Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

The Ibru(s) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ibru(s) (7013 Views)

When Senator Ben Bruce Gave Maiden Ibru A Deep Peck (picture) / Kanayo O. Kanayo Blasts Reno Omokri For Mocking Peter Obi Over Mr Ibru / MKO Abiola: Proceed To Restructure Nigeria, Cecilia Ibru Urges Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
Candidlady:

this is my first time of hearing of the family

someone said his family is wealthier/connected than dangote/adeleke put together
Yes, The Ibru family is extremely wealthy and connected. I think the family "collectively" is wealthier than Dangote. They've got investments/assets in almost every important sector of the economy. The Ibru port complex alone is a multi-billion money spinner.

PS: The Adelekes are non-factor here. They don't have it like that. It's OBO that gave them that wealth PR. There are wealthier Yoruba families.
Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2023

Are you kidding me? Ibru were the owners of eco bank then
They owned Oceanic bank (although I think they still own some shares in Ecobank presently).

Lol. I wouldn't blame her if she hasn't heard of the Ibru family before now. I think they are wealthy and low-key. The family owns some popular bussinesses that a lot of people don't even know they own. Little or no media coverage. Proper old money behavior.

3 Likes

Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 7:08pm On Jul 21, 2023
Candidlady:

Did he(family) actually run down ecobank ?
Cecilia Ibru did. Not their Patriarch.

1 Like

Re: The Ibru(s) by LagosFirstSon: 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2023
Moh247:

For now, nobody can really beat Dangote in Lagos.. his investments are just too massive.

so which of the investments belong to your dad?
Abi na other people from other tribe investment you counting as Lagos investment?
Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2023
poweredcom:

Dont call me mr perv ...i am not a perv foolish psycho

Go and check google to know about the ibrus properly i dont even know if you have ever been to Lagos before in your life

Children of today forming i too know on social media shame for you saying the ibru own Lagos ..so if a family pioneered some merchandize in some areas of Lagos and acquired some large portions of land in some areas of Lagos ...means they owned the city

..wtf no go isale eko go talk this statement na tie dem go tie you flog you for public

Next time ...stop writing jargons ....fish brain
Lmao. "Owning" Lagos is the wrong word to use. Nobody owns Lagos.

But the Ibru dynasty was instrumental in the development of Lagos along with other notable folks.
Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2023
casualobserver:

A lot of their businesses are dead due to the decline in the Nigerian economy but they were so diversified, the money still dey!

However there has been a lot of infighting in the family. So a lot of inheritance cases before the courts.
The infightings have long been settled. I won't say "alot" of the bussinesses died, I would say some died due to harsh economic conditions. I mean...it's even a miracle they've survived this long alongside the likes of Dantata, Folawiyo families, etc. Doing bussiness in Nigeria hard die.

And yes, the money still dey (like you rightly said).
Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2023
FSBoperator:

Several rubber, palm and Timber plantations in Delta state as well.

I believe they also own huge shares of Dunlop as well.
this is very correct. I think they operate bussinesses in industries that don't have that fancy media fanfare. The palm oil industry for example, they make insane money from palm oil production and exportation.

One of the Ibrus is the head of all major palm oil producers in Nigeria (including Okomu and Presco). I can't remember the man's name now...but he's rich rich.

1 Like

Re: The Ibru(s) by casualobserver: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2023
ChidiKalu:
The infightings have long been settled. I won't say "alot" of the bussinessed died, I would say some died due to harsh economic conditions. I mean...it's even a miracle they've survived this long alongside the likes of Dantata, Folawiyo families, etc. Doing bussiness in Nigeria hard die.

And yes, the money still dey (like you rightly said).

I stand corrected, you are right I should have said “some”.

1 Like

Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2023
FSBoperator:

The Ibru family from Ughelli, Delta state own Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja, Guardian Newspapers , Aerocontractors, several high brow business buildings and high rise in Lagos Island and VI. The family owns substantial jetty real estate in Apapa which served as their first fishing business jetties and cold room. The West Minister cold room and fish processing factory that ohus now occupy to sell their imported second hand cheap home appliances is owned by Ibru family.

