Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

What Should I Do Please, Please?? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Should I Do Please, Please?? (640 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
I made a post about getting a Laptop with 50k before my account was banned here. Most developers here are telling me to still save it to 80k. This same advise I followed last year that made me to use money I have saved to do forex trading and lost the whole money. I have suffered in this life no doubt, and I have a also procrastinated enough to learn this web designing skill. I believe in what I can do when I am fully in tech by God's grace. If I tell you how I have been able to save this 50k you will cry for me. My house rent will soon expire I just need a laptop to start now and I am very sure of myself that I will get a job before the house rent expire cux the work I have been doing I use the whole money on transport most of the times, I don't even eat that much sometimes once a day sometimes just water sustains me. It hasn't been easy all the way.

@truecoder I saw your reply about getting 8gb ram that 4gb ram would get slower but what can I do? If I am to save up to extra 30k is obviously going to take up to another 3months. My mental state is disturbed right now and I need to start and stop procrastinating I am currently learning JS with my phone and I also got a job offline. I promised the guy I will finish it this to tell you how talented I am in this with just little things I do with my phone but Laptop and suffering as been my limitations so far.

Please help me with your best advise. My mind is not stable at all.
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
Here is the Laptop I planned on getting

If it can serve me till I get my first job I will just buy it.
Or won't it serve me ??
If not I will just have to wait and follow true coder advise embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Stephen0mozzy: 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
Only Javascript will humble you.

You're going about this tech job expectations the wrong way. A 4gb ram laptop will work fine to learn HTML, CSS and Javascript, then you can also learn wordpress to be looking for side gigs to get a better laptop.

Learning to code can fry your brain cells easily, now imagine adding desperation to it, and you'll burn out easily for expecting too much from yourself...

I'm just starting too.. So it's my 2cents

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
Stephen0mozzy:
Only Javascript will humble you.

You're going about this tech job expectations the wrong way. A 4gb ram laptop will work fine to learn HTML, CSS and Javascript, then you can also learn wordpress to be looking for side gigs to get a better laptop.

Learning to code can fry your brain xella easily, now imagine adding desperation to it, and you'll burn out easily for expecting too much from yourself...

I'm just starting too.. So it's my 2cents

Thanks sir. I have heard what you said but I can't just allow depression not allow me fulfill dreams na boss...so you say I can't use 4gb ram for REACT
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by tollyboy5(m): 6:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
The laptop I'm using. I got it for 50k last year.
An average laptop can do whatever I need.

I don't know why people keep talking trash like getting a high rating laptop for beginner developers.

What I feel is important as a beginner developer is the ram of your system, so multitasking will be easier.

I'll be getting a bigger system this year and I'm not spending beyond 100k smiley
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by tollyboy5(m): 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
tizzz:

Or won't it serve me ??
If not I will just have to wait and follow true coder advise embarassed embarassed embarassed
If you're a beginner that's enough.
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
tollyboy5:
The laptop I'm using. I got it for 50k last year.
An average laptop can do whatever I need.

I don't know why people keep talking trash like getting a high rating laptop for beginner developers.

What I feel is important as a beginner developer is the ram of your system, so multitasking will be easier.

I'll be getting a bigger system this year and I'm not spending beyond 100k smiley

What was the RAM of your system sir
And what you were able to do with and if possible how you used it to manage the RAM

Please help me with the questions boss
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
tollyboy5:

Thanks so I can use it for REACT
Give me tips to manage the RAM please.
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by tollyboy5(m): 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
tizzz:

What was the RAM of your system sir
And what you were able to do with and if possible how you used it to manage the RAM

Please help me with the questions boss
Core 2
350gb if I'm correct.
4gb ram.

I write all my Laravel code on it. And I'm coding right now.

Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
tollyboy5:

Core 2
350gb if I'm correct.
4gb ram.

I write all my Laravel code on it. And I'm coding right now.

Thanks sir

It seems your PHP developer. Do you have any road map for me to follow and focus on. I can learn anything later but right now my goal is to use the resources I can get to fetch me money for now. Yes my goal right now is just MONEY I have passion for coding, yes, but now I just need money.
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by tollyboy5(m): 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
tizzz:

Thanks sir

It seems your PHP developer. Do you have any road map for me to follow and focus on. I can learn anything later but right now my goal is to use the resources I can get to fetch me money for now. Yes my goal right now is just MONEY I have passion for coding, yes, but now I just need money.
I don't know how to advice people.
First know what you want to do before choosing a stack.

