severe and painful ways and Ahmadu Bello's life is not more important than theirs.
Additionally, Nzeogu is from Delta State. Why did he suddenly become Igbo just because he committed a crime?
A reverend father was burnt alive today by Ahmadu Bello brothers. Did you show any concern?

6 Likes

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Great2017: 6:57pm On Jan 15, 2023
To what end is this post ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by PandoraObi: 7:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
Igbos soldiers killed and robbed him

3 Likes

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
The Genesis

1 Like

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Sergio101(m): 7:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
PandoraObi:
Igbos soldiers killed and robbed him

No longer South South man??.

Who gave the order in particular??.

Delta man right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Zulum500: 7:13pm On Jan 15, 2023
DMerciful:
Nzeogwu is from SS like me, let that sink in
But he fought for biafla..
Are you n@rmal
Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by gidgiddy: 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
God1000:
And this led to ugly chain of events that put us in a civil war.

We're yet to forgive each other and move on as a country.

Rwanda has moved on since with tremendous progress after fighting a civil war

No thats not what led to civil war

The civil war was caused by the refusal of Gowon to keep to the Aburi agreement

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by DMerciful(m): 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
SS or SE is not in the constitution. Nzeogwu, Ngozi Okonjo
like me are from Delta State and we're Igbos.
Pakute:

Then we can as well agree that Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is not ibo, she's SS and not ibo. The spurious claims that there are ibos in Delta, Rivers etc, must stop henceforth. No ibos outside the 5 SE hamlets. Good!

1 Like

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by DMerciful(m): 7:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
So! Does that change the fact that he is from old midwest state which is current day Delta State.

There were whites that fought for Biafra, you're ignorant
Zulum500:

But he fought for biafla..
Are you n@rmal

2 Likes

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Sergio101(m): 7:24pm On Jan 15, 2023
Pakute:

Then we can as well agree that Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is not ibo, she's SS and not ibo. The spurious claims that there are ibos in Delta, Rivers etc, must stop henceforth. No ibos outside the 5 SE hamlets. Good!

Yeah. Very cool!!.

Now see how I want it.

I want a nobody like you to go to her present (Madam Ngọzi) and tell her....."You are not igbo".

Simple!!!........if your ass doesn't smell the bar, then we can continue with our talks.

(Remember I said in my previous post "if we must go by ill analysis being tabled on Nairaland")

2 Likes

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Zandena(f): 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2023
We have not forgotten that heneious crime against the North! We will never forget it and the consequences of the massacre will continue to hunt that particular region that orchestrated Monumental destruction of lives and property.
Nigerians shine your eyes this 2023 because they are packaging one of them to take over from Buhari. Never will Biafra people administer Nigeria! They have been tested and they betrayed the trust of Nigerians through 1966 massacres.

3 Likes

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Pakute: 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
DMerciful:
SS or SE is not in the constitution. Nzeogwu, Ngozi Okonjo
like me are from Delta State and we're Igbos.
Sergio101:

Yeah. Very cool!!.

Now see how I want it.

I want a nobody like you to go to her present (Madam Ngọzi) and tell her....."You are not igbo".

Simple!!!........if your ass doesn't smell the bar, then we can continue with our talks.

(Remember I said in my previous post "if we must go by ill analysis being tabled on Nairaland")
Why are you trying to deceitfully label Kaduna Nzeogwu as SS rather than his ibo tribe?

3 Likes

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by lwisee: 8:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rwanda civil war was 100 times worse than what we experienced in Nigeria, they've moved on but Nigerians refuse to heal.

1 Like

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Sheltermaker1: 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
No be now blood de spill for ground, may God help us
Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Tochi3(m): 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
Urchinsons staking their last worthless card... grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by DMerciful(m): 8:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nzeogwu is Igbo from SS, this is an undisputed fact. Why are you arguing against fact?
Pakute:

Why are you trying to deceitfully label Kaduna Nzeogwu as SS rather than his ibo tribe?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by lovere: 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2023
Reno keep fanning your embers of disunity with different moniker.
Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by Pakute: 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
DMerciful:
Nzeogwu is Igbo from SS, this is an undisputed fact. Why are you arguing against fact?
Oya, say after me, ibos led the coup that killed Hausa and Yoruba leaders...

5 Likes

Re: History: On This Day Ahmadu Bello And Wife Were Brutally Murdered by DMerciful(m): 9:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
You're just foolish. Nzeogwu was never voted for by Igbos neither did Igbos sponsor his military career so he did not representing Igbo nation
Pakute:

Oya, say after me, ibos led the coup that killed Hausa and Yoruba leaders...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu: Now Most Hated Politician In Northern Nigeria / Breaking: There Are Indications That Ambode Supporters Have Switched to LP / United Nigerians Against Hunger Protests And Crowd Disturbance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.