The Ibru family is the only surviving family business dynasty in Nigeria. The only other family that comes close is the Dantata group which Dangote is descended from.

Okiete Ibo JuJu that is very common among Anambra business folk will not see wealth translate beyond the life of the one who mortgaged his soul to Ekwensu aka Satan does not come close to the real honest wealth of the Ibru family dynasty .

If the Patriarch Ibru was heebo we for no hear word.

Silent honest and humble billionaire family that has kept wealth in the loop because they do honest business.
Lol. Bro Make we no turn this thread to tribal war abeg. We've seen enough on Twitter. Thank you.
Re: The Ibru(s) by Hedonisco: 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2023
ChidiKalu:
Yes, The Ibru family is extremely wealthy and connected. I think the family "collectively" is wealthier than Dangote. They've got investments/assets in almost every important sector of the economy. The Ibru port complex alone is a multi-billion money spinner.

PS: The Adelekes are non-factor here. They don't have it like that. It's OBO that gave them that wealth PR. There are wealthier Yoruba families.

Even Tunde Folawiyo alone is wealthier than the Adelekes. But he is dead silent.

That said, it is ridiculous to say that the Ibrus are wealthier than Dangote. Not anywhere close to close. Forget old name. In fact, a lot of the new kids on the block with access to new money schemes (related or unrelated to government funds) would casually put the Ibrus to shame when it is a matter of cash. Even their previously conspicuously extravagant children (Obaro and Co) have been forced into hiding because they simply lack contemporary liquidity and can no longer compete!

1 Like

Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2023
Hedonisco:

Even Tunde Folawiyo alone is wealthier than the Adelekes. But he is dead silent.
Tunde Folawiyo is a proper don. It was Davido that actually gave them mad rep. Before now they weren't really rated like that amongst Eko (especially Ikoyi) old money circle.
Re: The Ibru(s) by casualobserver: 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2023
ChidiKalu:
this is very correct. I think they operate bussinesses in industries that don't have that fancy media fanfare. The palm oil industry for example, they make insane money from palm oil production and exportation.

One of the Ibrus is the head of all major palm oil producers in Nigeria (including Okomu and Presco). I can't remember the man's name now...but he's rich rich.

Dunlop is dead. I don’t know if they had any interest in Dunlop but Dunlop left Nigeria decades ago. I dont know what became of the rubber plantations. As for Presco and Okomu. Nothing to do with the Ibru’s. If they have any shares they are minor shareholders. Both companies are majority owned by foreign companies and in the case of Okomu the largest Nigerian shareholder by far is Gbenga Oyebode.

As for a comment you made somewhere about comparisons to Dangote…..no way. The Ibru’s are rich and might have been worth close to a billion dollars or more in the ‘80s but I very much doubt the wealth is up to $500m today and I am being generous. I won’t be surprised if it’s only half. A lot of the wealth of old Nigerian money was destroyed by the devaluation of the Naira over the years. We disrespect $1b in this country. There are very few people in this country that are worth $200m talk less $1b. Probably less than 500.

Nigeria does not have 20 legitimate dollar billionaires quiet or no quiet. Even Elumelu that people shout billionaire is not a billionaire. Hiis major assets are uba and transcorp check his shareholding and the market cap

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ibru(s) by oji2013(m): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2023
They are the first family to sell ice fish in Nigeria. They own cecilian ibru university
Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2023
Hedonisco:

That said, it is ridiculous to say that the Ibrus are wealthier than Dangote. Not anywhere close to close. Forget old name. In fact, a lot of the new kids on the block with access to new money schemes (related or unrelated to government funds) would casually put the Ibrus to shame when it is a matter of cash. Even their previously conspicuously extravagant children (Obaro and Co) have been forced into hiding because they simply lack contemporary liquidity and can no longer compete!
I said (I think) the family collectively is wealthier than Dangote. We are talking assets here cos the Dangote Forbes networth is about assets.

"Alot" of new kids on the block would put the Ibrus to shame? Lmao. Please casually name like three of such new kids on the block.

PS: Obaro is not in hiding. Motherfucker is in "Dubai living his best life" (touring the world). He only went low-key after the oceanic crisis.