Don't learn stuff because majority are doing it and don't learn stuff that will make it difficult to get employed in Nigeria.
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
tollyboy5:

I don't know how to advice people.
First know what you want to do before choosing a stack.

Don't learn stuff because majority are doing it and don't learn stuff that will make it difficult to get employed in Nigeria.
Okay I am about to learn REACT that is why I need the Laptop. Thanks for your input. I appreciate.
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Stephen0mozzy: 8:50pm On Jan 15, 2023
tizzz:

Thanks sir. I have heard what you said but I can't just allow depression not allow me fulfill dreams na boss...so you say I can't use 4gb ram for REACT

You're worried about step 4 when you norva do step one. I think subconsciously you're procrastinating... Oor... You're hoping to get a pity-party cum monetary support

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
tollyboy5:

Thanks sir
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Fourpockets: 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2023
I made a post about getting a Laptop with 50k before my account was banned here. Most developers here are telling me to still save it to 80k. This same advise I followed last year that made me to use money I have saved to do forex trading and lost the whole money. I have suffered in this life no doubt, and I have a also procrastinated enough to learn this web designing skill. I believe in what I can do when I am fully in tech by God's grace. If I tell you how I have been able to save this 50k you will cry for me. My house rent will soon expire I just need a laptop to start now and I am very sure of myself that I will get a job before the house rent expire cux the work I have been doing I use the whole money on transport most of the times, I don't even eat that much sometimes once a day sometimes just water sustains me. It hasn't been easy all the way.

@truecoder I saw your reply about getting 8gb ram that 4gb ram would get slower but what can I do? If I am to save up to extra 30k is obviously going to take up to another 3months. My mental state is disturbed right now and I need to start and stop procrastinating I am currently learning JS with my phone and I also got a job offline. I promised the guy I will finish it this to tell you how talented I am in this with just little things I do with my phone but Laptop and suffering as been my limitations so far.

I feel you man, it's really not easy and I hope you can overcome your current challenges cry
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Fourpockets: 8:50pm On Jan 16, 2023

You can
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Unbiased1: 10:14pm On Jan 16, 2023

Or won't it serve me ??

As long as you will stick to coding, I will advice you to get the 4gb ram laptop like that. From the specifications in the image you uploaded, I am sure the processor can support 8gb ram so I will advice you to buy the laptop now with its 4gb ram and save up to upgrade the ram to 8gb later on.
Another thing I noticed from your write-up is that you are likely going to place yourself under enormous pressure to start making money in the tech space. Please note that learning programming is not a day's job and they are several occasions where you will get stuck and confused. I'm not saying you shouldn't dedicate enough time to learn but, putting yourself under pressure to start making money from coding will only discourage you on the long run when you start getting stuck in learning process.
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by LikeAking: 12:03am On Jan 17, 2023

In the next 3 months the price of all laptops will go up. Try n buy a core i5 system.

Find who go sell u on part payment..

If you can't buy core i5, don't go below core i3.

Hurry up n buy bf the prices go up..

Dollar will soon rise agian..
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by truthCoder: 5:47am On Jan 17, 2023

This is why advising strangers is really risky and potentially bad.

You came online, said you want to buy a laptop with a budget of 50k. You never gave context of what you were going through and why you had a budget of 50k

I advised that you raise your budget to 80k so you could get one of the most affordable and best long-term laptops you can need as a developer.

Now you open another thread to sound emotional about what you are going through and why you think advice from people in general and me in particular is a bad idea.

Sorry for suggesting that you get a better laptop.

You see that LG laptop you shared, it is a good laptop too. Make the payment today and start coding.

Once again, sorry for advising you.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Arrayman: 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2023

Thanks so I can use it for REACT
Give me tips to manage the RAM please.
yes u can use it. I hope u meant reactjs.
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by DriggityDre: 4:03am On Jan 18, 2023
Op, I can feel the self-imposed pressure from the words alone. You have to relax and expect less. If you seek quick money, find a side job. Then balance it, and find time to learn.

Can you repair laptop? You fit work phone?
If you can, go join one of these workshops. Work as an apprentice and earn.