Re: The Ibru(s) by anungangampu: 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2023
I think, they bought 80% of the Area we call Apapa today but they let go of those Land for Kirikiri prison, oil tanks and maybe all. The whole Ajegunle down to tincan till this day have a lot of properties from Delta billionaires in the past. But today, nobody talk about that anymore as their children was overtaken by Sapele water.

1 Like

Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
anungangampu:
I think, they bought 80% of the Area we call Apapa today but they let go of those Land for Kirikiri prison, oil tanks and maybe all. The whole Ajegunle down to tincan till this day have a lot of properties from Delta billionaires in the past. But today, nobody talk about that anymore as their children was overtaken by Sapele water.
they still own a lot of properties in and around Apapa (especially the waterways) along with a lot of other choice properties in Lagos. They are the biggest landlord in Apapa.

1 Like

Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2023
casualobserver:

Dunlop is dead. I don’t know if they had any interest in Dunlop but Dunlop left Nigeria decades ago. I dont know what became of the rubber plantations. As for Presco and Okomu. Nothing to do with the Ibru’s. If they have any shares they are minor shareholders. Both companies are majority owned by foreign companies and in the case of Okomu the largest Nigerian shareholder by far is Gbenga Oyebode.
Read to understand my bro. I said one of the Ibrus is the head of all major palm oil producers in Nigeria, and Okomu, Presco, Wilmar, etc are all part of this association. The association is called plantation owners of forum of Nigeria (POFON). It's a palm oil cabal.
Re: The Ibru(s) by Hedonisco: 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2023
ChidiKalu:
I said (I think) the family collectively is wealthier than Dangote. We are talking assets here cos the Dangote Forbes networth is about assets.

"Alot" of new kids on the block would put the Ibrus to shame? Lmao. Please casually name like three of such new kids on the block.

]PS: Obaro is not in hiding. Motherfucker is in Dubai living his best (touring the world). He went low-key after the oceanic crisis.[

Abeg make I laugh. Even some top level yahoo boys would dust his azz in that same Dubai.

Generally I don't need to mention some heavy names but trust me, 'ordinary' Jowi, Captain Okunbor's heir, and many more will run Obaro out of own.
Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
casualobserver:

As for a comment you made somewhere about comparisons to Dangote…..no way. The Ibru’s are rich and might have been worth close to a billion dollars or more in the ‘80s but I very much doubt the wealth is up to $500m today and I am being generous. I won’t be surprised if it’s only half. A lot of the wealth of old Nigerian money was destroyed by the devaluation of the Naira over the years. We disrespect $1b in this country. There are very few people in this country that are worth $200m talk less $1b. Probably less than 500.

Nigeria does not have 20 legitimate dollar billionaires quiet or no quiet. Even Elumelu that people shout billionaire is not a billionaire. Hiis major assets are uba and transcorp check his shareholding and the market cap
This conversation is now getting funny cos you are speaking like someone not harmed with facts. The family "Might" have been worth close to a billion dollars in the 80s? Lmao. Are you speaking of the entire family or one of the members? So you are saying the entire Ibru family today is worth $250m? God!!! This is laughable.

When Olorogun Michael Ibru died in 2016, legal/court documents showed he left over $8B in assets and cash behind...and that's just one Ibru.

1 Like

Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 8:26pm On Jul 21, 2023
Hedonisco:

Abeg make I laugh. Even some top level yahoo boys would dust his azz in that same Dubai.

Generally I don't need to mention some heavy names but trust me, 'ordinary' Jowi, Captain Okunbor's heir, and many more will run Obaro out of own.

Yahoo boys that spend all their money within few years (or maybe less)? How long do they stay ballin for? Do you know what wealth is all about? There's nothing yahoo boys are doing today that Obaro didn't do 15-20yrs ago and still doing (albeit in a more quite and laid back manner).

Yes, Jowi is balling now, but the loudest is not always the richest. I know the Okunbor guy and he hasn't even lived half the "life" Obaro lived. Whats their major source of income?

1 Like

Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2023
Hedonisco:

Lmao. Stay on the discussion. You said some new money kids on the block would put the Ibrus to shame when it comes to cash. You said the Ibrus not Obaro (Obaro is not amongst Olorogun's 1st five sons sef, na Tata for Ibru Family). Obaro is just one Ibru and he's not in charge of the Ibru family bussiness empire.

So I would want you to mention 2-3 new money kids that would put the Ibrus to shame.
Re: The Ibru(s) by casualobserver: 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2023
ChidiKalu:
Read to understand my bro. I said one of the Ibrus is the head of all major palm oil producers in Nigeria, and Okomu, Presco, Wilmar, etc are all part of this association. The association is called plantation owners of forum of Nigeria (POFON). It's a palm oil cabal.

Head of association is meaningless, you can be head of IPMAN and have only 2 gas stations. Ibru May have oil palm plantation but trust me I know whatever his plantation is is small. If it were large or functioning I would know.

Most Nigerian wealthy families from the ,80s have had their wealth decimated over the years. Be it Ibru, Tejuoso, Dantata, fajemirokun, Ojukwu, Adebowale, Bakare etc. for many of them the foundation of the wealt has disappeared. Why? Because most of their wealth was in Naira, earned in Naira in a country where the people were getting poorer and poorer and cannot afford their core products. Most of their investments were in Nigeria as patriotic citizens but devaluation has wiped out the value of their investments. That the Ibru’s are still standing is a testament to the wealth and diversification. But they are nowhere near Dangote as you claimed. Like I said I doubt they are worth $1b today. The new Nigerian billionaires today are new money and most are either in banking, oil, telecoms or exports. Ibru is still standing but Ibru is not Ibru of the 1980s.

People are celebrating the rise of the stock market but they forget the Naira devaluation has wiped out all of that gain in dollars. Like I said we like to overhype. Elumelu is a rich man but he is not a dollar billionaire…not yet! The entire UBA is not worth $500m and how much of it does he own? How much is transform worth and how much of it does he own? We just calll billionaire anyhow. Dollar billionaire is not beans!

2 Likes

Re: The Ibru(s) by casualobserver: 8:39pm On Jul 21, 2023
ChidiKalu:
This conversation is now getting funny cos you are speaking like someone not harmed with facts. The family "Might" have been worth close to a billion dollars in the 80s? Lmao. Are you speaking of the entire family or one of the members? So you are saying the entire Ibru family today is worth $250m? God!!! This is laughable.

When Olorogun Michael Ibru died in 2016, legal/court documents showed he left over $8B in assets and cash behind...and that's just one Ibru.

Stop lying. If he did it will be in the internet show me and I will gladly apologize.

You are the one speaking out of ignorance and without facts. I said I doubt Ibru family combined are not worth $1b today. I said closer to $500m is my estimate. But I won’t be surprised if it is only $250m. They had a lot of problems, Aero contractors was taken over by AMCON, they had problems with Federal palace hotel. They are still rich but not like before. Like I said I am being generous in my estimates. That they are still standing is success because like I said many of the old money families of the 70s and 80s are dead and buried.

1 Like

Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2023
casualobserver:

Head of association is meaningless, you can be head of IPMAN and have only 2 gas stations. Ibru May have oil palm plantation but trust me I know whatever his plantation is is small. If it were large or functioning I would know.

Most Nigerian wealthy families from the ,80s have had their wealth decimated over the years. Be it Ibru, Tejuoso, Dantata, fajemirokun, Ojukwu, Adebowale, Bakare etc. for many of them the foundation of the wealt has disappeared. Why? Because most of their wealth was in Naira, earned in Naira in a country where the people were getting poorer and poorer and cannot afford their core products. Most of their investments were in Nigeria as patriotic citizens but devaluation has wiped out the value of their investments. That the Ibru’s are still standing is a testament to the wealth and diversification. But they are nowhere near Dangote as you claimed. Like I said I doubt they are worth $1b today. The new Nigerian billionaires today are new money and most are either in banking, oil, telecoms or exports. Ibru is still standing but Ibru is not Ibru of the 1980s.
I said (I think) the "family" is collectively wealthier than Dangote (which is a possibility). It wasn't an authoritative statement and I was referring to the net assets of the Ibru family vs Dangote. 60-80% of Dangote's networth is derived from Nigeria stock exchange, paper valuation. No one knows the true extent of the Ibru family wealth as they are private...especially their real estate holdings across the globe. And I can tell you authoritatively that only Michael Ibru line is worth over $5B. There are documents that supports this.