Also try to keep your pockets taut. Be smart with it. Good luck.
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 18, 2023
Unbiased1:

As long as you will stick to coding, I will advice you to get the 4gb ram laptop like that. From the specifications in the image you uploaded, I am sure the processor can support 8gb ram so I will advice you to buy the laptop now with its 4gb ram and save up to upgrade the ram to 8gb later on.
Another thing I noticed from your write-up is that you are likely going to place yourself under enormous pressure to start making money in the tech space. Please note that learning programming is not a day's job and they are several occasions where you will get stuck and confused. I'm not saying you shouldn't dedicate enough time to learn but, putting yourself under pressure to start making money from coding will only discourage you on the long run when you start getting stuck in learning process.

Yes the system is upgradable and that is why I plan on getting it in the first place. And thanks for your advise.
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 4:52am On Jan 18, 2023
Arrayman:
yes u can use it. I hope u meant reactjs.
Yes, thanks.
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 4:53am On Jan 18, 2023
LikeAking:

In the next 3 months the price of all laptops will go up. Try n buy a core i5 system.

Find who go sell u on part payment..

If you can't buy core i5, don't go below core i3.

Hurry up n buy bf the prices go up..

Dollar will soon rise agian..

Thanks for understanding me at least, I really appreciate.
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 4:57am On Jan 18, 2023
truthCoder:

This is why advising strangers is really risky and potentially bad.

You came online, said you want to buy a laptop with a budget of 50k. You never gave context of what you were going through and why you had a budget of 50k

I advised that you raise your budget to 80k so you could get one of the most affordable and best long-term laptops you can need as a developer.

Now you open another thread to sound emotional about what you are going through and why you think advice from people in general and me in particular is a bad idea.

Sorry for suggesting that you get a better laptop.

You see that LG laptop you shared, it is a good laptop too. Make the payment today and start coding.

Once again, sorry for advising you.

Well it seems so obvious you never have the opportunity to go through hardship in life or let me say stress in getting your first Laptop. What do you mean by sounding emotional about what I am going through? Does it make sense to you ridiculing someone like that What is it going to take you to tell me to get that laptop for now?? Or you think I didn't know I should get a better laptop before posting here. I am financially unstable and that's the reason I was a bit confused and also as an hungry man, well no point explaining to you, I guess you won't understand my condition still.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 18, 2023
Fourpockets:

I feel you man, it's really not easy and I hope you can overcome your current challenges cry

Thanks so much man. I believe so too

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 18, 2023
DriggityDre:
Op, I can feel the self-imposed pressure from the words alone. You have to relax and expect less. If you seek quick money, find a side job. Then balance it, and find time to learn.

Can you repair laptop? You fit work phone?
If you can, go join one of these workshops. Work as an apprentice and earn.

Also try to keep your pockets taut. Be smart with it. Good luck.

Yes the work I am doing is taking all my money seriously. I have a little to save because of transport but anyhow sha I will find another job in a closer location and I will quit my current one. Thanks for your advise man, I appreciate. It seems I will just get the Laptop and continuing working and coding so I don't put my eggs in one basket. Though it isn't easy at all.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by truthCoder2: 7:10am On Jan 18, 2023
tizsz:

Well it seems so obvious you never have the opportunity to go through hardship in life or let me say stress in getting your first Laptop. What do you mean by sounding emotional about what I am going through? Does it make sense to you ridiculing someone like that What is it going to take you to tell me to get that laptop for now?? Or you think I didn't know I should get a better laptop before posting here. I am financially unstable and that's the reason I was a bit confused and also as an hungry man, well no point explaining to you, I guess you won't understand my condition still.

You have 50k, you saw a laptop online for same 50k and you asked for advice? What were you expecting? only recommendations that soothe your soul?

We have all told you to go buy the 50k laptop. What are you still waiting for?

What do yo REALLY want?
Re: What Should I Do Please, Please?? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 18, 2023
truthCoder2:

You have 50k, you saw a laptop online for same 50k and you asked for advice? What were you expecting? only recommendations that soothe your soul?

We have all told you to go buy the 50k laptop. What are you still waiting for?

What do yo REALLY want?

Why you dey vex??
I will get the Laptop big man

(1) (Reply)

Programmers Needed In A Start Up Firm / Java Programming For Beginners / Confussed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.