You can't head POFON for years and not be a significant player in that industry. Aden River estates has over 6k hectares of Palm plantation...that's in no way small. Another major Nigerian player in the palm oil industry is Ajibola Adebutu.

PS: The Ibru family has stakes in all those industries you mentioned above. I think you truly don't know how wide their tentacles spread neither do you know how diversified they are (judging from your points on this thread).
Re: The Ibru(s) by casualobserver: 9:04pm On Jul 21, 2023
ChidiKalu:
I said (I think) the "family" is collectively wealthier than Dangote (which is a possibility). It wasn't an authoritative statement and I was referring to the net assets of the Ibru family vs Dangote. 60-80% of Dangote's networth is derived from Nigeria stock exchange, paper valuation. No one knows the true extent of the Ibru family wealth as they are private...especially their real estate holdings across the globe. And I can tell you authoritatively that only Michael Ibru line is worth over $5B. There are documents that supports this.

You can't head POFON for years and not be a significant player in that industry. Aden River estates has over 6k hectares of Palm plantation...that's in no way small. Another major Nigerian player in the palm oil industry is Ajibola Adebutu.

PS: The Ibru family has stakes in all those industries you mentioned above. I think you truly don't know how wide their tentacles spread neither do you know how diversified they are (judging from your points on this thread).

They are not! Oga you are looking at this thing with a small mindset and making assumptions. 6k hectares is only “large” in Nigeria, it’s peanuts, it’s only big to someone with a small mindset. Even in Ivory Coast Gabon etc these same companies that own Prescott, okumu and Wilmer have plantations of 100,000 ha. That is the kind of scale you operate at when you go into oil palm. That is why many Nigerians with small plantations fail, younneee 10,000 and above to be financially competitive. If you are lucky you will make $6m a year with 6000ha. . Oga adebutus plantation JB farms is small. The only serious players in oil palm in Nigeria worth of mention are Prescott, okomu, and Wilmer pz, they are all owned by foreigners. None of them turns over $100m p.a Oga you have a small mindset. The big players in the oil palm industry in Nigeria are foreigners, it is not unusual for a small Nigerianstakeholder to head the association.

Please don’t ever compare Ibru to Dangote

When I t came on this thread and told you Ibru’s are wealthy, you didn’t have problem, ow that I am telling you they are not as rich as you think you have problem.

You claim Ibru died with assets of $8b, I said if he did, it will be on the internet because the Ibru family saga and legal squabbles was well publicized. Please show me or just go away and stop responding to me. Unless you can show me where Michael Ibru had assets of even $2b Don’t bother replying to me or I won’t answer you.

2 Likes

Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 9:21pm On Jul 21, 2023
casualobserver:

Stop lying. If he did it will be in the internet show me and I will gladly apologize.

You are the one speaking out of ignorance and without facts. I said I doubt Ibru family combined are not worth $1b today. I said closer to $500m is my estimate. But I won’t be surprised if it is only $250m. They had a lot of problems, Aero contractors was taken over by AMCON, they had problems with Federal palace hotel. They are still rich but not like before. Like I said I am being generous in my estimates. That they are still standing is success because like I said many of the old money families of the 70s and 80s are dead and buried.
I am lying because it's not on the internet? Lol. This tells me so much about your IQ and understanding of private wealth. You think private wealth is accessible and easy to estimate? How can Forbes for example, rate private wealth that they don't have access to?

Speaking of the info being on the internet before you believe, Even Wikipedia says $2.5B (which is way above your $250m mark) but I am telling you "categorically and authoritatively" that $2.5B doesn't even reflect their true worth cause as a young finance guy I was privileged to work on the legal/finance team of a private asset management firm few yrs ago when Olorogun Michael died and na me know wetin my eye see. That team consisted of folks
from the private wealth division of Citi, IBTC, etc.

See my my Gee eh! Believe what you will abeg. No be my family money. Peace!!
Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2023
casualobserver:

They are not! Oga you are looking at this thing with a small mindset and making assumptions. 6k hectares is only “large” in Nigeria, it’s peanuts, it’s only big to someone with a small mindset. Even in Ivory Coast Gabon etc these same companies that own Prescott, okumu and Wilmer have plantations of 100,000 ha. That is the kind of scale you operate at when you go into oil palm. That is why many Nigerians with small plantations fail, younneee 10,000 and above to be financially competitive. If you are lucky you will make $6m a year with 6000ha. . Oga adebutus plantation JB farms is small. The only serious players in oil palm in Nigeria worth of mention are Prescott, okomu, and Wilmer pz, they are all owned by foreigners. None of them turns over $100m p.a Oga you have a small mindset. The big players in the oil palm industry in Nigeria are foreigners, it is not unusual for a small Nigerianstakeholder to head the association.

Please don’t ever compare Ibru to Dangote

When I t came on this thread and told you Ibru’s are wealthy, you didn’t have problem, ow that I am telling you they are not as rich as you think you have problem.

You claim Ibru died with assets of $8b, I said if he did, it will be on the internet because the Ibru family saga and legal squabbles was well publicized. Please show me or just go away and stop responding to me. Unless you can show me where Michael Ibru had assets of even $2b Don’t bother replying to me or I won’t answer you.
Dude you are just rambling really. There's no doubt that the Ibru palm plantation is one of the largest (if not the largest) indigenous palm pplantation in Nigeria. It doesn't matter if we have larger palms owned by foreign investors. It's like Aiteo vs shell.

And to be member of POFON, you have to be a significant palm plantation owner. The association only consists of the major palm oil players in the country. Up until now you didn't even know they had a palm plantation LMAO.

PS: Not sure you told me personally that the Ibrus are wealthy. But you don't need to really. Everyone knows. They've been wealthy since the 60s. What's there to tell? It's like telling someone that water is wet. That's a useless piece of information.
Re: The Ibru(s) by casualobserver: 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2023
ChidiKalu:
I am lying because it's not on the internet? Lol. This tells me so much about your IQ and understanding of private wealth. You think private wealth is accessible and easy to estimate? How can Forbes for example, rate private wealth that they don't have access to?

Speaking of the info being on the internet before you believe, Even Wikipedia says $2.5B (which is way above your $250m mark) but I am telling you "categorically and authoritatively" that $2.5B doesn't even reflect their true worth cause as a young finance guy I was privileged to work on the legal/finance team of a private asset management firm few yrs ago when Olorogun Michael died and na me know wetin my eye see. That team consisted of folks
from the private wealth division of Citi, IBTC, etc.

See my my Gee eh! Believe what you will abeg. No be my family money. Peace!!

Are you not the fool that said “ When Olorogun Michael Ibru died in 2016, legal/court documents showed he left over $8B in assets and cash behind...and that's just one Ibru.”.

We’re Dangote, Adenuga and the Oil woman shares in the public domain when Forbes declared them billionaires?

You lawyer, asset management! Comedian keep deceiving yourself. You are lucky this is the internet where anyone can assume any persona. Since we are playing fantasy career why not claim to be chairman of Goldman Sachs….idiot! You know a fake GM an on the internet when he starts to tell you I am this I am that. If you really know what you are talking about, the accuracy, legitimacy and facts in your post will speak for you. You are clearly a wannabe. You know where you gave yourself away and I knew for certain I was dealing with a quack? When you mentioned Presco and Okomu as well as claiming Ibru was worth $8b. You clearly have no idea of what $1b is talk less of $8.

Idiot!

In fact the more I think about it the more I am certain the entire Ibru family is not worth $500m.

1 Like

Re: The Ibru(s) by Hedonisco: 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2023
ChidiKalu:
Lmao. Stay on the discussion. You said some new money kids on the block would put the Ibrus to shame when it comes to cash. You said the Ibrus not Obaro (Obaro is not amongst Olorogun's 1st five sons sef, na Tata for Ibru Family). Obaro is just one Ibru and he's not in charge of the Ibru family bussiness empire.

So I would want you to mention 2-3 new money kids that would put the Ibrus to shame.

Haba. By the Ibrus I mean their kids na. How many first generation Ibrus are still alive? Is it Michael, Felix, or... Emm (what's his name) the one who owned Guardian and Sheraton?

So really. Who are the current "Ibrus"? Is it Oskar? Oboden? Obaro? Bet mind the smaller kiddos. They can't compete with the contemporary kids on the block.. Facts.
Re: The Ibru(s) by ChidiKalu: 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2023
casualobserver:

Are you not the fool that said “ When Olorogun Michael Ibru died in 2016, legal/court documents showed he left over $8B in assets and cash behind...and that's just one Ibru.”.

We’re Dangote, Adenuga and the Oil woman shares in the public domain when Forbes declared them billionaires?

You lawyer, asset management! Comedian keep deceiving yourself. You are lucky this is the internet where anyone can assume any persona. Since we are playing fantasy career why not claim to be chairman of Goldman Sachs….idiot! You know a fake GM an on the internet when he starts to tell you I am this I am that. If you really know what you are talking about, the accuracy, legitimacy and facts in your post will speak for you. You are clearly a wannabe. You know where you gave yourself away and I knew for certain I was dealing with a quack? When you mentioned Presco and Okomu as well as claiming Ibru was worth $8b. You clearly have no idea of what $1b is talk less of $8.

Idiot!

In fact the more I think about it the more I am certain the entire Ibru family is not worth $500m.
You are so uncouth and silly. So if one is not on Forbes list it entirely means the people on Forbes list are richer? Not minding the fact that Forbes might not have access to such private wealth? That's a very stupid way to think. You said I should point you to an internet info before you believe Olorogun Michael is worth even a Billion dollar...I pointed you to Wikipedia yet you are Still running around being uncouth and silly on this thread.

Nothing I said about Okomu and Presco is wrong. I said one of the Ibrus is the head of the association of major palm oil players in Nigeria which Okomu, Wilmar, and Presco are part of. This is verifiable. But you didn't know all these before now. You are such an arrogant dunce, really. The Ibrus have been making money from palm oil long before Okomu was even founded. Yet you didn't know they owned palm plantation...but you are here trying to act like you have some knowledge about the palm oil industry. Same industry that churned out millionaires/billionaires long before Okomu.

And as for whether the assets/shares of Dangote and Adenugu were in public domain before they were declared billionaires. Yes, Dangote assets are mostly in public domain, and before Forbes can rate you, they have to gain personal access to you or your team to be able to calculate your estimated networth. Forbes don't rate some people cos they don't have access to them and much of it is private wealth and some of those people shut them out. The fact that I need to explain this to you tells me that you know absolutely nothing about the finance industry. You are just loud.
Re: The Ibru(s) by casualobserver: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2023
ChidiKalu:
Dude you are just rambling really. There's no doubt that the Ibru palm plantation is one of the largest (if not the largest) indigenous palm pplantation in Nigeria. It doesn't matter if we have larger palms owned by foreign investors. It's like Aiteo vs shell.

And to be member of POFON, you have to be a significant palm plantation owner. The association only consists of the major palm oil players in the country. Up until now you didn't even know they had a palm plantation LMAO.

PS: Not sure you told me personally that the Ibrus are wealthy. But you don't need to really. Everyone knows. They've been wealthy since the 60s. What's there to tell? It's like telling someone that water is wet. That's a useless piece of information.
You really are daft. I told you, if Ibrus are big players in the oil palm Industry I will know. The way I have responded to you about various matter s should tell you you are dealing with someone with more than just a passing knowledge of the oil palm industry. But like Mmesoma you don’t know when “this one pass you” Like I said evidence of Ibru $8b or get the fork out of my posts. You have no credibility until you can back up your $8b claim.

Just so you know as at the time Michael died FPH was dead because they could t meet their financial obligation to their South African partners , aero was in receivership and yet you claim the man had $8b at time of death.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

With The Rejection Of APC In Bayelsa- Can We Say APC Is A Northern Party? / FG To Spend N88billion On Ex-militants In 2013 / 2023: See The Next Nigerian President (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.